我要去拜访瓦妮莎姑姑
I’m going to go and visit my Aunt Vanessa
她一康复 我就离开
until she’s on her feet, and then good-bye.
你不能原谅我吗
And you won’t forgive me?
我做不到
Well, I can’t forgive you.
只有上帝能原谅你
Only God can forgive you.
但是你说上帝不存在
But you said there is no God.
正是这个意思
Precisely my point.
情人依赖月光产生爱意
Lovers depend on moonlight for a love affair
婴儿依赖母亲的温柔照顾
Babies depend on mothers for their tender care
花朵依赖阳光和晨露
Flowers depend on sunshine and the morning dew
每一件事物都依赖着另一件事物
Each thing depends on something
而我依赖着你
And I depend on you
我可以开心 可以哀伤
I can be happy, I can be sad
可以好 可以坏
I can be good, I can be bad
一切都依赖你的决定
It all depends on you
我可以在人群中依然孤单
I can be lonely out in a crowd
我可以谦卑
I can be humble
回到家真好
Oh, it’s good to be home.
比以往更有活力了 要我说
More robust than ever, I’ll wager.
杀不死你的让你更强壮
“What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.”
一个伟人那么说过
A great man said that.
不是那个说上帝已死的家伙吧
Oh, not the “God is dead” Fellow.
正是
The very same.
无论如何 我认为他错了
Nevertheless, I think he was wrong.
杀不死我们的通常会把我们折腾得半死
What doesn’t kill us often knocks the hell out of us.
悬崖勒马使人清醒
Well, sometimes a close call wakes a person up.
度蜜月的计划我又有一个主意
I’ve had another idea for our honeymoon.
如果 在希腊群岛游玩之后
What if, after the Greek Islands,
我们向南太平洋进发
we set sail for the South Seas.
我一直想去波拉波拉岛
I’ve always wanted to visit Bora Bora.
你有兴趣吗
Would that interest you?
我从没听过那里
I’ve never… I’ve never heard of it,
但是名字听起来很有异域风情
but the name sounds pretty exotic.
异域风情
Exotic?
我喜欢你总是能挑出最合适的词
I love how you pick always the exact right word.
当然 奥利维亚
Yes, of course, Olivia.
我过两天就回家
I’ll be home in a few days.
但是我需要先确认瓦妮莎姑姑没事才行
I just have to see that Aunt Vanessa is up and running,
还要再召开一两场记者招待会
and, uh, I have one or two press interviews I have to do.
有些事情需要澄清
Some things need to be smoothed over.
我需要借助你的手腕
This is where I could use your tact.
当然 当然
Yes, of course. Yes.
再见 亲爱的
Bye, darling.
我打赌你很高兴能回伦敦
I bet you’ll be glad to get back to London
忘记这一切
and put all this behind you.
你也许会喜欢加拉帕戈斯群岛
You might enjoy the Galapagos.
字面意为大龟群岛
你那么崇拜达尔文
You’re a great admirer of Darwin’s.
大龟群岛 也许吧
Big turtles. Yes, I suppose so.
你肯定也想奥利维亚了
And of course, you must miss Olivia.
那么优秀的女人 从照片就能看出来
A very fine woman. I can tell that from her photographs.
优雅有品位
Such elegance and style.
对你这样的男人来说完美
Absolutely perfect for a man of your taste.
是 没有疑问
Well, yes, it’s… There’s no question.
我们是理想的伴侣
We’re ideally suited.
你需要一个受过良好教育的女人
A very… And you need a well-educated woman
才能跟上你的脚步
to keep up with you.
而且她看起来也很美
And she’s quite attractive, to boot.
没错 很容易就能想象
Yes, yes, it’s very easy to see us
我和她并肩度过人生旅程
side by side through life’s journey.
金童玉女
A very handsome couple indeed.
没有错 我们是理想的伴侣
Yes, there’s no question. We’re ideally suited.
正如你所说的
As you would say.
是个理性之选
A quite rational choice.
