Yes, I understand.
你感到迷惑不解
You’re puzzled and bewildered
因为按照你愚蠢的逻辑
because your foolish logic
你应该爱奥利维亚
tells you that you should love Olivia.
愚蠢的逻辑
Foolish logic?
然而 和苏菲的笑容相比
And yet, how little that logic means
那逻辑多么微不足道
when placed next to Sophie’s smile.
你是什么意思
What are you saying?
无论这世界是不是有意
That the world may or may not be without purpose,
它都不是完全不存在魔法的
but it’s not totally without some kind of magic.
我确实对苏菲·贝壳有不理智的感情
I have irrational positive feelings for Sophie Baker.
就像目睹了一场我拆不♥穿♥的骗局
It’s like witnessing a trick I can’t figure out.
我才不会去拆穿 这么说吧
I wouldn’t try to figure it out. I’d simply move on it.
据说 她已经接受了布莱斯·卡特莱奇的求婚
Word is, she’s already accepted Brice Catledge’s proposal.
开始读名著了吗
Taken to reading the great books?
是的
Yes.
你说过不要灰心
Well, you once said not to despair.
我的头脑还有救
There’s hope for my brain.
我之前也许有些刻薄
Perhaps I was a bit caustic.
但你得承认
But you will admit you were guilty
你的一些行为并不光彩
of some rather sleazy doings.
是的 以后不会了
Yes, well, those days are over.
我再也不用担心
I no longer have to worry about
会挨饿受冻了
where to sleep and how to eat.
听说布莱斯·卡特莱奇已经求婚了
I take it Brice Catledge has made a serious marriage proposal?
是的
Yes.
很诱人
A very tempting one.
你不觉得吗
Wouldn’t you agree?
是的 我也觉得
Yes, I suppose so.
但我提出的更诱人
But I’m here to make you a more tempting one.
比这个更诱人吗
More tempting than this?
我是来说
I came to say
出于令人费解的原因
that for some inexplicable reason
尽管有违常识 出乎人类理解力
that defies common sense and human understanding,
我 最近
that I have, of late,
对你的笑容
experienced some small…
产生了一点 一点点
Quite small, but discernible
但却察觉得到的心动
inner stirrings regarding your smile.
你可真宽宏大量
How magnanimous of you.
是的 我知道你会这么想
Yes, I thought you’d think so.
我像所有的伟人一样
And possessing a soul which is large
气量不凡 胸怀宽广
and capable of complexity, as all great minds are,
决定原谅你
I have decided to forgive you
并将你护入羽下
and take you under my wing.
羽下?
Your wing?
只是个说法 显然我没有翅膀
It’s a saying. Obviously, I don’t have wings.
我的意思是
I only mean that,
尽管听起来不可思议
incredible as it sounds,
而且这并不是件小事
and this is no small gesture, given the time wasted
鉴于你浪费我时间 又使我当众出丑
and the public embarrassment you’ve caused me,
我还是
that I’m
愿意接纳你
willing to take you back.
接纳我到哪
Take me back where?
天文台的月光下
Under the moon in the observatory.
我对所作所为感到后悔
I regretted what I was doing,
但已无法改变
but I was too inept to change course,
我很抱歉
and I apologize.
真的
Really.
我也接受你的原谅
And I accept your forgiveness.
我知道你很有气度
I understand that it’s very generous of you,
我得走了
and I have to be going.
走? 我还没说我来的目的呢
Going? I haven’t said what I came for.
那就快说 说完快走
Well, then just say it and go,
我还得和未婚夫共进晚餐
because I have a dinner to go to with my fiance.
我想说
I’m here to say
尽管发生了这么多事
that in spite of everything,
我还是愿意娶你为妻
I am willing to consider marrying you.
-什么 -当然
– What? – Naturally,
你不敢相信自己多么的幸运
you can’t believe your good fortune.
我欣赏你这一点
I appreciate that.
斯坦利 尽管你的纸牌玩得出神入化
Stanley, brilliant as you are with a deck of cards,
求婚可真烂
you are terrible at proposing.
我从未求过婚
I’ve never proposed before.
真的吗
Oh, really?
对你未婚妻也没求吗
Not even to your fiance?
是她提议结婚的
She proposed marriage.
实际上 我从未有冲动要求婚
The truth is I’ve never really felt the urge to propose before.
你好好想想
Use your head!
我们可不是天作之合
We’re not a match made in heaven,
而且你以前总说
and as you’ve said before many times,
随心所欲 会引致悲剧
when the heart rules the head, disaster follows.
但事实是
But the fact is
我爱你
I love you.
而且 在你那颗困惑的
And somewhere in your confused,
坏透的 小罪犯的心里
black, little criminal’s heart,
你在乎我
you care for me.
我要嫁给布莱斯·卡特莱奇
I’m marrying Brice Catledge.
你建议我这么做的
You advised me to.
可你从未接受过我的建议
You must never take my advice.
我是个极其古怪的人
I’m a major eccentric.
布莱斯爱慕我
You know, Brice adores me,
能让我一辈子四处旅行
and he offers me a life of travel
给我惊喜 过上阔绰的生活
and excitement and high living.
不 不
No, no,
他是崇拜你 但你想被崇拜的
he worships you, and you don’t want to be worshiped.
你会无聊的
You’ll be bored.
航行去希腊群岛
Oh. Sailing to the Greek Islands?
去博拉博拉岛吗
And Bora Bora?
那只是大海中的几块石头
Well, they’re just, they’re just rocks in the ocean!
重要的是谁陪你去
It’s who you go with!
你想和那个弹四弦琴对你唱歌♥的人
Do you want to spend the rest of your life with a man
过一辈子吗
who plays the ukulele and croons to you?
你知道我很喜欢你 斯坦利
You know I like you very much, Stanley.
我甚至爱上了你
I even began falling in love with you.
但你却告诉我这不理性
But when you went on to show me how irrational it was,
然后还用几何逻辑
and then you proved it
向我证明多么不理性
with geometrical logic.
不 几何向来不是我的强项
No. Geometry was never my strong subject.
说到底 你能给我什么呢
After all, what can you offer me?
暴脾气
Grumpy moods?
羞辱
Insults?
悲观地抱怨
Pessimistic grumbling
我们的人生多糟糕吗
about how awful life is for all of us?
在你身边我并不悲观
Well, around you, I’m not gloomy.
那是因为我骗了你
That’s only because I fooled you
让你以为人生还有更多不可见的事物
into thinking that there’s more to life than meets the eye.
对 对 我还是悲观厌世
No, no, I have not lost my pessimism,
但你就像荒漠中的绿洲
but you are like an oasis in the grim desert.
至于我能提供给你的
And as far as what I can offer you,
是精彩绝伦 妙趣横生的生活
life with a brilliant and witty genius.
我得走了
I have to go.
别走 这是你最后的机会
No, this is your last offer.
你不能忘恩负义
You must not be an ingrate.
再见 斯坦利
Good-bye, Stanley.
我不会再谦卑地站在这
I will not stand around here, cap in hand,
等一个小骗子答应嫁给我了
waiting for some halfpenny con artist to be my bride!
就这样 你若现在不同意
This is it. You don’t agree now,
以后就没机会了
offer’s off the table.
你听到了吗
Do you hear me?
你这个讨厌的小人
You irritating Lilliputian!
你是在丢掉去往天堂的机会

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!