你对我做了什么
?You do something to me?
让我困惑不已
?Something that simply mystifies me?
告诉我 为什么
?Tell me, why should it be?
你竟能将我催眠了去
?You have the power to hypnotize me?
让我在你的符咒下喘息
?Let me live ‘neath your spell?
你的巫术是那么神奇
?Do do that voodoo that you do so well?
你对我做了什么
?’Cause you do something to me?
旁人永远无法企及
?That nobody else could do?
柏林 1928年
柏林剧院
柏林剧院
苏魏灵
苏魏灵
东方
魔术
好 好
Bravo! Bravo!
我搞不明白 那个指挥是傻子吗
I don’t understand. Is the conductor a blithering idiot?
那个节拍我们已经练过六遍了
We went over the tempo six times!
应该是缓慢的 不是这种赛马曲的节奏
It’s adagio, adagio, adagio. It’s not racehorse tempo!
克劳福德先生 对不起
Ja, ja, Herr Crawford. I’m sorry, I’m sorry.
什么 我不需要你的道歉
What? Don’t be sorry!
你给我把曲子弄对就行 道歉有什么用
Get it right. What good are apologies
好好的诗意都被你搅没了
when the poetry of the moment is lost?
还有你 在箱子里准备好以后
And you! You’re supposed to knock
你应该敲敲箱子示意我
when you’re ready in the trunk.
不然我怎么知道你准备好了没有
How do I know when you’re all clear?
抱歉 克劳福德先生 在里面喘不过气
Well, I’m sorry, Mr. Crawford, I couldn’t breathe in that…
我又不是雇你来喘气的
Well, you’re not hired to breathe!
这是她第一次登台 克劳福德先生
But it was her first time, Mr. Crawford.
我们整个下午都在排练这个
My God, we went over this routine all afternoon.
不然我怎么知道什么时候拔剑
How do I know when to begin sticking in the swords?
我可能会杀死你
I could have stabbed you to death,
到时候就直接血溅当场了
and then, I get blood on my ensemble.
苏魏灵先生 您的表演总是那么精彩
Oh, Mr. Wei Ling Soo! You were, as always, brilliant!
我已经把戏服脱了
Oh, I’ve already taken off my robe.
我和妻子可以和您合个影吗
Can my wife and I take a photo of you?
您能给我一张签名吗
An autograph, please?
要签名的人都是脑残
Autographs are for mental defectives.
我只是想证明我见过您
But I want to prove I met you.
你不介意的话 我宁愿你证明不了
Well, if you don’t mind, I’d rather that proof didn’t exist.
你要是被抓到爆菊怎么办
What if you get picked up for sodomy?
什么事
Yes!
斯坦利
Stanley?
博甘
Burkan!
你最近好吗 霍华德
How are you, Howard?
好极了 你还是那个全世界最厉害的魔术师
Brilliant. You are still the best in the world.
这和那群山顶洞人可没关系
No thanks to the assorted Neanderthals I have to deal with.
你一点儿都没变
Oh, you haven’t changed.
你还是那个完美主义者 势利眼和天才
You’re still a perfectionist, a snob, a genius,
像伤寒病一样流行
with all the charm of a typhus epidemic.
身边有那么多诋毁我的人 我能有什么办法
Well, can I help it if I’m surrounded by assassins?
最起码你把我们都迷住了
Nonetheless, you held us spellbound.
最后那个从石棺里变到椅子上的表演
And that last effect, from the sarcophagus into the empty chair,
当你把椅子转过来的时候
when you swivel around…
我也做过大变活人的把戏
I mean, I do a vanish-and-reappearance trick in my show
我让我的助理钻进扁皮箱里
where I transport my pretty assistant
把她从舞台的一边
From one side of the stage to the other
变到了另一边去
in a steamer trunk,
可这比起你的差远了
but it is nothing compared to what you do.
这个节目是我自己想出来的
I invented that effect myself.
如果你够聪明的话
And if you’re very good,
我们有时间的时候 我可以把它教给你
when we have more time, I’ll teach you all the moves.
其实真的很简单 你在任何地方都可以表演
It’s actually… It’s very simple. You can do it anywhere.
真是个了不起的把戏
It’s a spectacular trick.
见到你真高兴 我们有多久没见了
It’s so good to see you. How long has it been?
至少有一年了 你的巡回演出还顺利吧
It’s a year, at least. And the tour’s going well?
非常顺利 这周就结束了
Yes, it’s going quite well. It concludes this week.
慕尼黑的表演很成功 巴塞罗那也很喜欢我
Munich was good. Barcelona adored me.
你绝对想不到谁去看我在苏黎世的表演了
And you’ll never guess who came to see the show in Zurich.
-伊内德·帕克斯顿 -伊内德·帕克斯顿?
– Enid Paxton. – Enid Paxton?
第三组的那个小姑娘
Little thing in third form,
咱们俩决定做魔术师的时候
we both used her as an assistant
都用她做过助手
when we decided to become magicians.
