你在极限运动场有什么公事
What business did you have at the X Games?
是啊 阿蒂 什么公事
Yeah, Artie, what business?
我们是不是忘了最严重的事情
Aren’t we forgetting the most serious issue here?
什么事情
What issue?
一只虚构的袋鼠之死
The death of an imaginary kangaroo.
他是虚构的
He’s imaginary?
是的
Yes!
你可以走了
You can go.
有没有人解释一下卡尔出了什么事
Would someone please explain what happened to Carl?
我们刚才在玩踢罐子
We were playing Kick the Can
后来下雨了 所以我们都进屋了
and it started to rain, so we all came indoors
我在帮哈珀打扮 她要去参加派对
and I was helping Harper get dressed for her party.
派对 你要开派对吗
A party? You’re throwing a party?
不是 爸爸 我要去参加派对
No, Dad, I’m going to a party.
是一个喜欢她的男孩开的
For a boy who likes her.
一个男孩 什么男孩
A boy? What boy?
你面试的前一天晚上 你在开玩笑吗
The night before your audition? Are you kidding?
我跟她说她可以去
I told her she could go.
真是荒谬 她当然不能去
It’s ridiculous. It is out of the question.
这对我来说才荒谬
Maybe it’s ridiculous for me
我将所有时间用来练小提琴
to spend all my time practicing the violin
其它事情一律不做
never doing anything else
明天还要为进一所学校去面试
and auditioning for a school tomorrow
要是被录取了 我这辈子
where I’m never going to do anything else
就别想再做其它事情了
the whole rest of my life.
没说错吧
Huh?
她是在好好说话
Well, she’s using her words.
哈珀 哈珀 我不能让你将你的才华
Harper. Harper! I cannot allow you to take a talent,
这份你花了很多时间和努力才得到的才华
a gift to which you have dedicated so much time and effort
因为心血来潮而抛诸脑后
and throw it away on a whim.
我恨你 真希望你不是我妈
I hate you and I wish anyone else was my mother!
也许这话说得不太好
Maybe not those words.
谢谢你们 爸爸妈妈
Thanks, Mom and Dad.
要是没有你们 我肯定熬不过这个星期
I couldn’t have gotten through the week without you.
依我看 还是马上去机场吧
I say we head for the airport right now.
衣服不要了 偷偷溜走吧
Don’t even take our clothes, we just skedaddle.
我跟着你有35年了 阿蒂
I followed you for 35 years, Artie.
你走到哪我跟到哪
Wherever you needed to be, that’s where I was.
从不抱怨
No complaints.
好吧 偶尔也会抱怨下
Well, some.
但这周
But this week…
这周本该属于我们和外孙们的欢乐时光
This week was supposed to be about us and our grandchildren.
要不是你
Not you.
难道就一定要去试镜吗
Did you have to go to that audition?
这是我仅有的机会
It’s not one of my better moments.
只有一个小时的欢乐时光
For one wonderful hour…
我们不再是他们的”外”祖父母
we weren’t the “Other” Grandparents.
你在这啊
There you are.
你还好吧
You okay?
我真是个坏妈妈啊
I’ve had better Mommy days.
若让她去那个派对 也不会出什么事的
You know, it may not have been horrible to let her go to that party.
我知道
I know.
我只是一想到那画面就会惊慌失措
I just walked into that scene and I freaked.
我不敢相信我爸妈杀了卡尔
I can’t believe my parents killed Carl.
我想过这个问题
Well, I was thinking about that.
他们看不到卡尔 只有巴克才能
You know, they didn’t kill Carl, only Barker could do that.
某种程度上来说 他干出这事
And it somehow took us not being here
也是因为我们不在身边
for him to do it.
你想说什么呢
So, what’s your point?
或许我们太溺爱他了
Maybe we coddle him too much.
或许我们需要给他严厉点的爱
Maybe he needed a little tough love…
才能让他忘记他那想象中的朋友
to let go of his imaginary friend.
菲尔 那样不就证明我爸爸是对的吗
But, Phil, that would make my father right.
是啊 他做了我们做不到的事
Yeah. We can’t have any of that.
哈珀
Harper?
我可以待会再下来
I could come back.
没关系 没关系
No, no, no, it’s okay.
我去安慰下巴克
I’m going to check on Barker.
不好意思 菲尔
Thanks, Phil.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起什么
For what?
能不能说得具体点 爸爸
Narrow it down for me, Dad.
为这周发生的事情道歉
For this week.
为差点让巴克受伤道歉
For almost getting Barker hurt today.
我现在有点后怕了
I just feel terrible about that.
你到底在那里干什么
What were you even doing there?
我是去试镜的
I was on an audition.
因为孟菲斯灰熊队炒了我
Because the Grizzlies fired me.
什么
What?
你为什么不告诉我们
Why didn’t you tell us?
因为这太丢脸了
Because it’s humiliating.
为什么他们要炒你
Why would they do that?
你做得很好啊
You’re so good at that job.
也许还不够好
Maybe not good enough.
爱丽丝
Alice…
你妈妈很希望这次旅程
your mom was really hoping that this trip
能拉近一点她和外孙们的关系
would help bring her closer to her grandchildren.
值得高兴的是
And she and Harper have developed a relationship
她已经和哈珀建立起了友谊
that’s kind of great…
我不想看到这段友谊因我而结束
and I don’t want to see that end just because I screwed up.
那你呢
What about you?
难道你就不想和外孙们发展下友谊
Don’t you want a relationship with your grandchildren?
我当然想啦
Of course I do.
其实
I mean…
在你们回来前的一个小时
like an hour before you came home,
我们关系还蛮好的
it was really good.
只是有时
It’s just that sometimes…
我觉得
I don’t feel…
-觉得什么 -我在这不是很受欢迎
– What? – welcome, here.
爸 我们之间到底怎么了
What happened to us, Dad?
你几岁生哈珀的
How old were you when Harper was born?
26岁
Twenty-six.
那你知道你出生时我多少岁吗
Did you know what you were doing?
不知道
No.
你出生时我才23岁
I was 23 when you came along.
那时我很害怕
And I was terrified,
因为你没有附带任何说明书
because you didn’t come with any instructions.
但我觉得我做得还不错
And I thought I was doing okay.
不像我父亲 我没有不停地跟你说
Because unlike my father, I wasn’t constantly telling you…
你是个多么讨厌 多么让人费心的小东西
what an annoying little waste of time you were…
相信我 我已经不是以前的我了
and believe me, I’m cleaning that up.
我以为我们以前过得很开心
And I thought that we were actually having fun.
我和天气女孩
Me and the weather girl…
还有那个超级可爱的你
and the cutest little girl you ever saw,
到全国各地游玩
traveling around the country.
但随着时光流逝 女儿上了大学
But then years go by, and your daughter goes off to college…
她就很少会回家过感恩节圣诞节
and she doesn’t come home for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
或暑假
Or summers.
亦或永远不回来
Or ever.
当你发现些迹象时
And you get these clues,
你会想也许这些年她过得并不开心
this inkling that perhaps all those years she wasn’t having such a good time…
也许她觉得你做得不够好
and that maybe she thought you didn’t do such a good job.
那感觉很受伤 对吧
And that really hurts. Doesn’t it?
是啊
Yes. Yes.
乖孩子 我要告诉你三个好的地方
So, little girl, I have to give you three put-ups.
-爸 不用 -听我说
– No, Dad. – Please.
没事的
It’s okay.
哈珀 特纳 巴克三个孩子
Harper, Turner, Barker.
都是好孩子 你也是位伟大的母亲
They’re great kids and you’re a really good mother.
你说的对
Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!