我沉浸在孩子们对我的喜爱中
I’m basking in the glow of my children’s affection.
你指哈珀吗 她并非代表一切
Harper? She didn’t mean anything.
你看 她才12岁呢
I mean, she’s 12.
提前准备好 以后会越来越糟的
Get ready, it’s going to get a lot worse.
最重要的一点 不要让她伤心
Only, don’t let her turn her back on you.
因为那会让你心碎的
Because that will break your heart.
哈珀
Harper?
是我
No. Um…
明天面试前 巴克有一个特殊请求
Barker has a special request for tomorrow, before the audition.
我们所有人都要参加
And it involves all of us.
卡尔 你最喜欢的两样食物
Carl, your two favorite things
是牛奶和豆腐热狗
were milk and tofu dogs.
现在你可以永远拥有它们了
Now, you can have both forever.
外婆 谢谢你装饰这个盒子
Grandma, thanks for decorating the box.
亲爱的 这是我的荣幸
Oh, honey, it was my pleasure.
卡尔
Um, Carl…
阿蒂能对卡尔说几句好话吗
Can Artie say something nice for Carl?
我吗
Me?
你怎么
How do you…
对不起啊 卡尔
I’m sorry, Carl.
英年早逝啊
He died so young.
如何能对没有打过招呼的人说再见呢
How do you say goodbye to somebody you could never say hello to?
很困难
It’s hard.
很多时候我都看不到卡尔
I didn’t get to see Carl very often,
反过来说 其他人也看不到他
but then again, nobody else did.
除了巴克
Except for Barker…
也是这才造就了他的特别之处
which is what made him so special.
卡尔不单单是巴克的死党
Carl wasn’t just Barker’s friend,
也是他的一部分
he was a part of him.
也是他让巴克成为我们的一部分
And that made him a part of all of us.
卡尔 我们心里永远有个位置属于你的
Carl, you will forever be in our hearts.
哥们 保持状态
Keep on hopping, buddy.
好的
Okay.
爱丽丝 你带哈珀去后台
Alice, you take Harper backstage.
我们去找座位
We’ll grab some seats.
巴克 特纳 你俩跟我们来
Barker, Turner, you’re with us.
祝你好运 给他们好看的
Good luck. Knock them dead.
谢谢
Thanks.
祝你好运
Break a leg.
拜 爸爸
Bye, Dad.
别鼓掌 就是那个女人
Don’t applaud. That’s that woman!
晚上好
Good evening.
欢迎各位家长朋友们以及各位著名的评委
Welcome family, friends and distinguished judges…
聚焦在亚特兰大艺术表演中心
to the Atlanta Performing Arts Center.
我是施维尔博士
I am Doctor Schveer.
今晚由14位非常有才华的音乐家
We have 14 amazingly talented musicians…
来争夺一个著名音乐学院的入学名额
all vying for one position at this prestigious conservatory.
这样 直接进入正题 有请
So, without further ado I give you
切特·哈洛伦表演萨克斯
Chet Halloran on the saxophone.
切特 切特加油
Yeah! Chet, Go Chet!
宝贝儿 休息一会
Hang on a second, honey.
你还记得五岁那年吗
You know, when you were just five years old…
我们第一次带你去那小小的音乐学校那天
we took you to that little music school for the first time.
其他孩子们只是在乱敲敲打打
And all the other kids they were just banging on things.
有一个小孩还想敲打另一个小孩
One kid tried to play another kid.
但从第一天起 你就开始演奏了
But from that very first day, you played.
不单单是演奏
And not just played…
你脸上还流露出超级满足的表情
you had this look of such fulfillment on your face.
然后我和你♥爸♥爸说 不管如何
And I said to your dad, “Whatever it takes…
无论怎样
“Whatever we have to do,
我永远都希望她脸上都带着那种表情
“I always want to see that look on her face.”
但那之后 我却看不到了
Lately, I’m not seeing it.
所以 宝贝
So, honey,
你是不是真的不想再转校呢
do you really not want to switch schools again?

Okay.
那放弃这次面试 怎么样
What do you say we ditch this audition?
真的吗
Really?
是的 没关系的
Yeah. It’s okay.
