You came back to me.
美女 看看你
Girl, look at you.
够了 正经点
Stop it. Behave now.
亲爱的
Honey.
这是谁啊?
Who’s this?
是你一直向我提起的那个叔叔吗?
That uncle you was always talking to me about?
他是我老公
Husband.
你老…什么?
Your hus… What?
等一下
Wait.
我们结婚三年了
Three years.
老兄 恭喜你
Congratulations, man.
你中头奖了
You hit the jackpot.
如果你相信婚姻的话
If you’re the marrying type.
可惜我不信婚姻 要是信的话 我非尤妮丝帕金斯不娶
I’m not, but if I were, can’t do no better than Eunice Perkins.
是“盖瑞特”
Garrett.
很高兴认识你 盖瑞特
Pleased to meet you, Garrett.
不是 我叫伯纳德
No, I’m Bernard.
我听见他说“盖瑞特” 你们听见了吗?
I heard him say “Garrett.” Didn’t you hear him say “Garrett”?
听见了
That’s what I heard.
我只是跟你闹着玩的
I’m just messing with you, man.
要不要喝一杯?
You want a drink?
现在才是午4点
It’s 4:00 p.m.
我知道 你现在喝已经晚了
I know. You’re starting late.
我叫他们准备烈酒
I’ll have ’em make it strong.
杰基 给我兄弟弄一杯烈酒
Jackie, make my man here something strong.
要比一般浓三倍
A triple.
看看能不能让他“软”下来
You know, see if we can blow the stick out of his ass.
你根本没跟他提到你的想法
You did not even talk to him about your idea.
我不可能跟那个人合作
No way am I doing business with that man.
绝不跟他借钱 更不可能跟他合伙
Not for a loan. Especially not as a business partner.
他是个下流之辈
He’s a damn degenerate.
伯纳德 何必呢?
Bernard, please!
我不需要他的帮助
I don’t need his help.
你误会人家了
You have got the wrong idea about him.
是吗?你是这么想的吗?
Really? You think so?
看来刑♥警♥想的跟你不一样
‘Cause the vice squad seems to disagree with you.
傻子 那个人是市长
Well, that’s the mayor, silly.
你要不要找他谈谈?他是乔尔的朋友
Do you wanna meet him? Because he’s friends with Joe.
不要
No.
如果你不想让乔尔投资
If you won’t let Joe invest,
就要想办法让巴克降价
then you are gonna have to make Barker come down on his price.
要价四万美元
Asking price is 40,000.
最多能卖♥♥到三万五千美元
You won’t get a penny over 35.
你打算出价三万五?
You offering 35?
我可以出三万
I can give you 30.
如果能卖♥♥三万五 我为什么要卖♥♥你三万?
Why would I take 30 if I can get 35?
那栋建筑物需要装♥修♥才能升值
Well, the building needs renovations to unlock its value.
租户都住得好好的
It’s been fine for my tenants.
租户只占建筑的一半
Your tenants only occupy half the building.
一旦有了崭新的厨房♥和地板…
But with new kitchens and refinished floors…
就算地板亮得足以看到自己的倒影 租户也不愿意多付房♥租
My tenants won’t pay more even if they can see the reflections in those floors.
但有另一批租客愿意
But another market will.
黑人医生、律师和教师
Black doctors, lawyers, teachers
这群人都想搬出聚集区 之前住在那里都是逼不得已
looking for a place to move outside the ghettos that they’ve been forced into.
从来没有人考虑过这块市场
No one is going after that market.
但我办得到
But I can.
我佩服你的自信
Your confidence is impressive.
但比要价少一万美元 我认为太低了
But 10,000 less than asking is not enough.
等我把单位租出去 我可以补齐你的要价
Once I lease the units, I can give you your full asking price.
就定在…
Let’s say by…
(10月)
June.
…6月
You want me to loan you $10,000 so you can buy my building?
你要我先借你一万美元 买♥♥下我自己的建筑物?
这不叫借贷 而是投资
It’s not a loan. It’s an investment.
明明就是借贷
It’s a loan.
一万美元相当于 一般美国家庭平均年收入的三倍
For more than three times what the average American family make in a year.
– 是2.4倍才对 – 什么?
– Two point four times. – What?
1953年 美国人的平均年收入是4233美元
The average American income in 1953 was $4,233.
十万美元是平均年收入的2.4倍
Ten thousand is 2.4 times the average income.
