Major Hartley’s expecting me. This is my son Laury.
哈特利大人正在等我 这是我的儿子劳里
Thank you, Laurie. Good luck, Dad.
谢谢 劳里 一切顺利 爸爸
The King’s Speech. Thank you, Sir.
这是国王的演讲稿 谢谢 先生
We have about forty minutes to the broadcast.
现在离直播还有大约40分钟
Thank you very much. Thank you.
非常感谢 谢谢
“there may be dark days ahead, and…”
“我们前方也许是黑暗”
Try again.
再来一次
“there may be dark days ahead, and…”
“我们前方也许是黑暗”
Turn the hesitations into pauses…
在卡住的地方停顿
and say to yourself, “God save the King.”
然后自言自语说 天佑吾王
I say that continuously, but apparently no one’s listening.
这句话我经常说 可明显没人听
Long pauses are good. They add solemnity to great occasions.
长的停顿很好 在重大场合更显庄重
Then I’m the solemnest king who ever lived.
那我就是最为庄重的国王
You know, if I am to be King, where is my power?
如果我是国王 权利何在
Can I… Can I reform a government?
我能 我能重组内阁吗
Can I… Can I… levy a tax? Declare a war? No.
我能 我能征税吗 能宣战吗 不能
Yet I am the seat of all authority. Why?
而我是所有职权的代表 为什么
Because the Nation believes that when I… I speak, I speak for them.
因为民众相信我是为了他们讲话
But I cannot speak!
但我却不善于讲话
Let’s take it all again from the top.
我们从头再来一遍
“In this grave hour”
从”在这一庄严时刻”开始
In this grave hour… Fuck, fuck, fuck.
在这一庄严时刻 操 操 操
perhaps the most fateful in our history… Bugger, shit, shit.
也许是我们有史以来最生死攸关的时刻 混♥蛋♥ 日 日
I send to every household of my…
我要向所有家庭
You see, “P” is always difficult, even when I’m singing.
就算我唱着说 “人”也总是很难发音
Bounce on to it. “A peoples.”
遇到”人”的时候用”一个人”代替
Not people. A people.
而不是”人” 一个人
Household of my peoples both at home…
大英人♥民♥的所有家庭 无论是在国内
and overseas. Beautiful.
还是海外 很好
this message, doo-dah day.
传达这一消息 啦啦啦
spoken with the same depth of feeling. Doo-dah day…
怀着同样的深刻情感 啦啦啦
for each one of you as if I were able to… Shit, fuck, bugger!
对你们每个人说 就好像我在 日 操 混♥蛋♥
cross your threshold and speak to you…
和你们面对面交流
In your head, now. “I have a right to be bloody well heard.”
你要在脑子里想 我有权力要你们都听到
Bloody well heard, bloody well heard, bloody well heard myself!
都听到 都听到 都听到我说话
Now, waltz. Move. Get continuous movement.
来段华尔兹 动起来 动作流畅
For the second time in the lives of most of us we are at…
对大多数人来说 在有生之年 我们第二次…
“We are,” Take a pause. Lionel, I can’t do this.
“我们”要停顿一下 莱昂纳尔 我做不来
Bertie, you can do it.
博迪 你可以的
Have a look at the last paragraph. Bertie, it’s time.
再看一下最后一段 博迪 时间到了
Archbishop. Your Majesty.
主教大人 国王陛下
A great moment, Sir.
伟大的时刻 陛下
Prime Minister. Your Majesty.
首相 国王陛下
Nice to see you… again so soon.
我们又见面了 真快
Good of you to be here.
你能来很好
I’m sure you’ve had rather a busy day.
我相信你刚度过了繁忙的一天
Let’s hope we have no more
希望我们不会再被那些
interruptions from those damned sirens, Sir.
该死的警报声打断 阁下
Or the wretched dogs.
或者那些可怜的小狗们
Congrat… Congratulations. First Lord of the Admiralty.
恭喜你荣任海军大臣
Your Majesty.
谢谢国王陛下
The long… walk.
很长… 一段路
Good luck, Sir.
一切顺利 陛下
I, too, dread this apparatus.
我也害怕这种仪器
Had a speech impediment myself, you know.
您知道吗 我也曾口吃
I didn’t. Family secret. Tonguetied.
没听说过 家族秘密 舌头打结
An operation was considered to be too dangerous.
手术风险很大
I eventually made an asset of it.
