Do I have to be a communist to read Karl Marx?
回答的很中肯
That’s a valid answer.
如果你不是共♥产♥党 那你是什么?
Well, if you’re not a communist, what are you?
– 什么都不是。 – 什么都不是?
– Nothing. – Nothing?
我讨厌所有的政♥府♥形式
I dislike all forms of government.
但总得有人去统治
But somebody must rule!
我也不喜欢”统治”这个词
And I don’t like the word “rule”.
好,如果你不喜欢统治这个词, 就叫它是领导好了
Well, if we don’t like the word “rule”, let’s call it “leadership”.
政♥府♥的领导就是政♥权♥
Leadership in government is political power
政♥权♥是压榨人♥民♥的官方形式
and political power is an official form of antagonizing the people.
你说他编辑的是那么杂♥志♥?
What magazine did you say he edits?
现实评论
A commentary on current events.
抱歉,陛下
Pardon me, Your Majesty.
但我亲爱的年轻人, 政♥治♥是必须的
But my dear young man, politics are necessary.
政♥治♥是强加于人♥民♥的
Politics are rules imposed upon the people.
但在这个国家并无强权
But in this country rules are not imposed,
它是所有自♥由♥公民的希望
they are the wish of all free citizens.
再多走一走。 你就会知道到底有多自♥由♥
Travel around a bit, then you’ll see how free they are.
你还没让我说完
You didn’t let me finish.
他们使每个人套上紧身夹克
They have every man in a straightjacket
没有护照根本无法动弹
and without a passport he can’t move a toe.
在自♥由♥的世界里他们侵犯了 每个公民的天赋权力
In a free world they violate the natural rights of every citizen.
他们成为政♥治♥暴君打手
They have become the weapons of political despots.
如果你和他们的想法不同 就会被剥夺护照
If you don’t think as they think you’re deprived of your passport.
离开一个国家 就像是冲破监牢
To leave a country is like breaking out of jail.
而进入一个国家就难如穿针
And to enter a country is like going through the eye of a needle.
– 我有自♥由♥旅行的自♥由♥吗? – 当然可以
Am I free to travel?
Of course you’re free to travel.
– 只有拥有护照的时候! – 你能让我说几句吗?
– Only with a passport! – May I say something?
只有带上护照才可以
Only with a passport!
动物需要护照吗?
Do animals need passports?
你有完没完?
Have you finished?
这与原子速度的世纪不协调
It’s incongruous that in this atomic age of speed
我们被护照打进轰出
we are shut in and shut out by passports.
你能住口让别人说话吗?
If you’ll shut up and let somebody else talk!
– 言论自♥由♥,它存在吗? – 不,全是你的自♥由♥了
– And free speech, does that exist? – No, you’ve got it all.
还有自♥由♥企业…
And free enterprise?
我们刚才在谈护照…
We were talking of passports.
今天全是垄断专♥制♥
Today it’s all monopoly.
好了,你可不可以…
All right, now will you…
我能加入汽车业 和汽车托拉斯竞争吗?
Can I go into the automobile business and compete?
我能加入说句话吗?
If I can get in a word!
毫无机会!我能进入 食品杂货业与连锁店竞争吗?
Not a chance! Can I go into the grocery business and compete?
– 你不能住嘴吗? – 没有可能!
– Will you shut up? – Not a chance!
垄断是自♥由♥企业的威胁
Monopoly is the menace of free enterprise.
我回想六十年前
As I look back 60 years ago…
六十年前你在哪里?
Where were you 60 years ago?
他那时是他祖父眼中的 一道闪光
He was a glint in his great grandfather’s eye!
很好,你说完了没有?
Very well, now. Have you finished?
现在让我说几句
Now let me say something.
让我告诉你,你有多荒唐。 首先…
Let me tell you how wrong you are. In the first place…
首先
In the first place…
我忘了我想说什么了
I’ve forgotten what I wanted to say.
还有原♥子♥弹♥!
And the atomic bomb!
当全世界为原子能哭泣时 它就是罪恶
It’s a crime that when the world cries for atomic energy
是你想制♥造♥原♥子♥弹♥的
you want to make atomic bombs.
我?
Me?
我是反对原♥子♥弹♥的
I’m against atomic bombs!
你想抹去人类文明, 摧毁所有的生命
You want to wipe out civilization, destroy all life
在这个星球上
on this planet!
你还以为你生存着… 在这十九世纪
You still think you’re living in the 19th century!
我就是因为反对原♥子♥弹♥ 而失去王位
I lost my throne because I didn’t want atomic bombs!
你和你这种人以为原♥子♥弹♥ 能解除你们的麻烦
You and your kind think atomic bombs can solve your problems.
听着你这小混♥蛋♥
Listen, you little rat!
今日的人类拥有太多的力量
Today man has too much power.
罗马帝国由于凯撒的 被刺而崩溃瓦解
The Roman Empire collapsed with the assassination of Cesar – why?
