他们都说
About how they…
他们一直都知道
Always just knew…
自己的孩子与众不同
Their kid was different.
今天晚上我做了一个梦
And then I had this dream tonight…
鲍比还是一个婴儿
Bobby was a baby.
我的儿子一直都是与众不同
My son was always different.
在他成人的最初就已经与众不同
His difference began at conception.
我知道 的
I knew that.
我感觉得到
I felt it.
我现在知道
I know now…
为什么上帝没有治愈鲍比
Why God didn’t heal Bobby
没有治愈他是因为
He didn’t heal him because…
鲍比没有什么不正常
There was nothing wrong with him.
都是我的错
I did this!
我杀死了自己的儿子
I killed my son!
你没有杀死他 鲍比自杀的
You did not kill your son. Bobby killed himself.
上帝会原谅我吗
How could God forgive me?
鲍比会原谅我吗
How could Bobby forgive me?
上帝早已原谅了你 你要原谅自己
God has already done the forgiving. You have to forgive yourself.
我错了
I’m so sorry!
我真的错了
I’m so sorry!
我的主
Dear god.
请给我们生活的勇气
Give us something we can live with
并将勇气带给那些因为爱者已逝
And pass on to others whose lives will never be the same
而生活无法继续的人们
Because of a loved one’s death.
我没有自己选择褐色的眼睛
I did not decide on brown eyes for myself.
现在我明白 鲍比没有选择做一名同性恋
And I now realize that Bobby didn’t decide to be gay.
如果你说
If you say in your word
生来没有胳膊的人是邪恶而受诅咒的
That it is evil and wicked to be born with no arms,
那么一个生来没有胳膊的孩子
And a child is born with no arms,
要怎么想
What is that child to think?
我们今天的第一项提案是
Our first order business is a proposal
在沃纳溪设立同性恋自♥由♥日
For a gay freedeom day in Walnut Creek.
请肃静
Attention, please.
我们有代表对这一提案进行辩论
We have a select group to debate the issue.
-我没看到她 -有请韦氏教士
– I don’t see her. – …it’s reverend Whitsell.
我们希望有一天
For one day,
在这一天
For one day,
人们可以庆祝自己的不同 而不是感到羞耻
People can celebrate their difference rather than feel shame.
他们应该感到羞耻
Hey should be ashame!
还有那么多人
There are so many other people
需要我们的时间和关心
Who need our time and our attention.
为什么要浪费在这上面
Why are we wasting it on this?
请遵守秩序
Alright, alright. Let’s have some order here please.
他们玷污了体面和道德
They spit in the face of decency and morality.
我们这个社会中的所有人都应该团结一致
We cannot allow the fabric of our society to be torn apart.
不是吗
Right?
我听说他想要竞选加入人♥权♥委员会
I heard he tries to run for the Human Relations commission,
但是他们最后挑了瘸子韦氏
They picked that limped Whitsell instead.
他们寄给他一封信
They sent him a letter.
我说 我们在教堂中唱赞美诗
I said, ‘We sing hymns at our church’.
你们难道在教堂里搞基吗
What do you do with the hymns at your church?
我们要休会做出最后决定
So unless anyone else has anything else to add,
还有人要补充的吗
We’ll adjourn to make our decision.
玛丽
Mary?

Hey Dad!
爸 快进来
Dad, get in here!
爸 快点 妈上电视了
Dad hurry up! Mum’s on TV.
同性恋是一种不可饶恕的原罪
Homosexuality is a sin.
同性恋者被判死后下地狱永世不得超生
Homosexuals are dommed to spend eternity in hell.
如果他们希望改变
If they wanted to change,
他们可以被治愈 远离邪恶之路
They could be healed of their evil ways.
如果他们愿意远离诱惑
If they would turn away from temptation,
他们会再次变得正常
They could be normal again.
如果没有用
If only they would try and try harder,
他们就应该更加努力
If it doesn’t work.
这些是我发现我的儿子是同性恋的时候
These are all the things I said to my son Bobby
对他所说的话
When I found out he was gay.
当他告诉我他是同性恋时
When he told me he was homosexual,
我只觉得世界天崩地裂
My world fell apart.
我尽我所能
I did everything I could
想要治疗他的病态
To cure him of his sickness.
八个月之前
8 months ago, my son…
我的儿子跳下一座大桥 自杀了
Jumped off a bridge and killed himself.
我深深地后悔自己对同性恋知识的缺乏
I deeply regret my lack of knowledge about gay and lesbian people.
现在我明白 我所受的教育
I see that everything I was taught and told
都只是固执偏见 缺失人性
Was bigotry and dehumanizing slender.
如果我曾经多去了解 而不是墨守陈规
If I had investigated, beyond what I was told,
如果当初
If I had just,
在我的儿子对我坦诚相见的时候
Listened to my son,
我能认真听他说
When he poured his heart out to me…
我今天就不会站在这里
I would not be standing here today with you
心中充满悔恨之情
Filled with regrets.
我相信
I believe
上帝为鲍比的善良有爱而高兴
That God was pleased with Bobby’s kind and loving spirit.
在上帝的眼中 善良和爱才是一切
In god’s eyes kindness and love are what it’s all about.
我不知道
I didn’t know that each time
每次重复对同性恋的永世诅咒
That I echoed eternal damnation for gay people…
每一次 我都是在说鲍比是
Each time I referred to Bobby
病态 堕落 威胁着孩子们的安全
As sick and perverted and a danger to our children…
他的自尊
His self-esteem,
他的价值观 都被我所摧毁
His sense of worth, were being destroyed.
最终
And finally,
我对他的伤害无法补救
His spirit broke beyond repair.
鲍比翻过人行护栏
It was not god’s will
跳向一辆重卡
That Bobby climbed over the side of a freeway overpass
当场死亡
And jumped directly into the path of an 18 wheel truck
那不是上帝的旨意
Which killed him instantly.
鲍比死亡的直接原因是
Bobby’s death was the direct result
家长的漠视 他们对同性恋的恐惧
Of his parents’ ignorance and fear of the word gay.
他想成为一名作家
He wanted to be a writer.
他的希望和梦想本不应该被剥夺
His hopes and dreams should not have been taken from him
但是被我们剥夺了
But they were.
有些像鲍比一样的孩子
They are children like Bobby,
坐在你们的教堂之中
Sitting in your congreggations,
与你们不相识
Unknown to you,
但他们会聆听
They will be listening,
当你们念出阿门
As you echo Amen
他们也许将不再祈祷
And that will soon silence their prayers.
向上帝祈祷理解
Their prayers to god, for understanding,
接纳
And acceptance,
和你们的爱
And for your love.
但是你们的厌恶 恐惧
But your hatred, and fear,
和对同性恋的漠视 会让他们放弃祈祷
And ignorance of the word Gay will silence those prayers
所以
So…
你在家中或者教堂里念出阿门之前
Before you echo Amen In your home and place of worship.
先想一想
Think!
请记住
Think and remember.
一个孩子在聆听
A child is listening.
妈妈
Oh, Mum…
应该没问题
Should be good.
他输了
He lost.
投反对票的人更多
They voted the order install.
他明年还会继续努力的 不是吗
Well, he’ll try again next year, right?
我们真的要去旧金山
So, we’re really going to San Francisco?
我们必须去
I think we have to.
我想我们没的选
I don’t think that’s a choice.
还真是讽刺
That’s ironic.
好了
Ok.
我们晚了吗
Are we late?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!