for daring to come to the defense of his sister.
这就是那对兄妹惨死的故事
It describes the agonies of those two innocent, young people.
两个无辜的年轻人就这样死了
That boy is dead. That girl is dead.
他们两个都死了
All that peasant family but one
全家都死了 只剩一个
died through the cruelty and oppression of the Evrémondes.
艾威蒙害死他们全家
All but one, a sister.
只剩一个女的
That sister was hidden from them and she lives.
她忍♥辱负重
She lives today!
活到今天
I am that sister!
那就是我
And I demand the life of the last of the Evrémondes!
而我要求他被判死刑
I demand it!
这是我的要求
But this boy had nothing to do with that.
但这个男孩与此无关
Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.
不要 有罪
The accused is found guilty of being an enemy of the republic.
本庭宣判被告有罪
Citizen president, the citizens of the republic
庭上 法国人♥民♥…
demand the death of the prisoner.
要求处死被告…
Granted. Death within 48 hours.
同意 4 8小时内执行
Charles! Charles!
查尔斯
Charles!
查尔斯
Charles!
查尔斯
Now, my good doctor, save him if you can.
不要… 现在看医生怎么救他
Oh, merciful Creator,
亲爱的天父
have pity on Thy servant, Charles.
求你拯救你的仆人查尔斯
He came here to save a life.
他是来救别人一命
Save his.
请你救他的命
“Louis Bach, merchant of Metz.”
雷白克 商人
Pass.
过关
“Maria Fontanni, singer.”
玛莉
Singer.
原来是歌♥星
Pass.
过关
“Sydney Carton, English advocate.”
席德尼卡顿 英国人
Pass.
过关
Right. Pass.
你们可以走了
But it’s incredible that the De Farges
我真是惊讶
should have turned against Manette like that.
迪法奇一家人竟然不理会你
He regarded them as his best friends in Paris.
还亏你是他最好的朋友
Every revolution breeds fanatics like Madame De Farge.
迪法奇夫人是革命产物 这点我了解
But how anyone could be cruel to Lucie I cannot understand.
但是她怎么可以这样对露西 这点我不了解
Tell me, how is she?
告诉我 她还好吗
How do you imagine she is
她丈夫就快死了
with her husband condemned to die?
那你认为呢
Why do you take up my time asking these questions?
不要问这种笨问题 这在浪费我的时间
What… what good are these questions?
这种问题毫无意义
Forgive me if I notice that you are affected.
原谅我 我不知道你这么感伤
I shouldn’t respect your sorrow more
就算你是我父亲
if you were my own father.
我也没什么感觉
From that misfortune, however, you are free.
很幸运的 你不是
Indeed, that is one thing to be grateful for, I suppose.
这一点我觉得很幸运
When is the… the execution to take place?
死刑什么时候执行
Within 24 hours.
再过2 4小时
You’re remaining long in Paris?
你们会在巴黎待段时间吗
No, I’ve done all the good I can do here.
不 我已经无能为力了
You’re going to Lucie’s, I hope.
你要去露西那里 对吧
She must be very desolate tonight.
她今晚一定非常伤心
And she has such a strong attachment to you
你对她影响很大
and reliance on you.
她需要你
I’ll be going directly.
我会直接去
I shall venture to go and see her later.
那我待会儿再去找她
Perhaps there is something she would like me to do for her.
或许她会对我有所要求
There’s nothing for you to do that I can see.
我认为你帮不上什么忙
I shall let her tell me so.
那让她告诉我
Perhaps we shall meet at Lucie’s then.
我们应该直接去找露西
Perhaps.
大概吧
Hello, Mr. Carton. How are you?
哈啰 卡顿先生 你好
Hello, Jerry.
哈啰 杰利
Better than the stool I had in London, eh, Mr. Carton?
这个比伦敦那个还好
Belonged to a duke, they say.
他们说 这是一个公爵的椅子
I paid two shillings for it. What are you doing here?
