我的合作伙伴乔尔 每隔一个星期会从洛杉矶过来一趟
My partner Joe comes in town every other week from LA.
他很想见一见你
He’s looking forward to meeting you.
我跟他说这是这一带最好吃的烤肉
I told him this is the best barbecue around here.
谢谢
Thank you.
听着 我的账簿非常简单
Look, the books I keep are pretty simple.
但我可以去书房♥把它们拿出来
But I can go back to the office and bring ’em out.
你可以慢慢看
You can look ’em over.
– 太好了 谢谢 – 好
– That would be great. Thank you. – Okay.
你迟到了
You’re late.
弗洛伦斯发现我们给黑人放贷
Florance discovered the black loans.
他从一开始就对我有所防备 如今更紧盯着我不放
He’s been wary of me from the beginning, now he’s watching me like a hawk.
知道原因吗?
Any reason why?
知道 他想当老板
Well, yeah, he had dreams of being the boss,
不想听命于一个比他年轻十岁 来自加州的家伙
not reporting to some guy from California ten years younger than him.
我不喜欢这个地方
I hate it here.
别闹了 我们刚搬来三个月
Come on. We’ve only been here three months.
足以知道喜不喜欢了
It’s enough time to know.
当初为什么要答应他们呢?
Why did you agree to do this?
我每年赚两万五千美元
I’m making 25,000 a year.
只用一个月的薪水就买♥♥到这间房♥子了
We bought this house with one month’s salary.
你们刚开始合作时 你说过他们会让你成为合伙人
When you started with them you said they were gonna make you a partner.
– 对 而且… – 合伙人是不领薪水的
– Yeah, and… – A partner isn’t on a salary.
合伙人也是老板
A partner is an owner.
你不是一直告诉我说你想当老板吗?
Isn’t that what you always told me you wanted to be?
我一定会当上老板
And I will be.
等我们收♥购♥另一家银行后
You know, on the next bank we buy.
你们要收♥购♥另一家?
You’re buying another one?
对 在考虑中
We’re thinking about it, yeah.
那是好事
Now that would be something.
对吧?
Wouldn’t it?
我们都认同 这家烤肉店是个有利的投资吧?
So, we all agree the barbecue place is a good bet, right?
你肯定是伯纳德盖瑞特了
You must be Bernard Garrett.
你是乔尔莫瑞斯吧?
And you’re Joe Morris?
你跟踪我吗?
What, you follow me here?
我只想知道我的银行归谁所有
Just trying to understand who really owns my bank.
你们几个可是名人
You boys are famous.
如果没弄错的话 这是你和副总统约翰逊的合照
That’s you and Vice President Johnson, if I’m not mistaken.
听好
Listen,
我并不是要针对你们
I’ve got nothing against you people personally.
真是个宽宏大量的白人
That’s mighty white of you.
要是让镇上的人发现
But if this town found out
他们的银行不仅经常借贷给黑人
that not only was their bank regularly making loans to Negroes,
还为两名黑人所有
but was actually owned by two of ’em,
银行肯定会损失不少生意
there’d be a run on the bank.
他们怎么可能发现呢?
Well, why would they find out?
他们看不到我们的账簿
They don’t have access to our books.
你能看到
You do.
用了整整三个月才发现
Took you three months to figure it out.
– 我可以告诉他们 – 对啊 你可以
– I could tell ’em. – Yeah, you could.
那你将拥有破产银行20%的股权 而不是盈利银行的
Then you’d own 20% of a failed bank instead of a booming one.
你想怎么样?
What do you want?
我要保护自己的资产
To protect my investment.
如果这家银行跨了 我20%的股权也会化为乌有
This bank collapses, my 20% is worthless.
那我们是同一条船上的了?
So, we’re in this together?
不算
Not quite.
我爸并不知道他把银行卖♥♥给两个黑人
See, my father didn’t know he was selling his bank to two Negroes,
这是诈骗行为
so that’s fraud.
小罗伯特 可不能那么说
I don’t know about that, Bob.
我们两人的名字都在买♥♥卖♥♥合同上
See, both our names were on that bank contract you signed.
你还问起我们呢
You even asked about us.
不知道你从哪里听来的
Don’t know who told you that.
不用打听 我当时在场
Didn’t have to be told. I was there.
不可能 你不在场
No, you weren’t.
想起了吗?
Bring back memories?
别说我没告诉你 你♥爸♥早就知道了
And for the record, your father knew.
你说谎
You’re lying.
你自己去问问他 不然我可以找出他和西维松的通信
Ask him, or I can find a letter where he and Silverthorne discussed it.
别自以为聪明
You boys think you’re so smart.
我们确实聪明
We are.
作为两个黑人来说
For a couple colored boys.
你们不能随便给黑人放贷
You couldn’t just make a loan here, there to your kind.
