-Are you fucking kidding me? -What?
-你♥他♥妈♥的在逗我吧 -咋的了?
That’s Stan Sigman. That’s the CEO of AT&T.
斯坦·希格曼,他是AT&T的CEO
You know, Steve and I first met about two years ago
我和史蒂夫大概是两年前在
in New York City when he shared with me
纽约认识的,当时他给我分享了
this vision that he had for this product.
他要想做的这款产品的前景
-This fuckin’ guy. -And we’ve been working on it
-这逼 -我们已经一起
for a long time and actually — All right, everybody, That’s it.
合作了一段时间——行了各位,就看到这儿吧
Fun time’s over. Back to work.
开心时刻结束了,接着干活了
I need a prototype of the Bold in my hand by Friday
周五之前我手里的有一个黑莓Bold的原型机
with a working trackpad.
而且得带个好使的触控板
Thank you.
辛苦各位了
That’s crazy.
简直疯了
[Ringing]
[铃♥声♥]
Yellow.
雷猴哇
-Hi. Is this Douglas? -Yeah, yeah.
-嗨,是道格拉斯吗? -系偶系偶
I’m from the Securities and Exchange Commission,
我是证券交易委员会的
and I was wondering if you could answer some questionsfor me.
可以请你回答几个问题吗?
Sure. Okay. Check the knock.
行,可以,去门口找找吧
Were you involved in the hiring of a Mr. Paul Stanos?
你参与雇佣保罗·斯塔诺斯了吗?
Sorry. You’re from where?
抱歉没听清,你是哪里?
I’m from the SEC.
证♥监♥会♥
It’s a serious call?
这是个正式通话吗?
Yes.
是的
Yeah. You called the wrong person.
得嘞,你找错人了
I can’t help you with anything like that.
你说那种事儿我是真不了解
Is this Douglas Fregin?
你是道格拉斯·弗莱根吗?
-Yes, ma’am. -Sorry, I have you listed here
-是的,女士 -不好意思,我这儿看
as one of the founders of the company.
你是公♥司♥创始人之一啊
I… Yeah, I guess I am. Uh…
我……是,可能是吧,呃……
Doug?
道格?
I got to go.
我得撂了
[Ringtone playing]I’m sorry.
[手♥机♥铃♥声♥]抱歉
Unknown number? -No.
未知来电? -别接
-Mr. Balsillie? -Yes.
-巴尔西里先生? -正是
Welcome to the NHL.
欢迎来到大联盟
Thanks for having me.
感谢邀请
Nice to meet you. Just this way.
很高兴见到你,这边请
Okay, great.
好,真不错
Right in here.
我们到了
Yeah. Good to see you. Thank you for taking the time.
见到你真好,多谢抽时间过来
Oh, I’ve always got time for you, Gary.
噢,你找我永远有时间,加里
Get me on the phone with Copps Coliseum.
给科普西体育馆打电♥话♥
It’s at the arena in Hamilton.
你说汉密尔顿那个运动场么
Yeah. Tell ’em I want to buy it.
对,告诉他们我要把它买♥♥下来
Okay. So I thought you were buying the Pittsburgh Penguins.
好吧,我还以为你要买♥♥皮茨堡企鹅队呢
Yes, I am. Let’s go.
是的,都买♥♥,走吧
-Okay, we got to go. -One sec.
-好了我们得走了啊 -马上
This is it. This is good enough.
就这样,这就够好了
This is good. -This is good enough?
很好了 -这就够好了?
Apple is launching a marketplace for applications.
苹果要上线一个应用商店
It’s going to be third party developers.
都是第三方开♥发♥者
Any — any — any — anyone —
每——每、每个人
This is bad. Bad time, bad time, bad time.
这会儿不,不方便,不方便,不方便
-Bad time. -Third party developers.
-不方便 -第三方开♥发♥者啊
-Hey, man. -Yeah.
-拿走吧哥们儿 -好嘞
-It’s laggy as hell. -Good enough.
-这玩意卡得要死 -够用了
Good enough. -Okay, now.
够用了 -走了走了啊
-Yeah, we got it. -Doug, come on.
-好,整完了 -道格,来啊
They’re launching an application marketplace.
他们要上线一个应用商店
Okay. So the touchpad is working.
好了,触控板成了
I don’t know if I would say that it’s working-working.
我也不好说它是成了多少
[Sighs]
[叹气]
What?
咋了?
Do you have a suit?
你有正装不?
