沙皇陛下 – 是儿子?
Czar! – A son?
我有儿子啦?
I have a son?
有八磅重呢
Eight pounds.
桑妮呢?她还好吧?
And Sunny? Is she all right?
她很好 现在就昭告全国吗?
Oh, yes. Shall I make the announcement?
真没想到
It’s incredible.
我也有儿子啦
I have a son.
这世界上又多了个小子
He’s not the first boy ever born, you know.
一定要叫他阿列克谢吗? 就不能叫别的了?
Does he have to be Alexis? Can’t we call him something else?
阿列克谢这个沙皇很温和, 也许就这么一个
Alexis was a gentle czar. Perhaps the only one.
没算上你呀
Not counting you.
我还以为我们一直会生女孩呢
I thought we’d go on having girls forever.
我还是有点恍惚呢 哦, 小家伙流口水了
I still can’t believe… Oh, you’re dribbling.
我来瞧瞧
Let me.
我向上苍祈求过无数次
I prayed so hard.
我就相信一定会有好报的
I’m sure that’s how it happened.
听见他哭没有?
You heard him cry.
没有啊 我捏捏他好吗?
Not much. I’ll pinch him, shall I?
他将来身材肯定高大威猛
He’s going to be enormous.
甚至超过你的父亲
Even bigger than your father was.
就叫他亚历山大好吧?
We couldn’t call him Alexander, could we?
他睡着了 一定是嫌我们烦了
He’s asleep. Undoubtedly, we’ve bored him.
你要抱抱他吗?
Do you want him for a minute?
那好啊
Not particularly.
我终于有儿子了
I’ve had a son.
这么多年来, 我一直日思夜想
For years, I’ve daydreamed how I’d feel.
却从来没想到会…
And all that time, I never dreamed…
我说不出心里是什么滋味…
I’m filled with… I don’t know.
比喜悦还要难以言表
It isn’t joy or anything like that. It’s more.
非常非常重要
It’s terribly important.
你呀, 对着我笑什么?
And I don’t know why you’re smiling.
你是我的小傻瓜[德语]
Du bist ein Dummkopf.
你也是[德语]
Du auch.
切妮娃, 孩子饿醒了就抱过来
Tegleva, if he wakes up hungry, bring him back.
遵命, 皇后陛下
Yes, Majesty.
立刻就抱过来, 别管几点钟
At once, no matter what the time is.
从亚瑟港来的急电几小时前就到了
The dispatches from Port Arthur. They’ve been in for hours.
就不能等等吗?
Can’t that wait?
能等倒好了
I wish it could.
儿子会给我们带来好运
The boy will bring us luck.
我们要不惜代价消灭日本人, 将他们从朝鲜赶出去
We’ll smash the Japanese and drive them from Korea and I don’t care what it costs.
我要为我的儿子而战
I have a son to fight for now.
我们有儿子了
We have a son.
你要是不好好休息, 他会饿坏的
If you don’t get some rest, he’ll starve.
有我在你高兴吗?
Have I made you happy?
呃, 还好吧
No, not much.
我喜欢你的小皇储
I think I like your gentle czar.
就叫他阿列克谢吧
Let’s call him Alexis.
我不喜欢打仗的时候来庆祝
I don’t like entertaining with a war on.
现在不是时候
Not right somehow.
就小范围吧, 请家里人到场
So we’ve kept it small. Just family.
越快越好
I can’t wait.
好姑娘
Good girl!
你先列个宴请的名单吧
You’ll make a partygoer yet.
今晚圣彼得堡见
See you in Saint Petersburg tonight.
过来, 尼克
Come on now, Nicky.
好的, 叔叔
All right, Uncle.
那个一脸严肃的人是谁?
Who’s the sober-looking fellow?
杰拉德, 新来的法语老师
Gilliard, the new French tutor.
不能留下陪我一会吗?
Can’t you stay?
我们要见维特 – 那个家伙呀
We’re seeing Witte. – That man!
他这个总理大臣很有才华 – 我就没喜欢过他
He’s a brilliant prime minister. – I never liked him.
他也对我吼过
I’m the one he bellows at.
不能由着他使性子
You shouldn’t let him.
他是你的仆人, 大家都是你的仆人
He’s your servant. Everyone’s your servant.
你也太好说话了
You’re too gentle.
你就应该像你父亲一样使出铁腕手段
You should slam your fist down as your father always did.
