And you’re gonna need a manicure, yes.
而且你需要修指甲
You take her, Batina. She’s gonna take out the gray.
你帮她,巴蒂娜 她要染头发
Yeah, and someone will have to do the eyebrows.
她也需要修眉毛
Look. Something nice and soft. Wait a minute.
听着,要好看点而且柔一点的 等等
Has anybody here been to the opera? Not me.
有人去看过歌♥剧吗? 我可没有
Bellissima without those ugly grays. It’s fantastic.
好美,没有白头发 真是太好了
You ever been to the opera? No, have you?
你去看过歌♥剧吗? 没有,你呢?
Batina, you ever been to the opera?
巴蒂娜,你去过吗?
This is the color I would use. La Boheme?
我要用这个颜色 波西米亚人吗?
I’ve never been there. You’re going to the Met?
我从没去过 你要去都会歌♥剧院吗?
Yeah.

She came in when she turned 40 and her husband left her.
她四十岁时来过染同样的颜色 结果她丈夫离开了她
Byebye. Okay.
再见 好
Wow. Look at that.
看!
Careful.
小心!
I’m home!
我回来了!
Don’t everybody answer at the same time. Hello!
没人在家吗?
You look beautiful.
你看起来好美
Your hair. Yeah, I had it done.
你的头发 我上了美容院
You look beautiful too.
你也很美
Thank you.
谢谢
I said I’d go to the opera with you, but that’s all.
我只答应你去看歌♥剧
Come on, let’s go in.
进去吧
Look at that. Isn’t it something?
看 真是不得了
Wow. Thank you.
谢谢你
For what?
为什么?
I don’t know. For your hair.
我不知道 因为你的头发
For your beautiful dress.
你漂亮的衣服
I don’t know. It’s been a long time since I’ve been to the opera.
我不知道 我很久没来看歌♥剧了
So, where are we sitting? Come on.
我们坐哪儿? 过来
Here we go.
开始了
So, who’s coming? Just me. I want to eat.
还有谁要来? 只有我,我想吃点东西
Okay, I got a table for you right now.
好 现在就有位子给你
This all right? Fine.
可以吗? 很好
Enjoy your meal. Thanks.
你慢用 谢谢
You dining alone tonight? Hello. Yeah.
你今晚一个人吗? 你好,是的
Let me have a martini, no ice, two olives.
给我一杯马丁尼 不加冰块,两颗橄榄
Very good.
很好
I’m trying to explain to you how I feel.
我想告诉你我的感觉
Every time I tell you how I feel, you tell me how you feel.
每次我告诉你 你也告诉我
That’s not much of a response. It’s the only response I got.
这算哪门子回答 我只知道这样的答案
You want something to eat? Not now. I’ll wait.
你要点菜了吗? 再等会儿
Very good.
很好
I really hate it when you use that tone with me.
我很讨厌你这样跟我说话
Like you’re above it all and isn’t it so amusing.
好像你高高在上 对下面一点兴趣也没有
But it is, isn’t it? Not to me.
但的确是,不是吗? 我可不觉得
This is my life, no matter how comical it may seem to you.
这是我的生活 不管你看起来多好笑
I don’t need some man standing above the struggle while I’m rolling in mud.
当我深陷泥沼时 你别置身事外
I think you like to roll around in the mud and I don’t.
你喜欢在泥沼里打滚 我可不
That’s fair, isn’t it? Now why–
这很公平,不是吗? 为什么…
Sorry about that, folks.
各位,抱歉
She’s a very pretty mental patient.
她是个美丽的神经病人
No, don’t. Please, don’t mind me.
别管我
Just do me a favor and clear her place.
帮个忙 帮她位子清一清
Get rid of all evidence of her, and bring me a big glass of vodka.
别留下她待过的痕迹 给我一杯大伏特加
Absolutely.
当然
I’m sorry if we disturbed you. I’m not disturbed by you.
很抱歉打扰到你 没有的事
My lady friend has a personality disorder.
我朋友有点人格失调
She’s just too young for you.
她对你来说太小了点
Thanks, comrade.
谢了,同志
It’s nothing.
没什么
Too young? I just got that. You know how to hurt a guy.
太小?我才刚听懂你的话 你真的知道要怎么伤人
How old are you? None of your business.
你几岁? 不关你的事
I’m sorry. That was rude.
抱歉,我太没礼貌了
Would you like to join me for dinner?
你愿意过来一起晚餐吗?
Are you sure?
你确定?
I’d be delighted.
