再把灯摆在另一边
and put the lamp on the other side.
等他回来后 千万不要让他移♥动♥任何家具 知道吗?
And don’t you dare let him move anything when he gets back. Okay?
– 是 夫人 – 是 夫人
– Yes, ma’am. – Yes, ma’am.
我和巴克打算扩大业务 投资独♥立♥屋
Barker and I have been thinking about diversifying in single family homes.
所以…
So…
我要你进去 然后告诉我这间房♥子缺了什么
want you to go in, tell me what you think this house needs.
伯纳德
Bernard.
这间房♥子太美了
This place is beautiful.
是吗?
You think?
– 对啊 – 缺了什么?
– Yes. – Does it need anything?
家具
Furniture.
你是指我装♥修♥得不错 是吗?
So I did a good job?
那要看卖♥♥价多少了 不是吗?
Well, it depends on the price, doesn’t it?
宝贝 这次不卖♥♥
Not this time, baby.
拿去吧 我已经有一串了
Go on. Take it. I already got a set.
你是认真的吗?
Are you serious?
这么迟了还不起床
You really sleeping in late.
亲爱的 该起床了
Time to get up, dear.
巴克太太有意买♥♥下
Mrs. Barker would like to offer a buyout
巴克和盖瑞特所有房♥产中你的全部股权
for your interest in all the Barker/Garrett properties.
我没必要出♥售♥这些房♥地♥产♥
I have no reason to sell.
我不介意单独经营这些建筑物
I’m happy running the buildings on my own.
我不同意
That’s unacceptable.
我不想跟…
I don’t wanna be in business with…
我不想继续这个合伙关系
I prefer not to continue the arrangement.
出价多少?
What’s the offer?
这太不合理了
This is outrageous.
50%的房♥地♥产♥持有权属于我
I own 50% of a dozen properties.
你要我以远低于成本的价格出让?
You want me to give it up for pennies on the dollar?
我根本没必要付你半分钱
I don’t have to pay you anything.
所有买♥♥卖♥♥合同上都没有你的名字
Your name doesn’t appear on any of the deeds.
是不能有
Well, it couldn’t.
我们谈妥了
We had an agreement.
我们都知道你丈夫的意图是什么
And we all know what your husband’s intentions were.
我愿意在每1美元的成本上增加25美分
I will up my offer to 25 cents on the dollar.
盖瑞特先生 如果你拒绝的话
And if you see fit to refuse that, Mr. Garrett,
就别想带走半分钱
you can walk away with nothing
除非你想和我对簿公堂
unless you wanna face me in a court of law.
到时我会另聘律师
With a different lawyer.
一定有办法能证明巴克先生的意图
There has to be a way to prove Mr. Barker’s intentions.
前提是你必须找到一个证人
Well, if you could find a witness, yes.
只是…
But…
证人不能是我
it can’t be me.
不然我会被取消执业资格
I could get disbarred for that.
中市银行的里德先生…
Mr. Reed at Mid City…
他已经是巴克太太的金融顾问了
He’s her banker now, Bernard.
他不会为了帮你而介入这件事的
He’s not going to intervene for you.
我要见里德先生
I need to see Mr. Reed.
盖瑞特先生 不好意思
I’m sorry, Mr. Garrett.
要见里德先生必须事先预约才行
Mr. Reed can’t see anybody without an appointment.
这是急事
This is urgent.
稍等一下
Hold on a moment.
(洛杉矶清算银行协会)
(美国银行家协会 中市银行)
(美国银行行政办公室)
(C凯利投资公♥司♥ 普雷特斯金融公♥司♥)
我不知道你对商用房♥地♥产♥市场了解多少
I don’t know how familiar you are with the commercial real estate market.
尤妮丝跟我说你有两、三栋投资型建筑物
Eunice told me you had two or three income-producing buildings?
是17栋才对
Seventeen.
只是一旦收♥购♥了第一次
But once you’ve popped your cherry,
从新收♥购♥的房♥产中还能学到些什么呢?
I mean, how much more can you learn on each new one?
17栋?
Seventeen?
把俱乐部算在内是18栋
Eighteen, if you count the club.
我妈生前是个房♥地♥产♥经纪人
My mother was a real estate agent.
你知道这栋建筑物吗?
You know this building?
当然了 里面尽是金融公♥司♥的总部
Sure. Bunch of bankers headquarters in there.
也是洛杉矶市中心最高的商用大楼
Tallest commercial building in downtown Los Angeles.
