所以我们正在计划我们的下个假期
So we’re planning our next vacation.
我想去澳大利亚 她想去意大利
I want Australia, she wants Italy.
我喜欢潜水 她喜欢大蒜
I like snorkeling. She likes garlic.
突然 毫无缘由地 她对我说”我需要她吗”
All of a sudden, out of nowhere, she says to me:”do I need her?”
老天 邦尼 这算是哪门子问题
Jesus, Benny. What kind of a question is that?
需要 需要某人到底是什么意思
Need? What does it really mean to need somebody?
邦尼 燃油管路
Benny, fuel line.
沃尔多 你能接下电♥话♥吗
Waldo, could you answer that phone?
-你好 -我需要张支票 邦尼 货到付款
-Hello. -I need a check, Benny. COD.
马上 办公室见
In a minute. Meet me in the office.
好的
All right.
熄了 我这儿有个燃油管路坏了
Put that out! I got a fuel line broke.
邦尼 琼又在打电♥话♥了
Hey, Benny. Joon’s on the phone again.
我会回过去的 找出她想要什么
I’ll call back. Find out what she wants.
是急事
It’s an emergency.
她说你快吃完颗粒花生酱了
She says you’re runnin’ low on Peanut Butter Super Chunks.
急事…
An emergency…
你说的是果冻 你只喜欢两种
The issue is jelly. You only like two kinds.
你喜欢葡萄或者波森莓 哪种 好的
You either like grape or boysenberry. Which is it? All right.
是 是 是 花生酱 我知道 颗粒的
Yeah, yeah, yeah, peanut butter. I know. Super Crunch.
六点见 好吗 再见
I’ll see you at six, OK? Bye.
感谢等候 女士
Thanks for waitin’, ma’am.
我恐怕我们能给你的最低是…
I’m afraid the best we can do for you is gonna be…
是750美元
It’s gonna be $750.
如果你出去比比 你就知道这真是笔好买♥♥卖♥♥
If you check around, you’ll see that that is a really good deal.
是吗
Yeah?
这真的是笔好买♥♥卖♥♥ 女士
That is a really very good deal, ma’am.
有点太好了
A little too good.
成交
Let’s do it.
过来 来这儿
Come here. Come here.
你没在干活儿 你的工作是什么到底
You’re not doing your job! What is your job, anyway?
打扫房♥子 不过不再是了
To clean this house, but not any more!
从我视野里出去
Get out of my sight!
你怎么敢 琼
You wouldn’t dare, Joon!
这儿怎么了 琼
What is going on here? Joon?
斯梅尔太太 请让我解释
Mrs. Smail, please, let me explain.
别费心了 说什么都是白搭
Beware, the winds of reason shall blow stern.
-什么 -我不干了 珀尔先生
-What? -I’m done, Mr. Pearl.
我不干了
I’m done! The mule’s turned to glue!
她没人看着就乱跑 她突然爆发了
She wanders off unescorted. She has sudden outbursts.
她根本没办法管
She’s simply unmanageable.
斯梅尔太太 等等 请让我跟她谈谈
Mrs. Smail, wait. Please, let me talk to her.
我能跟她谈谈 你不能临时就这么走了
I can talk to her. You can’t quit on such short notice.
抱歉 先生 在爱尔兰 我们有句俗语
I’m sorry, sir. In Ireland, we have a sayin’.
“船能岸上跑 海能张口说”
“When a boat runs ashore, the sea has spoken.”
来吧 我们三个人玩不了牌
Come on! We can’t play three-handed poker.
在我找到另一个女管家前她每天都得一个人
She’s gonna be alone every day until I find another housekeeper.
我晚上也不会让她自己待着的
I’m not leavin’ her alone at night, too.
所以带她过来 她能做什么 她只能画画阅读
So bring her. What’s she can do, she just paints and reads.
是 她画画她阅读 她拿东西点火
Yeah, she paints she reads, and lights things on fire.
那只发生过一次 我有灭火器 带她来吧
That happened once. I got a fire extinguisher. Just bring her.
把你屁♥股♥从这儿挪开 别忘了你欠我的路易斯第一记录
Get your ass over here. Don’t forget the Louis Prima record you owe me.
记住 要记得记录 好吗
Remember, always play for keeps, right?
好吧 是 我会去的 好
All right, all right, all right. Yeah, I’ll be there. OK.
琼 吃晚饭了
Joon, dinner!
意面和沙拉
Spaghetti and salad?
按那个顺序吗
In that order?
你和斯莫尔太太之间发生什么了
What happened between you and Mrs. Smail?
她说一些不怎么样的比喻
She was given to fits of semiprecious metaphors.
她是女管家 不是英语教授
She’s a housekeeper, not an English professor.
她乱挪东西
She moves things.
她说你乱跑
She said you wandered off.
你有没有独自出门
Did you leave the house alone?
什么叫”独自”
Define”alone.”
你完全知道我在说什么
You know full well what I’m talkin’ about.
