我们需要联邦协议
And we want Federal protocol eliminating
消除这长达几十年的
the decades-long dismissal
非法拒绝黑人投票的行为
and illegal denial of blacks seeking to vote.
并且我们要求本协议得到坚决执行
And we want robust enforcement of that protocol.
这个…可以
Well… That’s fine.
但是 南方大多数州仍旧没有废除种族隔离
But… Most of the South is still not desegregating.
一场战役还未结束 就先别急着打响另一场
Let’s not start another battle when we haven’t even won the first.
而且你知道接下来会是什么吗
And you know what the next battle should be?
根除贫困
The eradication of poverty.
我称之为”贫困之战”
I’m calling it “The War on Poverty.”
这事关政策的先后顺序
It’s a matter of political priorities.
贫困问题将会是我的重点
Poverty is going to be my focus at home
还需要你的多多帮忙
and I want you to help me with this.
我们可以给所有肤色的人
We can make big changes in these things
带来巨大的改变
for people of all colors.
我知道 这对你来说也意义非凡 对吧
And I know that matters to you, doesn’t it?
选举权的事只能先等等了
This voting thing is just gonna have to wait.
选举权…
It…
选举权的事等不得 总统先生
It can’t wait, Mr. President.
为什么
Well, why not?
因为在南方 已经有几千起
Because there have been thousands
出于种族动机的谋杀
of racially motivated murders in the South,
包括那四个小女孩
including those four girls.
这个我知道
Well, I know that…
并且 惊人的事实是
And you know the astounding fact
这些为所欲为的谋杀犯 没有一个
that not one of these criminals who murder us when and why they want
被定过罪
has ever been convicted.
是 我知道在南方我们还有许多工作要做
Yeah, I know we have a lot of work to do down there.
没有一个罪犯被定罪
Not one conviction
因为他们得到了白人官员的保护
because they are protected by white officials
白人官员全部由白人选出
chosen by an all-white electorate.
就算万一 他们要接受审判
And on the rare occasions that they face trial,
也会被全是白人构成的陪审团无罪释放
they are freed by all-white juries.
陪审团全是白人 是因为如果你没有登记选举
All-white because you can’t serve on a jury
就不能被选为陪审团成员
unless you are registered to vote.
金博士 这个问题我的确需要好好考虑
Well, Dr. King, you’ve certainly given me something to think about.
但本届政♥府♥会把这个问题暂时放一放
But this administration is going to set this aside for a while.
就一阵子 你会理解吧
Just for a while, you understand.
总统先生 我知道了
Yes, Mr. President, I… I understand.
定了 去塞尔玛
Selma it is.
今晚给大家准备了一大篇演讲吧 博士
Big speech lined up for these folks tonight, Doc?
我们先要熟悉一下环境 大个子
We need to see what’s what first, Big Fellow.
来这只是想做点新的尝试
We’re just here to test the waters.
噢天哪 你都把我们拉到什么事情里了
Oh, my Lord. What you got us into, woman?
还有128英里的路来考虑清楚啊 先生们
We’ve got 128 miles to come to our senses, gentlemen.

Hush.
这地方正是需要我们来的
This here is the place we need to be.
下一场伟大战役就会在这里打响
This right here is the next great battle.
那是自然 我完全同意
I can only imagine.
如果要死在这里 看上去倒也蛮体面
Decent-looking place to die though.
金抵达阿♥拉♥巴马州塞尔玛 同行有阿伯纳西 扬 奥兰吉
以及女抗♥议♥者 戴安·纳什 上午10点12分备案
纳什女士
Ms. Nash.
贝维尔先生
Mr. Bevel.
博士 就是这里了 塞尔玛
Doc? This here is it. Selma’s the place.
这里的人们已经打好了基础
A lot of groundwork has already been laid by the people here.
他们准备好了
And they ready.
-博因顿修女 -奥兰吉先生
-Sister Boynton. -Mr. Orange.
下午好
Good afternoon.
金博士
Dr. King?
我能自我介绍一下吗
May I introduce myself?
当然
Yeah, of course.

