在德州 我们不能进银行 除非是来当下人
We can’t set foot in a bank in Texas unless we’re the help.
我以为那是你最喜欢的部分
I thought that would be your favorite part.
我住在洛杉矶
I live in LA.
没打算搬去德州 难道你有这个打算吗?
I don’t plan on moving to Texas. Do you?
我可以平日待在德州
During the business week.
然后在自己经营的银行里当个清洁工人?
And work as a janitor in a bank you own?
没那个必要
Won’t have to.
马修每天下班后会来找我报告银行业务
Matt comes to me with the bank business at the end of every day.
你凭什么认为 他会愿意搬到一个鸟不生蛋的地方?
What makes you think he’s willing to move to the middle of nowhere?
我不是有意要羞辱你那个多元种族的老家
No offense to your cosmopolitan hometown.
而且马修在洛杉矶的工作很好
Plus Matt’s got a pretty good gig here.
我们要确保他得到应有的酬劳
We’d have to make it worth his while.
说得好 以前只要付这个白人出面费 如今却要付他更多钱了
Great, so now we gonna pay him even more money than we pay him to be white.
乔尔 想想我们能为那边的黑人 做的那些好事
Joe, think about all the good we can do for the Negro community down there.
我们可以帮助他们买♥♥♥房♥♥、创业
Help ’em buy homes, start businesses.
再说 那家银行的价值被低估了
And aside from all that, that bank is undervalued.
他们拥有充足的资金将贷款金额提升一倍
There’s enough capital to double its loan base.
我们能赚一大笔钱
We could make a lot of money.
我们目前赚的钱也够多了
We make a lot of money now.
你打算一脸严肃地站在那里
You gonna stand there with a straight face
从商业的角度去说服我来做此事吗?
and tell me there’s a business argument to do this?
伯纳德 这明明是一场社会运动
This is social activism, Bernard.
显而易见
Plain and simple.
你要搞社运有很多别的办法
There’s plenty other ways to do that.
也许你只是对你♥爸♥感到愧疚 你觉得他被抛在后头了
Or maybe you’re feeling guilty about leaving your father behind.
你听我说
Let me tell you this.
要是回一次老家后你就如此不理智
If one trip home can cripple your rational functions like this,
那我们就有麻烦了
we in trouble.
乔尔 恕我直言
With all due respect, Joe,
我认为这种事你不了解
I think this is something you won’t understand.
不好意思
I’m sorry.
我今早起床后就不是黑人了吗?
Did I not wake up black this morning?
我很确定我还是黑人
‘Cause I’m pretty sure I did.
是 还是黑人
Yep, still black.
难道你想说 因为我在加州长大 加上家里有点钱
Are you telling me because I grew up in California with a little bit of money,
在你看来我就不是黑人了?
I’m not black in your eyes?
我没有针对你的意思
I wasn’t trying to make this personal.
明明就是针对我
Yes, you were.
对不起
I’m sorry.
伯纳德 要是我们真的进驻德州
Bernard, if we go down to Texas
搅合那边的种族隔离制度 必输无疑
and start screwing around with Jim Crow, we gonna lose.
无论合法与否
Don’t matter whether it’s legal or not.
即便马丁路德金为黑人争取了民权法案
Even if Dr. King gets civil rights legislation,
但影响速度没那么快
it ain’t gonna happen fast enough
不至于让我们全身而退
for us to get out of this without losing our shirts.
你干脆把你♥爸♥带来这里吧
Bring your father out here.
直接帮助他更好
Help him directly.
别再想怎么拯救德州全部的黑人了
And get rid of that notion that you can save every black man in Texas,
你办不到的
’cause you can’t.
我理解你不跟我合作的原因
I understand if you don’t want to partner with me on it.
伯纳德 你一个人不可能买♥♥下那家银行
You can’t buy this bank on your own, Bernard.
那个价格太高
Not at that price.
那我会去找另一个人合作
Then I’ll find someone else to do it with me.
真是够了
Jesus H. Christ.
我跟你说过了 人有钱后就会变
I told you getting rich was going to change you.
记住我的话 这不是个好主意
Mark my words. This is a bad idea.
但是比起买♥♥下银行大楼 这个企划更大胆
But it’s even more bodacious than us buying that Bankers Building.
银行大楼我们买♥♥下来了 不是吗?
And we sure enough pulled that off, didn’t we?
好吧 我愿意加入
All right. I’m in.
该死的
Shit.
恕我直言 你们这么做简直就是疯了
For the record I say you guys are out of your minds, completely out of your minds.
你准备好了吗?
You ready?
我…
I…
可以用三个句子告诉我 什么是银行业吗?
Could you tell me how a bank works in three sentences?
面包房♥用高于成本的价格卖♥♥面包
A bakery makes a profit by selling bread for more than it cost to make.
