二:即使他听到 他也许没有和自己的行为联♥系♥起来
Two: If he did hear it, he may not have connected it with his own acts.
记住 他住的社区里尖叫声是常事
Remember, he lived in a neighbourhood where screams were commonplace.
那就是你的答案
There’s your answer.
也许
Maybe.
也许这男孩的确杀了他父亲
Maybe the boy did kill his father.
的确没听见叫声
Didn’t hear the scream…
的确慌张地冲出去 的确…
did run out in a panic, did…
三小时后冷静下来
calmed down 3 hours later…
回去拿刀
and came back for the knife,
冒着被警♥察♥抓住的风险
risking being caught by the police.
也许这些事都发生了 但也许不是
Maybe those things happened, but maybe they didn’t.
我觉得有足够多的疑点 让我们怀疑
I think there’s enough doubt we can wonder
凶杀时他到底在不在那里
if he was there at all at the time of the killing.
疑点是什么意思?你在说什么?
What do you mean doubt? What’re you talking about?
那老人没有看见他跑出房♥子吗?
Didn’t the old man see him running out of the house?
他在扭曲事实 我跟你们说
He’s twisting the facts. I’m telling you.
那老人看没看见那孩子在12:10跑出房♥子?
Did or didn’t the old man see the kid running out of the house at 12.10?
他看到了还是没有?
Well, did or didn’t he?
他说他看到了
He says he did.
他说他看到了?伙计 你怎么能这样?
Says he did? Boy, how do you like that?
证人会犯错的
Witnesses can make mistakes.
当然 你想当然的时候!
Sure, when you want them to!
或他想当然的时候 你知道我的意思
Or when he wants them to! You know what I mean?
声音放低点
Keep the yelling down.
哦 你老是这么说 或许我们需要大声点
Oh, you keep saying that. Maybe we need a little yelling.
这些家伙越来越过份了
These guys keep going off every which way.
他听见尖叫吗?他没有听见吗?有什么分别?
Did hear the scream, didn’t hear it-what difference does it make?
你们这些人只讨论那些小细节
You’re talking about only little details
却忘了重要的事 我意思是…
and forgetting the important stuff. I mean all of us…
我提议再投一次票 – 我正在说话!
I call for another vote. – I’m talking here!
要求再投一次票
Another vote called for.
现在我们就坐吧
Now let’s take our seats.
我从没见过无端浪费这么多时间
I never saw so much time spent on nothin’.
只不过花点时间
It only takes a second.
好 我想最快的办法 是看看谁投无罪票
OK, I guess the fastest way is to find out who’s voting not guilty.
投无罪票的 请举手
All those voting not guilty, please raise your hands.
还是一样 一、二、三票无罪 九票有罪
Still the same. One, two, three not guilty. Nine guilty.
我们现在有何进展?
So now where are we?
我们可以喋喋不休到下周二
We can yakety-yak till next Tuesday.
对我们有什么好处?
Where’s it getting us?
对不起 我投无罪
Pardon. I vote not guilty.
你在说什么?
What are you talkin’ about?
我是说 我们全都疯了是怎么的
I mean, we’re all goin’ crazy in here or somethin’.
那孩子有罪 你们为什么不听听事实?
The kid is guilty. Why don’t you listen to the facts?
告诉他们 好吗?这要成为笑话了
Tell them, will ya? This is gettin’ to be a joke.
票数是八比四有罪
The vote is eight to four in favour of guilty.
这算什么?
What is this?
支持弱势团体周 还是什么?
Love Your Underprivileged Brother Week or something?
我要你告诉我 你为什么改了投票
I want you to tell me why you changed your vote.
来 告诉我理由
Come on, now give me reasons.
我不必为我的决定 跟你辩护
I don’t have to defend my decision to you.
我心里有合理的怀疑
There is a reasonable doubt in my mind.
什么合理怀疑?除了说辞什么也没有
Reasonable doubt? There’s nothing but words.
来 看看这个
Here, look at this.
你刚刚认定无罪的那孩子 被看见
The kid you just decided isn’t guilty was seen
用这个捅了他父亲!
ramming this into his father!
这东西如何?合理怀疑先生?
What about this, Mr.Reasonable Doubt?
那不是凶刀 你不记得吗?
That’s not the knife, don’t you remember?
噢 精彩啊!
Oh, brilliant!
我告诉你们 这太疯狂了
I’m tellin’ you, this is the craziest.
我是说 我们应该相信什么?
I mean, what are we supposed to believe?
你们削尖脑袋 凭空编出许多故事
I mean you shap your head. You’re pullin’ stories out of thin air.
这样的人 要是在拳击场看过邓普西跟佛波对打
A guy like this, if he’s sittin’ ringside at the Dempsey-Firpo fight
他就会告诉你们…
he’d be trying to tell you that…
瞧 那老人怎么样呢?
Look. Now what about the old man?
我们应该相信 他没有起床跑到门边
Are we supposed to believe that he didn’t get up and run to his door
凶杀后15秒看见那孩子冲下楼梯吗?
and see the kid tearin’ down the steps 15 seconds after the killing?