Hey!
没关系 我没事
It’s okay. It’s okay. I’m okay.
这边走 金博士
This way, Dr. King.
这白人小子够能打啊
That white boy can hit.
这个地方完美极了
This place is perfect.
联邦调查局目前对马丁·路德·金掌握了什么信息
What’s the FBI’s current information on Martin Luther King?
我听说他在塞尔玛被打了
I heard he was assaulted in Selma.
我掌握的信息可以用几个字总结
My information can be summed up in a few words.
金在政♥治♥上和道德上都十分败坏
King is a political and moral degenerate.
J·埃德加 你可以这么说 但我必须严肃对待
Well, you say that, J. Edgar. I have to take it seriously.
就算他很败坏 我只知道
But if he’s a degenerate, what I do know is,
他是非暴♥力♥的败坏
he’s a non-violent degenerate.
我希望由他继续领导民权运动
And I want him to go on leading the civil rights movement,
不能是那些暴♥力♥极端分子
not one of these bloodthirsty militants.
我现在需要知道的是 他下一步打算做什么
What I need to know right now is what’s he about to do next?
总统先生
Mr. President,
你知道 我们可以通过断电
you know we can shut men with power down
彻底 完全地令他们罢手
permanently and unequivocally.
这个我很清楚 局长先生
I’m very aware of that, Mr. Director.
如果您想换个手段
Well, if you prefer a different approach,
我们可以从他老婆下手
we can go with the wife.
我们知道他的家庭关系已经开始紧张了
We know there’s tension in the home already.
我们可以动摇夫妻间的关系
We can weaken the dynamic.
拆散他的家庭
Dismantle the family.
金回到阿♥拉♥巴马州的家中
科瑞·金和孩子们都在家 下午1点24分备案

Hello.
你的时间不多了
You ain’t got long.
当你的那些小黑鬼们全都玩完以后…
When the hearts of those Pickaninnies of yours stop beating…
还是一样的东西
Same thing?
你们什么时候出发
When are you all heading out?
我们清晨5点出发回塞尔玛
We’re heading back to Selma at 5:00 a.m.
那里是挺理想的集结地
It turned out to be an ideal staging ground.
接下来两周都已经安排满了
There’s a full couple of weeks planned.
很多事要做
Quite a bit to be done.
我知道了
I see.
那条高速路修好了 两小时就能到
That highway is nice now. Get you there in a couple of hours.
而且那边的人们都很善良
Good people in those parts though.
这个
Well…
我担心的是那些不是很好的人
I’m worried about the ones who ain’t so good.
当地警长吉姆·克拉克就很令人头疼
This local Sheriff Jim Clark is supposed to be bad business.
据说只要他出现 就必然有冲突
Won’t go down without a fight, they say.
并且因为我们不动粗
And since we don’t fight…
这样的话
Well…
死在那里 和死在别处 都是一样吧
As good a place to die as any, I guess.
希望你不要再这样说了
I wish you wouldn’t talk like that.
这样说能感觉轻松点吧
It just takes the edge off.
你和你的朋友们可以拿这个开玩笑
You and your friends can joke about that.
我可不会
I don’t joke about that.
你说得对 对不起
You’re right. I’m sorry.
那我现在把这些放你包里去
I’ll put these things away in your bag now.
我都不知道你要这么早出发
I didn’t realize you were leaving so early.

Hello?
哈莉
Halie?
马丁
Martin.
我需要听听上帝的声音
I need to hear the Lord’s voice.
没问题 马丁
Surely, Martin. Surely.
珍贵的主
Precious Lord
牵我的手
Take my hand
带我回家
Lead me home
使我伫立
Let me stand
我很累
I am tired
很虚弱
I am weak
筋疲力尽
I am worn
金从亚特兰大家中打电♥话♥给黑人女歌♥手
玛哈丽雅·杰克逊 晚上9点07分备案
穿过风暴
Through the storm
经过黑夜
Through the night
主 请带领我
Lord, lead me on
去光明中
To the light
-嘿 -嘿
-Hey! -Hey!

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章完美音调
下一篇文章X射线营地
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!