我付两先令就买♥♥到了 你在这里干嘛
Oh, I arrived with some documents for Mr. Lorry.
我是来把文件拿给罗利先生的
So I’m gonna stay here and do his errands
既然我来了
like I did at home.
我会帮他做文书
I suppose you heard about Mr. Darnay?
我想你听到丹尼先生的事了
Yes. Very sad.
对 -很伤心
Only the other day, I was talking about this case
前几天我和你的老朋友 在谈这件事
with an old friend of yours, Mr. Barsad.
那就是巴索先生
Is he here in Paris? Is he here?
他在这里
He goes in and out of prisons
就像国王一样
like as if he was high and mighty.
可以为所欲为
He goes in any place. He does, does he?
他去任何地方 -是的,是吗?
If you ask me, I think he’s a sort of official.
如果你问我,我认为他是个官员
A spy of the prisons. Ah.
我听说他是监狱中的间谍
And he’s very prosperous, is Barsad.
他是巴士底监狱的地头蛇
Whatever you say about him, he’s talented.
他不管到哪里
Put him anywhere, he’ll get along.
都可以生存
You say a spy on the prisons. What prison, for example?
那他现在在哪个监狱
Mostly La Force Prison. La Force.
大部份都在重刑案监狱
That information may be useful.
原来如此 这对我可能有用
Good, sir. All right, Jerry.
可能吧 谢了 杰利
Glad to see you sitting on the last throne left in Paris.
看到你坐在巴黎 最后一个王位上
Very fitting.
真适合你
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你
I implore you to have pity on me.
我求你怜悯我
You have such power.
你办得到
It is still not too late for you to help me.
现在还不算太迟
As a wife and mother, I appeal to you.
我们都是为人♥妻♥ 为人母
We are wives and mothers, and did they think of us?
你说的没错 但是艾威蒙家族并不认为
All our lives we suffered, and our children suffered,
我们受苦 我们的孩子也得受苦
poverty and nakedness, hunger, sickness, death.
贫穷 挨饿 疾病 死亡
No one showed us mercy.
没有人怜悯我们
Why should the troubles of one wife and mother
为什么一妻一母的烦恼
mean anything to us now?
一切都不重要了
But I am not an aristocrat.
但是我不是贵族
I’m the daughter of a country doctor.
我只是一位医生的女儿
I’m one of the people, just as you are.
我就和你们一样
I don’t trust those members of the people
我不相信
who marry aristocrats.
和贵族结婚的女人
I see that I can hope for nothing from you.
看来跟你说不通
No, citizeness, none.
不, 没有
I’ll thank you to leave the child alone.
我不准你再碰这个小孩
And what’s more, don’t grin at me, boldface.
还有不要对我傻笑
Yes, there are still Evrémondes.
还有艾威蒙的孽种留下来
Here, Ladybird, drink this.
喝点东西吧
No.
不要
Sydney, there is still hope, isn’t there?
席德尼 还是有希望的 对吧
Well, it might take a long time
嗯,可能要花很长时间
to see a man so important as Danton.
见到丹顿这样重要的人
I feel sure of it.
我确信这一点
Your father’s reputation would affect that very easily.
你父亲在这里很有名望
And Danton could save him if he wanted to, couldn’t he?
而那位名人可以救他 对吧
Yes, Danton could save him.
是的 他可以救他
Where did you get this, Lucie?
这是哪里来的
A nice old lady gave it to me at the wine shop.
在酒店有个好心的女人给我的
What wine shop is the child talking about?
她在说哪家酒店
The D… the De Farge’s. We went there to…
迪法奇酒店 我们去…
You mean to say that the De Farges saw the child?
你是说迪法奇看到这个小孩吗
Merciful hea… Shh.
天啊
What is it? Why are you whispering?
怎么了 你们为什么说话这么小声
Father.
父亲
Father.
父亲
Have you… have you seen him?
你有没有见到他

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!