Home 英文剧本 黑莓(2023)

黑莓(2023)

0
黑莓(2023)

给啥喝的都不要
Thirst is a display of weakness.
口渴容易露怯
No, I may have forgotten the phone.
不是,我好像把手♥机♥丢了
-Please tell me you’re joking. -No, I’m completely serious.
-你是在逗我吧 -不,我认真的
Fuck!
操!
All right, here’s what we’re going to do.
得,那我们就这样
I need you to draw out a little sketch.
你得给我画一个草图
-Okay. -Okay? Something that shows
-行 -行吧?画个
the keyboard just like you did in my office.
跟你在办公室给我画的那样的键盘
Okay. Yeah. Okay.
行,可以,没问题
Excuse me, miss. Can I trouble you
不好意思美女,能麻烦你
for a pen and paper, please?
给我支笔给我张纸嘛?
They’re ready for you.
他们准备好见你们了
Great.
很好
Yeah. Yeah, that’s right.
好,好,就这样
Oh, wait, wait. Here he is.
哦,等一下,他在这儿呢
-Don’t worry, okay. -Hey.
-没事儿,啊 -嘿
-Hi. -Hi.
-嗨 -嗨
-How are you? -Good.
-你们好么 -不错
Good. We, uh — are we waiting for anyone?
不错,我们,呃——还要等谁么?
I’m alone.
我就自个儿
Okay.