为什么?因为滥用权力
Because of too much power.
法国大革命粉碎了封建制度, 为什么?
Feudalism blew up with the French revolution – why?
也就是因为滥用权力
Because of too much power.
今天全世界将会摧毁。为什么?
And today the whole world will blow up – why?
还是因为滥用权力
Because of too much power.
权力的专♥制♥
The monopoly of power
是自♥由♥的威胁
is a menace to freedom.
它污辱并迫♥害♥了每个个体
It degrades and victimizes every individual.
个体到底在哪里?
And where is the individual?
我不知道
I don’t know.
消失在恐怖中。 因为它用恨去取代爱
Lost in terror because he is made to hate instead of love.
我们必须为延续文明 而全力奋战
If civilization is to survive we must combat power
直到恢复人性的尊严与和平
until the dignity and peace of man are restored.
这是在干什么?
What’s the meaning of this?
– 有消息吗? – 没有
– Any news? – No, Sir.
没有原子委员会的消息?
Nothing from the Atomic Commission?
一点也没有,先生,我上星期又 写信给他们。但尚未有回信
Not a word. I wrote them again last week but have had no reply.
奇怪
Strange.
没有消息,没有社交邀请
No news. No social invitations.
– 我相信备有瓜葛。 – 为什么?
– I believe it’s a boycott. – Why?
可能因您说错了话
It could be something you said.
我记得您刚到时在记者 招待会上的被访,有些政♥治♥性
Your interview with the press was rather political.
政♥治♥性?
当您称您的核能计划会革新 现代生活并带来乌托邦
You mentioned your atomic plans
would revolutionize modern life and bring about a utopia.
又有什么错?
What’s wrong with that?
现在活在这么个歇斯底里 的国家里的人
Well, at the moment, everyone’s in such a state of hysteria
都被这个乌托邦论调吓坏了
that such talk as utopia terrifies them.
我从未听过这种糊涂事
I never heard such nonsense.
那是什么?
What’s that?
啊!没准是原子 委员会的消息
Might be news from the Atomic Commission!
不,是酒店帐单,我认得信封。 他们已经送来五次了
No, it’s the hotel bill. I know the envelope, they’ve sent it 5 times.
– 我们欠他们多少? – 一万一千块
How much do we owe them?
$11,000.
– 怎么会那么贵呢? – 我们已经住了6星期了
Isn’t that exorbitant?
Well, we’ve been here 6 weeks.
还包括您付的三千现金
It also includes $3,000 you’ve had in cash.
我们还剩多少?
How much have we left?
一分不剩,先生
Not a penny, Sir.
可惜没接那些电视广♥告♥
Too bad we didn’t accept those TV offers.
– 我想我们得搬去便宜点的酒店。 – 不,不,这里挺舒服嘛
I think we should move to a cheaper hotel.
No, it’s quite comfortable here.
但气氛越来越坏
But the atmosphere’s becoming frigid.
连侍者也变得粗鲁
Even the waiters are getting rude.
我叫了十分钟还没人来
I’ve been trying to get one for 10 minutes.
你想要份午餐吗,先生?
Would you like some lunch, Sir?
噢,简单一些,一点鱼子酱, 烤面片加洋葱
Something simple. Caviar, toast and onions.
鱼子酱!
Caviar?
是的,大颗的, 还有洋葱切薄些
Yes, a large tin of it, and chop the onions very fine.
你也一样吗,贾姆?
Same for you, Jaume?
谢谢,陛下,我要份 火腿三文治和一点啤酒
Thank you, Your Majesty, I’ll take a ham sandwich and a beer.
噢,再来些伏特加,加冰
And some vodka, on ice!
陛下
Your Majesty!
你这是什么意思?
What’s the meaning of this?
抱歉
Pardon me, Sir.
陛下,我有话要和你谈
Your Majesty, I’ve just got to talk to you.
求求您,先听完,若您不喜欢 就把我赶出去
Please, listen first and if you don’t like it, throw me out.
陛下,我从未失言过
Your Majesty, I never take no for an answer.
首先这是皇冠威士忌公♥司♥ 开出的5万美金的支票
I have a check for $50,000 from the Royal Crown Whiskey Co.
我知道您不稀罕这批钱但是…
I know you don’t need the dough…
请坐,凯小姐
Be seated, Miss Kay.
谢谢,先生
Thank you, Sir.
谢谢,先生
Thank you, Sir.
陛下,我们的条件是 您上电视
Your Majesty, here’s the proposition.
坐在一个富丽堂皇的大厅里
You’re on television, seated in a beautiful baronial hall.
管家为您倒了 一杯皇冠威士忌
A butler pours you a glass of Royal Crown Whiskey,
你用那天生迷人的皇家声调 说几个字,然后喝酒
and with your natural majestic charm you say a few words and drink.
我去替威士忌做广♥告♥?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!