你把她锯成两断 我砍掉了她的脑袋
You sawed her in half, and I cut her head off.
她天生就适合变戏法
Well, she was a game girl.
-她现在还好吗 -她很好
– Uh, how is she? – Oh, she’s fine.
你完全看不出她受过什么伤害
You don’t really notice any of the scars.
当然了 她现在比我的大象还要胖呢
Of course, she’s fatter than my elephant.
什么 你是说那个卷发的小伊内德吗
What? Pretty little Enid with the curls?
岁月无情 霍华德
Well, the years can be cruel, Howard.
有人说”人生本就卑贱 残酷且短暂”
“Life is nasty, brutish and short,” As the man said.
是霍布斯说的吗 没错 我想是他
Was it Hobbes? Yes, I believe it was Hobbes.
英国哲学家托马斯·霍布斯
我倒是很欣赏霍布斯
I’d have got on rather well with Hobbes.
我们去喝一杯吧
Shall we go for a drink?
好主意 博甘 咱们好好聊聊
Brilliant notion, Burkan. We can catch up.
斯坦利 我想请你帮个忙
Stanley, I need your help.
事情有点复杂了
Ah, the plot thickens.
我请你去喝杯苏格兰威士忌
I’ll buy you a scotch.
卡特莱奇家族都是些很不错的人
The Catledge family are wonderful people.
卡洛琳·卡特莱奇是我的老朋友
Caroline Catledge is an old friend of mine.
他们是匹兹堡非常富裕的家族
They’re a wealthy Pittsburgh family.
父亲生前做煤炭生意 留下了数百万的财富
Father made millions in coal before he died.
他们都是上流社会的人 拥有多处房♥产
They’re socialites with several houses,
其中有一处在法国南部
one in the south of France.
事情是这样的 现在有一个年轻女人
Now, the thing is, there’s a young woman staying with them,
和他们在一起 还号♥称自己是个灵媒
who has them believing that she’s a spirit medium.
天哪 不会又是个骗子吧
Oh, Lord, not another fake psychic.
那些人简直就像瘟疫
What a pestilence they are.
他们相信了她那些所谓的预言
They’re taken with her predictions of the future.
-她能说出他们想听到的事 -丝毫不差
– Telling them what they want to hear. – Precisely.
她还为这些预言开口要钱了
Hmm, and charging them for all the good news she brings.
没错 而且那女人年轻又漂亮
Exactly right. And, of course, she’s a pretty young thing.
当然了 骗子总是长了一张漂亮标志的脸
Well, of course. A pretty face never hurt a cheap swindler.
布莱斯·卡特莱奇 卡洛琳的弟弟
Brice Catledge, Caroline’s brother,
家族财产的继承人
the heir to the family fortune,
竟然爱上了这个女人
fancies himself in love with her.
我也不知道我最讨厌哪种人
You know, I don’t know who I loathe more,
可那些靠着小把戏骗人的骗子
those who use simple tricks to prey on the gullible,
还有那些轻易受骗的傻子都是自作自受
or the gullible, who are so stupid, they deserve what they get.
布莱斯·卡特莱奇的姐姐卡洛琳
Brice Catledge’s sister Caroline
嫁给了一位医生 一位心理医生
is married to a doctor, a psychoanalyst,
他坚持认为这个女人所谓的通灵
and he insisted on this woman doing her seances,
是在两个大名鼎鼎科学家面前装神弄鬼
in the presence of two renowned scientists.
什么鬼话
Oh, rubbish.
他难道不知道科学家才是最容易上当受骗的吗
Doesn’t he know that scientists are among the easiest to fool?
事情就是这样 我很惭愧
Well, this is the thing, I’m embarrassed to say,
我观察了这个女人的一切
that I watched this woman work from every angle, time and again,
始终没有找到任何破绽
and I couldn’t find anything amiss.
我观察了她的一举一动 天知道
I mean, I watched every move, and Lord knows,
我知道很多关于读心术和通灵的把戏
I know pretty much every mind-reading and seance trick there is,
可是我依然没有找到
but I couldn’t find a flaw or spot
任何可疑的地方
a single suspicious move and…
我甚至开始怀疑自己的判断
I began to doubt my own clear thinking.
我有时候甚至会想”也许她真的能通灵呢”
You know, I thought, “Maybe, she’s the real thing.”
根本没有这种事 霍华德 都是假的
There is no real thing, Howard! It’s all phony!
从通灵仪式到罗马教廷
From the seance table, to the Vatican and beyond!
我不敢相信你竟然会说出这些话
I can’t believe you’re saying this.
我很担心这一家人
I’m very worried for the family.
你能去见见那个女人观察一下她吗
If you could come and observe her in action?
毕竟你是这世界上最能揭穿
After all, you are the greatest debunker
这些骗子把戏的人了
of fake spiritualists in the world.
没有人能逃过你的法眼
There’s not a single one who’s got past you.
我和奥利维亚正准备去
Olivia and I were all set to take a holiday,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!