正相反 除了赫伯德太太习惯性的大吵大嚷那会儿
On the contrary, apart from one of Mrs. Hubbard’s customary outbursts,
其他时间都睡得很香
I slept very soundly.
-您呢 太太 -哦 比他还好
-And you, Madame? -Oh, even more soundly.
我们俩过了8点都还没醒呢
We, neither of us, woke till after 8.
在过夜的火车上 我习惯吃曲砜那
As is my custom on night trains, I took Trional.
乙丁二砜
Diethyl-sulphone-dimethyl-methane.
白色晶体 用水化开服用是强效安♥眠♥药♥
One dilutes the white crystals with water, it is a strong hypnotic.
他说得像毒药似的
He makes it sound like a poison.
和大多数安♥眠♥药♥一样 过量的话
As with most sleeping drafts, if taken in sufficient quantities,
的确是毒药
it is a poison.
-您不是在指控 -不是指控你们
-You are not accusing… -You are not accused,
而是开脱
you are excused.
谢谢您二位的帮助与合作
Thank you both for your help and cooperation.
“你可知道 那柠檬花开的地方[德语]
“Kennst du das Land, wo die Zitronen blühen?
引自德国作家歌♥德[1749-1832]的诗作《迷娘歌♥》 梁宗岱译本
“黯绿的密叶中映着橘橙金黄[德语]
“Im dunklen Laub die Gold-Orangen glühen,
“骀荡的和风起自蔚蓝的天上[德语]
“Ein sanfter Wind vom Blauen Himmel weht,
“还有那长春幽静和月桂轩昂[德语]
“Die Myrte still und hoch der Lorbeer steht
“你可知道吗”[德语]
“Kennst du es wohl?”
为什么不念了呢
Why have you stopped reading?
“那方啊 就是那方 我心爱的人儿 我要与你同往”
“Dahin! Dahin! Möcht ich mit dir, o mein Gelieb… ”
-向您致意[意大利语] -比安奇先生[意大利语]
-Altezza. -Signor Bianchi.
请允许我向您介绍举世无双的[意大利语]
È permesso presentare L’investigatore distinto,
赫尔克里·波洛先生[法语]
Monsieur Hercule Poirot?
希尔德加德给我读过很多报纸上关于您案件的报道
Hildegarde has read me many of your cases in the newspapers,
但我不得不阻止她
but I have had to stop her.
如今只有这种文学形式 我听了才不至于打瞌睡
Nowadays, they are the only form of literature that keeps me awake.
而我缺少的正是美美地睡上一觉
And I need what I defiantly continue to call my beauty sleep.
-来点儿科尼亚克白兰地酒 -不用了 谢谢
-You would care for a little cognac? -Thank you, no.
好的 我想来一杯
Yes, please.
那么 您想让我供出杀了
Now, you wish me to confess to the murder of Mr.?
他叫什么来着
What’s his name?
恰恰相反 公主殿下[法语] 是我要向您坦白些事情
Au contraire, Madame la Princesse, it is I who wish to make a confession.
您说您读到过关于我的报道 满是溢美之词
You pay me the compliment of having read about me,
而我也要还礼
I return the compliment
我也读到过关于您的
by admitting that I have read about you.
接着说
Continue.
我偶然记起
I have been accidentally reminded
您是阿姆斯特朗夫人的教母
that you were the godmother of Mrs. Armstrong,
就是那个被绑♥架♥的小戴西的母亲
who was herself the mother of the kidnapped child, Daisy.
您是怎么成为阿姆斯特朗夫人的教母的呢 殿下
How did you become Mrs. Armstrong’s godmother, Madame?
我既是她母亲的朋友 也是崇拜者
I was the friend and admirer of her mother,
美国著名演员琳达·亚顿
the great American actress, Linda Arden.
“为什么您把这两把刀子带来了”
Why did you bring these daggers from the place?
引自莎士比亚悲剧《麦克白》第二幕第二场中麦克白夫人的台词 朱生豪译本
您是在背台词 还是在问我啊
Is that a quotation or a question?
是背台词 我在伦敦看过两次她饰演的麦克白夫人
A quotation. I saw her twice as Lady Macbeth in London.
她曾是那个时代最伟大的悲剧演员
She was the greatest tragic actress of her day.
曾是 可她仍健在吧 殿下
Was? Surely she is still alive, Madame?
是啊 但卧病在床
Alive, but bedridden.
她不是有个二女儿吗 阿姆斯特朗夫人的妹妹
Did she not have a second daughter, younger than Mrs. Armstrong?
有的 可我想不起她叫什么了
There was, but I do not recall her name.
我每次登门拜访 她都在学校
When I paid a visit, she was always away at school.
她后来怎么样了呢
What became of the younger daughter?
她嫁了个土耳其人或是别的 我和她母亲从不谈论此事
She married a Turk or some such. We never spoke of it.
阿姆斯特朗夫人婚前姓什么
What was Mrs. Armstrong’s maiden name?
阿姆斯特朗夫人婚前姓
Mrs. Armstrong’s maiden name was
格林伍德
Greenwood.
我能否再打扰您一会儿 请您帮忙回忆一些事情
May I tax your memory and, indeed, your patience a little longer?
