他只能很慢地走路
He can walk only very slowly.
他们得扶他到证人席
They have to help him to the witness chair.
你讲得好像这条路很远
You make it sound like a long walk.
对一个老人 还中过风 的确是很长的路
For an old man who had a stroke, it is a long walk.
你在做什么? – 我打算试一下 看他要走多久
What are you doin’? – I’m gonna try it. See how he took.
什么意思 你要试一下?
What do you mean you wanna try it?
他的律师为什么在法庭上不提出来?
Why didn’t his lawyer bring it up himself on the court?
也许他只是没想到这一点
Maybe he just didn’t think of it.
你是什么意思他没想到?
What do you mean he didn’t think of it?
你认为那人是白♥痴♥什么的吗?这是显然的事
You think the man is an idiot or something? It’s an obvious thing.
你想到了吗?
Do you think of it?
你是聪明人 别管我想没想到
You’re a so smart guy don’t matter what I thought of.
他没提是因为他知道这对他的案子不利
He didn’t bring it up because he knew it’d hurt his case.
你觉得呢?
What you think about it?
也许他没提是因为…
Maybe he didn’t bring it up because it would have meant
欺负和纠缠一个无助的老人
bullying and badgering a helpless old man.
你知道在陪审团面前不好看
You know that doesn’t sit well with a jury.
多数律师尽量避免这样
Most lawyers avoid it if they can.
他到底有多烂?
What kind of a bum is he?
那是我一直在问的问题
That’s what I’ve been asking about.
把那张椅子拿给我 行吗?
Pass me that chair, will you?
这两把椅子是那老人的床
Those two chairs are the old man’s bed.
我刚在房♥间步测了十二尺
I just paced off 12 feet across the room.
这里就是卧室门
This is the bedroom door.
疯了 你不能那样子重建现场
That’s crazy. You can’t re-create a thing like that.
我倒想看看 – 我要走到那道墙步测43尺 再走回来
I’d like to see. -I’ll walk 43 feet pace from that wall and back again.
瞧 这完全是疯了
Look, this is absolutely insane.
你浪费大家时间干什么?
What are you wasting everybody’s time here for?
根据你的说法 只要花15秒
According to you, it’ll only take 15 seconds.
我们有这时间
We can spare that.
得了 闭上嘴
Come on. Knock it off.
好 好 好 牛人
OK. OK, OK, killer.
你就站在那里当前门好吗?
Will you stand right there and mark the front door?
它上了门链 根据证词 记得吗?
It was chain-locked, acoding to the testmony, remember?
谁的手表有秒针? – 我的有
Who’s got a watch with a second hand? – I have.
你跺脚我就开始 就算是人倒地的声音
You wanna me to start, stamp your foot. That’ll be the body falling.
你从那时给我计时
You can time me from there.
我们要干吗?比划游戏?
What are we gonna do, play charades?
我们还在等什么?
What are we waiting for?
我得等到秒针指到60
I wanna wait till the second hand reaches 60.
哦 得了吧!
Aw, come on!
得了 快一点 他能走得比你快两倍
Come on, speed it up. He can walk twice as fast as that.
你要我比现在快一点 我会的
If you want me to walk faster than that, I will.
锁 门 停 – 好
Lock. Door. Stop. – Right.
时间是多少?
What’s the time?
正好41秒
Exactly…41 seconds.
这是我认为真正发生的
This is what I think happened.
几小时前 那老人听到那男孩和他父亲的争吵声
The old man heard the fight between the boy and his farther a few hours earlier.
后来他躺在床上 听到男孩公♥寓♥有人倒在地板上
When he’s in bed, he heard the body hit the floor of the boy’s apartment.
听见对街那女人的尖叫
heard the woman scream from across the street,
尽快来到他的前门
got to his front door as fast as he could
听到有人在跑下楼 他假设是那孩子
heard somebody running down stairs and assumed it was the boy.
我想那是有可能的
I think that’s possible.
假设?
Assumed?
兄弟 我的生活中见过各式各样的骗局
Brother, I’ve seen all kinds of dishonesty in my day,
但这场小表演拔得头筹了
but this little display takes the cake.
你们来到这里 心里充满对贫民窟孩子和非正义的感慨
You all come in here with your hearts bleedin’ about slum kids and injustice.
你听了些童话故事
You listen to some fairy tales.
忽然间 你开始说服了这些老女人
Suddenly you start getting through to these old ladies.
你是骗不过我的 我受够了
You’re not getting through to me. I’ve had enough.
你们是怎么了?
