En anglais.
她现在在手术室
Oh, she’s in the operating room now.
每个人都在尽全力
Everyone is doing his best.
你怎么看
So what do you think?
她会没事吗
Is she going to be all right?
现在不好说 吉凶未卜
At this moment, it’s touch-and-go.
吉凶未卜
Touch-and-go?
你可以在这里等候 如果你希望
You… You can wait there, if you want.
-吉凶未卜吗 -你给她做手术吗
– Touch-and-go. – You’re in surgery with her?
是的
Yeah, I know.
别担心
Now, don’t worry.
这里的医护人员都很优秀
They have an excellent staff here.
她是个了不起的女性
You know, she’s an incredible woman.
是她养育了我
She practically raised me.
她这一生经历了很多
She’s been through a lot in her life.
坐 我给你倒点茶
Sit down. Let me get you some tea.
我喝不下茶
No, I’m too shaken up for tea.
威士忌怎么样
Well, perhaps I can scare up a whiskey?
好的
Better idea.
她这个年纪就不应该再开车了
You know, she shouldn’t be allowed to drive at her age.
现在就看医生们的了
Well, it’s in the hands of the doctors now.
我知道你感觉无助
I know how helpless one feels,
但现在你能做的只有保持冷静和祈祷
but all you can do is just keep calm and pray.
是的
Yes.
祈祷的力量
The power of prayer.
我总是嘲笑祈祷的人
Always ridiculed it.
我也是
Oh, as have I.
但有人坚信不疑
And yet, some people swear by it.
我知道这听起来很蠢
You know, I know this sounds crass,
特别是从我口中说出
particularly coming from me,
一个学科学的人
a man of science, but…
但是如果最坏的情况出现
If the worst happens,
至少你可以通过苏菲
at least through Sophie,
和她的精神联♥系♥上
you’ll be able to contact her spirit.
是的
Yes.
是的 令人心安 不是吗
Yes, that’s comforting, isn’t it?
是的
Yes.
我从未想过自己会这么说 但是的
I never thought I’d say it, but yes.
你振作一点
Well, you buck up,
我去找威士忌
and I will find that whiskey.
不知您是否能听见
I don’t know if you can hear me
我并不是一个带着信仰生活的人
and I haven’t always led an exemplary life. I’ve…
我不仅仅是怀疑者
I’ve not only been a skeptic,
不信者 比那更恶劣
a non-believer, but been much worse…
我轻视
A man with contempt for,
那些愿意去相信的人们
for people who give themselves over to the idea that,
他们相信天上有一位爱众人的父
that there’s some kind of benevolent father figure up there.
我总说他们幼稚
I’ve always said it was childish,
想当然 头脑原始
wishful thinking, strictly for primitives,
所有这些愿望
all these, all these hopes about
追求人生的目的
a purpose for life,
人生的意义
a larger meaning.
期望我们所受的苦
That all our suffering will somehow accrue to some
有其意义
greater plan.
但如果我日前所见为实
But if what I see of late is real
那么 我并不知道所有的答案
then I don’t have all the answers.
那么很有可能
It’s possible,
甚至符合逻辑
even logical, that
认为我们的存在是出于造物主的意愿
we are here by design,
为某种更高的理想服务
to serve some higher ideal.
并且 您
And that you
有可能确实存在
could be real.
虽然我没有任何权利期待任何事
And although I have no right to expect anything,
但我的姑姑
my aunt,
我挚爱的亲人
whom I love,
现在正处于生死之危中
is in mortal danger.
所以 我祈求您
And so, I ask you…
我祈求您
l ask you…
等一下
Wait a minute.
这是我听过的
This is the stupidest
最愚蠢的一堆胡话
load of twaddle I have ever heard.
我的常识告诉我
My common sense tells me,
我正在掉进甜言蜜语的
I’m falling into a seductive morass
诱人泥沼
of sugarcoated claptrap
只因为我希望我的阿姨没有事
because I want my aunt to be all right.
那个姑娘
That girl
是假冒的
is a fake.
我告诉过你这里的医生可以妙手回春
I told you the surgeons were wonderful.
我不用陪着吗
Should I not stay?
这里没有你能做的事
Well, there’s nothing for you to do here.
她睡得很舒服
She’s sleeping comfortably.
对药物的反应也很好
She responded well to the drugs.
手术很顺利
The surgery went beautifully.
她没有危险了
She’s out of danger.
你走了以后 我开始为她祈祷
You know, after you left, I began to pray for her.
真的吗
Really?
然后我意识到这整件事不过是一场闹剧
Then I rejected the entire notion as pure poppycock.
这也包括苏菲·贝壳小姐
And that includes Miss Sophie Baker.
是吗
Is that right?
如果苏菲是骗子
Well, if Sophie is a fraud,
她是怎么做到的
then how does she do what she does?
斯坦利
on, Stanley!
-我们都很担心 -担心极了
– Oh, we were all so worried. – So worried!
我能想象我们有多担心你的瓦妮莎姑姑吗
You can imagine how anxious we were about your Aunt Vanessa.
是啊
Yes!
感谢上帝
Thank God!
夫人我向你保证
Madam, I can assure you,
上帝与此无关
God had nothing to do with it.
她遇到了好医生
She had good doctors.
我们都紧张极了 斯坦利
Yeah, we have all been on tenterhooks, Stanley.
苏菲不能预见下结果
Well, couldn’t Sophie have predicted the outcome
好让你们都放心吗
and put all your minds at ease?
我 我都不知道
Me? I didn’t even know.
媒体不肯放我走
I was so mobbed by all the press, I…
如果我知道
If I had known,
我肯定会跟你一起去医院的
I would have gone with you to the hospital.
都结束了
Well, it’s all over.
结果好一切都好
And, “All’s well that ends well.”
这次不是狄更斯
That’s not Dickens.
是莎士比亚
既然一切都好
Well, now that everything’s ended well,
我们去花♥园♥吧
shall we repair to the garden?
-布莱斯 贝克夫人 -好主意
– Brice? Mrs. Baker? – Me? Great idea.
我迫不及待想谈谈基金会的细节
I’m so excited about the further details of the foundation.
我想谈谈
I want to talk over…
事实上 有一些金融上的细节
Actually, there are a few financial details…
妈妈 我就留在这
Mother, I’m just gonna stay here.
顺便 谢谢你
And thank you, by the way.
我很想谈谈细节
And I really want to go into some detail
关于
about how much…
斯坦利 我无法想象你的心里都经历了什么
Stanley, I can’t imagine what has been going through your mind.
瓦妮莎阿姨是那么一位好女人
I mean, Aunt Vanessa’s such a dear woman.
当挚爱的亲人在手术刀下
Yes, well, a man in a hospital waiting room
一个人在医院等候室里
while a loved one is under the knife
确实有很多头脑发热的想法
has many feverish thoughts.
我想如果我祈祷
I imagined that if I prayed
也许能灵验
my prayers might be heard.
你想要祈祷吗
You thought of praying?
我从没想过我会听到这些话
I never imagined I would hear those words.
而我的王牌 可以这么说
And my ace in the hole, so to speak, was that…
就是 即使最坏的事发生了
Even if the worst had

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!