听着 我工作的时候不能担心着
Listen, when I am work I can’t be worried about
你是不是会弄的另一个管家辞职
whether you knocking another housekeeper into retirement.
首先 是拉克斯珀太太
First, it was Mrs. Larkspur.
一个卫生极其糟糕的女人
A woman deeply and hygienically disturbed.
-她头发有味儿 -但是接着是佩尔斯太太
-Her hair smelled. -But then it was Mrs. Piltz.
佩尔斯 答案就在问题里
Piltz? The answer’s in the question.
我们直说吧 本杰明 雇女管家不是你的强项
Let’s face it, Benjamin. Hiring housekeepers is not your forte.
是吗 知道我确实找到另一个女管家前
Well, until I do find another housekeeper,
你都得待在房♥子周围
you are gonna stick close to the house.
明白吗
Understand?
现在来点沙拉 对了顺便一说
Now have some salad. By the way,
我想让你跟我一起去玩牌
I want you to come with me to my poker game.
-邦尼 -来吧 你会开心的
-Benny… -Come on. You’ll have a good time.
网带和扣
Web belt and buckle.
古希腊马丁尼混合器
Classical Greek martini shaker.
六只火鸡羽毛飞镖
Six turkey-feather darts.
我会在狄安娜·窦萍一张专辑看到你
I’ll see you with a Deanna Durbin album.
来吧
Come on.
我会用听诊器超过你
And I’ll raise you with a stethoscope.
末尾有小的塑料听筒吗
Does it have little plastic earpieces on the end?
你关系什么 你从不赢 麦克
What do you care? You never win, Mike.
我不想它们刺伤我耳膜
I don’t want ’em stabbin’ my eardrums.
方向盘旋钮
Steering-wheel knob.
沙拉射手
Salad Shooter.
Salad Shooter是National Presto Industries的
一款制♥作♥沙拉的产品
1956普利茅斯拆轮胎棒
’56 Plymouth tire iron.
-不出 -你肯定有手好牌
-Fold-o. -You must have a good hand, huh?
不 我糊弄你们的
No, I’m bluffin’.
真的吗
Really?
赶紧的 你得继续下去才能知道
Come on. You gotta play to find out.
好吧 150英尺同轴电缆 亮牌吧
OK. 150 feet of coaxial cable. Show ’em.
-三带二 四个钩 -妈的
Full house. Jacks over fours. -Oh, shit.
我觉得他糊弄了
I thought he was bluffin’.
有人能往他脑袋里灌点空气吗
Will someone get some air to his brain?
他骗中有骗
He was bluffing about bluffing.
你真是个好伙计 邦尼
You’re a real pal, Benny.
我有个关于你管家问题的解决方法 你可以用我室友
I got a solution to your housekeeper problem. You can have my roommate.
那是个好提议 本杰明
That’s a terrific offer, Benjamin.
把你自己从零碎家务购物中解救出来
Save you from the chore of Smail shopping.
那事儿真苦逼 不是吗
Those places are such drudgery, are they?
蒙哥马利和斯梅尔 斯梅尔和罗巴克
Montgomery and Smails, Smails and Roebuck,
斯梅尔和我们…
Smails-R-Us…

Joon.
-你有室友了吗 你什么时候有室友了 -从上周起
-You got a room-mate? When did you get a roommate? -Since last week.
我表亲闯进镇上了于是
My cousin pounded into town
七天内我的生活从天堂跌到地狱
and life’s gone from heaven to hell in seven days.
就像是和善的主有意为之
Just like the good Lord intended.
26岁了 他甚至不能阅读
26 years old, he can’t even read.
整天打磨我的塑料叉子
Spends all day polishing my plastic forks.
你说他不能阅读是什么意思 单词什么的吗
When you say he can’t read, what do you mean? Like words?
没错 而且他还让我整晚醒着看愚蠢的老电影
Yeah. And he keeps me up all night watchin’ stupid old movies.
我工作开始遭罪了
My work’s starting to suffer.
你可以装有线电视
You install cable TV.
琼 你能粘你的亮片吗
Joon, will you please glue your sequins?
我们有内部的亮片问题要粘吗 本杰明
Have we an internal sequin issue to deal with, Benjamin?
好吧 这能算最后一轮吗
All right, can we make this the last hand?
快点 快点 玩儿牌
Come on, come on. Play cards.
两张票 明天晚上的棒球赛
Two tickets, tomorrow night’s baseball game.
一个口袋大小的渔夫
One Pocket Fisherman.
-过 -你曾经待在家里过吗
-Fold. -Do you ever stay in?
潜水面具
Snorkel mask.
她知道怎么全天惹事儿
She knows how to rattle the day help.
我想我们得找个比斯梅尔太太更善解人意的
I think we need to find someone more understanding than Mrs. Smail.
跟我说说 你俩是怎么相处的
Tell me, how are you two getting along?
我们
Us?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
前一篇文章地球之夜
下一篇文章爵士春秋
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!