我想要买♥♥下它
I wanna buy it.
我们合力买♥♥下它
I want us to buy it.
这可是栋很大的楼 座落在市区最贵的一块土地上
That’s a mighty big building to buy on the most expensive land in the city.
我知道
I know.
我们需要一大笔贷款
We’d need a substantial loan.
你不可能用现款 直接买♥♥下那18个房♥地♥产♥吧?
You don’t own all 18 of those properties outright, do you?
我在旧金山有个合作好几年的银行家
I got a banker in San Francisco I’ve done business with for years.
要不要喝一杯?
Drink?
不必了 谢谢 我不喝酒
No, thank you. I don’t drink.
你知道洛杉矶市中心 没有一栋大楼为黑人所有
You know there’s not a single black-owned building in downtown Los Angeles.
这肯定有个原因
There’s a reason for that.
没错 我们可能要多花很多钱才能买♥♥下来
Yeah. We’re probably gonna have to overpay to get it.
说点我不知道的事
Tell me something I don’t know.
这一刻
Now…
我要你说服我
convince me.
听好了
Well…
要了解房♥地♥产♥市场的最新状况 最好的地方
the best place to learn about the present state of the real estate market
就是银行内部
is inside of a bank.
买♥♥下那栋大楼 等于直接渗透12家银行
We get that building, we’ll be inside 12 of them.
下次如果银行要拒绝我们的贷款申请 就得三思了
And next time they’ll think twice about refusing to make loans to us
毕竟我们是它们的地主
if we’re their landlords.
盖瑞特先生 这是个很大胆的想法
That’s very audacious, Mr. Garrett.
我倒认为这纯粹是逻辑使然
I think of it in purely logical terms.
可惜了
What a shame.
你说什么?
Excuse me?
战胜白人银行家的成就感呢?
What about the thrill of taking it to the man?
尤其是在他们自己的地盘上 对吗?
In his own castle, no less?
难道不是吗?
No?
算了
Never mind.
只看逻辑方面的话 我对你这项计划有个隐忧
But on purely logical terms, I have a concern about your plan.
什么隐忧?
What’s that?
我们从这些银行家身上得到的消息
All this information we’ll be getting from hanging around all these bankers
都是关于白人社区的
is gonna be about property in white neighborhoods.
你打算开始在 只有白人居住的地区收♥购♥♥房♥♥产?
Do you plan on starting to buy real estate in white-only neighborhoods, Mr. Garrett?
我们就是要那么做
That’s exactly what we’re gonna do.
那种事你到底打算怎么做呢?
And just how in the hell do you plan on pulling that off?
跟我们买♥♥下银行大楼的策略一样
The same way we’re gonna buy the Bankers Building.
你们想让我♥干♥什么?
You want me to what?
代表我们去面对全世界
Be us to the rest of the world.
我对银行业毫无头绪 我不知道怎么买♥♥下一家银行
I don’t know anything about banking. I don’t know how to buy a bank.
我们不是要买♥♥下一家银行
We’re not actually buying a bank.
而是要买♥♥下一栋大楼 里面好几家银行
We’re buying a building that the banks are in.
这些银行是租户
The banks are tenants.
我懂了
Right.
你只需要为我们的合伙公♥司♥出面洽谈
You’d just be the face of our partnership.
你们觉得我合格吗?
You think I’m, you know, qualified for this?
我们会把需要的知识全部教给你
We’ll teach you everything you need to know.
就那个家伙?不会吧?
That guy? Seriously?
他只需要学习一下
He just has to digest it.
然后呢?
So, what?
看他在会议室里吓呆吗?
He can freeze up soon as we send him in the room?
他不会吓呆的
He won’t freeze up.
相信我 他是正确的人选
Trust me. He’s the right guy.
我用100美元赌你1美元 他搞不定
I’ll lay you a hundred dollars to your one he can’t go the distance.
你不认识其他愿意领薪
Don’t you know any other white people
代表我们出面的白人了吗?
who’d like to get paid to be our front man?
我信不过他们 你信得过?
Not that I trust. Do you?
我信不过白人
I don’t trust white people.
那你是怎么生活的?
How do you even go through life like that?
老实说 我也信不过黑人
Truth be told, I don’t trust black people either.
你到底在瞎说什么呢?
What are you even saying?
听好 我跟很多白人有生意来往
Look. I do plenty of business with white folks.
我们关系要好
I’m friendly with them.
有几个是我的好朋友
Good friends with some.
我想说的是 无论如何
I’m just saying that no matter what,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!