Told you long time ago, Bernard.
我信不过他们
I don’t trust people.
尤其是白人 你记得你说过这句话
Especially white people. I remember.
错了 我说白人和黑人都信不过
No, what I said was white and black.
不同的是 当白人背叛你后
The difference is, when a white person screws you over,
他们可以依赖其他白人另辟门路
they can count on other white folks out there to look the other way.
仅仅是知道这一点 就足以展露出人性最黑暗的一面
And just knowing that brings out the worst in people.
你这么悲观 为什么每天早上还爬得起床呢?
How can you be so pessimistic and still get out the bed in the morning?
即使是被♥操♥纵的游戏也是有趣的 伯纳德
Even a rigged game’s fun to play, Bernard.
(马林第一国立银行)
马修斯坦纳?
Matt Steiner?
没错
Yes.
我是货币监理署的稽查员
I’m an examiner with the office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
有什么可以帮到你吗?
How can I help you?
你好?
Hello?
联邦银行稽查员刚离开我的办公室
A federal bank examiner just left my office.
不是说好下个月的吗?
I thought that wasn’t until next month.
我是指马林银行 不是大♥陆♥银行
No, I meant Marlin, not Mainland.
他说了什么?
What did he say?
他叫我们把总账簿拿出来 他一个小时后回来
To get the master books out. He’s coming back in an hour.
糟了
Shit.
这不可能是个巧合
This can’t be chance.
马修还没准备好
Matt’s not ready.
怎么说呢?
Well, how could he be?
他会犯错的
And he’s gonna get tripped up.
我们不能让这种事发生
We can’t let that happen.
我必须全程在坐在他身边才能避免他犯错
I’d have to be sitting in the room next to him the whole time for it not to happen.
但我不能光明正大地这么做 不是吗?
And I can’t exactly do that, now can I?
但你可以在他附近帮他
Well, you could do something close to it.
一定有其他办法的
There’s gotta be another way.
乔尔不也是穿过司机制♥服♥吗? 难道他觉得光彩吗?
Well, Joe’s not too proud to put on a chauffeur’s uniform.
乔尔是含着金汤匙出生的人
Well, Joe was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
对他来说就像是在玩变装游戏
For him it’s like playing dress-up.
但我不是 我出生在穷♥人♥家
Well, I wasn’t. I was barely born with a spoon.
为了帮你经营事业 我穿这件制♥服♥多少次了?
How many times have I worn this uniform to help this business?
但你是…
You’re…
– 我是个女人 对吗? – 对啊
– A woman? – Yeah.
伯纳德 我爱你
I love you, Bernard.
但你这番话 跟一个白人告诉你
But how is that any different from a white man telling you
身为黑人不要介意尊严遭到践踏
you shouldn’t mind some daily assault on your dignity
有什么分别?
because you’re black?
你之前该抓住机会假扮豪车司机的
Should’ve took limo driver when you had the chance.
帽子会改变我的脸型 我不喜欢
I don’t like what hats do to the shape of my face.
你当真说了一个笑话
You made an actual joke.
这种情况下 我能怎么做?
Well, what else can I do in this situation?
当你领悟到人生是怎么回事时
See, you find out how life really works,
也只能笑 什么也做不了
can’t do nothing but laugh.
你确定不喝咖啡或是其他饮料吗?
You sure you don’t want a coffee or anything?
不用 谢谢
No, thank you.
要不要来一杯冰水?
A cold water maybe?
星期五结束营业时
As of close of business Friday,
逾期超过60天的贷款拖欠率少于5%?
the total number of loans delinquent beyond 60 days was under 5%?

