All right. Mmm.
明天见
See you tomorrow.
我想买♥♥个文胸
I want to get a bra.

Oh.
你… 你觉得你需要吗
You… You think you need one?
不是 宝贝
Oh, no. Oh, honey.
对不起 我的意思是…
I’m so sorry. No, I just mean that, uh…
文胸是一种负担
Bras are kind of a pain,
所以 如果还没到时候
so you know, why start sooner
何必提前穿呢
than you need to?
但如果你确实想要 我们会给你买♥♥
But if you want one, we… we can get you one.

Well, yeah.
所以你确实想要
So you want one?
对啊 我已经说过了
Yes. I already said that.
好的
Right. Okay.
没问题 回头就去买♥♥
Great. Well, all right. Well, then, we will do that.
就这周怎么样 -好 晚安
This week? – Yes. Good night.
晚安 宝贝
Good night. Good night, my sweet. Okay.
上帝啊 终于结束了
So glad that’s over with, God.
对不起 稍等一下
I’m sorry. Hold on, just a moment.
你是来参加家长会的吗
Are you here for the PTA meeting?
是的 你好 我是芭芭拉·西蒙
Oh, yes. Hi, hi. I’m Barbara Simon.
芭芭拉 我是简·惠勒 南茜妈妈
Oh, Barbara! I’m Jan Wheeler. Nancy’s mother.
我见过玛格丽特 -是嘛
I met Margaret. – Oh, oh.
我们马上就开始了 快来吧
We’re just about to get started, so please come in.
请坐 -谢谢
Have a seat. – Okay, thank you.
好了 -随便坐吗
All right. – Just anywhere is fine?
坐这儿吧 -好的
Here. Just right here. – Okay, okay.
让我们开始吧
Here we go.
感谢大家的到来
Thank you all for coming.
德拉诺小学可不能没有你们这些热心的家长
Delano is nothing without its dedicated parents.
让我们直奔主题
Let’s dive right in and get started
像往年一样
the way we do every year,
组建我们的家委会
by forming our committees.
首先是校园改善家委会
First up, we have the Campus Improvement Committee.
有自愿的吗
Any volunteers?
好的
Ooh. Okay.
太好了
Oh. Wonderful.
芭芭拉 记下了
Uh-huh. Barbara, I got you. Okay.
接下来是德拉诺社交家委会
Next, the Delano Social Committee.
当然
Sure, yeah. Okay.
好的 -太好了
Okay. – Great.
筹款家委会
All right. The Fundraising Committee.
真了不起 芭芭拉
Good for you, Barbara.
非常好
This is going to be great.
时间到 放下笔
All right, pencils down.
把卷子传上来
Kindly pass your worksheets forward.
玛格丽特 你考得怎么样
How’d you do, Margaret?
我觉得还不错
I think I did pretty good.
好了
All right, uh…
下课前 我想公布一个消息
Before the bell, I want to share some news
你们肯定会特别高兴
that I think will make you all very happy.
现在你们六年级了
Now that you all are in the sixth grade,
你们要做一个整整一年的研究项目
you’ll get to do a full, year-long research project.
太好了
Yes!
一点儿都不好
The worst.
玛格丽特 留下来
Margaret, I would like to talk to you
我想跟你谈谈
for a moment after class.
你干了什么
Uh-oh. What’d you do, Margaret?
嗨 -请坐
Hi. – Please have a seat.
基本上 在研究开始前
So basically, I’m just having little chats
我会跟每个学生聊聊
with each student in advance of your research projects
回答一些你们的问题
to answer any questions
或者引导你们选择一个研究主题
or perhaps guide you toward a topic of choice.

Oh.
我读了你的自我介绍
And I read your getting-to-know-you paper.
发现你在讨厌的东西这一栏
And I noticed under the “I hate” section,
填了宗教节日
you wrote “religious holidays.”
对此我有些好奇
Which I… I found curious.
如果你不愿意讲
If you don’t want to share, you don’t…
也没关系
You don’t have to, Margaret.
不是的 只是…
Oh, no. It’s just, um…
我觉得是因为我从来不庆祝这些宗教节日
I guess I just don’t like those holidays
所以才不喜欢它们
because I don’t celebrate any of them.
我爸爸信奉犹太教 妈妈信奉基♥督♥教
My dad is Jewish and my mom’s Christian,
所以他们没让我选择哪一边
so instead of picking which religion I am, uh,
而是让我长大了
they just decided that I wouldn’t have one
再自己决定
and I can choose when I grow up.
所以你想过这个问题吗
And have you given that much thought?
还没有 奶奶想让我选择犹太教
Not really. My grandma wants me to be Jewish.
我猜你的外祖父母
And your other grandparents
想让你选择基♥督♥教
want you to be Christian, I imagine.
我不知道 我从来没见过他们
I don’t know. I’ve never met them before.
他们住在俄亥俄州
They live in Ohio.
你从来没见过他们
So you’ve never met them at all?
没有 -好吧
No. – Oh.
如果我可以给你一些建议的话
Well, if I may suggest it,
我认为”宗教”
I feel like “religion” could be
会是一个很有吸引力的研究主题
a very compelling research topic for you.
票在第十排
Tickets are tenth row,
正中间 很难买♥♥到
dead center, very hard to get.
告诉她 -我会的
Tell her that. – I will.
她很兴奋吗 -很兴奋
Is she excited? – She’s excited.
我是说她是真的特别兴奋吗
Well, I mean, is she excited or is she just excited?
特别兴奋
She’s excited.
好吧好吧 不缠着你了 我反正很兴奋
Okay, okay, okay, okay, I’ll let you go. Well, I’m excited!
拜拜 -拜拜
Okay, bye. – Bye.

Hey.
嗨 -为什么把沙发扔了
Hey. – What happened to the couch?
是时候换个新的了
Uh, it’s time to turn over a new leaf.
我想换个更现代化的
I was thinking maybe something modern?
还没想好 学校怎么样
I don’t know. I have to think about it. How was school?
你回来的有点晚
You’re home a little later than usual, huh?
是啊
Yeah.
为什么我从买♥♥没见过外公外婆
Hey. How come I’ve never met your mom or dad?
嗯…
Um…
你怎么会问这个
Well, what made you think about that?
只是好奇
Just wondering.
我是说 我知道因为太远了
I mean, I know that we don’t see them
所以见不到面
because they’re so far away,
但为什么从来没联♥系♥过
but why don’t we even talk to them?
就是没联♥系♥
We just, we just don’t.
这…
It’s, uh… It’s, um…
说来话长
It’s such a long story.
什么意思
What do you mean?
回头我再告诉你
I mean, I’ll tell you another time.
为什么不能现在说
Why can’t you just tell me now?
嗯…
Um…
就是…
I just…
是这样…
Look, I just…
嗯…
Uh…
嗯…
So, um…
我们没联♥系♥过是因为…
We don’t see my parents because, um…
他们不想跟我们联♥系♥
They don’t want to.
什么
What?
你外公外婆是非常虔诚的基♥督♥徒
My mom and dad are very, very devout Christians, and…
在你出生前
before you were born,
你♥爸♥爸和我谈恋爱的时候
when your dad and I first fell in love,
他们告诉我他们不能接受
um, they told me that it would be very hard for them
有一个…
to, uh, have a…
抱歉