Well, I mean, she’s not even a good actress.
我 我映象里出现了东方 中国
“I… I get the impression of the Orient. China.”
一派胡言
What utter bilge.
我觉得挺准的
Well, I thought that was quite good,
鉴于你的艺名是苏魏灵
considering you are Wei Ling Soo
而且你刚去过德国
and you have just been to Germany.
是的 这一切都很让人信服
Yes, it’s all very tantalizing.
小心点 她很狡猾
Oh, careful, she’s tricky.
但她毕竟是个骗子 霍华德
And yet, she’s a fraud, Howard.
因为根本就没有第六感存在
Because there is no sixth sense.
只有五感 没有幽灵世界
There are five senses, and no spirit world.
但是有样东西叫巧合
But there are coincidences.
她只是运气好 猜对了
Maybe she’s made some lucky guesses,
我们还是得小心行事 别让他们察觉
but we have to be careful not to build them into something more.
你女儿今晚准备与我
Your daughter is going to try to make contact
亲爱的亡夫通灵
with my dear departed Harry tonight.
她一直在等待最佳时机
Well, she’s been waiting for the right moment.
苏菲需要时机对了才能通灵
Sophie needs the proper vibrations.
现在关键是
Now, of course,
收♥购♥或是自己组建
we need to purchase or build an establishment
-运作基金的组织 -当然
– suitable for the operation of our foundation. – Of course.
那会有很多杂七杂八的支出
There will be various assorted costs,
当然 所有学生都得交学费
and naturally, all the students will pay a fee.
所有的收入都会用于灵学研究吧
And, I assume, profits will go into psychic research?
大部分都是
Oh, most of them, uh…
除去行政开支和一些杂费
Minus operating expenses and sundries.
我会全力支持的
You can count on my support.
我一直认为
I’ve always known there had to be
眼见的并不是所有
more to this life than meets the eye.
怎么可能所见的就是事情的全部呢
How could it be that what we see is all there is to everything?
这想法真消极
And, that’s such a bleak thought.
如果一切都将化为乌有
Why would God go to so much trouble
上帝何必费那么大劲呢
if everything comes to nothing?
苏菲是
Well, Sophie is…
苏菲证明了
Sophie is living proof
世界上存在我们所无法看见的事物
that the world is alive with hidden things.
她总是那么让人振奋
She’s such an uplifting creature.
难怪我儿子布莱斯会如此迷恋她
No wonder my son, Brice, is so smitten with her.
我总在追逐
I’m always chasing
彩虹
Rainbows
观察浮云
Watching clouds
随风飘
Drifting by
我的计划
My schemes
就如同我的梦想
Are just like all my dreams
随着天际线消失无影
Ending in the sky
有些人喜欢寻找太阳光
Some fellows look and find the sunshine
而我总是追寻着雨水
I always look and find the rain
有些人有时总会有所收获
Some fellows make a killing sometime
而我却从未有过收获
I never even make a gain
相信我
Believe me
我总在追逐
I’m always chasing
彩虹
Rainbows
空等小蓝鸟的到来
Waiting to find a little bluebird in vain
你知道我爱上你了吧
You know that I’m in love with you?
你不应该那么快交出你的心
You mustn’t give your heart away so quickly.
你看着我的眼睛 在不认识我的情况下
You looked into my eyes, and without even knowing me,
比我还了解自己
you knew me better than I know myself.
你知道我的梦想我的雄心
You knew my dreams and my ambitions.
别告诉我你爱上了别人
Please, don’t tell me you’re in love with someone else.
不不不 当然没有
Oh, no, no, of course not.
我一直没有时间去恋爱
I never had time to fall in love.
你也知道 我跟妈妈一直到处游历
Mother and I were always traveling, you know?
跟你不一样 我们是工人阶级
Unlike you, we’re members of the working class.
都结束了
That’s over.
我要好好照顾你
I’m gonna take care of you
一辈子把你捧在手心上
and pamper you for the rest of your life.
你喜欢旅游吗
Do you like to travel?
我的意思是坐游艇旅游
I mean, on yachts?
你喜欢去参加派对
Do you like to go to parties
买♥♥珠宝买♥♥衣服和跳舞吗
and buy jewels and clothes and go dancing?
