Sure is pretty from the outside.
看来你当初说得对
Guess you were right.
我们两个黑人 不应该这么早买♥♥下德州的银行
It was too early for two Negroes to own a bank in Texas.
也许吧
Maybe.
也许你现在买♥♥是正确的选择
Or maybe you were right to do it now.
怎么说?
Why?
看看你今天的成就
Look where you ended up.
白人可以买♥♥♥房♥♥、创业
White people get to buy homes and build businesses
是因为银行愿意借钱给他们
because banks will loan them money.
这些事黑人都做不到
Black people don’t.
该有人让一切被看见了
And maybe it is time that someone shine a bright light on that now,
这样才能做出改变
in order for things to change.
要是我选择把这个真♥相♥公诸于世 麦克莱伦就会免去我的免罪资格
Well, if I shine the light too bright, McClellan will get rid of my immunity.
你认为我应该在庭上做什么?
What do you think I should do in there?
当初我要嫁给你时 大家都以为我疯了
Everyone thought I was crazy to marry you.
你的想法总是跟别人不一样
You always thought differently from everyone else.
伯纳德 这也是我爱上你的原因
But that’s why I fell in love with you, Bernard.
你今天的决定永远不会影响我对你的爱
And whatever you decide to do in there today is not gonna change that.
可以给我一点时间吗?
Would you mind giving me a minute?
你竟然比我先出庭供证 我应该嫉妒你吗?
Should I be jealous you get to testify first?
何必呢?
No, man.
我只是主谋登场前出来暖场的小辈
I’m just a warm-up act for the criminal mastermind to follow.
那他们可要失望透了
Well, they gonna be disappointed as hell
毕竟我打算把所有责任都推给你
because I plan to blame all this shit on you.
该死的 我也有这个打算
Damn. That was my plan too.
你知道吗?第一次见到你时
You know, when I first laid eyes on you,
我以为你是个保守拘谨、不懂变通的黑人
I thought you were this uptight, square-ass Negro
照着镜子都看不到
who wouldn’t know whitey’s hand was ’round his neck
白人用手掐住了自己的颈项
if he was staring at it in a mirror.
很高兴你对我的第一印象这么好
Glad I made such a good first impression.
结果
Turns out,
你竟然是个不折不扣的革命者
you a goddamn revolutionary.
你知道吗?我第一次见到你时
You know, when I first met you,
以为你是个玩世不恭的花♥花♥公♥子♥
I thought you were an entitled playboy clown.
天啊
Man,
没想到你老早就看清这些事了
you saw things years before I did.
就连我是什么人
Even about myself,
你在短短五分钟内就看清了
five minutes after meeting me.
委员会传召伯纳德盖瑞特上庭供证
Committee calls Bernard S. Garrett to testify.
他的眼镜在你身上吗?他没戴眼镜
Do you have his glasses? He doesn’t have his glasses.
他不用戴眼镜
He doesn’t need ’em.
他要宣读开案陈词
He’s got to read his opening statement.
他向来都不需要戴眼镜
He doesn’t need his glasses. He never has.
盖瑞特先生 我相信你了解个中轻重
Mr. Garrett, I think you understand the stakes.
我们马上听你供证
We’ll take your statement now.
主席
Mr. Chairman.
美国独♥立♥宣言写明“人皆生而平等”
Our nation’s founding documents declare that “all men are created equal”
主张建立一个和谐社会
and endeavor to create a society
人人都得以平等地受到法律保护
where citizens receive the equal protection of our laws.
这是一个伟大的目标
It’s a noble goal.
但我们心知肚明 对许多百姓来说这是个谎言
But we all know, for many citizens it’s a lie.
这场听证会原本旨在
This hearing is supposed to be
揭露和修正银行业务弊端
about uncovering and reforming unsafe banking practices.
