打击手 打击率0.350 0.350
He’s batting .350. 350.
基♥督♥教新教主要宗派之一
卫理公会派教♥徒♥
Methodist.
委任陆军军官
Commissioned Army officer.
他被军事法庭审判过
He was court-martialed.
这人可不太安分
He’s a troublemaker.
他经常跟裁判吵
Well, he argues with umpires.
脾气暴躁已经名声远扬了
A quick temper is his reputation.
他因为什么上了军事法庭
Well, what was he court-martialed for?
不愿意坐在军车的后面
Wouldn’t sit in the back of a military bus.
在德克萨斯的胡德堡
Fort Hood, Texas.
司机让他 坐到后面去
Driver asked him to, uh, move back.
最后只好出动宪兵把他带下去了
MPs had to take him off.
那不就成了 你看看
There, you see?
我只看到他憎恶种族隔离
I see he resents segregation.
他如果是白人 就会被人夸有信念了
If he were white, we’d call that spirit.
罗宾森是个卫理公会派
Robinson’s a Methodist.
我也是卫理公会派 上帝也是
I’m a Methodist. God’s a Methodist.
选这个人不会错的 去找他吧
We can’t go wrong. Find him.
把他带过来
Bring him here.
你们好 伙计们
How are you, fellas?
我在找你们的 游击手
I’m looking for your, uh, shortstop.
你就是杰基·罗宾森吗
You Jackie Robinson?
你是谁
Who are you?
1945年8月28日
里奇先生
Mr. Rickey.
这是怎么回事
What’s this about?
有关棒球的事 杰基
This is about baseball, Jackie.
我知道你春季会到
I see you starting in spring
我们蒙特利尔的子队打比赛
with our affiliate in Montreal.
如果你在那边表现好
If you make it there…
我们就想办法把你签到这里来
we’ll try you down here…
签到道奇队来
with the Dodgers.
白人的布鲁克林道奇队
With the white Brooklyn Dodgers.
每个月付你600元
I’ll pay you $600 a month.
签合同的时候还给3500元的奖金
And a $3500 bonus when you sign the contract.
同意吗
That agreeable?
同意 很不错 但是
Yes, that’s fine but…
我只有一个条件
There’s one condition.
我知道你能传杀跑垒员
I know you can hit behind the runner.
你可以看穿投手的球
That you can read a pitch.
问题是
One question is…
你能控制好自己的脾气吗
can you control your temper?
我的脾气
My temper?
没错 你的脾气 你怎么 聋了吗
Yes, your temper! What are you, deaf?
一个在白人棒球队打比赛的黑人
A black man in white baseball, heh,
你能想象公众的反应吗
can you imagine the reaction?
恶言秽语
The vitriol?
比如道奇队去一家酒店登记入住
Dodgers check into a hotel,
一家很体面很高级的酒店
a, uh, a decent, good hotel.
你们风尘仆仆地过去
You’re worn out from the road.
但是有些店员不给你笔让你签字
Some clerk won’t give you the pen to sign in with.
我们没有房♥间给你住 小子
“We got no room for you, boy.
你本该睡的煤仓都没有了
Not even down in the coal bin where you belong.”
球队去餐厅吃饭 服务生不给你点单
Team stops at a restaurant. Waiter won’t take your order.
你没看到门上的标识吗 黑人禁止入内
“Didn’t you see the sign on the door? No niggers allowed.”
你会怎么做 打他一顿
What are you gonna do then? Fight him?
把我计划全毁了吗
Ruin all my plans?
回答我 你这个黑鬼
Answer me, you black son of a bitch!
你是想找一个没勇气回击的球员吗
You want a player who doesn’t have the guts to fight back?
不是
No.
不是
No.
我是想找一个有勇气不回击的球员
I want a player who’s got the guts not to fight back.
公众不会接受这件事
People aren’t gonna like this.
他们会想尽办法激怒你
They’re gonna do anything to get you to react.
