别急 冷静点
All right, all right, calm down.
冷静下来我才能帮到你
Calm down, I can’t help you.
看着我的眼睛 冷静点
Hmm? Hey, look at me. Calm down.
别哭 告诉我发生了什么我才能帮你
I can’t help you if you don’t stop crying and talk to me.
到底怎么了
Hey. What is it?
噢 是这样 嗯…
Oh. Well, all right. Um…
我们只要…
Here. We’ll just, uh…
玛格丽特?
Margaret?
玛格丽特?
Margaret.
你能去售货机给南茜
Would you get Nancy a pad, please
买♥♥包卫生巾吗
from the dispenser on the wall?
她来月经了 亲爱的
She got her period, sweetie.
她每次情绪都这么激动吗
Does she always act like that?
这是她的第一次 有点儿害怕
Well, it’s her first time. She’s just a little scared.
谢谢你 亲爱的
Thank you, sweetie.
好了好了
All right. Yeah?
好了
All right.
你们俩洗洗手
Well, you girls wash up.
我去告诉大家不用担心
I’m going to go tell the others not to worry.
别花太久了 好吗
Not too long now. Okay?
上帝在吗 我是玛格丽特
Are you there, God? It’s me, Margaret.
我都不知道说什么好了
I don’t even know what to say.
我可以去佛罗里达?
I’m going to Florida?
生日快乐 -谢谢你 妈妈
Happy birthday. – Mom. Thank you so much.

Hey!
生日快乐 -谢谢你
Happy birthday. – Thank you.
座位怎么摆成这样
Why do we have different seats?
老师说我们要分组学习不同的国家
He said we’re in groups to study different countries.
喔 嗨
Oh. Hey.
嗨 生日快乐
Hey. Happy birthday.
谢谢 -对了
Thanks. – Oh, and, uh,
我也有给你的礼物 -哎哟
I got you something. – Ow!
掐一下就能长一寸
It’s a pinch to grow an inch.
你知道你身上哪里需要那一寸 嗨
And you know where you need that inch. Hey.
上帝在吗 我是玛格丽特
Are you there, God? It’s me, Margaret.
我恨菲利普·勒罗伊!
I hate Philip Leroy. I hate him.
我也恨劳拉·丹克和她的大胸
I hate Laura Danker, too! With her big boobs.
“所有人都看着我 看着我撑起的毛衣”
“Ooh, look at me, everybody, I’m wearing a sweater.”
我恨南茜那个骗子
I hate Nancy. That liar!
还有诺曼·费舍尔 读书的时候
And Norman Fisher, the way that he reads
嘴巴在那叭叭
with his stupid lips flapping everywhere!
求你了 快让我去佛罗里达吧!
Please. Please, just hurry up and get me to Florida!
菲利普和诺曼也该来的
Philip and Norman should be here.
他俩把工作全扔给了我们
They make us do all the work.
你妈妈什么时候来接你
What time is your mom picking you up?
还要晚些
Not till later.
我得先去圣托马斯忏悔
I have to go to St. Thomas for Confession first.
忏悔?
Confession?
天主教♥徒♥的必修课
It’s just something you have to do when you’re Catholic.
你都忏悔些什么
What do you confess?
就是一些事情
Things.
什么事情
What kinds of things?
当我没问
Never mind.
你在照着书抄
You’re just copying straight out of the World Book.
就七个字而已
It’s four words.
德国入侵比利时
“Germany invaded Belgium when…”
那也是作弊
So, you’re still cheating.
本尼迪克特老师会发现你作弊的
Mr. Benedict will know if you’re cheating.
我没有作弊!
I’m not cheating! Jeez!
别装的好像你什么都知道
Quit acting like you know everything
自己有多么了不起
and you’re so great.
这跟了不起没关系
This has nothing to do with being great.
你干了什么我都知道
I know all about the stuff that you do.
你什么意思
What’s that supposed to mean?