但我认为其实是要探讨
But I think it’s really about
两个黑人到底怎么买♥♥下 一家位于德州的银行
how on earth did two black men pull off owning a bank in Texas.
盖瑞特先生 请你谨慎供证
Mr. Garrett, I think you should tread carefully now.
我大可长篇大论
Well, I can talk at length about that.
也可以用这个东西做出总结
Or I can sum it up with this.
衣着守则
The dress code.
盖瑞特先生 这是在扰乱法庭秩序
Mr. Garrett, you are out of order, sir.
– 我还没说完 – 这是扰乱秩序
– I’m not finished. – Out of order.
没有贷款 就不能买♥♥♥房♥♥
If you can’t get a loan, you can’t own a home.
不能创业
You can’t start a business.
盖瑞特先生 我们警告你了
Mr. Garrett, you have been warned.
– 意即不能创造财富 – 盖瑞特先生
– Which means you can’t build wealth. – Mr. Garrett!
也自然被迫排除在“美国梦”之外
And you’re excluded from the American dream.
纠仪长 马上带走证人
Sergeant-at-arms, remove the witness.
你们为什么硬要将某个种族
Why is it so important to you to exclude an entire race of people
排除在“美国梦”之外?
from the American dream?
(麦克莱伦举办的听证会结束后)
(伯纳德盖瑞特和乔尔莫瑞斯的产业 被联邦政♥府♥充公)
(导致两人财产大幅度缩减)
(1965年 在德州 由白人组成的陪审团)
(宣判两人滥用银行资金罪名成立)
(判处在联邦监狱服刑三年)
(盖瑞特和莫瑞斯 原本持有的177栋建筑物)
(尤妮丝只成功保留一栋)
(在她名下的建筑物)
(小罗伯特弗洛伦斯 在联邦存款保险公♥司♥的安排下)
(收♥购♥了大♥陆♥银行)
(收♥购♥价远低于当时)
(伯纳德和乔尔 从弗洛伦斯父亲那里买♥♥入的价格)
(警告 禁区)
就知道他们会先放你出来
Figures they’d let you out before me.
他们等不及要赶我出来了
Man, they couldn’t wait to get rid of my ass.
我们回家吧
Let’s go home.
房♥子都被充公了 忘了?
They took ’em all, remember?
那我们去其他地方吧
Well, let’s go somewhere.
你们在笑什么?
What are you two laughing about?
他们没有没收全部房♥产
They didn’t take all of ’em.
他们不知道我们在巴哈马买♥♥了两间
They didn’t know about the two we bought next door to each other
毗邻的房♥子
in the Bahamas.
什么?
What?
伯纳德 你是怎么办到的?
Bernard, how did you do that?
马修出庭供证的前一天打给我
Matt called me the night before he testified.
他也很难过
He was pretty broken up.
喂?
Hello?
我是马修
It’s Matt.
可以聊聊吗?
Can we talk?
他说如果他不照着他们的指示供证
He told me he was facing 50 years in prison
可能就会面临50年有期徒刑
if he didn’t say what they wanted him to say.
我叫他该做什么就去做
I told him to do what he had to do,
但鉴于政♥府♥还没充公我们所有的财产
but since the government hadn’t taken all of our money yet,
我叫帮我们做一件事
I asked him to do me a favor.
(伯纳德和乔尔出狱后 开始在巴哈马重建财力)
(之后搬回美国居住)
(他们先前在白人区 买♥♥下的住♥宅♥型建筑物)
(让他们成为了)
(对抗洛杉矶居住隔离制度的重要人物)
(在参议院听证会上供证后时隔三年)
(国会通过了1968年公平住房♥法案)
(禁止在住房♥销♥售♥和租赁中)
(存在种族、宗教及性别歧视)
(银行大楼 南希尔路629号♥)
(乔尔莫瑞斯的种植园俱乐部 加州最大的哈林夜♥总♥会♥)
(此路只允许白人通行)
(谨以此片献给KC)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!