Just briefly. Summarize. And
别告诉我你想被孩子们围着 好吗
don’t tell me you enjoy working with children, okay?
这个嘛
Well,
我想去旅行
I’d like to travel and
或许还想回学校读书 但是
maybe go back to school, but
我也不太清楚
I don’t really know.
我现在所处的人生阶段 看起来
I’m at a point in my life where there seems to be
有很多种可能性
so many possibilities.
但我不知道 心里没底
But I don’t know. I’m just so unsure.
你有男朋友吗
Do you have a boyfriend?
没有
No, not really.
有意思
Interesting.
你在跟谁交往吗
Are you seeing anyone?
我是说认真的关系
I mean, seriously?
可能吧
Maybe.
我不知道
I don’t know.
算不上
Not really.

Jean?
你感到满足吗
Do you feel fulfilled?
我是说在生活上
I mean, in your life?
应该吧
I guess I do.
长时间以来 我太专注工作了
For a long time, I was too focused on my work.
但现在 我真的开始思考转变
But now I’ve really begun to think about changing myself.
自我发展和成长
You know, developing and growing.
成长
Growing.
很高兴听到你这么说
I’m glad you said that.
你知道
Did you know that
泰德·邦迪的第一只狗是牧羊犬
Ted Bundy’s first dog, a collie,
美国七十年代连环杀手
叫做蕾西[姑娘]was named Lassie?
你听说过吗
Had you heard this?
泰德·邦迪是谁
Who’s Ted Bundy?
算了
Forget it.
那是什么
What’s that?
强力胶带
Duct tape.
我拿来…
I need it for…
封点东西
taping something.
帕特里克
Patrick?
你曾经想过
Have you ever wanted to
让某人幸福吗
make someone happy?
什么 不 把勺子放进纸杯里
What? No! Put it in the carton!
抱歉
Sorry.

Jean?
你说什么
What?
让某人幸福
Make someone happy.
你曾经这么想过吗
Have you ever wanted to?
我在找…
I’m looking for…
我觉得可以说是
I guess you could say
我只是想和一个特别的人
I just want to have a meaningful relationship
拥有一段有意义的关系
with someone special.
帕特里克 帕特里克
Patrick. Patrick.
我知道你在家
I know you’re there.
快接电♥话♥ 坏男人
Pick up the phone, you bad boy.
你今晚要做什么
What are you up to tonight?
是我 别想躲着我
It’s me. Don’t try to hide.
希望你现在
I hope you’re not out there
不是在跟哪个小妞鬼混
with some little number you picked up,
因为你是我的 贝特曼先生
because you’re mine, Mr. Bateman.
我的邻家男孩
My boy next door.
不过你从不给我打电♥话♥ 虽然你答应过
Anyway you never called me, and you said you would.
我会给琴留言来提醒你
And I’ll leave a message for Jean about this, too, to remind you,
不过我们要跟梅拉尼娅和泰勒共进晚餐
but we’re having dinner with Melania and Taylor.
你认识梅拉尼娅 她去过野玫瑰餐厅
You know Melania. She went to Sweet Briar.
我们在康奈尔俱乐部碰面
and we’re meeting at the Cornell Club,
所以我明早再给你打电♥话♥ 亲爱的
so I’ll call you tomorrow morning, honey.
抱歉 我知道你讨厌这个称呼
Sorry. I know you hate that.
再见 帕特里克
Bye, Patrick.
再见 霸道总裁先生
Bye, Mr. Big Time CEO.
再见
Bye-bye.
那是伊芙琳吗
Was that Evelyn?
你还在跟她交往吗
Are you still seeing her?
抱歉 我无权过问
I’m sorry. I have no right to ask that.
你想让我走吗
Do you want me to go?

Yeah.
我觉得我控制不了自己
I don’t think I can control myself.
我知道我该离开了
I know I should go.
我知道我总是和名草有主的男人纠缠不清
I know I have a tendency to get involved with unavailable men.
我是说
I mean…
你希望我离开吗
Do you want me to go?
我觉得如果你留下
I think if you stay,
就会有坏事发生
something bad will happen.
我觉得我可能会伤害你
I think I might hurt you.
你不想受伤 对吧
You don’t want to get hurt, do you?
是 我不想
No. No, I guess not.
我不想弄得一身淤青
I don’t want to get bruised.
你说得对
You’re right.
我该走了
I should go.
别忘了你明天约了唐纳德·坎鲍尔
Don’t forget you have a lunch date tomorrow
在史密斯和沃尔伦斯基餐厅吃午餐
with Donald Kimball at Smith and Wollensky’s.
多谢
Thanks.
我完全忘了这事
It slipped my mind completely.
话说
So.
他失踪的那晚
The night he disappeared.
你想起来自己干什么了吗
Any new thoughts about what you did?
我不确定
Not sure.
我洗了个澡
I had a shower,
吃了点冰沙
and some sorbet.
我想你是把各种约会搞混了
I think you’re getting your dates mixed up.
怎么搞混了
But how?
那你觉得保罗那晚去哪里了
Where do you place Paul that night?
从他的日程表来看
According to his datebook,
他的秘书也证实过了
and this was verified by his secretary,
那晚他和马库斯·哈博斯特拉姆吃了晚餐
he had dinner with Marcus Halberstram.
-然后呢 -我问了他
– And? – I questioned him.
-马库斯吗 -是的 他否认了
– Marcus? – Yes, and he denies it.
尽管一开始他不是很确定
Though, at first, he couldn’t be sure.
-但他否认了 -没错
– But he denied it. – Yes.
马库斯有不在场证明吗
Well, does Marcus have an alibi?

Yes.
他有吗 你确定
He does? You’re sure?
我检查过了 清白无误
I’ve checked it out. It’s clean.
现在的问题是
Now…
你当时在哪
where were you?
马库斯在哪
Where was Marcus?
他没和保罗·艾伦在一起
He wasn’t with Paul Allen.
那他和谁在一起
Who was he with?
他当时在亚特兰蒂斯餐厅
He was at Atlantis
在场的有克雷格·麦克德莫特
with Craig McDermott,
弗雷德里克·迪博
Frederick Dibble,
哈利·纽曼 乔治·布特纳 还有…
Harry Newman, George Butner, and…

you.
是的 没错 当然了
Right, yeah. Of course.
我们之前希望保罗·艾伦能来
We had wanted Paul Allen to come,
但他另有安排了
but he had made plans,
我猜我是在隔天晚上和维多利亚吃的晚餐
and I guess I had dinner with Victoria the following night.
在我看来 我觉得那家伙有点疯了
Personally, I think the guy went a little nutso.
才暂时离开这里一阵 可能他是去了伦敦
Split town for a while. Maybe he did go to London,
观光 喝酒什么的
sightseeing, drinking, whatever.
总之 我确定他迟早会露面的
Anyway, I’m pretty sure he’ll turn up sooner or later.
我是说 怀疑他的某个朋友
I mean, to think that one of his friends killed him
无缘无故杀了他什么的 也太荒谬了
for no reason whatsoever would be too ridiculous.
不是吗 帕特里克

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章马达加斯加
下一篇文章国家公敌
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!