And you tell King he best not march, you hear me?
要么金不游♥行♥ 并且华♥莱♥士♥罢手
Either King stops and Wallace stops,
不然我会让他们俩都动不了
or I’ll stop ’em both.
我奉总统的命令而来 意图是做出和解
I’m here on the President’s order to try and make this work.
请合作
Please work with me.
所以 我们不游♥行♥了 那你们…
So we give up the march and you…
会怎样
You give what?
我们请求联邦的保护
We asked for federal protection.
没有失敬的意思
And with no disrespect,
但在塞尔玛派出的
but when the Assistant Attorney General
最高级联邦官员只是助理检察长
is the highest-ranking federal official in Selma,
我们已经有答案了
we have our answer.
且这个答案不是我们想要的
And it’s not the one we want.
我提议 你可以找华♥莱♥士♥州长
Might I suggest that you speak with Governor Wallace
或者克拉克警长 让他们不要使用暴♥力♥
and Sheriff Clark and urge them against violence
而不是在这里阻止我们和平的游♥行♥
instead of trying to persuade us not to have a peaceful protest?
或许我们可以做个交易
Maybe we can make a deal.
如果我
What if I
能保证政♥府♥会支持
could assure you that the administration
晚一些再游♥行♥
would endorse a later march
假如你们可以取消明天的
if tomorrow is called off?
你知道吗 他比你想象得
You know what? He’s closer than you may think
要更支持这件事
to coming around on this issue.
我认为这个妥协还是可以接受的
I believe this compromise might be agreeable.
多尔先生
Mr. Doar?
几千人已经聚集于此 要表达自己的尊严
Thousands have gathered here to demonstrate their dignity.
我不是想挑战约翰逊法官
I don’t want to challenge Judge Johnson.
也不想和总统对着干 这一切都不是我想看到的
I don’t want to go against the President. I don’t want any of this.
总统只要一个指令就能停止这一切
The President could stop this with a stroke of his pen.
是他选择不这么做的
He chooses not to.
做决定的是你们
The decision is with your side, sir,
不是我们
not ours.
很高兴见到你 神父
Good to see you, Father. Good to see you.
多谢你能来
Thank you for coming. Thank you for coming out.
你好 很高兴见到你
Hello, sister. Good to see you this afternoon.
噢 你来了
You came.
你征召了 我们就来了 我的朋友
You called and we came, my friend.
你不是孤单一人的
You are not alone, my friend.
欢迎 欢迎
Welcome, welcome.
-嗨 你叫什么名字 -苏珊
-Hi, what’s your name? -Susan.
嗨 我叫维奥拉 欢迎来塞尔玛
Hi, I’m Viola. Welcome to Selma.
-夫人 我很好 你呢 -我很好 谢谢
-Yes, ma’am, I’m good. How are you? -Fine, thank you.
这位先生 请问你叫什么名字 从哪里来
What is your name and where are you from, sir?
我叫詹姆斯·瑞布 从波士顿来
My name is James Reeb. I’ve come from Boston.
瑞布先生 你为什么远道而来这里
Tell me, why have you traveled here, Mr. Reeb?
我听说无辜的人们遭到了袭击
I heard about the attack of innocent people
他们只是在争取自己的权利
who just want their rights,
当金博士发出那个号♥召 我无法坐视不管
and I couldn’t just stand by when Dr. King put out that call to clergy.
我无法坐视
I couldn’t.
总统不希望我们今天游♥行♥
The President doesn’t want us to march today.
法庭也不希望我们今天游♥行♥
The courts don’t want us to march.
但我们必须游♥行♥
But we must march.

Yeah!
-我们必须站起来 -是
-We must stand up. -Yeah!
为了信念 我们必须大规模示♥威♥
We must make a massive demonstration of our moral certainty.
我很高兴 今天我们聚集于此
I’m so glad we’re here together today.
感谢你们能站出来
I thank you for standing up.
因为我们的请求会获得成功
For we shall be victorious in our quest.
我们会手拉手迈过终点线
We shall cross the finish line hand in hand.
我们会战胜一切困难
For we shall overcome. All right.
金违背华♥莱♥士♥的指令领导游♥行♥ 现场有教士
其中三分之一是白人 上午9点35分备案
州警们 撤退
Troopers, withdraw!
我的看法是 发生上次的事情之后
My point is, after what happened the last time,
如果感觉事情不对了 我们就不继续了 就这样
if it don’t feel right, we don’t do it. That’s my point.
这个问题我们已经讨论了几个小时了
We’ve been going round and round on this for hours,
不可否认的事实是
and nothing’s gonna change the fact that
这是金博士的决定 我们必须支持他
it was Doc’s decision and we have to support him.
