窗户旁边的先生
Gentleman at the window.
我们就要开始了 – 哦 我很抱歉
We’d like to get started. – Oh, I’m sorry.
很难理解 对吧
Pretty tough to figure, isn’t it?
那孩子杀了他的父亲 砰 就那样
The kid kills his father, just like that.
听着 你用我的眼光来看 就能看到这种事常见
Listen, you have my eyes to figure, you’ll see it happens all the time.
我告诉你 他们由着那些孩子在外面野
I’m telling you they let those kids run wild up there.
或许这是他的报应 明白我意思吧?
Well, maybe serves him right. you know what i mean
人都到了吗?
Is everyone here?
那老人还在里面
The old man is inside.
麻烦你敲门叫他好吗? – 好
Would you knock on the door for him? – Yeah.
你是洋基队的球迷吗?
Are you a Yankee fan?
不 巴尔的摩队
No, Baltimore.
巴尔的摩队?
Baltimore?
那就像是每天头上被铁橇敲一次
That’s like being hit in the head with a crowbar once a day.
他们有什么?
Who have they got?
除了有个不错的外野手 他们还有谁?
Who have they got besides good groundkeepers?
我说 我们要开始了
Say, we’d like to get started.
哦 原谅我 先生们 我不是故意要你们等着
Forgive me, gentlemen. I didn’t mean to keep you waiting.
巴尔的摩队!
Baltimore!
好了 先生们 请注意
OK, gentlemen, if I can have your attention.
你们想要怎么做这事都可以
You fellas can handle this thing any way you want.
我…我不打算定什么规则
I’m…you know, I’m not gonna make any rules.
我们可以…先讨论 再来表决
We can, well, discuss it first, then vote on it.
那样 当然 是一种方法
That’s, of course… that’s one way.
还有 我们也可以立刻进行表决
And, well, we can vote on it right now.
我想 习惯上 要来一次初步投票
I think it’s customary to take a preliminary vote.
对 我们来投票吧 谁知道呢?
Yeah, let’s vote. Who knows?
或许我们都可以离开这里
Maybe we can all get outta here.
好吧 那么…我想你们都知道
OK. Then I think that you know that
我们这是一桩一级谋杀的指控
we have a first-degree murder charge here…
如果我们投票被告有罪
and if we vote the accused guilty,
我们就得送他上电椅
we’ve got to send him to the chair.
那是强制的
That’s mandatory.
我想我们知道这点
I think we know that.
对 来看看大家的立场
Yeah, let’s see who’s where.
好 有人不想进行表决吗?
Okay, anyone doesn’t wanna vote?
我没意见
It’s fine with me.
好 那么请记住…
OK, then, just remember that
必须是12比0 不管怎么判 那是法律
this has to be twelve to nothing, either way. That’s the law.
好了 我们准备好了吗?
OK, are we ready?
所有投有罪的 请举手
Now all those voting guilty, please raise your hands.
一 二 三 四 五 六 七
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven…
八 九 十 十一
eight, nine, ten, eleven.
好了 十一个 有罪
OK, that’s eleven guilty.
投无罪票的
Those voting not guilty?
一票 好的
One. Right.
十一票有罪 一票无罪
Eleven guilty, one not guilty.
现在我们知道进展到哪了
Well, now we know where we are.
好啊 好啊 总是有那么一个
Boy, oh boy! There’s always one.
那么我们现在干什么?
So, what do we do now?
我猜我们讨论 – 好啊好啊
I guess we talk. – Boy, oh, boy.
你真的觉得他是无辜的?
You really think he’s innocent?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你坐在法庭里 跟我们一样
You sat in court with the rest of us.
你听到的跟我们一样 那孩子是个危险的杀手 看得出来
You heard what we did. The kid’s a dangerous killer. You can see it.
他十八岁
He’s 18 years old.
已经够大了
Well, that’s old enough.
他刀刺自己的父亲 胸口4英寸深
He stabbed his own father four inches into the chest.
他们在法庭上 以多种不同方式证明了这点
They proved it a dozen different ways in court.
你要我给你列个清单吗?
Would you like me to list ’em for you?

No.
那你想怎么样?
Then what do you want?
我只是想谈一谈
I just want to talk.
有什么可谈的?
What’s there to talk about?
我们十一个人认为他有罪
Eleven of us think he’s guilty.
没人需要第二次考虑 除了你
No one had to think about it twice except you.
我想问问你 你相信他的说词吗?
I want to ask you something. Do you believe his story?
我不知道信还是不信 或许我不相信
I don’t know whether I believe or not. Maybe I don’t.
那你怎么投无罪票?
So how come you voted not guilty?
有十一个投有罪票
There were eleven votes for guilty.
