the fruits of all this work. I know you do.
我只是请求你同意我们来帮忙
I’m just asking you to allow us to help you do that.
我和其他人没有不同
I’m no different than anybody else.
我也想长寿 过得幸福
I want to live long and be happy.
但今天的重点不是自己想要什么
But I’ll not be focusing on what I want today.
我遵从的是上帝的意愿
I’m focused on what God wants.
我们走到今天 是有原因的 穿过了重重风暴
We’re here for a reason, through many, many storms.
但今天 阳光普照 我站在这温暖的阳光里
But, today, the sun is shining, and I’m about to stand in its warmth
身边是许多热爱自♥由♥的人们
alongside a lot of freedom-loving people
他们的努力 让我们走到这里
who worked hard to get us here.
或许在以后所有阳光灿烂的日子 我无法都站在他们身边
I may not be with them for all the sunny days to come,
但只要他们面前有光明
but as long as there is light ahead for them,
对我来说就是值得的
it’s worth it to me.
谢谢你 约翰
Thank you, John.
他们说 我们肯定无法成功
We heard them say we’d never make it here.
他们说 会用尽最后一口气阻止我们
We heard them say they’d stop us, if it was the last thing they did.
他们说 我们不配来这里
We heard them say we don’t deserve to be here.
但今天 我们以美国人的身份站在这里
But today, we stand as Americans.
我们在这里
We are here,
不会让任何人阻止
and we ain’t gonna let nobody turn us around.
这次伟大的游♥行♥
This mighty march,
会是有史以来
which will be counted as one of the greatest
最伟大的抗♥议♥示♥威♥之一
demonstrations of protest and progress,
终点设在这里 阿♥拉♥巴马州的国会大厦
ends here in the Capitol of Alabama
是有重要目的的
for a vital purpose.
我们抗争的不仅仅是自♥由♥选择座位的权利
We have not fought only for the right to sit where we please
自♥由♥选择学校的权利
and go to school where we please.
我们今天争取的 不仅仅是选举自♥由♥
We do not only strive here today to vote as we please.
我们的坚持
But with our commitment,
每天都在产生新的能量
we give birth each day to a new energy
来战胜反对的声音
that is stronger than our strongest opposition.
我们用所有的力气 拥抱这新的能量
And we embrace this new energy so boldly,
热情洋溢地展示它
embody it so fervently,
它反射的光芒会照亮无尽的黑暗
that its reflection illuminates a great darkness.
社会篡改了人的本性
Our society has distorted who we are.
从奴隶制到重建时期
From slavery to the Reconstruction
到现在我们所处的悬崖边缘
to the precipice at which we now stand,
我们一直看到 有权势的白人统治着世界
we have seen powerful white men rule the world
并用恶毒的谎言把穷苦的白人平息下去
while offering poor white men a vicious lie as placation.
所以当穷苦白人的孩子们
And when the poor white man’s children
哭嚷着自己饿肚子了
wail with a hunger that cannot be satisfied,
当权者会拿同样的谎言搪塞
he feeds them that same vicious lie.
这个谎言说道
A lie whispering to them
不管他们的生活状况如何
that regardless of their lot in life,
至少他们是白人
they can at least be triumphant in the knowledge
比黑人就是优越
that their whiteness makes them superior to blackness.
但我们了解事实真♥相♥
But we know the truth.
我们了解真♥相♥ 并且我们会朝着真♥相♥前进
We know the truth, and we will go forward to that truth,
卡格·李 家族中第一个注册选举的 在84岁这一年
朝着自♥由♥前进
to freedom.
没人可以阻止
We will not be stopped.
安德鲁·扬 由总统卡特任命为联♥合♥国♥大使 之前他在国会连任三届
之后连任两次亚特兰大市长
我们会为了自己的权利游♥行♥
We will march for our rights.
我们游♥行♥ 要求完整的公民权利
We will march to demand treatment as full citizens.
我们游♥行♥ 直到邪恶和黑暗
We will march until the viciousness and the darkness
让道给正义的光明
gives way to the light of righteousness.
约翰·刘易斯 任佐治亚州第五区国会议员达28年
没有人和秘密
No man, no myth,
及沮丧 能阻止这次运动
no malaise will stop this movement.
我们不允许 因为我们知道 就是这黑暗
We forbid it. For we know that it is this darkness
杀死了我们之中最善良的人 杀死了善良
that murders the best in us and the best of us.
乔治·华♥莱♥士♥ 竞选总统四次均失败告终
1972年遭到暗♥杀♥ 终生瘫痪
不论是吉米·李·杰克逊 还是詹姆斯·瑞布
Whether Jimmie Lee Jackson or James Reeb,
吉姆·克拉克 在下一次选举因黑人的投票打败 再未出任过警长
还是四个无辜的女孩
or four blameless little girls
他们的生命还未开始就被结束
struck down before they had even begun.
维奥拉·鲁佐 演讲五小时后 她开车载游♥行♥者回塞尔玛时 遭3K党杀害
你们也许会问 这黑暗何时才会结束
You may ask, when will we be free of this darkness?
今天在此我要说 我的兄弟姐♥妹♥们♥
I say to you today, my brothers and sisters,
尽管要经历痛苦和泪水
despite the pain, despite the tears,
科瑞塔·斯科特·金 成立了马丁路德金中心
并成功取得了纪念金的国定假日 她一生未再婚
自♥由♥很快就会到来
our freedom will soon be upon us.
因为”被打倒的真♥相♥会重新站起来”
For “truth crushed to earth will rise again.”
我们什么时候才能获得自♥由♥
When will we be free?
快了 很快了
Soon, and very soon.
五个月后 林登·约翰逊签署了《1965选举法案》
马丁·路德·金在其身旁支持
因为一分耕耘一分收获
Because you shall reap what you sow.
我们什么时候才能获得自♥由♥
When will we be free?
快了 很快了
Soon, and very soon.
马丁·路德·金 遵从非暴♥力♥的方式 领导美国民权运动13年
于1968年遭暗♥杀♥身亡
因为没有哪个谎言会永远存在
Because no lie can live forever.
时年39岁
我们什么时候才能获得自♥由♥
When will we be free?
快了 很快了
Soon, and very soon
因为”我的眼睛看到了”
because “Mine eyes have seen
《共和国战歌♥》
“上帝降临的荣光”
“the glory of the coming of the Lord.
“他在踏尽含忿怒的”
“He is trampling out the vintage
“一切不良葡萄种”
“where the grapes of wrath are stored.
“他抽出他的怒剑”
“He hath loosed the fateful lightning
“发出雷电声隆隆”
“of his terrible swift sword.
“他的真理正前行”
“His truth is marching on.
“荣耀 哈利路亚”
“Glory! Hallelujah!
“他的真理正前行”
“His truth is marching on.”

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章完美音调
下一篇文章X射线营地
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!