他们会永无止尽地谩骂
Echo a curse with a curse and, uh,
但大家只会评判你的言行
they’ll hear only yours.
你如果一次又一次的反击 他们会说
Follow a blow with a blow and they’ll say,
这个黑鬼气急败坏了
“The Negro lost his temper.”
还会说 这个黑鬼不适合球队
That “The Negro does not belong.”
你的敌人遍及各处
Your enemy will be out in force…
在他们的地盘你也赢不了
and you cannot meet him on his own low ground.
我们只能通过接捕 跑动和守备来赢
We win with hitting, running, fielding.
仅此而已
Only that.
只要这个世界承认了两件事我们就赢了
We win if the world is convinced of two things:
你是一个有教养的绅士
That you are a fine gentleman
还是一个伟大的棒球队员
and a great baseball player.
就像我们的救世主一样
Like our Savior…
你得有勇气
you gotta have the guts…
能改头换面
to turn the other cheek.
你能做到吗
Can you do it?
你给我一件球服
You give me a uniform…
你给我 一个后背上的数字
you give me a, heh, number on my back…
我会回报给你勇气
and I’ll give you the guts.
加利福尼亚 帕萨迪纳
你好
Hello?

Rae…
杰克
Jack.
我现在布鲁克林
I’m in Brooklyn.
布鲁克林 去做什么
Brooklyn? For what?
我不想在电♥话♥里说
I don’t want to say on the phone.
实际上 我不打算告诉任何人
In fact, I’m not supposed to tell anyone.
怎么了 你不是该在芝加哥打比赛吗
What’s going on? Aren’t you supposed to be playing in Chicago?
我们经受住了考验 你跟我
We’ve been tested, you and me.
我们的选择都很正确 的确是这样
We’ve done everything the right way. We have.
我努力挣钱 你顺利从学校毕业
Me trying to make money, you finishing school.
我们不欠这个世界任何东西
We don’t owe the world a thing.
只欠对方
Only each other.
杰克 你在说什么呢
Jack, what are you talking about?
到底怎么了 发生了什么
What is going on? What happened?
你愿意嫁给我吗 蕾
Will you marry me, Rae?
当然愿意
Absolutely.
什么时候呢
When?
现在就结怎么样
How about right now?
我妈看上去开心吗
Did my mom look happy?
开心啊 你知道你妈很喜欢我的
Yes. You know your mother loves me.
我奶奶看上去开心吗
Did my gram look happy?
开心
Yes.
我哥看上去开心吗
My brother look happy?
你哥
Heh, your brother?
所有人都很开心
Everyone looked happy.
我从来没见过这么多开心的人
I’ve never seen so many happy-looking people.
那杰克·罗宾森看起来开心吗
Did Jack Robinson look happy?
如果我不能让你开心呢
What if I can’t make you happy?
现在说太晚了
Too late.
你已经让我开心了
You already do.
我跟你不会分开 蕾
It’s you and me, Rae.
直到时间终结
Till the wheels fall off.
杰克 这个世界还等着我们呢
Oh, Jack, the world is waiting for us.
世界可以多等一晚
The world can wait one more night.
你跟我一起走吗 罗宾森夫人
Are you coming, Mrs. Robinson?
我会跟随你到任何地方 罗宾森先生
I’d follow you anywhere, Mr. Robinson.
好的
Okay.
好的
Okay.
新奥尔良 湖滨机场
飞往彭萨科拉的航♥班♥将在一小时内起飞
Flight to Pensacola leaves in an hour.
飞往彭萨科拉的航♥班♥将在一小时内起飞
Flight to Pensacola leaves in an hour.
飞往彭萨科拉的航♥班♥将在一小时内起飞
“Flight to Pensacola leaves in an hour.
飞往彭萨科拉的航♥班♥将在一小时内起飞
Flight to Pensacola leaves in an hour.”
你没事吧
Are you okay?
就是从来没亲眼见过
I’ve just never seen one before.
仅限白人
这里不是帕萨迪纳了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!