最终我把它变成长处了
Thank you, Mr Churchill. Sir.
谢谢 丘吉尔先生 陛下请
Darling.
亲爱的
How long, Logue?
还有多久 罗格
Just under three minutes, Sir.
不到3分钟 陛下
Mr Wood. Good luck, Your Majesty.
伍德先生 好运 陛下
Mr Wood.
伍德先生
You’ll be decorated, Logue.
你会被授予奖章 罗格
I made it cosy.
拿来当杯垫
Some fresh air.
来点新鲜空气
There you are, Darling.
来吧 亲爱的
I’m thistle sifter, I’ve a sieve
吃葡萄不吐葡萄皮
of sifted thistles and a sieve on unsifted thistles.
不吃葡萄倒吐葡萄皮
I’ve a sieve of sifted thistles
吃葡萄不吐葡萄皮
and a sieve on unsifted thistles, because I’m…
不吃葡萄倒吐葡萄皮
Bertie, darling, make sure it’s not switched on!
博迪 亲爱的 别忘了开关
Remember the red light will blink four times
记住红灯闪烁4次之后
and then I’ve asked them to turn it off,
我会叫他们关灯
because we don’t want that
因为不想
evil eye staring at you all the way through.
让那只邪恶的眼睛一直盯着你
One minute, sir.
还有1分钟 陛下
I am sure you will be splendid.
我肯定你会做得非常好
Fourty seconds, Sir.
40秒 陛下
Logue, however this turns out,
罗格 不管结果如何
I don’t know how to thank you for what you’ve done.
我都不知道该如何感谢你
Knighthood?
授爵行吗
Twenty seconds.
20秒
Forget everything else and just say it to me.
抛开一切 只要对着我说话就好
Say it to me, as a friend.
对着我说 就像对朋友说
In this grave hour,
在这一庄严时刻
perhaps the most fateful in our history,
也许是我们有史以来生死攸关的时刻
I send to every household of my peoples,
我要向大英人♥民♥的每个家庭
both at home…
无论是在国内
and overseas,
还是海外
this message…
传达这一消息
spoken with the same depth of feeling…
和你们一样
for each one of you…
怀着同样深刻的感受
as if I were able to cross your threshold…
就好像我在和你们
and speak to you myself.
面对面交谈
For the second time in the lives of most of us,
对我们大多数人来说 有生之年
we are at… at war.
我们再一次面临 面临战争
Over and over again,
一次有一次
we have tried to find…
我们竭尽全力
a peaceful way out of the differences between ourselves…
想为我们和那些如今成为敌人的人之间的差异
and those who are now our enemies.
找到和平的解决办法
But it has been in vain.
但终是突然
We have been forced into a conflict.
我们被迫面临冲突
For we are called, to meet the challenge of a principle
因为我们是被号♥召去挑战一种信条
which, if it were to prevail,
这种信条如果获胜
would be fatal to any civilized order…
将是对全世界文明秩序的
in the world.
致命打击
Such a principle,
这种信条
stripped of all disguise,
剥除所有伪装
is surely the mere…
无疑是一种简单的
primitive doctrine that might is right.
原始信条 那就是强权即真理
For the sake of all that we ourselves hold dear,
为了我们所珍惜的一切
it is unthinkable that we should refuse to meet the challenge.
毫无疑问 我们不应拒绝迎接这种挑战
It is to this high purpose that I now call…
为了这个崇高的目标 在此
my people at home and my peoples across the seas,
我号♥召海内外所有的大英臣民
who will make our cause their own.
将我们事业当作自己的事业
I ask them to stand calm and firm,
请你们保持镇静和坚定
and united in this time of trial.
在此危难之时团结一致
The task will be hard.
任务十分艰巨
There may be dark days ahead,
我们前方也许是黑暗
and war can no longer be confined to the battlefield.
而战争也将不再局限于战场
But we can only do the right as we see the right…
但我们只能做我们认为正确的事情
and reverently commit our cause to God.
并向上帝虔诚祈祷
If one and all we keep resolutely faithful to it,
如果我们所有人都能坚定信念
then, with God’s help,
那么 有上帝的庇佑
we shall prevail.
我们将取得胜利
Very good, Bertie.
非常好 博迪
You still stammered on the “w”?
你说”和”还是有点结巴
Had to throw in a few so they knew it was me.
总得结巴几下 他们才知道是我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!