What’s 37?
那又怎样?
I didn’t have Chiro till after I was 37.
我还不是37岁才生季诺
It ain’t over till it’s over.
要到真的不能生了 才能算数
Johnny’s got a big apartment. We’ll move in there.
强尼有间很大的公♥寓♥ 我们会搬过去
So we’ll sell the house.
我们会把房♥子卖♥♥掉
You know– What– I want to live here. I love the house.
我要住在这里 我喜欢这间房♥子
Pop don’t like Johnny.
爸不喜欢强尼
No, he don’t.
是,他不喜欢
I’ll get it.
我来接
Hello?
嗨!
Yeah, this is Loretta Castorini.
是,我是洛莉塔
Hello, operator?
接线生吗?
Yeah. Yes. Shh! It’s me.
是 对,是我
I’m calling from the death bed of my mother.
我从我快死的妈妈 这儿打来的
Yeah, how was your plane ride?
旅途如何?
The waitresses were very nice.
空中小姐很好
My mother is slipping away. How long do I have to wait?
我妈就要死了 我还要等多久?
I can’t talk long. Did you tell her we’re getting married?
我不能讲太久 你跟她提我们的婚事了吗?
No, not yet. I’m waiting till a moment when she’s peaceful.
还没有,我等她平静一点
Well, don’t wait till she’s dead.
别等到她死掉才说
Have you called my brother?
你打给我弟了没?
No. I’m sorry. Not yet. I forgot.
对不起,还没有 我忘了
Will you do it today? Yes.
今天会打吗? 会
Make sure he comes to the wedding.
确定他会来我们的婚礼
Five years is too long for bad blood between brothers.
五年没跟血亲讲过话 是久了一点
Nothing can replace the family.
没有任何事 能取代家人
I can see that now.
我现在知道了
Loretta, are you there?
洛莉塔,你在吗?
I’m sorry. I’ll do it today.
抱歉 我今天会打
And listen, Johnny.
听着,强尼
Call me after you tell her. All right.
你跟她说了之后再打给我 好
And don’t stand directly under the sun. You got a hat. Use your hat.
别直接站在太阳下 戴个帽子
I got my hat. All right. Bye.
我会戴的 好,再见
All right. Bye-bye.
好,再见
What did I do with that card?
名片弄到哪去?
How’s the mother?
妈还好吗?
She’s dying, but I could still hear her big mouth.
她快死了 但我还听得见她在大叫
He didn’t tell her.
他还没告诉她
You know, the woman makes him crazy.
她快把他逼疯了
Now who you calling?
你打给谁?
Cammareri’s.
卡玛喏日糕饼店
Is Ronny Cammareri there, please?
龙尼在吗?
Hold on.
等等
Ronny, the phone!
龙尼,电♥话♥!
Yeah, this is Ronny.
我是龙尼
Yeah, I’m calling for your brother.
我帮你哥打来的
He’s getting married, and he would like it if you would come.
他快结婚了 而且希望你能参加
Why didn’t he call himself?
他为什么不自己打来?
He’s in Palermo. What’s wrong can never be made right.
他在巴勒摩 错了就是错了
Look, just let me come and talk–
让我来跟你解释
Talk to you! Animal!
让我跟你解释!畜生!
What an animal!
真是个畜生!
Thanks, Mrs. Fugocci.
谢谢,福加吉太太
Here you go. Bye. See you tomorrow.
拿好了 明天见
Bye. Come on, honey.
再见 亲爱的,过来
Is Ronny Cammareri here? He’s down at the ovens.
龙尼在吗? 他在烤炉那儿
What do you want? I want to talk to him.
你要干嘛? 跟他谈谈
This way.
这边请
What? Somebody here to see Ronny.
什么? 有人要找龙尼
Somebody wants to see you!
有人找你!
You come for my brother Johnny? Yeah.
强尼要你来找我? 是的
Why?
为什么?
We’re gonna get married.
我们要结婚了
You’re gonna marry my brother Johnny? Yeah.
你要嫁给我哥? 是的
Would you like to go someplace so we could talk–
我们能不能找个地方谈…
I have no life. Excuse me?
我的生命没有目标 什么?
My brother Johnny took my life from me.
我的生命没有目标,我哥把我的目标夺走了
I don’t understand you.
我不懂
And now he’s getting married. He has his.
现在他要结婚了 达到了自己的生命目标
He’s getting his, and he wants me to come.
他有了他的生命目标 还要我去
What is life?
什么是生命?
I didn’t come here to upset you. They say bread is life.
我不是来这里气你的 他们说面包就是生命
And I bake bread, bread, bread.
我整天烤面包…
I sweat and shovel this stinking dough…
整天流汗 和铲这堆可恶的面团
in and out of this hot hole in the wall…
在这面热墙出出入入
and I should be so happy, huh, sweetie?
我还要替我哥高兴 是吗?
You want me to come to the wedding of my brother Johnny?
你要我去参加我哥的婚礼?
Where’s my wedding?
我的婚礼在哪儿?
Chrissy, bring me the big knife over by the wall.
克莉丝帮我把墙上的刀拿来
I’m gonna cut my throat!
我要割喉自杀!
Maybe I should come back another time.
也许我改天再来好了
No, I want you to see this. I want you…
不,我要你看着 我要你
to watch me kill myself so you can tell my brother Johnny…
看着我自杀, 所以,你告诉我哥强尼
on his wedding day, okay?
在他结婚的那天
I won’t do it!
我不会这么做!
She won’t do it. Do you know about me?
她不会这么做 你了解我吗?
Mr. Cammareri What?
龙尼先生… 什么?
Okay.