2.4 inches, 480 by 360 HVGA screen,
2.4英寸,480乘360像素分辨率显示屏
and to top it all off,
不仅如此,
the world’s first trackpad, which we believe will be
全球第一个带触控板的手♥机♥,我们相信这触控板
the dominant navigational device for all mobile devices
在两年内会成为所有移♥动♥设备争相
within the next two years.
效仿的对象
The BlackBerry Bold.
这就是黑莓Bold
That’s it?
就这
Uh-huh.
嗯哼
That — that’s what you got for us?
你就——给我们弄了个这玩意?
A trackpad?
一个触控板?
Uh…
啊……
Y-you guys see Apple’s thing?
你——你们看到苹果出那个产品了么?
Any reaction to that? -Plenty. Yeah.
有啥跟他们竞争的么? -不少呢,啊
It’s an overdesigned, trying-to-do-too-much toy
苹果那玩意是个过度设计意图啥都能干的玩具
that will crash any network gullible enough to take it on.
谁家网络敢轻易上它就得被他干崩溃
It is, by every metric,
在任何角度下,它都
the exact opposite of everything we do at Research in Motion.
和我们RIM的产品和作为完全相反
Less data, no frills, reliable network.
较少的数据使用量,没那些花里胡哨,可靠的网络连接
Okay, that’s BlackBerry.
是吧,这就是黑莓
Sexy slogan, Mike.
这套词儿不错,迈克
So, I guess you just want to kill your whole network?
要么,你们是想把你们的整个网络干掉吗?
Because that’s what it would do.
反正苹果肯定能给你们干掉
Yeah. The iPhone, they put a keyboard right on the screen.
啊,那个iPhone,在屏幕上直接做了个键盘
And it’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen
那是我这辈子见过的
in my entire life.
最蠢的事儿了
Ask anyone what they love most about their BlackBerry
随便问问谁,他们最喜欢黑莓的哪一点
and you will get the same answer every single time:
他们永远都会说
The keyboard, the click. Okay
键盘,咔哒咔哒,好吧
Th-this — -Well…
这——这—— -好吧……
Yeah, yeah. -This entire market
确实,确实 -整个智能机市场
was born of our innovation,
都是由我们的创意诞生的
our idea to put a keyboard on a phone.
把键盘放到手♥机♥上就是我们的点子
We did that. We built that from a pile of garbage in 1996.
我们早在、早在1996年就用一堆垃圾,都做出来了
So, there’s another slogan
这套词儿也不错
I don’t know, Mike.
我说不好啊,迈克
AT&T’s got Apple, we were kind of hoping
AT&T拿到苹果代理了,我们多少也希望
you’d come in here with an iPhone killer.
你过来能带个iPhone杀手那样的产品
I — I don’t need to kill it
我——它不需要杀手杀
because it’s going to commit suicide
它的做法无异于自杀
and it’s going to take down the whole fucking
而且它还得他妈拉着整个辛格乐的网络
Cingular network with it.
一起给他垫背
I’m giving you gold,
我给你们的是金矿
and I think you’re all misunderstanding it.
但我觉得你们都没理解到位
Uh…
呃……
I created this entire product class.
我创造了这整个产品系列
I created this entire fucking market.
我他妈创造了这整个市场
I created this entire product class.
我创造了这整个产品系列
So listen to me — the trackpad is a mouse pad.
所以听我说——触控板是个鼠标
Uh —
呃——
Built into the phone.
手♥机♥里的鼠标
Yeah.
是啊
And… Right. Okay.
另外……好吧,行
Yeah. Okay. Good enough.
行,可以,够好了
Thanks, guys, for coming down. Tell you what.
谢了,二位,大老远儿的,这样儿的吧
Let us — we’ll we’ll talk about this internally.
让我们——我、我们内部讨论一下
We’ll get back to you, okay?
然后联♥系♥你们,好吧?
Tell Jim we missed him.
跟吉姆说我们很想他
Let’s go.
走吧
He’s back. Back in Waterloo, working because…
他回,在滑铁卢,忙着弄……
So, he promised me not to mention…
得,他让我不能说……
the other thing.
另一样东西
We’re not quite there yet.
我们还没做完呢
But we’re working on something pretty top secret.
但我们在做一个高度保密的项目
He made me promise not to mention it, um..
他让我不要讲,嗯……
Prototype, we’re still a few weeks out, uh,
原型机,还得几周才能做出来,呃
but, you know,
但是,那什么