那样没用
It’s no use.
凶一点会管用的
Frowning helps.
孩子来了
It’s baby.
晚上睡得还好吧?他想我了吗?
Did he have a good night? Did he miss me?
来看哪
Come look.
我有一个晚上没看到孩子了
I haven’t seen him since last night.
我猜他一定长大了
I think he’s aged.
这怎么回事?
What’s this?
没什么
Nothing.
撤军, 不然我就撒手不管了
Pull out or I’ll not answer for it!
你一定要告诉我你的策略
You must show me how you do that.
请陛下允许我回顾一下事实
Have I Your Majesty’s permission to review the facts again?
万一亚瑟港沦陷了…
If Port Arthur falls…
事实是不能假设的
No fact begins with “if.”
亚瑟港已经被围半年了
Port Arthur has been under siege for six months.
我军损失了三万兵力
It has cost us 30, 000 dead.
前几天有个学生在街上质问我
A student stopped me in the street the other day.
“对不起, 阁下, 我们打仗为了什么?”
“Excuse me, sir, but why are we at war?”
“我的孩子, 这是因为, 我们要控制朝鲜…
“Because, my boy, we want Korea…
…而日本坚决要跟我们对着干”
…but the Japanese will insist on fighting us for it.”
“谢谢你阁下, 可俄♥国♥控制朝鲜的目的是?”
“Thank you, sir. But what does Russia need Korea for?”
“我的孩子, 因为我国在太平洋没有不冻港”
“Because, my boy, we have no ice-free port on the Pacific.”
“我懂了, 照这么说, 情况很不妙啊”
“I see. In that case, sir, it isn’t good enough.”
他说得没错, 陛下
He’s right, sir.
继续打下去前景不妙
It’s not good enough at all.
想想看, 陛下
Imagine, sire.
假如你是个厂里的工人
Imagine that you are a factory worker.
你一贫如洗, 饥肠辘辘
You’re really poor. Your belly is never full.
一年里有八个月在挨冻
You freeze eight months of the year.
你的孩子上不了学, 看不成病
Your children have no school, no doctor.
国家要你交重税…
Your country taxes you…
…还要派你的儿子去遥远的国度参战…
…and sends your sons a continent away…
…结果却横尸太平洋上的某个小岛
…to die on a piece of land on the Pacific.
陛下, 日本是个三流小国
Now, sir, Japan is a third-rate power.
万一我们输给它…
If she defeats us…
…万一亚瑟港沦陷了…
…if Port Arthur falls…
…国际上我们怎么抬得起头来?
…we shall be disgraced in the eyes of the world…
…而且国内也会发生暴♥乱♥
…and here at home we’ll have an insurrection.
民众爱戴我, 谢尔盖·尤利耶维奇
My people love me, Sergei Julievitch.
民众要求制定宪法
They want a constitution
…还要求享有选举国家杜马的投票权
…and the right to vote for an elected Duma.
他们义愤填膺…
They’re angry…
…而且说一不二
…and they’re serious.
你是在规劝我交出政♥权♥?
Are you advising me to give my rights away?
我是在劝你停止这场无望的战争
I am advising you to stop a hopeless war.
尼古拉什, 我们山穷水尽了吗?
Is it so hopeless, Nikolasha?
呃, 尼克…
Well, Nicky…
…打个比方吧
…let me put it this way.
这里有颗子弹, 一颗在圣彼得堡制♥造♥的子弹
Here’s a bullet, a bullet made in St. Petersburg.
我要把它运到前线
I send it off to war.
怎么才能到达目的地呢?
How does it get there?
要经过漫长的铁路线…
On a single spur of track…
…有四千英里远哪
…4000 miles long.
当中有的地方根本没有铁轨
And in the middle, no track at all.
托老天的福, 还得绑在雪橇上运上三天
God help it, it spends three days packed on sleds.
每双战靴, 每发炮弹, 每磅茶叶都是如此
And every boot, shell or pound of tea we send.
别打了, 尼克…
Get out now, Nicky…
…现在还来得及
…while there’s time.
父王留给我的俄♥罗♥斯♥是战无不胜的
The Russia my father gave me never lost a war.
我以后该如何面对我儿子呢?
What shall I say to my son when the time comes?
说我毫无自尊?
That I had no pride?
说我懦弱无能?
That I was weak?
我一贯的信念是…
I’ve always thought…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!