我欣赏你对创业的热忱
Well, I admire your entrepreneurial gusto,
只是这不符合我做生意的规矩
but it’s not the way I do business.
不好意思
I’m sorry.
(爱德华里德 中市银行代表谨赠)
巴克先生 感谢你抽空见我
Thank you for your time, Mr. Barker.
(中市银行)
Look what just walked in.
看看谁走进来了
Mighty fancy for a colored fella.
一个西装笔挺的黑人
走着瞧
We’ll see.
你好 我叫伯纳德盖瑞特 我想找里德先生
Hi. I’m Bernard Garrett. I’d like to speak with Mr. Reed, please.
抱歉 里德先生出去了 要我帮你传达消息吗?
I’m sorry, Mr. Reed is out. May I take a message?
(爱德华里德)
I have pretty good eyesight and I can clearly read the nameplate on his desk.
我的眼力不错 可以看清他桌上的名牌
抱歉 是我说错了
I’m sorry. I misspoke.
里德先生没空见你
Mr. Reed can’t meet with you right now.
但我可以帮你留言
But I could take a message.
不必了 不用留言
No. There’s no message.
谢谢你
Thank you.
(加州 洛杉矶 南希尔路629号♥)
里德先生
Mr. Reed.
我们认识吗?
Do I know you?
不 但你认识巴克先生
No. But you know Mr. Barker.
我想要贷款买♥♥下他的一栋建筑物
I’d like a loan to buy one of his buildings.
你要进去预约才行
Yeah, you can make an appointment inside, please.
你我都知道我是不会预约成功的
Well, you and I both know I’m not getting an appointment inside.
这笔交易对巴克先生有利无弊
Now, this deal will benefit Mr. Barker.
请你听一听
You should hear me out.
一定会给你叔叔笑话
Your uncle gonna get a good laugh out of this one.
继续找吧 你一定会找到另一栋适合的建筑物
Keep looking. You’re gonna find yourself another building.
是啊
Yeah.
小瓜 起来吧 该睡觉了
Come on. Time for bed, little man.
什么事?
Yes?
伯纳德 有人打来找你
Bernard, there’s a phone call for you.
– 喂? – 盖瑞特先生 我是帕特里克巴克
– Hello? – Mr. Garrett. This is Patrick Barker.
你是不是利用我的名义 去跟中市银行的里德先生贷款?
Did you use my name to try and get a loan from Mr. Reed at Mid City Bank?
如果这是你的说法
Well, in a manner of speaking…
没错
yes.
你认为这么做符合行规吗?
And do you think that follows normal business customs?
如果要讲究行规
If I was following normal business customs,
那我到现在还在德州当擦鞋童
I’d still be a shoeshine boy in Texas, sir.
盖瑞特先生 我不想知道你的履历
I didn’t ask for your biography, Mr. Garrett.
我问你 你认为这么做符合行规吗?
I asked if you thought it followed normal business customs.
– 不符 – 很好
– No. – Good.
至少在这方面我们想法一致
Well, at least we can agree on that.
里德明早要你到银行去签贷款合同
Reed wants to see you at the bank in the morning to sign off on that loan.
你说什么?
Excuse me?
我跟他说了 由我作保
I told him I’d act as guarantor.
你还在听吗?
You still there?
巴克 你为什么这么做?
Why are you doing this, Mr. Barker?
因为行规是用来
Because normal business customs
搞垮你们这种人的 盖瑞特先生
are in place to screw people like you, Mr. Garrett.
你明知道自己处于压倒性的劣势 依然坚持去找里德
You went to see Reed knowing the deck was stacked
说明你对这笔交易信心十足
because you have that much confidence in this deal.
就这点就足以让我了解你了
That tells me all I need to know about you.
你还要不要这笔贷款?
Well, do you want this loan or not?

Yes.
宝贝 有时候你需要退一步 享受自己的成就
Sometimes you need to take a step back and enjoy what you’ve accomplished, baby.
要不要抽一根雪茄?
You like cigars?
我不抽烟
I don’t smoke.
我不会跟你老婆上♥床♥的
I’m not fucking your wife.
你打算向每一桌客人发誓 不跟我老婆上♥床♥吗?
You go to every table in here to reassure your patrons of that?
不会 我会跳过好几桌
No. Might have to skip some of them.
老兄 放轻松
Come on, man. Lighten up.
我不是你想的那种人♥渣♥
I’m not the asshole you think I am.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!