Their changing world
正在损毁南方的平衡
is sickening the balance of the Southland.
现在…
Now…
我在竞选时 承诺要为阿♥拉♥巴马州发声
I pledged to stand up for Alabama when I campaigned
人们为了这个承诺而选了我
and the people elected me on that pledge,
这正是我要做的
and that is exactly what I intend to do.
约翰逊总统会退缩
Johnson’ll flinch.
我好累 拉尔夫
I’m tired, Ralphy.
这一切都使我疲惫
Tiring of this.
明确自己的目标就好 马丁
Eyes on the prize, Martin.
是啊 但我们的目标呢
Yeah, but what is the prize, friend?
我们抗争 为了在餐馆入座的自♥由♥
We fight to have a seat at whatever table we want.
可这对黑人有什么帮助呢 如果他连买♥♥汉堡的钱都没有
How does it help a black man to be able to eat at a lunch counter
那允许坐下吃 又有什么意义呢
if he doesn’t earn enough to buy the burger?
甚至更坏的情况是
Or worse yet, can’t even…
他连菜单都看不懂
Can’t even read the menu
因为他的家乡没有黑人的学校
’cause there was no Negro school where he’s from.
这是什么
What is that?
是平等吗
That equality?
阿门
Amen.
以及我们内心的想法呢
And what about in our minds?
黑人内心想法上的平等 看看这些人
Equality in the black psyche. Look at these men.
一代又一代地 遭到打♥压♥
Beaten and broken down for generations.
现在突然决定要更多的权利了
Deciding to demand more?
有人站出来说”我受够了” 要怎么办
What happens when a man stands up and says enough is enough?
看看麦德加
Look at Medgar.
麦德加·埃弗斯 黑人♥民♥权活动家
在自家车道上被杀害
Murdered the man in his own driveway.
妻子孩子还正在屋里
Kids and wife right there inside the house.
乔治·李 赫伯特·李 拉马尔·史密斯
George and Herbert Lee, Lamar Smith.
均为黑人♥民♥权活动家
一个人站起来 就会被打倒
A man stands up, only to be struck down.
那他领导的这些人呢
And what happens to the people he led?
我们到底在做什么 拉尔夫
What are we doing, Ralphy?
我们一点一点争取
We take it piece by piece.
一直以来都是如此
Like we been doing.
我们尽可能地铺就一条道路
We build the path as we can.
一块块石头垒起来
Rock by rock.
这牢房♥很可能被窃听了
This cell is probably bugged.
很有可能
It probably is.
噢 上帝啊
Oh, Lord.
他们要毁了我 这样好毁了整场民权运动
They’re gonna ruin me so they can ruin this movement.
是啊
They are.
“你们看那天上的飞鸟”
“Look at the birds of the air,
“也不种 也不收 也不积蓄在仓里”
“that they do not sow, nor reap, nor gather into barns,
“你们的天父尚且养活它们”
“and yet your Heavenly Father doth feed them.
“你们不比飞鸟贵重得多么”
“Are you not worth much more than they?
“你们哪一个能用思虑”
“And who of you by being worried
“使寿命增加一刻呢”
“can add a single hour to his life?”
马太福音6 27节
Matthew 6, verse 27.
没错
All right.

Yes, sir.
什么 你哪里听来的
What? Where did you hear that?
他们说起 我恰好听到 他今天晚上会过来
I overheard them talking about him coming in this evening.
听到我们说
Overheard us?
我跟你一样现在才知道 我们没请他来
I’m learning about this just like you. We didn’t do this.
那家伙绝对不能
That Negro can’t be talking about that
跟这里的人们说”不论如何都要”之类的疯话
“by any means necessary” madness with these people.
这会让大家情绪爆♥炸♥
They about to bust as it is.
他正在过来的路上 是吗
He’s on his way here, right?
我们得赶紧想想办法 现在赶紧
So we gotta figure this out. Right and fast.
噢 他可不是在路上 他已经到了
He ain’t on his way. He here.
马尔科姆·X
该死
Holy shit.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
我只是希望自己有更多时间准备
I wish I had more time to prepare is all.
不论何时我都希望能这样做
I want to do this kind of thing whenever possible.
但我做得还不够多 感觉不太自在
But I don’t get to do it enough to feel entirely comfortable.
我喜欢做好充足的准备
I prefer to be prepared.
是 这个我明白
Yes, I understand that.
我很崇敬你 真的
I admire you. I do.