银行则是
A bank makes a profit
用高于成本的价格卖♥♥贷款
by selling loans for more than it costs to get the money needed to make those loans.
简单来说 银行给存户3%的利息
Basically, a bank gets money from depositors at 3%
再以5%的利息放贷
and loans it out at five.
天啊 还真的只有三个句子
Wow. That actually was three sentences.
走吧
Let’s go.
肯定很好玩
This should be fun.
戴不戴帽子?
You gonna put the hat on?
不戴
I’ll pass.
好吧
All righty then.
可以走了吗?
Shall we?
大家好 我是唐西维松
Gentlemen, Don Silverthorne.
– 弗洛伦斯 – 斯坦纳
– Robert Florance. – Matt Steiner.
小罗伯特弗洛伦斯
Robert Florance Jr.
– 下一位 – 各位 请进
– Next. – Please, gentlemen, come in.
谢谢
Thank you.
没问题 先生
Yes, of course. Gentlemen.
你们能保证我儿子会留下来 保护我余下的20%股权吧?
My son’s guaranteed a position to protect my remaining 20% interest?
写在附件中了
You’ll see that in the addendum.
但他今后不再是银行的独家贷款经理
But he won’t be the bank’s exclusive loan officer any longer.
我的客户买♥♥下这家银行的初衷 是为了提升放贷金额
My clients’ primary interest in buying the bank is to increase the loan volume
从而提高银行的整体收益
and thus the profitability of the bank.
斯坦纳先生 你作为银行的新总裁 将是他的直属上司 对吧?
He’ll be reporting directly to you as the new bank president, Mr. Steiner?
没错
That’s right.
谁是伯纳德盖瑞特和乔尔莫瑞斯?
Who are Bernard Garrett and Joseph Morris?
我在洛杉矶的金融合伙人
My financial partners in Los Angeles.
他们怎么没来呢?
Why aren’t they here?
实不相瞒 因为他们太有钱了 没时间处理这种事
Honestly? Because they’re too rich to bother.
所以才派我过来
That’s why they have me.
我就直说了 他们在国内有好几百项类似的投资项目
No offense, but they have hundreds of these investments across the country.
那是好事
Well, that’s great for them.
但这项投资今天就要定案了
But this is the investment they’re closing today.
我要指出 收♥购♥银行的全款
I should note that the full purchase price for the bank
今早11点时 已存入我银行中的第三方托管账户
is sitting in escrow in my bank as of 11:00 a.m. this morning.
这才是重点
Which is all that matters.
恭喜你 你终于成为老家银行的老板了
Congratulations, you are now the owner of your hometown bank.
是时候回去洛杉矶了
Time to get my black ass back to LA.
别问
Don’t ask.
大♥陆♥银行如今归我和我的合伙人名下
My partners and I now own Mainland Bank.
我们有意改变银行现有的黑人贷款政策
And we intend to change the bank’s policies regarding loans to Negroes.
但我要你们协助找出
But we need your help to identify
你们社群中富有责任感的潜在借贷者
responsible potential borrowers in your congregations.
有了贷款 你就…
You get the loan…
很显然 这项新政策 及我们拥有这家银行的事
Now, it goes without saying that we cannot draw attention to this new policy
不能到处张扬
or to our ownership of the bank.
不然我们的一切努力将受到威胁
Or everything we’re trying to do will be put in jeopardy.
但毫无疑问 我们的目的是通过发放贷款
But make no mistake, our goal is to foster business growth
促进企业成长和社区中的房♥屋拥有率
and home ownership in our community through access to capital.
感谢你们提供的贷款 我们买♥♥下了两台新的机器
Thanks to your loan, we bought two new pieces of equipment.
收益在短短三个月内增长了一倍
Doubled our revenue in three months.
这星期内你批准了14项贷款申请?
You approved 14 new loans this week?
对啊
That sounds right.
只有五项是我的
Only five of those were mine.
这家银行有大笔资金未被充分利用
There’s a lot of underutilized capital in this bank.
你也懂的 为了加速业务成长 我会开始批准贷款
You knew I was gonna start signing off on loans directly to jump-start things.
我加入这家银行以来 从没在一周内
I haven’t seen that many viable applicants in one week
见过这么多合格的申请人
since I’ve worked at this bank.
我从18岁起就在这家银行工作了
I’ve been working here since I was 18 years old.
这些人你是怎么找来的?
Where are you finding all these people?
谁是所罗门约翰逊?
Who’s “Solomon Johnson”?
我们在大量网罗客户
We’re casting a wide net.
放贷越多 收益越高
The more loans we make, the higher our profit.
你的股权也越值钱
Goes for your stake too.
只要他们不拖欠还款
As long as they don’t default.
这就是抵押物的作用
That’s what collateral’s for.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!