我听说过你和穆斯·弗里德的事
I heard about you and Moose Freed.
我和他的什么事
What about me and Moose Freed?
你跟埃文和穆斯跑到食杂店后面
Oh, how you and Evan and Moose go behind the A&P
我为什么要这么做
And why would I do that?
谁知道你为什么这么做 但我知道他们为什么
I don’t know why you do it. But I know why they do it.
这样他们就可以摸你 你也愿意让他们摸
So they can feel you up or something and you let them.
胡说 你个骗子
You’re a liar. You’re lying!
我没胡说
I’m not lying.
你跟南茜一模一样
You’re just like Nancy.
你们专找别人的碴 瞎编故事
All you do is pick on people and make up stories.
你以为我不了解你和你的那些朋友吗
You think I don’t know about you and your friends?
劳拉!
Laura!
等等 劳拉
Wait. Please! Laura!
等等 -你以为我不知道
Wait up. Please! – You think I don’t know
你们拿我开玩笑 还觉得是一件乐事
that all of you make fun of me like it’s some kind of game?
不是我 -你以为我想成为
It’s not me. – Do you think I want to be
班上最成熟的孩子吗
the biggest kid in the class?
换做是你四年级就开始穿文胸
How would you feel if you were to wear a bra in fourth grade
而且每个人都因为外表而骂你的话
and everybody called you names
你会怎么想
just because of how you looked?
我不知道
I don’t know.
等等 我真的很抱歉
Hey, wait. I really am sorry.
劳拉
Laura?
劳拉
Laura.
上帝 我是世界上最坏的人
I’m the worst person who ever lived, God.
我刻薄的欺负了劳拉·丹克
I picked on Laura Danker just because I felt mean.
我不想跟南茜一样
I don’t want to be like Nancy.
我都不知道我还想不想跟她做朋友了
I don’t even know if I want to be friends with her anymore.
我一直在找你 上帝
I’ve been looking for you, God.
无论是犹太教堂里
I looked for you in Temple,
还是基♥督♥教堂里
I looked for you in Church…
我都没有感受到你的存在
I didn’t feel you at all.
为什么会这样呢 上帝
Why? Why, God?
为什么我只有在孤单一人时 才能感受到你
Why do I only feel you when I’m alone?
孩子
Yes, my child.
你有什么要忏悔的吗
Do you have something you’d like to confess?
嗯…
Um…
我…
I…
我做了一件非常坏的事
I did something really awful.
还…
And…
我真的很抱歉
I’m really sorry.
亲爱的芭芭拉
“Dear Barbara,
你的信仿佛是我们的祈祷得到了回应
“your letter felt like an answer to prayer.
你♥爸♥爸和我一直很想念你
“Your father and I have been thinking about you a lot.
我们越来越老了 突然发现这世上最重要的事
“We’re getting older and suddenly, more than anything,
就是能见见我们的女儿
“we’d like to see our only daughter
以及见见我们的孙女 玛格丽特·安
“and finally get to know our granddaughter, Margaret Ann.”
我们下周坐飞机过来
“We’re flying east next week,
希望你能接受我们的拜访
“and we sincerely hope you’ll let us visit.
爱你的母亲 玛丽·哈钦斯
“Love, your mother, Mary Hutchins.”
你给他们寄了贺卡?
So you sent them a card?
我也不知道自己为什么这么做
I don’t know why.
你还记得当初他们是怎么
Do you remember what it was like
把你赶出门的吗
when they just cast you out?
记得
Yes.
你真记得吗
Do you?
因为我记得很清楚
Because I remember.
我知道
I know. I know.
他们对你的态度…
How they treated you was just…
我知道 -他们对我的态度?
I know. – How they treated me?
他们说你会下地狱
They think you’re going to hell
就因为嫁了个犹太人
because you married a Jew.
好好想想
Think about that.
我…
I…
我知道
I know.
你真的想重新接纳他们吗
Do you really, really want to open up that door?