Yeah, we’re not in Pasadena anymore.

Rae?

Rae?

Rae!
老天
Oh, boy.
我们必须减轻飞机的重量
We have to lighten the plane.
东边方向的天气不太好
There’s some bad weather east of here.
飞机太重会有危险
A heavy plane is dangerous.
所以必须有人取消行程
So someone’ll have to cancel.
听着 我是布鲁克林道奇队的
Look, I’m with the Brooklyn Dodger organization.
我必须得去代托纳
I have to get down to Daytona.
明早我要去报到开始春季训练
I’m supposed to report to spring training in the morning.
我们会尽最大努力保证你们明天到达
We’ll do our best to get you there by tomorrow,
但也很有可能要到后天了
but it might be the day after.
-杰克 -这边走
– Jack. – Right this way.
你把我们的座位让出去了
You gave away our seats?
你最好让我们回到那趟航♥班♥上
You get us back on that plane.
现在就让我们回到那趟航♥班♥上
You get us back on that plane right now.
你是想打电♥话♥给警长吗
Do you wanna call the sheriff…
还是我来打
or should I?
第二天 加利福尼亚 代托纳比奇
注意脚下
Watch your step.
他来了 我的孩子
Oop, there he is. There’s my boy.
大家往后退一点 我们要把行李取出来
Folks, stand back, we’ll get the bags out.
杰基·罗宾森
Jackie Robinson.
温德尔·史密斯
Wendell Smith.
《匹兹堡信使报》
Pittsburgh Courier.
记者
A reporter?
里奇先生派我来见你的
Mr. Rickey sent me to meet you.
詹姆士·包斯威尔 英国传记作家
我来当你的包斯威尔
I’m gonna be your Boswell.
我的谁
My who?
你的传记作家
Your chronicler.
你的先遣宣传员
Your advance man.
让我当你的司机吧
Hell, leave me your chauffeur.
罗宾森夫人
Mrs. Robinson.
我叫蕾切尔
It’s Rachel.
老天 你俩看上去累坏了
Man, you two looked wiped out.
你开车过来的
You got a car?
没错
Uh-huh.
布鲁克林在市中心训练
Brooklyn plays downtown.
蒙特利尔的场地离这里就几个街区
Montreal just a few blocks from here.
住在这里的是乔伊和达芙·哈里斯
Joe and Duff Harris live here.
是他提出了黑人普选权
He gets out the Negro vote.
他为有色人种做了很多努力
He does a lot of good for colored people.
这些都是里奇先生自己安排好的
Now, Mr. Rickey set it up himself.
如果罗宾森夫妇不能去住酒店
“If the Robinsons can’t stay at the hotels…
那他们就该住在一个有意义的地方
they should stay someplace that represents something.”
除了这礼拜最后几天道奇队要去桑福德
You’ll stay here all but a few days at the end of the week…
你平时就住在这里
when the Dodger organization goes to Sanford.
大概45分钟的路程
It’s about 45 minutes away.
你就都住在这里了 蕾切尔
You’ll stay here, Rachel.
杰基要出门的时候这儿就是你家
This’ll be your home when Jackie has to travel.
别人的妻子们都住哪儿呢
Uh, where are the other wives staying?
欢迎来到代托纳比奇
Welcome to Daytona Beach.
没有别人的妻子了
There are no other wives.
你就是杰基·罗宾森吧
You must be Jackie Robinson.
里奇先生只允许你一个人
You’re the only one that Mr. Rickey allowed
跟着来参加春季训练
to spring training.
-谢谢 -你先请
– Thank you. – Mm-hm. After you.
快点儿 教练
Come on, now, Skip.
好的 开始了 小子们
All right, here we go, boys!
-我接到了 我接到了 -我接到了
– I got it! I got it! – I got it!
真是个漂亮的弹跳
That was a pretty big hop, there.
你跳得不错
You got the hop!
春季训练 就是要我们找到自己的特长
Spring training. It’s where we work out our differences.
好了
All right!
你们几个继续假装自己是球员
You boys continue to pretend you’re ballplayers.
早上好 里奥
Morning, Leo.
早上好 里奇先生
Good morning, Mr. Rickey.
他们表现怎么样
How are they doing?
打起来很生疏