其实 并不完全理智
I mean, it’s not entirely cerebral.
我是爱她
I mean, I do love her.
你想暗示什么
What are you suggesting?
-暗示? -你奇怪的语气
– Suggesting? – In the nuance of your tone?
我当然爱她
Of course I love her.
你是说
Or are you saying
你觉得我爱上苏菲·贝壳了吗
you think I’ve come to love Sophie Baker?
我? 我可没提苏菲
Me? I never mentioned Sophie.
我看你就是这个意思
Well, I thought you were heading there.
苏菲·贝壳
Sophie Baker?
耍你的那个小骗子吗
The little fake who played you for a dupe?
没错 正是那个家伙
Exactly. That wretch.
我为什么会暗示你爱上了苏菲
Why would I suggest you’ve fallen in love with Sophie?
你就是可能会这样
Well, you might.
我又不知道
I never know what goes on
你有什么奇思怪想
in that devious mind of yours.
你要是和那个徒有虚名的美国灵媒在一起
The very idea of you and that specious American telepathic.
我知道 太不明智了
Well, I know it defies all reason.
你是个理性之人 理智之人
You, a creature of reason. A man of intellect.
的确
To be sure.
又不是泛泛之辈
Certainly not trivial.
起码不是
No, to say the least.
而她和奥利维亚可没法比
And she’s hardly in the same class as Olivia.
不可同日而语
The comparison makes me laugh.
奥利维亚才华横溢 魅力四射
Olivia is a person of accomplishment and charm.
苏菲只是个街头骗子
Sophie’s a street finagler
靠一个又一个骗人的伎俩过活
who makes her way living off one bit of hokum to the next.
这两个人怎么能相提并论呢
Well, I don’t see how you can compare the two.
那就别给我灌输这样的想法
Well, don’t put ideas into my head!
我才没有
Well, far be it from me.
不过 她的确身世惨淡
Of course, she does come from dire circumstances.
我是说 我们很容易
I mean, it’s very easy to be judgmental
对身世不如自己的人
about people who are born into circumstances
评头论足
less fortunate than one’s own.
生活是残酷的
Life is harsh.
人们为了生存不惜一切手段
One must do what one must to survive.
说得好
Well put.
人们有时会抉择错误
And people do sometimes make the wrong choices,
而感到后悔
which they regret,
尽管没有造成严重后果
even though no serious harm was done.
孰能无错呢
Which of us has not made some blunders in life?
纵使所做所为令人生厌
And there is a rather appealing quality about Sophie.
苏菲还是有相当大的魅力
Despite her disgusting behavior.
是的 她的笑容真让人着迷
Yes, her smile is rather winning.
当然 这取决于
Of course, it depends how much value
你有多重视外表
you put on the purely physical.
不 我
Well, no, I…
我是个尊重美德的人
I, for one, esteem the higher virtues.
心灵美
Beauty of the soul.
不过 她的眼睛的确美极了
Although her eyes are rather pleasant to look into.
而且有些时候 她也很幽默
And that she can be amusing, under the right circumstances.
但奥利维亚是个受过教育的
Oh, but Olivia is an educated,
有修养的女人
cultivated woman.
更适合你这种艺术家
One that befits a man of your artistic genius.
对 我的艺术天赋也要考虑进来
Yes, now, my genius must be factored in.
理论上 没有理由
On paper, there’s really no reason
选苏菲而不选奥利维亚
to prefer Sophie to Olivia.
我认为刚好相反
Well, I would say the opposite.
所以你建议我
And so your suggestion that I,
像奥利维亚坦白
I be honest with Olivia
告诉她 尽管看起来不理性
and tell her that irrational as it seems,
我还是爱上了苏菲
I’ve fallen in love with Sophie,
这太荒唐了
that’s a preposterous notion.
简直是疯了
It’s lunacy.
但我情不自禁地…
Yet I can’t help feeling that…
爱上了苏菲
That you love Sophie.
是的 我知道

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!