Yes.
准确的百分比是多少?
What was the exact percentage?
3%
3%.
我们在讨论机密消息
We are discussing confidential information.
我相信清洁工人不可能听得懂吧
I’m sure the janitor wouldn’t understand it.
其他人可能听得懂
Someone else might.
请说明这笔交易的来龙去脉
Take me through this transaction.
那是我们收♥购♥的贷款配套 目的是提高贷款与资本比率
That’s a package of loans we bought to increase our loan-to-capital ratio.
他有麻烦了
He’s in trouble.
文字描述我自己能看懂
I can read the description myself.
我只是对这笔相关费用感到好奇
I’m curious about this related charge.
你汇了1♥8♥9♥186.04美元 给国谷抵押贷款公♥司♥
$1♥8♥9♥,186.04 to Valley National Mortgage Company.
这笔汇款没有文字描述
There’s no description for that.
那是经纪人的佣金
It’s a broker’s fee.
十八万九千美元 是九十七万一千美元贷款配套的佣金
$1♥8♥9♥,000 as a finder’s fee for a $971,000 package of loans
而该贷款配套就在休斯顿集♥合♥平台?
sitting in an aggregator’s office in Houston?
好大的一笔佣金
That’s a pretty hefty finder’s fee.
不是很多 19.5% 但也包含预付的咨♥询♥费
No, 19.5%, but that includes payment for future consultation.
这种安排很奇怪
Well, that’s a strange arrangement.
盖瑞特先生和莫瑞斯先生?
Mr. Garrett and Mr. Morris?
你对这二人有何顾虑吗?
Is that something that should concern you?
你不是来查看这家银行合不合法吗?
Aren’t you here to make sure my bank is sound?
好吧 我们就谈贷款吧
Okay, let’s turn to the loans themselves.
你收♥购♥那些贷款付了971213美元
You paid $971,213 for these loans.
你在账簿上也是如此估值的
You have them valued as such on your books.
对 没错
Yes, of course.
告诉我你是用什么方法 给这个账面价值估值的?
Show me the methodology you used to justify that book value.
我有个专家负责此事
I have an expert to do that.
请叫他进来
Bring him in, please.
他今天不在
He’s not in today.
但我可以查看他的文档
But I can check his files.
麻烦你了
Please.
他想要知道 我们给贷款配套估值的具体方法
He wants to know the exact methodology we used to value the loans in the package.

Okay.
注意了
Pay attention.
用的是标准的现值公式
It’s a standard present value equation.
这是个人贷款的按月偿还表
This is an individual loan’s monthly payment schedule.
再把拖欠率的风险考虑进去
Now, adjust that with the risk factor for default.
在德州 平均拖欠率是5%
Standard 5% in Texas.
这是我用的方法
That’s what I used.
撕下来给我
Tear that out for me.
你不能带着那张纸走进办公室
You can’t go in the room with that piece of paper.
上面有伯纳德的笔迹
It’s got Bernard’s handwriting on it.
– 背下来 – 我办不到
– Memorize it. – No, I can’t.
怎么办不到?你的记性很好
Sure you can. You got a great memory.
不行 我太紧张了
No, I’m too nervous.
听好
Hey, listen.
你要是过不了这一关 他就会将这些贷款减记
You fail this test and he’s gonna write down those loans
这会威胁到这家银行的稳定性
and it’ll threaten the stability of the bank.
你的银行
Your bank.
马修 这是你的银行
This is your bank, Matt.
振作起来 出去拯救它
Now, pull it together and go out there and save it.
让我再看一遍
Okay, let me see that one more time.
我找到估值方法了
Okay, I have the methodology.
那个迟点再谈
Put a pin in that.
你不在期间 我发现个人贷款有问题
I found problems with individual loans while you were gone.
我给贷款估价时很保守
I valued those loans conservatively.
我们没做错任何事
We didn’t do anything wrong.
他们要搞垮我们的银行 自然会想出很多办法
They wanna shut us down, they got plenty ways they can do that.
5%的拖欠率?
“5% default rate?
天啊 要是发生旱灾怎么办?
Hell. What if there’s a drought?
你们估测贷款时
You niggers need to value them loans
必须考量到百年一次的大旱灾
assuming there’s gonna be a once-in-a-generation drought.
拖欠率应该是25%
25% default rate for y’all.”
这笔贷款必须取消
This loan’s gonna have to be sold off immediately.
这个也是
And this one.
这个也是
And this one.
怎么了?有什么问题?
Why? Why? What’s wrong with them?
那个贷款是两万一千美元
Well, that loan is for $21,000.
你的资本账户是二十万美元
Your capital account is $200,000.

Okay.
你搞不清楚状况吧?
You don’t understand why that’s a problem, do you?
国民银行法案规定 银行账目上不能有
The National Banking Act specifies that no bank shall have a single loan on the books
单笔金额超出主♥权♥资本10%的贷款
that exceeds 10% of equity capital.
对你而言就是两万美元
Or $20,000 in this case.

Right.
但这个才4000美元
Okay, but this one’s only 4,000.
但贷款期限是25年 这个也是
It’s for a 25-year term. Same with this one.
这种规模的银行 只能提供最高20年的贷款期限
A bank of this size is limited to 20-year terms.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!