…the young men and women who are being killed there.
-那是不必要的
-那真让人恶心
– It’s unnecessary. – That’s a disgrace.
-够了,不要再说了
-那真让人恶心
– That’s it. No more. – That’s a disgrace.
他们是为了保卫自♥由♥这样的崇高理想而献身…
They died in a just cause, for defending freedom…
…他们的血不会白流的
…and they will not have died in vain.
丽拉打电♥话♥跟我说她要从弗林特…
Lila had called to tell me she was coming down from Flint…
…来华盛顿特区开会
…to Washington, D. C. To attend a jobs conference.
有空的话,她说她要去…
On her break, she said she was going to go…
…看一看白宫
…and pay a visit to the White House.
布♥什♥杀了小孩.伊♥拉♥克♥的小孩
Bush killed children. Iraqi children.
-我的儿子,也死了
-他昨天在西班牙杀了我的家人
– My son, killed. – Killed my people in Spain, yesterday.
-诺言是会杀人的.包括你的孩子
-是的,我的儿子
– Lies kill people. Your children too. – Yes, my son.
他们现在在伊♥拉♥克♥已经无事可做了.
他们在杀害…
They have no business to do in Iraq now. They’re killing…
-…所有这些年轻的美国孩子
-是的
…all these young Americans. – Yes.
为了什么?为了石油.布♥什♥是恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
For what? For oil. Bush is a terrorist.
-不,他不是的.她是在演戏
-是,他是恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
– No, he isn’t. This is all staged. – Yes, he is.
-她是在演戏
-我的儿子
– This is all staged. – My son.
-他死在哪里的?
-你告诉我我儿子的死不是演戏!
– Where was he killed? – You tell me my son is not a stage.
-他在哪里死的?
-他死在卡巴拉
– Where was he killed? – He was killed in Karbala.
4月2日.那不是演戏.我的儿子死了
April 2nd. It’s not a stage. My son is dead.
那里也死了很多其他人的
There are a lot of other people too.
要怪就怪基地
Blame al Qaeda.
那个女人跟你嚷什么?
What did that woman yell at you?
说我应该去怪基地
That I’m supposed to blame the al Qaeda.
并不是基地决定派我儿子去伊♥拉♥克♥的
The al Qaeda didn’t make a decision to send my son to Iraq.
我们所面对的无知,那些普通人的无知
Ignorance that we deal with, with everyday people.
因为他们不了解真♥相♥
大家以为自己了解了…
Because they don’t know. People think they know…
…但他们并不了解
我曾觉得我了解,但事实也并非如此
…but you don’t know. I thought I knew, but I didn’t know.
我需要我的儿子
I need my son.
上帝啊,这比我想象中的还要艰难…
God, it’s tougher than I thought it was gonna be…
…来到这里
…to be here.
但这也让我感到释放了…
But it’s freeing also…
…因为我终于有了一个地方…
…because I finally have a place…
…可以把我所有的痛苦与怒火…
…to put all my pain and all my anger…
…通通释放在那里
…and to release it.
我想我厌倦了看到象丽拉 立普斯科受苦了
I guess I was tired of seeing people like Lila Lipscomb suffer.
尤其是当,在535个国会议员中…
Especially when, out of the 535 members of Congress…
…只有一个人把儿子送往伊♥拉♥克♥
…only one had an enlisted son in Iraq.
我让美国海军陆战队的亨德森下士…
I asked Corporal Henderson of the United States Marine Corps…
…跟我一起去国会山…
…to join me on Capitol Hill…
…去看看我们能说服多少国会议员…
…to see how many members of Congress we could convince…
…去把自己的儿子送往伊♥拉♥克♥参军
…to enlist their children to go to Iraq.
议员,我是迈克尔 摩尔
Congressman, I’m Michael Moore.
-嗨,迈克尔. 你好吗?
-好
– Hey, Michael. How are you doing? – Good.
-约翰 唐纳,田纳西州的
-很高兴认识您
– John Tanner, from Tennessee. – Very nice to meet you.
-你们在干什么?
-我是跟亨德森下士一起来的
– What y’all doing? – I’m here with Corporal Henderson.
-他是美国海军陆战队的
-下士,我参加过海军的
– United States Marine Corps. – Corporal, I was in the Navy.
-1968年到72年
-好
– 1968 to ’72. – Okay.
我们的基地有陆战队员把守
We had Marines guarding the base.
-你有孩子吗?
-有
– You have kids? – Yeah.
你看我们有没有可能送他们参军…
Is there any way we can get them to enlist…
…并且把他们送到伊♥拉♥克♥去帮忙?
…and go over there and help out with the effort?
-我有所有的宣传小册子
-其中有一个有两个孩子
– I’ve got all the brochures. – One of them has got two children.