要举起我的手送一个孩子去死并不容易
It’s not easy to raise my hand and send a boy off to die
还不先讨论一下
without talking about it first.
谁说这容易了? – 没人
Well, now, who says it’s easy? – No one.
怎么?就因为我投票快吗?
What? Just because I voted fast?
我真心认为那家伙有罪
I honestly think the guy is guilty.
你不能改变我的想法 即便谈上一百年
Couldn’t change my mind if you talked for 100 years.
我不是想改变你的想法
I’m not trying to change your mind.
只是…我们谈的是某人的生命
It’s just that… We’re talking about somebody’s life here.
我们不能在五分钟里就决定
We can’t decide in five minutes.
假设我们错了呢?
Supposing we’re wrong?
“假设我们错了”?假设这整栋房♥子倒在我头上?
‘Supposing we’re wrong’ Supposing this whole building fell on my head?
你可以假设任何事
You can suppose anything.
这就对了
That’s right.
花多少时间有什么差别?
What’s the difference how long it takes?
假设我们花五分钟 为什么?
Supposin’ we take five minutes, so why?
让我们花一小时
Let’s take an hour.
球赛八点才会开始
The ball game doesn’t start till eight o’clock.
谁要说什么吗?
Who’s got something to say?
我愿意坐一小时
I’m willing to sit for an hour.
太棒了 我昨晚听见一个精彩故事…
Great. I heard a pretty good story last night…
那不是我们坐在这里的原因
That’s not why we’re sitting here.
好吧 那你告诉我 我们坐在这里干什么?
All right, then you tell me. What are we sitting here for?
我不知道 或许没有原因
I don’t know. Maybe no reason.
瞧 这孩子一生被踢来踢去
Look, this kid’s been kicked around all over his life.
你知道 贫民窟出生 九岁时母亲死了
You know, born in a slum, mother dead since he was nine.
他在孤儿院待过一年半
He lived for a year and a half in an orphanage
当时他父亲因为伪造罪入狱
when his father was serving a jail term for forgery.
那可不是什么好的开端
That’s not a very happy beginning.
他是个愤怒的野孩子 一直如此
He’s a wild, angry kid. That’s all he’s ever been.
你们知道原因吗?
And you know why?
因为天天都有人打他的头
Cos he’s been hit on the head by somebody once a day, every day.
他过了悲惨的十♥八♥年♥
He’s had a pretty miserable 18 years.
我只是觉得我们欠他一点言辞 就这样
I…I just think we owe him a few words, that’s all.
我不介意告诉你 先生
I don’t mind telling you this, mister.
我们什么都不欠他 他得到公平的审判 对吧?
We don’t owe him a thing. He got a fair trial, didn’t he?
你以为那场审判花了多少钱
What do you think that trial cost?
得到这个他是走运了 懂我的意思吗?
He’s lucky he got it. Know what I mean?
瞧 这里大家都是成年人
Look, we’re all grown-ups in here.
我们听到了事实 对吧?
We heard the facts, didn’t we?
你不是要告诉我说我们应该相信那孩子吧?
You’re not gonna tell me we’re supposed to believe this kid,
知道他是什么样的人
knowing what he is.
听着 我一辈子在他们中间生活
I’ve lived among them all my life.
他们说的一句也不能信 你知道的
You can’t believe a word they say. You know that.
我的意思 他们天生就是骗子
I mean, they’re born liars.
只有无知的人才会相信那些话
Only an ignorant man can believe that.
听着 – 你认为自己天生就垄断了真理吗?
Now, listen… – Do you think you were born with a monopoly on the truth?
我认为必须向这个人指出某些事
Certain things should be pointed out to this man.
得了 今天不是礼拜天 我们不需要训诫
Come on, this’s not Sunday. We don’t need a sermon.
来吧 我们有工作要做 快干吧
Come on, we have a job to do. Now let’s do it.
爆米花 是我代理的一个产品
Rice Pops. It’s a product I work on at the agency.
“天生充满活力的早餐”
“The breakfast with the built-in bounce.”
我写的台词
I wrote that line.
非常有感染力 – 没错
Very catchy. – Yeah.
我说 你不介意吧? – 对不起
Say, do you mind? – I’m sorry.
我有随手涂鸦的习惯 能让我理清思路
I have this habit of doodling. It keeps me thinking clearly.
是 我们还有事要做
Ya, we have all this work to do.
耗在这里没有意义
There’s no point staying here for ever.
好吧 也许那边的那位先生…
OK. Perhaps if the gentleman down there
就是不同意我们的那位
who is disagreeing with us.
也许你可以说说为什么 让我们知道你的想法
…perhaps you could say why. Tell us what you’re thinking.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!