-萨利 -瞧瞧你
-Sully. -Look at you.
-早上好 博士 -早上好 博士
-Morning, Doctor. -Good morning, Doctor.
-路上还顺利吗 -旅途漫漫啊 但不错
-Drive all right? -Good and long.
好消息是 里奇·简已经来了
Good news is Richie Jean is in there.
她准备好见你了
Oh, she’s ready for you.
黑小子 你要说的就这些
Negro, that’s all you had to say.
马蒂叔叔
Uncle Marty!
瞧瞧你 我的小姑娘
There she is! There’s our girl!
嘿 里奇·简
Hey, Richie Jean!
-长得真像妈妈 -去玩吧
-Looking like her mom. -You go play.
-嘿 -嘿 拉尔夫
-Hey! -Hey, Ralphy.
-你好吗 -嘿
-How you doing? -Hey!
很高兴见到你 亲爱的
Good to see you, sweetheart.
嘿 过来这边
Hey, come over here.
噢 看到这个更高兴嘛
Oh, Lord, it’s good to see this!
炉子上在煮粗磨玉米粒了
Okay, now, I’ve got the grits on the stove.
今天大概有多少人来
How many we expecting today?
杰克逊修女
Well, now, Sister Jackson.
你知道我们的团体SCLC对吧
You know about our group, the SCLC, right?
南方基♥督♥教领导会议组织
The Southern Christian Leadership Conference?
几个SCLC高层领导这次也来了
A few of our top SCLC leaders are with us this time
因为我们应该要比预计呆得久些
since we’re going to be here a little longer than expected.
这位是C.T.维维安牧师
Now, this here’s Reverend C.T. Vivian.
他负责组织会议所有的分支
He coordinates all the SCLC branches.
欢迎 很高兴见到你们 欢迎
Welcome. Nice to meet you. Welcome, welcome.
这位是詹姆斯·贝维尔牧师
This is Reverend James Bevel.
-夫人 您好吗 -我很好 谢谢
-How you doing, ma’am? -I’m well. Thank you.
这位是詹姆斯·奥兰吉
This here is James Orange.
这位是个大个子啊
Oh, this is a big one.
我不知道有没有足够的东西给你吃
I don’t know if I’ve got enough to feed you.
我们会知道的
Well, let’s find out. How about that?

Hey!
现在有两个人都叫詹姆斯
Now, you got two of them named James.
你可以叫我吉姆 修女
Oh, you can call me Jim, Sister.
叫我奥兰吉就可以 夫人
And Orange is fine with me, ma’am.
或者大个子
Or Big Fellow!
好吧 叫什么都行
All right. Well, this is fine with me.
杰克逊夫人 我是侯西亚·威廉姆斯
Mrs. Jackson. Hosea Williams.
或者卡斯特罗
Or Castro!
这个外号♥说来话长了
Oh, yeah, that’s a long story.
这玉米需要搅一搅了 我来吧
Those grits, they need some stirring. Mind?
你这就说错话了吧
You put your foot in it now.
你不是在节食的吗
Ain’t you supposed to be on a diet?
谁给胡安妮塔打个电♥话♥
Somebody call Juanita.
-那有电♥话♥ -嘿 把电♥话♥放下
-There’s a phone! -Hey, get off that phone.
胡安妮塔
Juanita?
别这样 别这样…
Don’t do it, Doc. Don’t do it…
我去睡了 金博士 你还好吧
Turning in, Doc. You okay?
挺好 晚安
Yes, sir. Good night to you.
想让你知道 学生们进城来了
I wanted to tell you that the students are in town.
本地的学生
Local students?
不是
Oh, no.
是学生非暴♥力♥协调委员会的
The Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee.
好 是我们在SNCC的年轻朋友们啊
Okay. Our young friends at SNCC.
很好
Good to know.
是你让他们好好组织的
You the one told them to organize.
这话把他们惹恼了
Took it to heart.
如果明天他们来势汹汹 你也别太吃惊
Don’t be surprised if they don’t give us grief tomorrow.
居民们可能会很高兴我们来这 但SNCC
Town folk may be happy to see us. But SNCC?
他们觉得我们来霸占他们的地盘了
They feel we’re in their territory.
他们年轻气盛
They’re young and full of spirit.
不是坏事
Not a bad thing.
会解决的
It’ll sort out.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
“抵♥制♥蒙哥马利的公交车”
“Boycotting the buses in Montgomery.