阿姆斯特朗家里有些其他人的名字
There are other names in the Armstrong household
我想不起来了 有个秘书吧
that I cannot recall. Was there not a secretary?
当然有个秘书
Of course there was a secretary.
殿下 她的名字是
Her name, Madame?
她的名字
Her name.
哦 我的记性
Oh, my memor…
他们叫她 弗里博迪小姐
She was a Miss Freebody.
是不是有个勇敢的司机
Was there not a gallant chauffeur?
是的
There was.
我自己有司机 没坐过他的车
I never used him. I had my own.
他肯定不是唯一的男仆
Surely he was not the only male servant?
有一个我还记得起来
I seem to remember one other there.
他曾是 怎么称呼来着
He was, I think you would say,
上校的印度勤务兵
the colonel’s Indian orderly.
阿姆斯特朗夫人的贴身女仆
And Mrs. Armstrong’s personal maid.
就是被冤枉成绑♥架♥犯同谋
The one who was wrongly suspected of complicity in the kidnapping
-自杀的那个 -无论走到哪
-and killed herself? -I always travel
我都带着自己的贴身女仆
with my own personal maid.
没必要与别人的女仆讲话
There was no need to speak with Mrs. Armstrong’s.
施米特小姐[德语]无疑应该记得吧
Doubtless, Fräulein Schmidt will remember her name.
小姐[德语] 同为夫人的贴身女仆
Surely, Fräulein, as one lady’s maid to another,
你们肯定平等地说过话吧
you conversed as equals below stairs.
是的 是的 当然[德语]
Ja, ja, natürlich.
但对贴身女仆大家一般是只称呼教名的
But ladies’ maids were often called only by their Christian names.
那她叫什么
And what was hers?
波蕾特
Paulette.
希尔德加德
Hildegarde.
给我两片阿司匹林 好么
You will be so kind as to give me two aspirin.
然后让餐车乘务员
And you will ask the dining-car attendant
给我送一杯俄♥罗♥斯♥茶
to bring me a glass of Russian tea,
完事你就回自己包厢吧
and then you may retire to your own compartment.
有事我会按铃
I will ring when I need you.
好的 公主殿下[德语]
Ja wohl, meine Prinzessin.
最后 还有那个保姆
Finally, there was the nurse.
我不需要
I had no need
雇保姆
of a nurse.
我的病痛尚未到来
That is an ordeal still to come.
您从来不笑 公主殿下[法语]
You never smile, Madame la Princesse.
我的医生不主张我
My doctor has advised
这么干
against it.
请原谅
Excuse me.
我们就不继续打扰您了
There is no need for us to fatigue you further.
您给了我们极大的帮助
You have been of the utmost help.
回软座车厢 告诉皮埃尔
Go back to the Pullman and tell Pierre
五分钟后把阿布斯♥诺♥上校叫来
to summon Colonel Arbuthnott in five minutes.
-我还想和女仆说两句 -好的 波洛
-I want a word with the maid. -Yes, Poirot.
施米特小姐[德语] 我们能否
Fräulein Schmidt, I wonder if I might have a word with you
去您的包厢谈一件小事情
about a small matter in the privacy of your compartment?
-我得把阿司匹林拿给 -我们让门半开着
-I have to take these aspirins… -We will leave the door ajar.
方才我注意到当说起阿姆斯特朗夫人的
I observed how moved you were
女佣波蕾特时 您很动情
at the mention of Mrs. Armstrong’s maid, Paulette.
她天性可爱 先生[德语] 我们是知心朋友
She had a sweet nature, mein Herr. We were deep friends.
您有她的照片吗
Have you a photograph of her in your possession?
有的 我旅行时总带着相册 有助于打发晚上的时光
Ja. I never travel without my photo box. It helps to pass the evenings.
不 请让我来 先生[德语] 我的力气大得很
No, please, mein Herr. I am strong.
冷静点
Be calm.
这也许能挽救
This could be your salvation
您和加来车厢上的所有旅客
and that of every passenger in the Calais coach,
包括您的女主人在内
including your mistress.
上一次开箱子是什么时候
When did you last open the suitcase?
驶出贝尔格莱德后 当时皮埃尔说公主[德语]找我
After Belgrade. When Pierre summoned me to the Prinzessin,
我打开箱子拿了本歌♥德的诗集 准备念给她听帮她入睡
I took out a volume of Goethe, in case she wished me to read her to sleep.
皮埃尔穿起来太大了
Too stout for Pierre.
没错 上衣纽扣缺了一颗
And, yes, there is a button missing from the tunic.
又被赫伯德太太找到了
A button found by Mrs. Hubbard.
裤子口袋里还有把万♥能♥钥♥匙♥
And a passkey in the trouser pocket.
这里是她的照片 先生[德语]
Here is the photo, mein Herr.
这个漂亮而无邪的女孩
And this pretty, innocent girl
就这么从窗户跳了下去
threw herself from a window.
用这条吧 小姐[德语]
Use this, Fräulein.
走廊里找到的 绣着字母H
I found it in the corridor and thought it must be yours
-肯定是您的吧 -不 不
-because it bears the initial H. -No. No.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!