Child Protective Services.
孩童保护服务部
Where they take cases like this.
他们会处理类似这样的情况
Cases like this?
怎样的情况
Orphaned children.
孤儿
Messer.
梅瑟
No, no, no. I just don’t understand why we can’t see her tonight.
不不不 我不明白今晚为什么不能看她
No, ma’am, I don’t care about your protocol. This is–
不行 女士 我不管你们有什么规定 现在…
Yes, I will be here at this number. Yes.
行 我会用这个号♥码 是的
They won’t do anything, not till 8 a.m. tomorrow.
他们让我们明早八点后等通知
Okay, okay. I’m sure that she’s fine.
好的 她一定没事的
You know, why don’t we sleep here tonight?
我们今晚就待在这吧
That way we’re here if they call early. All right?
搞不好他们明早会提前通知 是吧
Okay. Why don’t you take the guest bedroom?
好 你就睡客房♥吧
Okay, you can take their room if you want.
好吧 你也可以睡他们的卧室
No, thank you. I’ll sleep over here.
不用了 我就在这睡
See you in the morning. Okay.
明早见 行
Thanks, Messer. Okay.
谢了 梅瑟 不用
Anyone call?
有谁打电♥话♥了吗
Just their lawyer.
只有他们的律师
He’s coming over now. He wants to talk to us.
他正赶过来 想跟我们谈谈
I’m sure this is a very difficult time for you, obviously.
显然现在对你们来说很不好受
Everyone at the firm, we will miss Peter very much.
事务所的所有人都很想念皮特
Now, you must have many questions.
现在你们肯定会有很多疑问
Well, Sophie. I think that’s who we’re both thinking of.
苏菲是我们现在最担心的
Yes. What will happen to her now?
是的 她现在该怎么办
Okay, well, I have already arranged for her transfer.
她我已经安排好了
The foster family she was with will bring her to CPS.
她所在的寄养家庭会带她去孩童保服所
They feel she’ll adjust best in her own environment…
他们觉得她在自己熟悉的环境生活会更好
…so first she needs to be picked up and brought here.
所以首先需要把她领回来
Okay, and who does that?
行 谁去领
I’m sorry, did Alison and Peter
不好意思 艾丽森和皮特有和你们说过
talk to you about their guardianship arrangements?
苏菲的监护安排吗
No. No.
没有 没有
Well, in preparing their will,
准备遗嘱的时候
we talked about who would take care of Sophie…
我们有讨论如果他们万一发生不测
…in the unlikely event that they should both die…
谁来照顾苏菲
…and they named you.
他们选择了你们
Both of you.
两个
I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
什么 什么
They picked us together?
他们选我们两个一起吗
I’m sure this isn’t exactly how you wanted to start a family.
这可能不是你们想组建家庭的方式
There’s been a misunderstanding. We are not married.
这一定有误会 我们没有结婚
No, no no. They tried to set us up on a blind date,
没有没有 他们曾试过安排我们相亲
and we never made it to the restaurant.
但我们甚至都没撑到一起去吃饭
I don’t even know if you’d call it a date. He was such a dick.
我都不知道那算不算个约会 他太混♥蛋♥了
I know this is overwhelming.
我知道现在你们很难接受
Okay, and believe me, I tried to advise them against it.
相信我 我也曾向他们建议不要这样
But there are options. You can say no.
但这是他们的选择 你们没得选择
Because this is a big deal. This is a child.
这事关重大 这是一个孩子
Big commitment.
是一份巨大的承诺
Oh, my God.
我的天啊
Oh, my God. Oh, my God.
我的老天
Sorry. Options.
不好意思 其他方案呢
You mentioned that there were some other options?
你提到有其他方案
Yes. We have Peter’s father.
有 还有皮特的父亲
Oh. Perfect. He’d be perfect, I think. There you go.
太好了 我觉得他非常适合 还有
And there’s a few cousins.
几个表兄妹
You know what, I’m sorry, can I stop you there? Cousins are always…
不好意思 我想打断一下 表兄妹也能
Yeah.
好的
What if one of us, on our own, by ourselves…
如果我们中的一个 自愿
…chose to honor Alison and Peter’s wishes on our own?
选择尊重艾丽森和皮特的遗愿会怎么样
Or both of us, hypothetically.
或我们两个 假设的话
They named you, so I just set up a court hearing…
他们指定了你们 所以我只需安排一个听证会
…to grant you temporary custody, and that’s it.
从法律上确立你们的临时监护权就行了
Now, the finances…
至于经济方面
…the estate will cover the mortgage, but that’s about it.
他们的存款能支付按揭 但仅此而已
They didn’t have much in the way of savings.