看,没有多少议员有孩子在那边
See, there’s not many congressmen that have kids over there.
事实上,只有一个,你知道吗?
In fact, only one. You know.
所以我们只是想也许他们–
So we just thought maybe they…
-你们应该首先把孩子送过去
-对
– You guys should send your kids first. – That’s right.
-你觉得怎么样?
-我并非不同意
– What do you think about that? – I don’t disagree.
你同意?噢,好.那把这些册子拿去吧
You don’t? Oh, good. Well, take some brochures.
-至少拿一本陆战队的宣传册吧
-谢谢
– At least take a Marine brochure. – Thank you.
-帮我传一传
-好,嗯…
– Pass it around. – Yeah, well…
鼓励那些支持战争的同仁用孩子们给战争一些支持
Encourage the fellow members if they’re for the war to get behind it.
-把他们的自己孩子派去
-谢谢
– Send their own. – Thank you.
谢谢您,先生.非常感谢
Thank you, sir. Thank you very much.
议员?迈克尔 摩尔
Congressman? Michael Moore.
-你今天好吗?
-好
– How you doing today? – Good.
我正在尝试让国会的议员们送自己的孩子去参军…
I’m trying to get members of Congress to get their kids to enlist in the Army…
…然后去伊♥拉♥克♥参战
…and go over to Iraq.
议员
Congressman.
议员
Congressman.
卡萨议员?卡萨议员?
Congressman Castle? Congressman Castle?
议员.议员
Congressman. Congressman.
多利多议员
迈克尔 摩尔
Congressman Doolittle, Michael Moore.
我在想–
I was wondering if…
有没有可能…?
Is there any way to?
当然,没有任何一个国会议员…
Of course, not a single member of Congress…
…愿意为了伊♥拉♥克♥战争牺牲他们的孩子
…wanted to sacrifice their child for the war in Iraq.
而谁又能责怪他们呢?
And who could blame them?
有谁又会放弃自己的孩子?
Who would wanna give up their child?
你会吗?
Would you?
他会吗?
Would he?
我一直对于那些…
I’ve always been amazed that the very people…
…被迫生活在城市最差地段的人们感到惊讶…
…forced to live in the worst parts of town…
…他们上的是最差的学校,生活得最艰难…
…go to the worst schools and who have it the hardest…
…但他们总是第一个站出来来保卫
那令他们受苦受难的系统
…are always the first to step up to defend that very system.
他们去服役,所以我们就不必去
They serve so that we don’t have to.
他们愿意献出自己的生命,而
让我们获得自♥由♥
They offer to give up their lives so that we can be free.
他们给我们的礼物是非凡的
It is remarkable, their gift to us.
而他们所要求的回报…
And all they ask for in return…
…仅仅是我们不要故意去伤害他们…
…is that we never send them into harm’s way…
…除非逼不得已
…unless it’s absolutely necessary.
他们还会信任我们吗?
Will they ever trust us again?
他拥有使用过的武器
He had used weapons.
我们知道他们在哪里
We know where they are.
在提克里克,巴格达附近,东南西北都有
Around Tikrit, Baghdad and east, west, south and north.
伊♥拉♥克♥和911事件有着联♥系♥
There is a tie between Iraq and what happened on 9/11.
他们的挣扎只有在…
The struggle can only end…
…受到永久性毁灭之后才会停止
…with their complete and permanent destruction.
我们为了人类文明而发动战争
We wage a war to save civilization itself.
我们并不是为了战争而战争
We did not seek it.
但是我们将要努力战斗,而且我们将胜利
But we will fight it, and we will prevail.
乔治.奥威尔曾经写道…
George Orwell once wrote…
…问题不是在于战争本身是不是师出有名
…that, “It’s not a matter of whether the war is not real or if it is.
胜利是不可能的
Victory is not possible.
我们并不可能赢得战争,它只可能持续下去
The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous.
一个等级社会的存在…
A hierarchical society is only possible…
…是建立在贫困和无知的基础上的
…on the basis of poverty and ignorance.
这是过去的翻版…
This new version is the past…
…而且与过去所发生的事情毫无区别
…and no different past can ever have existed.
大体上说,发动的战争的目的…
In principle, the war effort is always planned…
…就是保证社会处于饥荒的边缘
…to keep society on the brink of starvation.
战争是统治集团发起的用于达到
自己的目的的工具
The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects.
而它的目的不是对欧亚大♥陆♥或者东亚的胜利…
And its object is not the victory over either Eurasia or East Asia…
…而是维持当今的社会结构.
…but to keep the very structure of society intact.”
田纳西州有句老话
There’s an old saying in T ennessee.
我是在德克萨斯听说的,也可能是在田纳西
I know it’s in T exas, probably in Tennessee.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!