一开始放贷就批了19个人?
You had to make 19 of them right off the bat?
我也有一封信
Well, here’s another letter.
这是美国财政部货币监理署的来信
This one’s from the Comptroller of the Currency. The US Treasury Department.
他们要提前两季稽查我们的财务记录
They’re moving our yearly inspection up two quarters.
也就是一个月后
That’s a month from now.
因为有人匿名投报我们违规放贷
Because of anonymous reports we’re making unsafe loans.
你们刚搬来三个月 就以为很了解这座小镇 对吧?
You think you have this town figured out, when you moved here three months ago?
你们一点也不了解它
Well, you don’t.
我可是德州人
I was born here.
我也是 这是我出生的家
So was I. In this house.
这么说来
Well,
你应该知道这种事隐瞒不了多久
then you should’ve known you couldn’t keep this a secret very long.
在稽查结束前 我们不能再给同胞放贷了
We’re gonna have to stop giving out loans to Negroes until after this inspection.
那些已经入账的贷款要怎么处理?
What about the ones already on the books?
我可以提一个建议吗?
Can I propose something?
能给我来一杯烈酒吗?
Can I get a stiff drink?
我建议再收♥购♥一家银行
We should buy another bank.
要双倍份量的
Make that a double.
怎么了?不是 我…
What? No, I’m…
我是认真的
I’m serious.
(马林第一国立银行)
马林银行规模不大
Okay, the Bank of Marlin is small.
只要二十七万四千美元就能买♥♥下了
You can purchase it outright for 274,000,
价码是当初买♥♥下大♥陆♥银行80%股权的一半
half of what you paid for 80% of Mainland.
作为两家银行的总裁
As president of both banks,
我可以在大♥陆♥银行被稽查前 将那里的黑人贷款
I could move all the Negro loans we made at Mainland to the Bank of Marlin
全部转移到马林银行
before Mainland gets inspected.
如此一来 政♥府♥就不会再干扰我们了
It should keep the government out of our business
希望此举也能笼络弗洛伦斯吧
and hopefully make Florance an ally.
这个点子很有意思
It’s an interesting idea,
但我和乔尔 手上没有多余的二十七万四千美元
but Joe and I don’t have $274,000 in cash laying around.
我相信西维松也不会借钱 让我们在德州买♥♥下另一家银行
And I doubt Silverthorne will finance us buying another bank in Texas.
没错 不过我可能有办法
Right, well, I think I have a solution to that.
马林银行拥有两百万美元存款
The Bank of Marlin has two million in deposits,
但贷款只有一百万美元收益
but it’s only made one million in loans.
所以不赚钱
Which is why it’s not making a profit.
我们买♥♥下马林银行
So, we buy the bank.
用那额外的一百万存款 向集♥合♥平台收♥购♥贷款
We use that extra million in deposits to purchase loans from an aggregator.
我已经找到了一个利率8%的贷款配套 他们给优♥惠♥到6.5%
I’ve already identified a package of loans with an 8% interest offered at 6.5%.
这1.5%的利率差立刻就可以让银行盈利
That 1.5% spread puts the bank instantly in profit.
除非拖欠率过高
Unless there’s a high default rate.
你可以亲自查看那些贷款产品
Check the underlying loans yourself.
我认为相当可靠
They seem rock-solid to me.
整个配套值九十七万一千美元
The whole package is for sale for 971,000.
但我和乔尔无法从中取得现金流
Yeah, that doesn’t help the cash flow problem for Joe and me.
没错 可是如果你们 以贷款经纪人的身份介入
All right, it doesn’t, but if you and Joe incorporate as brokers,
按照这个抵押贷款配套
the Bank of Marlin can pay you a commission
你们可以获得接近二十万美元的佣金
of close to 200,000 on that package of mortgages.
对于一百万美元的抵押贷款配套 佣金也太高了
That’s an awful lot of commission on a million-dollar package of mortgages.
可以这么说 但完全合法
Maybe, but it’s completely legal.
这样投资额减少了三分之二
It cuts your investment by two-thirds.
银行得以继续赚钱 也可以给黑人放贷
The bank stays profitable and we keep loaning to Negroes.
这是个双赢的局面
Everyone wins.
这方案好得太不真实了
It sounds too good to be true.
你们大可请律师过目
Well, then have your lawyers check.
马修 即便你的方案行得通
Look, Matt, even if it does check out,
乔尔必须待在洛杉矶监督那边的产业
Joe has to spend his time in LA overseeing our properties there.
我则必须待在这边监督你和大♥陆♥银行
And I’m here overseeing you and Mainland Bank,
况且我根本不能从正门进去
which I can’t even get in the front door of.
我只是认为 现在还不适合在德州收♥购♥另一家银行

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!