Good. All right, guys.
好,好了,各位
Here’s how I see it.
先讲讲我的看法吧
All right, now, I know your marketing team
好吧,这会儿,我知道你们的市场团队
tells you that you sell togetherness,
告诉你们,你们卖♥♥的是亲如一家
family or staying connected or whatever,
合家团聚啊,什么保持联♥系♥啊什么玩意儿的
but let’s be honest:
但让我们透过现象看本质
you sell minutes, period.
你们卖♥♥的就是通话时间,没了
I mean, your market is minutes,
我的意思是,你们的市场规模就是按时间算的
so your biggest competitor isn’t other cell phone companies,
所以你们最大的竞争对手不是其他的手♥机♥公♥司♥
it’s home phones and office phones.
而是家庭固话和办公室固话
Those are free minutes. Those are wasted minutes.
全是免费时长,都浪费了
So how do we get those minutes back?
那么我们怎么把那些浪费的通话时间挣回来呢?
We reinvent the cell phone.
我们重铸了手♥机♥
We put a computer in it. We put the Internet in it.
我们在里面装了个电脑内核,我们把互联网连进去了
We make your cell phone so fucking useful
我们把你们卖♥♥的手♥机♥做的贼他妈好用
that you never have to come to the office again.
以至于你们再不用来办公室了
Does email, text messaging, however you want to communicate;
发邮件,发短♥信♥,你想怎么沟通就怎么沟通
total individualism all in one device —
在一台设备里实现绝对的个体主义
that fits in your fist.
而这设备你只需一手便能掌握
So, you can tell your marketing team
所以,你们可以告诉你们的销♥售♥团队
you’re not selling togetherness anymore.
你们再不卖♥♥亲如一家了
You’re selling self-reliance.
你们要卖♥♥的是自力更生
Uh…
呃……
You are not a tech guy, are you?
你可不是搞技术的,是吧?
I’m not a —
我可不——
The whole world…
全世界……
The whole fucking world
他妈♥个♥逼的全世界
is trying to do emails on a cell phone.
都想要个能收发电子邮件的手♥机♥
We had an entire division working on it for,
我们有一整个大分部在研究这玩意,研究了
I don’t know, eight months or so.
我也说不好,八个月左右了
You know how many phones they got to work at the same time?
你知道他们成功让多少台手♥机♥同时在网工作了么?
11.
十一台
I mean, it’s a network that’s built for pagers.
我是说,这个网当年是给传呼机做的
That’s all it can do.
他就够传呼机用
You’re in la la land on — [laughs] on this one, you know,
你对这事儿的看法属于是[笑]活在梦里了,你知道吧
you got — I think, you know, some nerds took you for a ride.
你让——我猜啊,就是,让一帮书呆子给你忽悠瘸了
Okay.
好吧
Mike? -What happened?
迈克? -咋的了?
-It won’t work. -What do you mean it won’t work?
-这玩意不行 -不行是啥意思啊?
-Mike? They tried it already. -How did you try this already?
-迈克,他们已经试过了 -你们咋试的啊?
Guys, I think the meeting’s over.
二位,我们散会了
Did you just put your devices directly on the network
你们是直接把设备联网
as though they were clients?
让它们都当客户端么?
-That’s right. -Yeah, right.
-是啊 -果然
So what did that get you? Like, ten phones working
那这么整能让你们几个设备并行啊?也就,十个手♥机♥
at the same time?
能同时用?
-Uh, yeah. -Yeah. Okay, here,
-啊,是啊 -得嘞,好,这个
just hold this a second. Okay, so here’s your issue.
帮我拿一下啊,好的,你们的问题在这儿
When — when you use a phone as a client, what’s it doing?
当——当你把一部手♥机♥作为客户端联网的时候,它在干啥?
It’s just sitting on your network constantly asking
它就在你们的网络上没完没了的问
the same question: Did I get an email?
同一个问题:我有邮件吗?
Did I get an email? Did I get an email?
我有邮件吗?我有邮件吗?
So it is forever pulling on your servers
这导致你的服务器被大量收件申请填充一直处于高负载
whether you got an email or not.
不管你收没收到邮件
We have a fix. Okay?
我们有个方案,好吧?
So we are going to build a giant computer
我们是建一个大号♥电脑
that will act as a sort of massive client
作为一个类似于刚说的巨型客户端
that is hardwired directly to the Internet
直连互联网
with our phone as server.
再把我们的手♥机♥作为服务器
Okay, so when a user gets an email,
好吧,那么当一个用户收到一封邮件
Waterloo pulls it in, packages it,
滑铁卢的客户端收件,打包
and then…
然后再……
sends it.
发给用户
We engage with your network
如果我们接入你们的网络
maybe a split second, like…
这套流程大概用个半秒……
like, less time than that.
差不多,比那还快
So how — how much — I’m sorry, how many —
那么多——多长——不好意思,多少——
A month’s worth of traffic would be less bandwidth
一个月的数据用量占的带宽不到
than a local phone call.
一个固话电♥话♥的量
So you could have half a million devices working simultaneously.
所以你的网络可以支持五十万台设备同时工作
-Can we see it? -Yeah. So it’s a prototype.
-我们能看看样品么? -可以,不过只是个原型机
So it’s a long way off from, um…
还需要很多才能做成,嗯……
Oh, it’s just a long, long way off —
唉,就还需要做很多才能——
the prototype.
总之就是原型机
Well, it’s definitely the world’s largest pager.
嚯,这肯定是全世界最大的哔哔机
No, it’s actually the world’s smallest email terminal.
不不不,这其实是全世界最小的电子邮件终端
Sorry.
不好意思啊
I see. This is a…
我明白了,这是个……
Oh, this — this —
喔,这个——这个——
Yeah. Oh.
这样,喔
So, try with your thumbs. Try typing with your thumbs.
那啥,用拇指试试,用拇指打字试试
Oh, yeah.
喔,对哈
What do you call it?
你们管这玩意叫啥?
It’s called a BlackBerry,
这就是黑莓
it sends and receives email messages.
它能收发电子邮件
It is also a cell phone.
它还是个手♥机♥
[Audience cheering]
[观众欢呼]
-♪ In may ways they’ll miss the good old days ♪
♪ Someday, someday ♪
♪ Yeah, it hurts to say but I want you to stay ♪
♪ Sometimes, sometimes ♪
♪ When we was young, oh, man, did we have fun ♪
♪ Always, always ♪
♪ Promises, they break before they’re made ♪
♪ Sometimes, sometimes ♪
Morning, Mr. Balsillie.
早,巴尔西里先生
-♪ I will do my best ♪
♪ You say you want to stand by my side ♪
[Stops engine]
[关闭发动机]
-Good morning, Mr. Balsillie. -Good morning, Mr. Balsillie.
-早上好,巴尔西里先生 -早上好,巴尔西里先生
Mike’s here before me?
迈克比我来得早?
He didn’t leave last night.
他昨天晚上没走
You are mentioned on page nine.
第九页上提到你了
Carl Yankowski from Palm Pilot keeps calling.
掌上电脑公♥司♥的卡尔·扬科夫斯基一直给你打电♥话♥
Yeah, well, tell him if he wants to talk to me,
行,好,告诉他要是想谈
he can come to Waterloo. -That’s what I said.
就来滑铁卢谈 -我就是这么说的
Ted Rogers wants to have lunch in the city. He booked Canoe.
泰德·罗杰斯约你去市里吃饭,他说他预定了皮划艇饭店的位置
-No, no, I’m not — I’m not going to fucking Toronto
-不不不,我不——除非有比赛看不然
unless there’s a game. Oh, and call Gary Bettman’s
我他妈才不去多伦多 噢,给加里·百特曼办公室打电♥话♥
office about those Leaf tickets.
问一下红叶季票的事儿
Fucker tried to stick me in the third row.
那傻♥逼♥居然需要给我安排在第三排
“Fucker, third row.” Got it.
“傻♥逼♥,第三排”记住了
All right, try 1♥1♥4♥ and 1♥1♥4♥.
好了,试试1♥1♥4♥.1♥1♥4♥
Okay. Go for 1♥1♥4♥.