Hermanski cracks a single to left,
罗宾森轻松跑回本垒拿下第一分
and Robinson is able to trot home for the first run
这也许是制胜分
that may also be the decider.
好吧
All right.
-杰基 -好样的
– Jackie! – All right!
罗宾森
Hey, Robinson!
谢啦
Thanks.
谢什么
For what?
我们是一队的 不然我还能做什么
You’re on my team. What the hell am I supposed to do?
打得好
Nice hit.
一个菜鸟惹这么多麻烦
All this fuss over a rookie.
他也就能上场十几次而已
What, he’s got 10, 12 at bats.
你们这样会宠坏他的
Y’all gonna spoil him.
查普曼 你认为那使你们输掉比赛吗
Chapman, do you think it cost you the game?
才不 是那支左外野一垒安打
No. I think that a single out to the left field
让我们输掉比赛
cost us the game.
不觉得你对罗宾森太过刁难吗
You think you were a little hard on Robinson?
不 听着 我对待他
No. Look, we treat him the same way
著名球员 位列棒球明星堂
和对待汉克·格林伯格一样
we treat Hank Greenberg,
只不过我叫他犹太佬而不是黑鬼
except we call him a kike instead of a coon.
我们跟洋基队打比赛时
Whenever we play exhibitions with the Yankees,
著名球员 创下连续56场击出安打的记录
我们把乔·狄马乔叫成”南欧佬”
we call Joe DiMaggio “The Wop.”
行吗 他们听了都笑了
All right? They laugh about it.
比赛结束了 这也被忘了
And it’s forgotten when the game’s over.
我不在乎他们是否喜欢我
I don’t care if they like me.
我们不是来这儿交朋友的
I didn’t come here to make friends.
我甚至连他们尊不尊重我都不介意
I don’t even care if they respect me.
我知道我是谁
I know who I am.
我非常尊重我自己
Got enough respect for myself.
但是我不想让他们打败我
But I do not want them to beat me.
他们永远不会打败你
They’re never gonna beat you.
今天差点儿就让他们得逞
They came close today.
明天我要冲到费城人队的休息区
I’m going in that Phillies dugout tomorrow,
然后扭断本·查普曼的脖子
and I’m gonna wring Ben Chapman’s neck!
我说什么了那么好笑
Did I say something funny?
还记得我第一次
When I first
跟你提到罗宾森吗 哈罗德
told you about Robinson, Harold,
你曾极力反对
you were against it.
现在 你却突然间担心起他来
Now, all of the sudden you’re worried about him.
真想知道为什么会这样
Wonder how that happened.
为什么 任何一个有理智的人都会…
Why, any decent-minded person would…
是同情心 哈罗德
Sympathy, Harold.
源自希腊语 意思是受苦
It’s a Greek word. It means “To suffer.”
我同情你意味着我与你一同受苦
“I sympathize with you” means “I suffer with you.”
那个费城的教练
That Philadelphia manager is, uh…
他帮了我个忙
He’s doing me a service.
-帮忙吗 -是的
– A service? – Yes.
他让大家在杰基身上产生同情
He’s creating sympathy on Jackie’s behalf.
费城也源于希腊语
“Philadelphia” is Greek.
意思是兄弟情谊
Means “Brotherly love.”
鲍勃·普拉甘要见您 里奇先生
Bob Bragan to see you, Mr. Rickey.
他想要干嘛
What in Satan’s fire does he want?
行 让他进来
All right, send him in.
有什么事吗 布莱根
What do you want, Bragan?
里奇先生 我
Uh, Mr. Rickey, I, uh…
-我想 -你想要什么
– I would like, um… – What do you want’?
我不想被交易
I’d like to not be traded, sir.
希望还不迟
If it’s not too late.
那罗宾森呢 你受得了他
What about Robinson?
世界在改变
The world’s changing.
我想我能适应这种改变
I guess I can live with the change.
难以置信 我表达了我的意愿
I mean, I can’t believe it. I speak my mind,
他们还是把我交易了
and they trade me.
这不是我所了解的美国
This ain’t the America I know.
勇者的家园 自♥由♥的土地 你听到了吗
Home of the free, land of the brave? You hear me?
他们把你交易到哪儿
Where they sending you, Hig?
匹兹堡
Pittsburgh.