妈咪 之前我说的并非我本意
Mommy, I didn’t mean what I said.
宝贝
Oh, baby.
我不想要其他人成为我妈妈
I wouldn’t want anyone else to be my mom.
我爱你
And I love you.
当然啦 你可是我唯一的女儿
That’s good because you’re my only daughter.
知道不 我还真不了解那些男孩
And you know, I don’t really understand the boys.
我知道 他们有多怪异啊
I know. How weird are they?
宝贝
Hi, baby.
非常遗憾 节目有一点点变化
We regret to inform you of a slight change in our program.
哈珀·西蒙斯放弃了面试
Harper Simmons has forfeited her slot…
还有她的未来
And her future.
下个节目正在准备
Since the next performer is warming up…
我们休息十分钟
we’re going to have to take a 10 minute break.
怎么了
Hey, what’s going on?
她不面试了
She’s not going to audition.
你不会对我失望吧
You’re not disappointed in me, are you?
不不 当然不 想都不会想
Oh, no, no, no. That’s not even a possibility.
都是我的错 是的 我是错
Is this is all my fault? It is, isn’t it?
我跑了四千多公里来摧毁我外孙女的前途
I came 3,000 miles to ruin my granddaughter’s life.
不是你的错
It’s not your fault.
-真的吗 -是我俩一起决定的
– Really? – It was our choice.
我爱你
I love you.
来 帮我拍张照 菲尔
Here, take my picture, Phil.
快站好
Get in there.
特纳呢
Uh, where’s Turner?
你啊 你啊 孩子
You! You! Kid!
特纳
Turner!
1951年WMCA广播电台转播员罗司·霍奇斯报导旧金山巨人队的评论 誉为《声震天下的那一击》
鲍比·汤森正站在击球区
Bobby Thomson, up there swinging.
罗伯特·布朗·汤森 小名巴比·汤森 生于苏格兰格拉斯哥 守备位置为外野手 为美国大联盟传奇强打者之一。
他今天三次上场 击出两记安打
He’s had two out of three,
一记一垒安打和一记二垒安打
a single and a double…
比利·考克斯正在三垒蓄势待发
and Billy Cox is playing him right on the third base line.
一人出局 九局下半 布兰卡投球
One out, last of the ninth. Branca pitches.
鲍比·汤森吃了一记内角好球
Bobby Thomson takes a strike called on the inside corner.
巴比有0.292的打击率
Bobby hitting at .292.
本场比赛击出了一记一垒安打和一记二垒安打
He’s had a single and a double…
他一记击向中外野的长打
and he drove in the Giants first run
为巨人队拿下了第一分
with a long fly to center.
洛克曼在二垒 离垒包并不远
Lockman without too big of a lead at second…
但如果汤姆森能击出安打
but he’ll be running like the wind
他一定会像风一样狂奔
if Thomson hits one.
布兰卡将球投出
Branca throws.
击出一记长打 我觉得这将会是
There’s a long drive! It’s gonna be, I believe…
巨人队赢得冠军了 巨人队赢得冠军了
The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant!
巨人队赢得冠军了
The Giants win the pennant!
巨人队赢得冠军了
The Giants win the pennant…
他们欣喜若狂
and they’re going crazy.
他们欣喜若狂
They’re going crazy!
安全回垒
And home!
-我不敢相信 -我不敢相信
– I don’t believe it! – I don’t believe it!
我不敢相信
I do not believe it!
鲍比·汤森将球击入了
Bobby Thomson hit a line drive…
左外野方向的下层看台
into the lower deck of the left field stands…
全场观众都沸腾了
and the place is going crazy!
巨人队以5比4的比分赢得了比赛
The Giants won it by a score of 5 to 4…
他们将鲍比·汤森高高抬起
and they’re picking Bobby Thomson up
带出了场区
and carrying him off the field!
我看到了 看到了 阿蒂
I saw it. I saw it, Artie.
叫我外公
Call me Grandpa.
我的好孩子啊 地球上怎会有
My big boy. How on earth…?
外公教我的
Grandpa taught me.
你♥爸♥爸才是错的
Your father was wrong.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!