这是很多人的运动 不是一个人的
This is a movement of many, not of one.
所以我们做出的决定必须对大多数人要好
So any choice we make has to be right for many.
戴安 你也知道
Come on, Diane. Now, you know
我不是那个意思
that’s not what I meant by that, all right?
人们很愤怒 金博士
People are angry, Dr. King.
他们回到桥上
Angry. They went back to that bridge
是因为对礼拜天发生的事出离愤怒
because they were hot about Sunday.
那本是我们今天的关键时刻
That was our moment out there today.
就这样被你放弃
And you threw it away.
他们很可能把我们后面的路堵上
They could’ve sealed off the road behind us.
没有食物 水 没有其他支援
No food, water, no kind of support allowed through.
我们10英里都走不了
We wouldn’t have made 10 miles.
你是说 今天是个陷阱
You saying this was a trap?
我也不知道是什么
I don’t know what it was.
那才不是陷阱
That was no trap!
你知道他们为什么会让开路给我们走吗
You know why they opened up the road to us?
因为那些值得敬重的 善良的白人们和我们站在一起
Because all them nice, respectable white folks was with us,
我们应该好好利用的
and we should’ve capitalized on that.
因为他们可不会在这里呆太久 从来都没有过
Because they’re not gonna be around here for long. They never are!
这是马丁的决定 事已至此
It was Martin’s call. It’s done.
那真该死 是他决定错了
He made the wrong goddamn call!
嘿 说话注意点 年轻人
Hey, watch your mouth, young man!
两天前 你完全不想游♥行♥
Two days ago, you didn’t wanna march at all.
现在你这么生气 因为事情没照着你计划的发展
And now you’re mad because it didn’t go the way you planned?
冷静点
Calm down, brother.
所以今天到底怎么回事
Now, what happened out there today?
你必须告诉我们点什么吧
You gotta tell us something. Please.
我宁愿人们不高兴了 去讨厌我
I’d rather people be upset and hate me
而不是流血 牺牲
than be bleeding or dead.
我最爱的科瑞
My dearest Corrie,
在我需要你的时候
at a time when I need you,
却不能给你打电♥话♥
I cannot call you.
对我 对我们 这一切都是我造成的
And I have done this to myself, to us.
时间这么晚了
At this late hour,
我想的都是你
my thoughts are of you
和你所付出的一切
and all you have sacrificed for this struggle.
许多人付出
So many have sacrificed.
许多人牺牲
So many have been lost.
我在想 到底要付出多少生命
I wonder how many must we lose.
一路前行 我祈祷自己能明察 能获得指引
I pray for discernment and guidance as we journey on.
我也祈祷 能重获你对我的信任
I pray, too, that I can justify the faith you once had in me.
我也经常感觉到你提过的浓雾 科瑞
I, too, often feel that heavy fog you spoke of, Corrie.
只有你和我们的家人 能拨开这片雾
Only you and our family clears the haze.
爱你的 马丁
Love, Martin.
他背叛了我们的信任
He betrayed trust.
他呼吁了 我们就来了 但他自己没有兑现自己的话
He called, we came, and he didn’t fulfill his own call.
是啊 但有时候事情不是这么简单
Yeah, but sometimes it’s not that clear-cut.
有时候是出于本能
Sometimes it’s instinctual.
就比如你在传道时
Like when you’re preaching,
就像在飞一样
and you’re just flying.
那个时候 人没有知觉 没有记忆
You know, you’re not on the notes. You’re not on memory.
你心里想的是更高境界的东西 是真理
You’re tapped into what’s higher, what’s true.
上帝在指引你
God is guiding you.
我明白这种感觉 很少见 但我明白
I’ve known that feeling. It’s rare, but I’ve known it.
我想今天在桥上 金博士就有这感觉
I think that’s what happened to Dr. King up there on the bridge today.
他跪下向上帝祈祷 然后得到了答案
He kneeled down, prayed to God and got an answer.
并且有足够的勇气跟着那个答案做
And he was brave enough to follow that answer,
我个人 是不怪他的
and I, for one, don’t fault him for it.
除了他欠我一张回家的巴士票
Except he owes me a bus ticket home.
你知道相比黑鬼 我更讨厌什么吗
You know what I hate more than niggers?
什么
What’s that?
白人黑鬼
White niggers.
我们不想惹麻烦 好吗
Look, we don’t want trouble, okay?
你们来这里就是找麻烦的

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章完美音调
下一篇文章X射线营地
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!