有时候我希望自己能更多地来战场上
Sometimes I wish I were more out there in the trenches.
你所做的一切比自己知道的要多得多 金太太
You do more than you know, Mrs. King.
告诉你 我心中坚信的真理吧
I’ll tell you what I know to be true.
在我感觉不确定时 它能帮助我
It helps me in times when I’m feeling unsure.
如果你想听的话
If you’d like.
噢 请讲 博因顿夫人
Please do, Mrs. Boynton.
我知道 我们是伟大族裔的后人
I know that we are descendants of a mighty people,
是他们赋予世界文明
who gave civilization to the world.
他们在奴隶船上存活下来
People who survived the hulls of slave ships
漂过茫茫大海
across vast oceans.
他们富有创造力 富有爱心
People who innovate and create and love
尽管遭到无法想象的镇♥压♥和折磨
despite pressures and tortures unimaginable.
这些都流淌在我们的血液里
They are in our bloodstream.
每一秒都在激励我们的心跳
Pumping our hearts every second.
这些已经让你准备充分了
They’ve prepared you.
你已经准备好了
You are already prepared.
金夫人 我绝无不尊重的意思
Mrs. King, I mean no disrespect.
科瑞·金在塞尔玛会见黑人激进分子马尔科姆·X
我是抱着对你丈夫极大的尊敬而来的
I come with great respect for your husband.
下午3点46分备案
我身后已经没有军队了
I have no army behind me anymore.
只有我本人和真理
I have myself and the truth.
今天的我 只有这些
That is all I stand on today.
你过去的确说过不尊重的话 牧师
You’ve said disrespectful things in the past, Minister.
所以你也明白 为何今晚这里会有忧虑
So you’ll understand why there is some alarm here tonight.
是 这个我明白
I do. I understand that.
你的丈夫和我 意见不完全相符
Your husband and I, we do not see exactly eye-to-eye
关于如何争取黑人的权利
on how to achieve progress for the black man.
没错 我的确说过批判非暴♥力♥的话
And yes, I have been piercing in my critiques of non-violence.
但 我们不互相认同 金夫人
But because we don’t agree, Mrs. King,
不代表我就是敌人
does not mean that I’m the enemy.
那你想对这些群众说什么呢
What do you intend to say to these people then, sir?
我们在这里做了很多工作
A lot of work has been done here,
我不希望这些努力因为今晚白费
and I don’t intend to see it undone tonight.
这么说吧 我现在看事情有了新的角度
Let’s just say, my eyes see in a new way.
但这里本地的警长 他不知道
But your local sheriff here? He doesn’t know that.
所以 让我做你丈夫的替代者
So allow me to be the alternative to your husband.
我来当那个把他们吓坏的人
The alternative that scares them so much
他们就会反过去求金博士帮忙
they turn to Dr. King in refuge.
金夫人 让我在这里
Let my being here, Mrs. King, represent the factions
告诉他们 如果不赶紧同意好牧师的要求
that will come if they don’t give the good reverend
会有如何的结果
what he’s asking for and soon.
你知道他以前都说过我们什么吗 科瑞塔
Do you know what he has said about us in the past, Coretta?
说我们是”无知的黑人牧师”
He called us “ignorant Negro preachers.”
说我是现代的汤姆叔叔
Called me a modern day Uncle Tom.
在全国性的电视节目中说 白人付给我钱
Said on national television that the white man pays me
让我维持黑人们不作抗争
to keep Negroes defenseless.
白人付我钱
The white man pays me!
你怎么允许
How could you allow it?
这次不一样的 马丁 你听我说
It wasn’t like that this time, Martin. I’m telling you…
他提到自己以前说过的话
He spoke with some of the words he’s used before,
但那些不是针对你
but it wasn’t aimed at you.
他是…
It was…
其实他更想帮我们
It had more to do with helping us.
不是说你就需要他来帮忙了 我只是告诉你事情是这样的
Not that you need his help. I’m just telling you how it was.
这次运动 我们的运动
This movement, our movement,
才是真正有所成效的
has been the one that has moved the needle.
我们的运动 改变了法律和每个人的日常生活
Our movement changes laws and day-to-day life for our people.
而他取得了什么改变
But what has he changed?
切切实实的改变
Actually changed?
你听上去不像你自己了 听起来很累
You don’t sound like yourself. You sound tired.
你听上去像是迷上他了
And you sound enamored.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章完美音调
下一篇文章X射线营地
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!