他们存款不多
They bought this house as an investment
这房♥子是艾丽森母亲去世后
after Alison’s mother passed away.
作为投资买♥♥的
But, you know, let’s not get ahead of ourselves, okay?
但我们先别管其他的好吗
Let’s just focus on Sophie.
先解决苏菲的问题
Yes. Right.
好 对
So I suggest the two of you
所以我建议你们两个
move in here in the interim, for Sophie.
暂时先搬过来住 为了苏菲
You want us to live together?
你想让我们两个住一起
Yeah. For Sophie, for now.
是的 暂时的 为了苏菲
Until you decide what you wanna do.
直到你们想出别的更好的办法
But it’s best.
但住这是最好的
Okay. Sign here, Ms. Berenson.
行了 在这签字 贝伦森小姐
And here, Mr. Messer.
这里 梅瑟先生
Thank you. Oh, there she is.
谢谢 她来了
Hi, sweet girl.
小宝贝
Oh, honey, it’s so good to see you.
宝宝 见到你真好
I know, I know.
好了 没事了
I know. Hey, look. Hey, look.
没事了 看 谁来了
You want Uncle Messer? Here. There’s Uncle Messer.
要梅瑟叔叔抱抱吗 这里 梅瑟叔叔在这里
Oh, God. Okay. We should get her home.
天啊 我们得带她回家
They definitely didn’t think this through.
他们绝对没想清楚
We need to establish a sleep schedule.
我们要约定一个起居时间表
It’s very important. What?
这很重要 什么
I guess.
我觉得
What did you say? I said they didn’t think this through.
你说什么 我说他们没搞清楚这件事
Did Peter say anything to you? Or Alison?
皮特有跟你说过什么吗 或艾丽森
’cause they didn’t tell me anything. Nope.
他们没跟我说过半句 没有
This is not the kind of thing you forget to mention.
这种事怎么会忘了先跟我们通个气
“Hey, Mess, you see that game where Kobe put the juke on that dude…
梅瑟 你看那场比赛了吗 科比用假动作晃过那家伙
…then hit the fadeaway jumper?
然后拦住了那个后仰跳投射手
Oh, and by the way, if I die, I’m gonna leave you with my kid.”
顺便说一句 如果我死了 我孩子留给你
It’s messed up. Alison was a planner.
太不靠谱了 艾丽森喜欢计划
We are part of a plan.
我们是计划的一部分
You wanna walk me through this plan?
你想跟我详细解释解释这个计划吗
Are we supposed to live in this house together?
我们要一起住在这吗
Share the place, both sleep-deprived?
合用这地方 都睡眠不足吗
Because I sounds like a compelling psych experiment.
我觉得这就像个强制性的精神实验
Assuming you and I can even afford to pay for this place.
而且还得我和你能负担起这地方
Dunn said the mortgage is covered.
唐恩说按揭不用愁
Well, what about the upkeep? Or the utilities or the taxes?
那保养维修费呢 水电费 税款呢
You have any idea what the nut on the place like this?
你知不知道这地方开销有多大
Peter was a junior partner at a law firm.
皮特是一家律师事务所的小股东
I don’t make this kind of cash.
我赚不了那么多
And what do you do? You bake scones for a living?
你呢 烤大麦饼为生吗
I run a successful business, my sir. I do pretty well actually.
先生 我自主创业 现在经营得很好
Yeah? Well, running a baby is not like running a bakery.
是吗 带孩子不像开面包店
I didn’t say it was.
我没那么说
They’re a mess. They pee on things.
他们会搞得乱七八糟 到处撒尿
They bite. They’re basically dogs.
咬东西 他们其实就是狗
Except at least a dog knows not to lick the electrical sockets.
而且狗还不会去舔电源插孔
She’s up. She’s up.
她醒了 她醒了
Okay, honey. Hey. Hi. Hey. Hey, look at the sleepyhead.
宝贝 嘿 看哪个小懒虫醒了
Hi, honey. Here we go.
你好宝贝 来了
Hey, come here.
来抱抱
No, no, don’t pick her up. Why?
不 先别抱 为什么
Because she needs to learn how to self-soothe.
她得学着自我安抚
She needs to what? Selfsoothe. Soothe herself.
学什么 自我安抚 自己安抚自己
I just read it, Messer. It’s important.
我刚看的 梅瑟 这很重要
Let’s just give it a minute.
给她点时间
Everything’s okay. Happy, happy girl.
一切都很好 快乐的小女孩
You know what? Let’s just sing a song. We’ll sing a song.
这样 我们来唱歌♥ 唱歌♥
The wheels on the bus go round and round
巴士的车轮转啊转
Round and round Round and round
转啊转 转啊转

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!