我很会跳舞
I’m a very good dancer.
我想我会习惯坐游艇和戴珠宝首饰
I’m sure I could get used to yachts and jewels.
我跟塔普林先生进行了一场有趣的谈话
I had an interesting chat with Mr. Taplinger, as he’s called.
真的吗
You did?
他患有典型的神经质人格障碍
Yeah, I’d say he has a classic neurotic personality disorder.
有一对合不来的天才父母亲
Yeah, brilliant parents who didn’t get along,
从小姑姑比妈妈还亲
closer to his aunt than his mother,
迷恋死亡
obsessed with mortality,
没有信仰 感到生活毫无意义
believes in nothing, finds life to have no meaning.
患有严重的抑郁症
Just a perfect depressive,
将一切升华到他的艺术中
with everything sublimated into his art,
他还真是个艺术家
and he is quite an artist.
他一开始是个逃脱大♥师♥
Oh, he began as an escape artist.
想逃离现实
Interesting choice
选择做这个不错
if anyone ever wanted to escape from reality.
像弗洛伊德一样
But, like Freud,
他不会因为
he will not permit himself
幼稚的想法更让人舒心
to be seduced by childish thoughts
而允许自己变得孩子气
just because they’re more comforting.
一个非常不幸的人
Very unhappy man.
我喜欢他
I like him.
-贝克小姐 -你好
– Ah, Miss Baker. – Hello.
休息完了吧
Rested, I presume?
是的 我洗了个澡小睡了一会
Uh, yes, I had a bath. I had a little nap.
现在充满活力了
And now, you’re refreshed.
不完全是 我做了个不好的梦
Well, no, not entirely. I had an unpleasant dream.
我也是
I’ve had my share.
我梦到我被一个邪恶的中国人跟踪
I dreamt I was being followed by a sinister Chinese.
你脑子里一直想着远东
You have the Far East on the brain.
-那有什么寓意呢 -我不知道
– What do you think it means? – I don’t know.
晚上好
Good evening.
我得知你们今晚要通灵
I understand you’re holding a seance tonight.
她一直在等待最佳时机
She’s been waiting for the right moment,
而现在所有星球都在同一直线上了
and now, she says, “The planets are in alignment.”
它们为什么要在同一直线上呢
And what do they have to be in alignment with?
像你的椎骨吗
Your vertebrae?
如果屋里有无神论者 你可以通灵吗
Can you do the seance if someone in the room is a non-believer?
当你通灵时
And when… when you contact the spirits,
我们可以看到灵魂吗
will we be able to see the souls?
它们跟鬼魂有什么区别
And how are they different from ghosts?
或者它们是鬼魂吗
Or are they ghosts?
我觉得它们是不一样的
I should think souls are quite different.
-你听过外质这个词吗 -外质
– Have you ever heard of ectoplasm? – Ectoplasm?
不是跟酸奶一样的乳白色物质吗
Now, isn’t that a milky substance rather like yogurt?
你就是个谐星 对吧
Oh, you are a joker, aren’t you?
你的意思是 灵魂看起来像酸奶
So, you’re saying it might look like yogurt,
但却是卡特莱奇夫人的亡夫
but it will be Mrs. Catledge’s former husband.
晚餐时间
Dinner.
苏菲 吃晚餐去
Sophie, come to dinner.
这光线多美啊 妈妈
Isn’t the light perfect, Mother?
通灵会上到底会发生什么
Really, what exactly happens at a seance?
不要以为胡编乱造
You know, I don’t believe you’re so naive
我就会相信你很天真
as you make out about the occult.
我的叔叔查尔斯参加过一个通灵会
I will admit, my Uncle Charles once attended a seance
那个灵媒制♥造♥了很多惊喜
where the medium made a lot of amazing things happen,
几周后 东窗事发
and weeks later, she was unmasked and sent to prison,
由于巨额诈骗而被送进监狱
for defrauding people out of substantial sums of money.
查尔斯 查尔斯叔叔
Charles. Uncle Charles.
死于溺水
Death by water.
你说什么
What did you say?
什么 我只是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!