二:他直接跑到附近一家旧货店买♥♥了一把那种…
Two: He went directly to a local junk shop where he bought one of those…
折叠刀 – 弹簧折刀
Switch knives. – Switchblade knives.
这不是一把你们说的普通刀
This wasn’t what you call an ordinary knife.
刀柄刻花和刀锋很不寻常
It had a very unusual carved handle and blade.
卖♥♥给他的店主说他的店里
The storekeeper said it was the only one
这样的刀一向只有这一把
of its kind he had ever had in stock.
三:8:45左右他在一家酒吧前遇到一些朋友
Three: He met some friends of his in front of a tavern about 8.45.
目前为止我说的都对吧?
Am I right so far?
是 对的 – 他一点都没错
Yes, you are. – You bet he is.
他跟他的朋友聊了一小时
He talked with his friends for an hour,
在9:45时离开
leaving them at 9.45.
在这段时间里 他们看到了那折叠刀
During this time, they saw the switch knife.
四:他们在法庭指认那个致死武器
Four: They identified the death weapon in court
跟那把刀非常相似
as that very same knife.
五:大约十点时他回到家里
Five: He arrived home at about ten o’clock.
在这里公诉机关跟那男孩的说词
This is where the stories offered by the State
开始出现微小分歧
and the boy diverge slightly.
他声称他在11:30出去看电影
He claims that he went to a movie at about 11.30
3:10回到家 发现父亲死了
returning home at 3.10 to find his father dead
他遭到逮捕
and himself arrested.
他还声明逮捕他的两名探员…
He also claims that the two detectives
将他丢下半截楼梯
threw him down a half a flight of stairs.
可那把折叠刀怎么样了呢?
Now what happened to the switch knife?
他声称从口袋的破洞掉了出去
He claims it fell through a hole in his pocket
在去看电影的路上
on the way to the movies
11:30到3:10之间的某个时候
sometime between 11.30 and 3.10,
之后他再也没有看到它
and that he never saw it again.
这只是个说法 先生们
Now, there is a tale, gentlemen.
我认为很清楚 那晚上那男孩没有去看电影
I think it’s quite clear the boy never went to the movies that night.
房♥子里没有一个人看到他11:30出去
No one in the house saw him go out at 11:30.
电影院没有一个人认出他
No one at the theatre identified him.
他甚至不记得看的那部电影的名字
He couldn’t even remember the names of the pictures he saw.
真正的发生的是 那男孩待在家里
What actually happened is this. The boy stayed home
跟他父亲再次争吵
had another fight with his father,
刺死了他 在十二点十分离家
stabbed him to death and left the house at 10 minutes after 12.
他甚至记得擦净刀上的指纹
He even wiped the knife clean of fingerprints.
现在 你是想告诉我 这把刀
Now, are you trying to tell me that this knife
真的从那男孩口袋的洞掉出来
really fell through a hole in the boy’s pocket
有人在街上捡起它 跑到那男孩家
someone picked it up off the street, went to the boy’s house
用它刺死他父亲
and stabbed his father with it
只为了测试它的锋利度?
just to test its sharpness?
不 我只是说有可能那男孩丢了他的刀
No, I’m just saying it’s possible the boy lost his knife
另有别人用类似的刀杀了他父亲
and somebody else stabbed his father with a similar knife.
只是可能
It’s just possible.
看看这把刀
Take a look at this knife.
它是一把非常不寻常的刀
It’s a very unusual knife.
我从来没有看过这样的刀
I’ve never seen one like it.
把它卖♥♥给那男孩的店主也没有
Neither had the storekeeper who sold it to the boy.
你不是想让我们接受难以置信的巧合吧?
Aren’t you asking us to accept an pretty incredible coincidence?
我只是说 巧合是可能的
I’m just saying a coincidence is possible.
而我说不可能
And I say it’s not possible.
那东西从哪里来的?
Where did that come from?
是一样的刀!
It’s the same knife!
你以为自己在做什么?
What do you think you’re doin’?
你从哪里弄来的?
Where did you get it?
我昨晚出去散了几个小时步
I went out walking for a couple of hours last night.
我经过那孩子住的社区
I walked through the boy’s neighbourhood.
我在一家当铺买♥♥下它 离那男孩家只有两个街区远
I bought that at a pawn shop just two blocks from the boy’s house.
价值六元钱
It cost six dollars.
买♥♥或者卖♥♥弹簧折刀是违法的
It’s against the law to buy or sell switchblade knives.
