我总是遵守所有的规则
I always obeyed all the rules
排好队
fell in line.
我从不酗酒 从不在派对上抢我丈夫的风头
I never drank too much, never overshadowed my husband at parties.
我一直是派对后的指定司机
I was always the designated driver.
每天吃五种不同的蔬菜和水果
Ate my five a day.
甚至在他们被称为“一天五种”之前
[注 英国政♥府♥宣传鼓励健康的口号♥]
Even before they were called “five a day.”
我总是 总是在电♥话♥响的时候接电♥话♥
And I always, always answer my phone when it rings.
你是我唯一的冒过的险
You’re the only adventure I’ve ever had.
唯一的自♥由♥ 以及
The only freedom, and…
我希望那是真的
I wanted it to be real.
我没想清楚
I wasn’t thinking about it properly.
我被一些狂热的欲望
I was mad with some fever
或其它东西弄得很疯狂
lust or whatever.
让我变得很不理智
It made me mad.
我从来没有 我从来没有
I never… I’ve never…
对不起 里奥
I’m sorry, Leo.
我真的
I’m so…
就没了吗 -嗯 没了
That’s it. -Mm. That’s it.
我只是想看看你 看你还好吗
I just wanted to see you, see you were alright.
告诉你 你为我做了什么
Tell you what you’ve done for me.
和你说谢谢你 说再见
To thank you and to say goodbye.
一切都还好吗 罗宾森老师
Everything OK here, Mrs Robinson?
是的 谢谢 我们准备走了
Yes, um, thank you. We’re just wrapping up here now.
罗宾逊老师以前在学校里教过我宗教教育
Mrs Robinson used to teach me RE at school.
哦 是吗
Oh, yeah?
谢谢你 贝基
Thank you, Becky.
是的 -她是个好老师吗
Yes. -Was she a good teacher?
她挺好的 就是有点紧张
She was alright. Bit uptight.
没有其他老师那么糟糕 -嗯哼
Not as bad as some of the others. -Uh-huh.
是啊 除了有一次
Yeah. Except for this one time…
谢谢你 贝基 你的发言很精彩
Thank you, Becky, for that glowing report.
她把我们所有的女孩都召集起来参加一个特别集♥会♥
She got all us girls together for a special assembly.
贝基 -别 别打断 继续说
Becky… -No, no, go on.
她说我们都是荡♥妇♥
And she told us we were all sluts.
我记得事情不是这样的 贝基
I don’t think that’s quite what happened, Becky.
是的 她说女孩应该看起来体面些
Yeah, she said girls should look respectable
否则我们会到处诱惑男人 让自己陷入麻烦
or we would go around tempting the men and get ourselves into trouble.
她说如果我们看起来像荡♥妇♥ 就会被当作荡♥妇♥对待
She said if we looked like sluts, we’d be treated like sluts.
主要是因为裙子的长度
Well, it was to do with the length of the skirts mostly
那时已经失控了
which had just got out of control by then.
说如果我们做头发花的时间用在学习上
Said if we spent as much time on our studies
我们都会过得更好
as we did on our hair, we’d all be a lot better off.
事实上 我 我依旧坚持这么认为 我依旧坚持这么认为
Well, actually, I do… I stand by that. I stand by that.
“空皮乌匹森斯”
[注 此处音译]
“Concupiscence”.
依旧忘不了这个
Always remember that, too.
她曾经总是让我们说这个词
She used to make us say…
她说她喜欢这个词的读音
Said she liked the sound of it.
我也是
I did too.
很高兴听你这么说 这是个好词
Well, I’m glad to hear it. It’s a good word.
这是什么意思 -“淫欲”
What does it mean? -“Lustful desire”.
这才像人话嘛
Oh. Well, well. Now you’re talking.
是的 圣奥古斯丁
Mm. Yes, St Augustine of Hippo
在他的原罪教义中创造了这个词
coined the term in his doctrine of original sin.
他相信这是世界上所有苦难和罪恶的基础
He believed that it underpins all the suffering and sins in the world.
贝基 能把账单给我们吗
So Becky, could we please have that bill?
好吧 我不认为我可以接受这种说法
Well, I don’t think I can go along with that
因为这对我来说根本没有任何“淫欲”
cos it doesn’t make any “Concupi-sense” to me at all.
我知道的最长的词
Longest word I know.
帐单 贝基
The bill, please, Becky!
这是作为一名教育工作者的遗产
My legacy. As an educator.
“淫欲”是个好词
“Concupiscence”. It is a good word.
对我来说 是个新词
It’s a new one on me.
我很高兴找到一个你不知道的词
Oh, well, I’m glad to have found one you didn’t know.
我希望是这样的
I was hoping I would.
我 我告诉了我弟弟
I… I told my brother.
关于我的工作
About what I do.
他说了什么
What did he say?
他听到我能够大声说出来 很惊讶
Well, he was surprised to hear me say it, out loud.
但他猜我是靠这个赚钱的
But he guessed I made money with something like this.
他说他已经知道了
He, um, he said he kind of already knew.
他从不相信石油钻塔的故事
And he never believed the oil rig stories.
他说妈妈从不谈论起我
He said Mum would never talk about me.
谈论她所看到的一切 关于所发生的一切
About what she saw. About what happened.