“伯明翰的种族隔离事件”
“Segregation in Birmingham.”
抵♥制♥蒙哥马利的公交车
Boycotting the buses in Montgomery.
伯明翰的种族隔离事件
Segregation in Birmingham.
现在呢 是塞尔玛的选举权
Now? Voting in Selma.
一场抗争结束后 是一场又一场抗争的开始
One struggle ends just to go right to the next and the next.
这么想的话 前路十分艰辛
If you think of it that way, it’s a hard road.
但我不这么想
But I don’t think of it that way.
我认为 这些付出是一个整体
I think of these efforts as one effort.
这个付出是为了我们人生
And that one effort is for our life.
我们所有人 作为一个共同体 作为一个国家
Our life as a community. Our life as a nation.
为了我们的人生
For our lives.
我们能做到
We can do this.
我们必须这样做
We must do this!
我们看到 孩子们
We see children
成为了最恶毒的
become victims of one of the most vicious crimes
反♥人♥类♥罪行的受害者 死在自己的教堂内
ever perpetrated against humanity within the walls of their own church!
她们已化作天使
They are sainted now.
是我们寻求自♥由♥的保护天使
They are the sainted ones in this quest for freedom.
仍旧会对我们说话
And they speak to us still.
她们告诉我们 所有的人 不论肤色和信仰
They say to us, to all of us, all colors and creeds,
说 我们必须这样做
that we must do this.
她们说 塞尔玛超过半数是黑人
They say to us that it is unacceptable
而不到2%的黑人拥有选举权
for more than 50% of Selma to be Negro
这是无法接受的
and yet less than 2% of Negroes here being able to vote
作为人类 他们无法决定自己的命运
and determine their own destiny as human beings.
她们说 本地的白人领导阶层
They say to us that the local white leadership
利用职权 阻挠黑人参与选举
use their power to keep us away from the ballot box
使我们无法发声
and keep us voiceless.
只要我仍旧无法享有宪法赋予的选举权
As long as I am unable to exercise my constitutional right to vote,
我就无法掌控自己的人生
I do not have command of my own life.
我不能为自己的命运作决定 因为它已被他人决定好
I cannot determine my own destiny for it is determined for me
被那些希望看到我痛苦而不是成功的人决定
by people who would rather see me suffer than succeed.
那些先我们而去的人说”到此为止”
Those that have gone before us say, “No more!”
到此为止 到此为止
No more! No more!
到此为止
No more!
所以我们要抗♥议♥ 要游♥行♥
That means protest, that means march,
要扰乱现有的宁静 要进监狱
that means disturb the peace, that means jail,
这是有风险的 绝非易事
that means risk! And that is hard!
我们不会再等了
We will not wait any longer.
给我们选举权
Give us the vote!
没错 到此为止了
That’s right! No more!
我们不是请求 我们是要求
We’re not asking. We’re demanding.
给我们选举权
Give us the vote!
给我们选举权
Give us the vote!
金与SCLC煽动了本地的黑人
大约700人到会 下午6点22分备案
金博士 我是纽♥约♥时♥报♥的罗伊·里德
Dr. King. Roy Reed of The New York Times.
噢 你好吗
Yes. Hello to you. How are you?
我很好 多谢您关心
I’m well, sir. Thank you for asking.
金博士 你现在鼓励暴♥力♥行为
Dr. King, are you truly non-violent
请问你是否真的是非暴♥力♥的
if you are provoking violence, sir?
我们在这里 用自己的肉身发出抗♥议♥
We are here, using our very bodies in protest
-向那些反对者们…-金博士 金博士
-to say to those who deny us… -Dr. King. Dr. King.
幸会
Pleasure, sir.
我们不会再容忍♥他们在执法机构或是
…that we will no longer let them use their billy clubs
黑暗的角落里使用警棍
in dark corners and halls of power.
我们这是让他们在光天化日下这么做 里德先生
We make them do it in the glaring light of day, Mr. Reed.
这事 SNCC到底支不支持我们
Is SNCC standing with us on this or not, gentlemen?
你们想要我们参与
You want us to bring our people in,
却不做什么来回报
but you’re not giving anything in return.
我们需要承诺
Now we are asking for some kind of commitment here.
而且 当然地
Respectfully speaking, of course,
我们负责这里的选民登记事件
we’ve been handling the voter registration
已经有两年了
in this town now for two years.
你们也没什么进展不是吗
Well, you haven’t gotten very far, have you?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章完美音调
下一篇文章X射线营地
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!