我很乐意
I hate to eat alone. It’s amazing how often I end up doing just that.
我不喜欢一个人吃饭 却常常一个人吃饭
Signora Castorini. Oh, yes.
卡斯托里尼夫人 是的
Your minestrone. Thanks, Bobo.
你的浓菜汤 波波,谢谢
What do you do? I’m a communication professor at N.Y.U.
在哪高就? 纽约大学教授
That woman was a student of yours? Sheila? Yeah, she was.
刚刚那位是你学生? 是的,以前是
Is.
现在还是
Was.
以前是
My mother had an old saying. You want to hear it?
我妈有句老话 你想听吗?
Sure. Don’t shit where you eat.
好 兔子不吃窝边草
I’ll remember that.
我会记住这一点
What do you do? I’m a housewife.
你在哪高就? 我是个家庭主妇
How come you’re eating alone? I’m not eating alone.
那你怎么会一个人吃饭? 我不是一个人吃饭
May I ask you a question? Yeah, go ahead.
我能问你个问题吗? 请说
Why do men chase women?
为什么男人要追女人?
Nerves? I think it’s because they fear death.
焦虑紧张? 因为他们怕死
Maybe. You want to know why I chase women?
也许,你要知道 为什么我要追求女人?
I find women charming.
我觉得女人很迷人
I teach these classes I’ve taught for a million years.
我教书已经好多年了
The spontaneity went out of it for me a long time ago.
自发性早就没有了
I started out excited about something, wanted to share it.
以前还会觉得很兴奋 想要跟学生分享
Now it’s rote, a multiplication table.
现在完全麻木 像九九乘法表
Except sometimes I’ll be droning along.
除了有些时候 我偶然会讲一大段话
I’ll look up, and I’ll see a fresh…
我抬起头 看见一张清新
beautiful, young face.
美丽,年轻的脸庞
And it’s all new to her.
所有的事对她而言 是很新奇的
I’m just this great guy who’s brilliant and thinks out loud.
我就像是个充满智慧 散发光芒的智者
When that happens, when I look out there among those chairs…
这时候 我会看看座位那边
and see a young woman’s face…
看着少女的脸庞
and see me in her eyes…
在她眼中
the way I always wanted to be, maybe once was…
我真正想当的自己 也许是以前的自己
I ask her out for a date.
我会约她出去
It doesn’t last long.
但维持不了多久
A few weeks. A couple of precious months.
几周后 或宝贵的一二个月
Then she catches on that I’m just this burnt-out, old gasbag…
然后她会了解 我不过是过气的糟老头
and she’s as fresh and bright…
她却依旧清新,明丽
and full of promise as moonlight in a martini.
充满希望 跟马丁尼里的月光一样
At that moment, she stands up and throws a glass of water in my face…
到时候 她就会泼杯水在我脸上
or some action to that effect.
或是做同样效果的举动
What you don’t know about women is a lot.
你不了解女人的地方可多了
That’s not what I hear.
我还没听过有人这么说我
What would you like? Two white wines.
你想喝什么? 两杯白酒
Yes, sir.
好的
I’d like two glasses of champagne.
我要两杯香槟
Canadian Club and ginger ale and Dubonnet on the rocks, please.
一杯威士忌加姜汁汽水 一杯甜酒加冰块
What’s that? This was done by Marc Chagall.
那是什么? 马克恰戈的作品
As you can see, he was a great artist. Kind of gaudy.
他是个很伟大的艺术家 看起来有点俗气
He was having some fun.
他是画好玩的
They get some turnout for this stuff. It’s the best thing there is.
好多人为此而来 这是精华之处
I like parts of it, but I don’t really get it.
有些地方我很喜欢 但是我真的不懂
You haven’t once said you like my dress.
你还没说你喜欢我的衣服
I like your dress.
我喜欢你的衣服
It’s very bright.
很亮丽
Will you hold this? Thanks.
帮我拿一下好吗? 谢谢
May I walk with you a ways? Sure.
我可以陪你走一下吗? 好
Thanks.
谢谢
Do you live far from here? Just up there.
你住的地方离这远吗? 就在前面而已
You knew that man? Yes.
你认识那个人吗? 认识
That was so awful.
好差劲
“Awful”? Beautiful. Sad.
“差劲”? 很凄美
She died. Yes.
她死了 是
I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t think she was gonna die.
不敢相信 她会死
I knew she was sick, but She had TB.
我知道她生病,但是… 她得肺结核
I know. She was coughing her brains out, right?
她咳得很厉害

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!