他那么说只是想被重视 对吗?
He’s just sayin’ so to be important, right?
这一切表明什么?
What’s the point of it all?
等一下
Hold a second.
又听见巴尔的摩球迷的声音了
The Baltimore rooter is heard from again.
一记安打 纸花四射
And pop-ups are fallin’ for base hits.
等一下 那老人说他跑到门口吗?
Hold on a second. Did the old man say he ran to the door?
跑 走 有什么区别?
Run, walk. What’s the difference?
他到了门口 不是吗?
He got there, didn’t he?
等一下 – 他说了跑 至少我觉得他说了
Hold on a second. – He said he ran. At least I think he did.
我不记得他怎么说的 但我看不出他能跑到门口
I don’t remember, but I don’t see how he could have run.
他说 他从自己卧室到了前门
He said he went from his bedroom to the front door.
这还不够吗?
Isn’t that enough?
卧室在哪? – 走廊尽头什么地方
Where was the bedroom? – Down the hall somewhere.
我以为你什么都记得 却不记得那个?
I thought you remember everything, don’t you remember that?
不记得
No.
主席先生 我想看看那栋公♥寓♥的配置图
Mr. Foreman, I’d like to see a diagram of the apartment.
我们咋不让他从头再受一次审?
Why don’t we have him on trial all over again?
这屋里怎么只有你老是想看证物?
How come you’re the only one in this room wants to see exhibits all the time?
这次我也想看
I want to see this one, too.
我想停止浪费时间
I’d like to stop wastin’ time.
要是我们开始纠结那些废话 尸体在哪…
If we’re gonna wade through that nonsense about where the body is…
我们没有 我怀疑有人会
We are not, I wonder somebody wants to.
但我想知道一个老人
But I’d like to find out if an old man
因为中风而拖着一条腿
who drags one foot cos he had a stroke
能不能在15秒内 从他的卧室来到前门
can get from his bedroom to his front door in 15 seconds.
他说20秒 – 他说15
He said 20. – He said 15.
他说了20秒. 你干吗要歪曲?
He said 20 seconds. What are you tryin’ to distort?
他说15
He said 15.
他怎么能知道15秒有多久?这种事你没法评估
How does he know how long 15 seconds is? You can’t judge a thing like that.
他说15. 对此他非常肯定
He said 15. He was positive about it.
他是个老人!
He was an old man!
有一半时间都迷迷糊糊的
Half the time, he was confused.
他怎么可能确定任何事情?
How could he be positive about anything?
我看不出你想证明什么
I don’t see what you’re going to prove here.
这人说了他看到那男孩跑出去
The man said he saw the boy running out.
我们来看看细节是否支持他
Let’s see if the details bear him out.
身体一倒在地板上
As soon as the body hit the floor,
他说他就听到楼上的脚步声跑到前门
he said he heard footsteps upstairs, running to the front door.
听到楼上的门打开 脚步声开始下楼
Heard the upstairs door open, the footsteps start down the stairs.
他说他尽快来到自己的门口 发誓说不超过15秒
He said he got to his own door as fast, he swore couldn’t more than 15 seconds.
如果凶手立刻就跑了 – 可能他没有
Now, if the killer begun raning immediately… – Maybe he didn’t.
那老人说是
The old man said he did.
你应该去参加吹毛求疵大会
You oughta be at that hair-splitters’ convention.
你干嘛不停止这些聪明的评论?
Why don’t you stop making smart remarks all the time?
我的朋友
My friend,
这里一天赚3块钱 你什么都得听听
for your three dollars a day you have to listen to everything.
好了 这是凶杀发生的公♥寓♥
Alright, here’s the apartment where the killing tookplace.
那老人的公♥寓♥就在楼下 完全一样
The old man’s apartment was directly beneath and exactly the same.
这是电车轨 卧室 客厅
Here are the el tracks, the bedroom, living room,
厨房♥ 浴室 这是走廊 这是楼梯
kitchen, bathroom, here’s the hall, stairs.
当时老人在他的卧房♥ 就在这里
The old man was in this bedroom right here.
他说他跨过门口 一路走过走廊
He says he crossed to the door, walked down the hall
打开前门
opened the door,
刚好及时看见那孩子跑下楼
just in time to see the boy running down the stairs.
目前为止我没错吧?
Am I right so far?
正是这个说法 19遍了
That’s the story, for the 19th time.
身体倒地后的15秒内
15 seconds after the body hit the floor.
正确 – 现在 我们看看
Correct. – Now, let’s see. It was…
从床到门12尺 走廊有43尺
It’s 12 feet from the bed to the door. The hall is 43 feet.
他得走上12尺 打开卧室门
He would have had to walk 12 feet, open the bedroom door
走过43尺的走廊 打开前门
walk 43 feet down and open the front door,
都在15秒内
all in 15 seconds.
你们觉得他办得到吗? – 当然 他能做到
Could he have done it? – Sure. He cound have done it

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!