What’s the matter with you guys?
你们都知道他有罪!他应该被烧死!
You all know he’s guilty! He’s got to burn!
你们要让他逃脱我们的手心了
You’re letting him slip through our fingers.
逃脱我们的手心 你是他的行刑人吗?
Slip through our fingers? Are you his executioner?
我是其中之一
I’m one of ’em.
也许你想按下开关
Perhaps you’d like to pull the switch.
对这孩子 你可以押注我会的
For this kid, you bet I would.
我为你感到遗憾
I feel sorry for you.
想要按下开关心里得是什么感觉!
What it must feel like to wanna pull the switch!
从你走进这房♥间
Ever since you walked in,
你就像是一个自封的公众复仇者
you’ve acted like a self-appointed public avenger.
你想看到这男孩去死 只因为你个人想
You want to see this boy die because you personally want it,
不是因为事实
not because of the facts.
你是个虐待狂
You’re a sadist.
放开我!我要杀了他!我要杀了他!
Let me go! I’ll kill him! I’ll kill him!
你的意思不是真的要杀我 对吧?
You don’t really mean you’ll kill me, do you?
怎么了 先生们?我听到吵闹声
Anything wrong, gentlemen? I heard some noise.
不不 什么事也没有
No, everything’s all right.
我们只是…你知道 友好的小争执
We’re just…You know, friendly little argument.
我们已经看过配置图了
Listen, we’re through with that diagram.
你可以拿走它
You can take it if you want.
拿去吧
Here you are.
你们在看什么?
What are you lookin’ at?
我想 得有人重新起个头
I suppose somebody has to start off again.
请原谅
I beg pardon…
“请原谅 ” 你怎么那么有礼貌?
“I beg pardon.” What are you so polite about?
就跟你没礼貌的原因一样
For the same reason you’re not.
我是这样被养大的
It’s the way I was brought up.
这种争吵 这不是我们来这里的原因 吵架
This fighting. That’s not why we are here, to fight.
我们背负着责任
We have a responsibility.
这个 我一直觉得 是民♥主♥社会的一项非凡之处
This, I have always thought, is a remarkable thing about democracy.
就是 我们…
That we are…
那个单词是什么?
What is the word?
哦 被通知
Notified.
我们收到信件通知 来这里…
That we are notified by mail to come down to this place
来决定一个人有罪还是无辜 这人…
to decide on the guilt or innocence of a man we…
我们…我们从没听说过的
we have never heard of before.
我们没有什么好处或是损失
We have nothing to gain or lose
只是裁决
by…by our verdict.
这是我们强大的原因之一
This is one of the reasons why we are strong.
我们不应该把它变成私人恩怨
We should not make it a… personal thing.
谢谢
Thank you.
如果没有人有主意 我也许有个好玩的
If nobody else has an idea, I might have a cutie here.
我们考虑很多了 现在让我们把它扔到垃圾场上
We already have given it too much thought. Let’s throw it out to the dump
看看猫会不会去舔
and see if the cat licks it up.
猫会不会去舔? – 对
The cat licks it up? – Yeah.
看外面暗成什么样了
Look how dark it’s gettin’ out there.
我打赌要有暴雨
I bet we’re gonna have a storm now.
伙计 真的好热
Boy, oh boy. It’s really hot, huh?
对不起 你从来不流汗吗?
Pardon me, but…don’t you ever sweat?
不 我不流汗
No, I don’t.
听着 我在想…
Listen. I…I was wonderin’ if…
或许…我们该再投一次票
Maybe…maybe we should take another vote.
噢 太棒了
Great.
也许我们能坚持下去 跳个舞来点小吃
Maybe we can follow this one up with a little dancing and refreshments!
主席先生? – 我没有问题
Mr.Foreman? – Well, that’s OK with me.
有人不愿意投票吗?
Anyone doesn’t wanna vote?
嘿 够了 – 什么?对不起
Hey, come on. – What? Sorry.
我想我们应该公开投票
I think we ought to have an open ballot.
说出自己的投票 你知道
Call out our votes, you know?
让我们看看谁是什么立场
Let’s see who stands where.
我听着挺公平
Well, that sounds fair to me.
有人反对吗?
Anyone object?
好 我按陪审员编号♥来叫 一号♥?
OK. I’ll call off your jury numbers. One?
哦 是我 我投有罪 二号♥?
Oh, that’s me. I vote guilty. Two?
无罪
Not guilty.
三号♥?
Number three?
有罪
Guilty.
四号♥?
Number four?
有罪
Guilty.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!