Nothing is anybody’s fault, but things happen.
不是谁的错 但事实的确发生了
Look.

This wood is fake.
这是假的
Five years ago, I was engaged to be married…
五年前 我订婚而且快要结婚了
and Johnny came in here and ordered bread from me.
强尼过来跟我买♥♥面包
I said, “Okay, some bread.”
我说:“好,来点面包”
And I put my hand in the slicer…
我把手放在切面包机上
and it got caught ’cause I wasn’t paying attention.
因为没有注意 手就被夹进去
The slicer chewed off my hand.
切面包机把我的手绞了
It’s funny, ’cause when my fiance found out about it…
好玩吧 因为当我未婚妻知道这件事
when she found out I had been maimed, she left me for another man.
她发现因为我变残废而离开我 去找别的男人
That’s the bad blood between you and Johnny?
这就是你们的过节吗?
Yes, that’s it.
是的
But that’s not Johnny’s fault.
但那不是强尼的错
I don’t care! I ain’t no freaking monument to justice!
我不管! 我又不是正义纪念碑
I lost my hand! I lost my bride!
我手没了! 新娘也没了!
Johnny has his hand! Johnny has his bride!
强尼有手! 还有新娘!
You want me to take my heartbreak, put it away and forget it?
你要我怎么把 辛酸的往事忘记?
Is it just a matter of time…
它只是一个时间问题…
before a man opens his eyes…
当一个人睁着眼睛
and gives up his one…
送走了他唯一的
dream of happiness?
幸福的梦想
Maybe.
也许
This is the most tormented man I have ever known.
他是我见过 最受折磨的人
I’m in love with this man…
我爱上这个人
but he doesn’t know that.
但他却不知道
I never told him, ’cause he could never love anybody…
我从没告诉过他,因为自从 他失去了手和未婚妻后
since he lost his hand and his girl.
他就没法再爱任何人了
Where do you live?
你住哪儿?
Upstairs.
楼上
Can we just talk?
我们谈谈好吗?
What are we painting here, the Sistine Chapel?
这里画什么? 西斯丁教堂吗?
We should have been plumbers like Castorini.
我们该跟卡斯托里尼一样 去当水管工人
What do you think?
卡斯托里尼先生 你意下如何?
Ten thousand eight hundred dollars.
一万零八佰元
That seems like a lot.
好像很贵
Look…

there are three kinds of pipe.
水管分三种
There’s the kind of pipe you have, which is garbage.
你们本来装的是这种 跟垃圾一样
You can see where that’s gotten you.
你看 问题就是出在这里
Then there’s bronze, which is very good.
然后有青铜的 品质很好
Unless something goes wrong…
除非出了什么问题

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!