没错 我犯了法
That’s right. I broke the law.
听好 你耍了高明的一招
Listen, you pulled a real bright trick.
假设你告诉我这证明了什么
Now supposing you tell me what it proves.
也许还有十把类似的刀 又怎样?
Maybe there are ten knives like that, so what?
也许是有!
Maybe there are!
那是什么意思?
What does it mean?
你找到一把类似的刀
You found a knife like it.
算什么?世纪大发现还是什么?
What’s that? The discovery of the age or something?
你是要我们相信 另有别人用完全一样的刀杀人?
You mean you’re asking us to believe that somebody else did the stabbing with exactly the same kind of knife?
机率是百万比一
The odds are a million to one.
有这种机会!
It’s possible!
但不是很可能
But not very probable.
好了 伙伴们 我们坐回原位
OK, fellas. Let’s take our seats.
到处乱站没什么意义
There’s no point standing around all over the place.
你瞧真有趣 他能找到跟那男孩卖♥♥的完全一样的刀
You know it’s interesting that he’d find a knife exactly like the one the boy bought.
这有什么趣?有趣!
What’s interesting about it? Interesting!
我不知道 我就是觉得有趣
Well, I don’t know. I just thought it was interesting.
我们这里还是有十一个人认为他有罪
There’re still eleven of us here think he’s guilty.
对 你认为你能达成什么?
Right. What do you thinke you’re gonna accomplish?
你不会改变任何人的想法
You’re not gonna change anybody’s mind.
所以要是你想拖着这个陪审团 请便
So, if you wanna hang this jury, go ahead.
那孩子会再次受审 被判有罪 就像他出生那样确定
The kid’ll be tried again and found guilty, as sure as he’s born.
或许你说的对
You’re probably right.
那么你打算怎么做呢?
So, what are you gonna do?
我们可以一整晚都在这里
We can be here all night.
只是一夜 一个男孩可能会死
It’s only one night. A boy may die.
好么 我们干吗不在这里成立家庭呢
Well, why don’t we just set up house here?
谁叫人去拿副牌来
Someone send for a pinochle deck
我们就好好乐一乐
and we’ll just sweat the whole thing out right here.
我觉得他不该拿这事开玩笑
I don’t think he oughta joke about it.
你要我怎么做?
What do you want me to do about it?
哦 听着 我看不出这把该死的刀有什么关系
Oh, listen, I don’t see what all this god damn knife has got to do with anything.
有人看见那孩子刺了他父亲
Somebody saw the kid stab his father.
我们还需要别的吗?
What more do we need?
你们可以说掉我的耳朵 知道我的意思吗?
You guys can talk the ears right off my head. You know what I mean?
你们说话的时候 我有三家汽修厂要破产了
I got three garages going to pot while you’re talking.
赶快把事情办好离开这里吧
So let’s get done and get outta here.
对地区检察官来说那把刀很重要 他花了一天…
The knife was important to the district attorney. He spent a day…
他是个第15助理什么的 这事他懂什么?
He’s a 15th assistant or something. What does he know about it?
咱们小声点 这方面的争吵只能拖慢我们
Let’s hold it down. These side arguments are only slowin’ us up.
怎么样呢?你是唯一一个
Well, what about it? You’re the only one.
我有个提议给你们大家
I have a proposition to make to all of you.
我想要再投一次票
I’m going to call for another vote.
我要你们十一个人…
I want you eleven men to…
书面秘密投票
vote by secret written ballot.
我会放弃的
I’ll abstain.
只要有十一张投有罪票
If there are eleven votes for guilty,
我不会固执己见
I won’t stand alone.
我们可以立刻向法官提出有罪判决
We’ll take in a guilty verdict to the judge right now.
但只要有任何一个投无罪票
But if anyone votes not guilty,
我们就待在这里谈清楚
we’ll stay here and talk it out.
就这样 如果你们想试试 我准备好了
That’s it. If you want to try it, I’m ready.
好吧 我们受点累
All right. Let’s do it the hard way.
听起来很公平 大家都同意吗?
That sounds fair. Everyone agreed?
有人反对吗? – 很好 我们来
Anyone doesn’t agree? -Fine, let’s go.
好了 把这传下去
OK, pass these along.
有罪
Guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
无罪
Not guilty.
有罪
Guilty.
天啊 怎么能这样?
Boy, how do you like that?
又一个小子乍翅了!
And another chap flips his wings!
好了 是谁?来啊 我想知道
All right. Who was it? Come on, I wanna know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!