They’re rusty,
但我们会让他们找到状态的 不用多久
but we’ll have them oiled up in no time, ready to go.
春季训练的第一天
First day of spring training.
《匹兹堡信使报》的读者们想知道感觉如何
Pittsburgh Courier readers need to know how it feels.
还不错
It’s okay.
这可不适合做标题
That’s not exactly a headline.
我就这么点感想
It’s all I got.
听着 杰克 现在
Look, Jack, right now,
还只是我一个人采访你
it’s just me asking you.
等一下还会有《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
But there’s gonna be The New York Times
和《体育新闻》的人来
and the Sporting News.
你该好好想想
You should think about it.
他们要是有问题我就回答
If they ask something, I’ll answer it.
很好 那现在我就有个问题
Okay, well here’s one for you:
如果有白人投手向你扔球 怎么办
What if one of these white pitchers throws at you?
他们会想办法刺♥激♥你的
Look, they’re gonna try to get under your skin.
你得做好准备
You need to be ready.
听着 听着
Listen, listen.
你知道
You know…
你知道自己在场上的时候
You know how when you’re at the plate…
你希望球能慢点儿飞过来
you want to see the ball come in slow?
你也不希望被追问个不停
You want to see these questions come in slow too.
杰基 杰基
Hey, Jackie. Jackie,
你觉得自己搞得定这些白人小子吗
you think you can make it with these white boys?
我在军队和大学里跟白人相处没什么问题
Uh, I had no problems with white men in the service or at UCLA.
要是这些投手往你头上扔球你会怎么做
What you gonna do if one of these pitchers throws at your head?
是啊 杰克
Yeah, Jack.
-我会躲开 -回答得漂亮
– I’ll duck. – Heh, that’s a good one.
杰克 你原来是打哪个位置的
Hey, Jack, what’s your natural position?
我一直在做游击手
I’ve been playing shortstop.
你会接替皮·维·瑞斯吗
Are you after Pee Wee Reese’s job?
瑞斯效力于布鲁克林
Reese plays for Brooklyn.
我仍然要在蒙特利尔打球
I’m still trying to make Montreal.
杰克 杰克 这里面有政♥治♥原因吗
Hey, Jack. Hey, Jack, is this about politics?
是拿薪水的原因
It’s about getting paid.
是拿薪水的原因 听到他说什么了吗
“About getting paid.” Hear what he said?
是拿薪水的原因
“It’s about getting paid.”
他在开玩笑吧
He’s gotta be kidding.
祝你好运了 霍普
Yeah. Good luck, Hop.
克莱 这是杰基·罗宾森
Clay, Jackie Robinson.
杰基 我来给你介绍克莱·霍普
Jackie, I’d like you to meet Clay Hopper.
蒙特利尔皇家队的主教练
Manager of the Montreal Royals.
杰克 他们都叫我霍普
Jack. They call me Hop.
我们今天不会太辛苦
Now, we ain’t doing much today.
就抛抛球 稍微打一打
Just tossing the ball around, hitting a few.
你可以过去跟他们抛接球了
You can probably toss with those fellows over there.
约根森 过来
Jorgensen, come here!
你不会让他做游击手吧 克莱
You’re not playing him at shortstop, huh, Clay?
他的爆发力不错
Oh, he’s getting by on a quick release.
近距离的话臂力有点弱
His arm’s too weak for short.
我觉得二垒比较合适
I think second base is his spot.
我同意
I agree.
克莱
Clay…
我希望你能让其他的球员
I need you to get the other players
对他表现得绅士一点
to act like gentlemen around him.
对待他就像对待其他队友一样
Treat him like they would any other teammate.
自然点就好了 和谐相处
Be natural, work together in harmony.
双杀
Got the double up!
简直就是超人
That was practically superhuman.
超人
Heh, “Superhuman”?
别得意忘形了 里奇先生

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!