Mm.
我想我对我妈妈来说有点狂野了
Guess I was a bit wild for my mum.
对她来说有点难以接受
A lot for her to handle.
有一天晚上 我以为
There was this one night, back then when I thought…
她周末出去了
uh, she was gone out for the weekend.
但我错了
But I was wrong, um…
考试后我请了几个朋友来玩
I had some friends over to hang out after exams
我们放点音乐 喝点酒
we put on some music, drank some wine…
接下来我只知道 她和一个邻居撞见了我和我的朋友们
Next thing I know, she and a neighbour are walking in on me and my friends
我们的
and we’re all…
身体互相爱抚极尽缠绵 一切都在进行中
bodies wrapped up together, bit of everything going on.
互相探索
Um… exploring each other.
我永远不会忘记她的表情
And I’ll never forget her face.
充满了屈辱 太羞耻了
Just humiliated. So ashamed.
我们在之后的几个星期里试图修补关系 但是
We tried for weeks after to patch things up, but, um…
她的厌恶之情溢于言表
her disgust was just all over her.
我 不得不离开
I… had to leave.
她说很高兴我能离开
She, um, said she was glad I was going
她再也不会提起我的名字
and that she would never speak my name again.
从那时起
And from that point on
她告诉所有人她儿子就是在那天死的
she told everyone that that was the day her son had died.

Mm.
当然 当然时间是伟大的
Surely, surely, time’s a great…
治疗师吗 是的 -治疗师
Healer? Yeah. -…healer.
不 南希 她 她是认真的
No, Nancy, she… she meant it.
几年前我还在街上见过她
I even saw her a couple of years ago in the street.
她直接 从我身边走过
She just… she walked straight past me.
这也太无情了
Yeah, just cold.
你会对自己的儿子这么做吗
Would you do that to your own son?
因为他太平凡了 我可能注意不到他
Well, only because he’s so unremarkable I might not notice him.
我也许不该再这么说他了
I should probably stop saying things like that about him.
是啊 你是不应该
Yeah, you probably should.
不 他是个好孩子 我很幸运能拥有他
No, he’s a good boy and I’m very lucky to have him.
你妈妈错了
She was wrong, your mother.
你一点也不令人厌恶 也不令人失望
There is nothing disgusting or disappointing about you.
谢谢你 贝基
Thank you, Becky.
贝基 你能等一下吗
Becky, could you wait a moment?
贝基 我想向你道歉
Becky, I would like to apologise to you.
什么 -是的
What? -Yes.
我欠你一个道歉
I owe you an apology.
因为叫你荡♥妇♥ 那是不对的
For calling you a slut. That was wrong.
这不是我应该用在一群易受影响的少女
That was not a word or idea I should have used
身上的一个词或想法
with a group of impressionable teenage girls.
我当时以为我做的是对的
I thought I was doing the right thing at the time…
想要保护你们 但现在
trying to protect you, but now…
但现在 我
But now, I…
贝基
Becky…
我不是来买♥♥这个人的车的
I am not here to buy this man’s car.
好的
OK.
这是里奥·格兰德 他是个
This is Leo Grande and he is a…
我是个性工作者
I’m a sex worker.
是的 是的
Yes. Yes.
在过去的几周里
And we have been meeting
我们经常见面做♥爱♥
for sex regularly for the past few weeks.
没错 -没错 没错
That’s right. -That’s right, that’s right.
我强烈推荐他
And, um, I recommend him highly

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!