为了钱 和一个叫琼弗里多的
For cash and some Italian outfielder
意大利外野手
named Gionfriddo.
匹兹堡 我是说
Pittsburgh. I mean…
好运 小伙子们 你们会需要的
Good luck, boys. You gonna need it.
匹兹堡
Pittsburgh!
布兰奇 是我 赫伯
Branch, it’s Herb.
赫伯 有什么事吗
Herb. What can I do for you?
布兰奇 我们认识多久了
Branch, how long have we known each other?
二十年吧 也许还不止
Oh, 20 years, maybe more.
我们一起也共渡了不少难关
That’s right. Been over some solid road together.
所以 你要相信我
So, um, you can trust me
当我告诉你明天布鲁克林可以安心过来
when I tell you Brooklyn’s due here tomorrow,
但是不能带着黑鬼
but you cannot bring that nigger down here…
和球队一起过来
with the rest of your team.
1947年5月9日 费城 本·富兰克林酒店
那是为什么 赫伯
Why’s that, Herb?
顺便说一句 他的名字是杰基·罗宾森
His name is Jackie Robinson, by the way.
布兰奇 我知道他有名字
Yeah, Branch, I understand he’s got a name,
但是我们还没有准备好
but we’re just not ready
在费城接受这种事
for that sort of thing here in Philadelphia.
我们现在担心如果那孩子上场
Now I am afraid that we’re not gonna be able to take
我们将无法和你们比赛
the field against your team if that boy’s in uniform.
你怎么管理球队是你的事情 赫伯
Well, what you do with your team is your decision, Herb.
但是我的队明天将会到达费城
But my team’s gonna be in Philadelphia tomorrow…
带着罗宾森
with Robinson.
如果宣布比赛无效 我不在乎
And if we have to claim the game as a forfeit, so be it.
那就是9比0
That’s 9-0,
以防你忘了
in case you forgot.
布兰奇 在这件事上
You know, Branch. You’ve had a hell of a hair
你已经惹毛大家很久了
across your ass over this for a long time.
我想知道你在试图证明什么
I’d like to know what it is you’re trying to prove.
你知道上帝喜欢棒球吧 赫伯
You think God likes baseball, Herb?
你这么说是什么意思
What… What the hell is that supposed to mean?
意思是有一天你将会去上帝那儿报到
It means someday you’re gonna meet God,
当他问你为什么在费城
and when he inquires as why you didn’t take the field
不跟罗宾森打比赛
against Robinson in Philadelphia,
而你回答说因为他是个黑鬼
and you answer that it’s because he was a Negro.
那才不算是个理由充分的回答
It may not be a sufficient reply!
小伙子们 我们有20分钟办理入住
Okay, guys, we got 20 minutes to check in
然后要赶去夏伊布球场 所以赶快
and get to Shibe, so chop-chop!
滚出去
Hey. Out.
把那辆车开出去
And get that bus out of here.
不不不 我们有预定 我们是道奇队
Oh, no, no, no, we have reservations. We’re the Dodgers.
不 你的队在这不受欢迎
No, your team is not welcome here.
因为你们队里有黑鬼
Not while you have ball club Negroes with you.
你是说罗宾森不能住在这儿 对吧
You just mean that Robinson can’t stay, right?
不 我是说你们整个球队都被拒绝接待
No, I mean your entire team has been refused.
我们是十年的老客户了
We’ve been staying here for 10 years.
你们也能被拒十年
And you can stay away that long too.
等等 稍安勿躁 我们谈谈
Hold on. Now, wait, we should talk about this.
谁叫你这么做 是费城人队吗
Who put you up to this? Is it the Phillies?
他们不让我们住这儿 兄弟们
They’re not gonna let us stay here, fellas.
他们不想我们在这儿
They don’t want us here.
也许42号♥在城里有不少朋友
Yeah, well maybe 42’s got enough friends in town
说不定能收留我们一下
we can bunk up.
那是我们的规定
It’s the rule we’re gonna go with.
我们有预订
We’ve got reservations.
-为什么 -这是规定
– Why is that? – That is the rule!
你什么意思
What’s that supposed to mean?
什么意思也没有
It’s not supposed to mean a thing.
不能住饭店
When you can’t get in hotels,
你可以待在朋友家
you got people’s houses you stay at.
说的没错吧
Ain’t that right?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!