the building’s daycare center,
以及圣路易市的税务分局
and the St. Louis branch of the Internal Revenue Service,
该局原本是这场攻击的目标
which was ultimately determined to be the target of the attack.
承租货车的是三十三岁的电工技师
The truck was leased by this 33-year-old electrician.
迪恩史寇毕
Dean Scobee.
史寇毕因逃税而入狱
Scobee had served prison time for tax evasion.
监视录影带显示他当时在货车里
And surveillance videos showed that he was inside the vehicle,
与63位死者同归于尽
leaving him among the 63 dead.
有人不记得这件事吗
Does anyone not remember this?
大家都记得侦办结果
We all remember the results of the investigation.
他们说是史寇毕一手策划进行的 单独一人 没有同伙
They said Scobee acted alone. One man. No conspirators. Right.
他欺骗税务局被抓到了 所以他就炸毁税务局
He cheated the IRS. They caught him at it, so he blew them up.
别人形容他身材适中
This is a guy who people described as average,
为人友善
friendly.
当过兵 却是负责无线通讯的
He’d been in the army, but as a radio man.
对军♥火♥所知甚少
He had very little experience with munitions.
他的父母认为他是不偏激的保守人士
His parents considered him a moderate conservative.
而在事发的前两个礼拜
And two weeks prior to this,
才刚获得加薪
he received a pay raise at his electrician’s job!
这真的像是个濒临崩溃 或受了刺♥激♥的人吗
Does that sound like a man who’s on the edge or who needed a push?
说啊 我不知道 所以才问
Come on. I don’t know. I’m just asking.
拜托 教授 联邦调查局大动作调查过
Come on, Professor. The Feds, they did this huge investigation.
没错 调查 我忘了
That’s right, an investigation. I forgot.
但我对这个调查并不满意
Well, the investigation didn’t satisfy me.
欧尼尔小姐 你听说这新闻时
Miss O’Neal, when you first heard the news,
有恐♥怖♥份♥子♥攻击你的国家 你有什么感觉
terrorist attack in your own country, how did that make you feel?
说啊 嗯
Come on. Well…
有什么感觉
What did you feel?
生气
Angry,
害怕和紧张
scared and stressed.
你感到安全吗 不
Did you feel safe? No.
到了第二天 他们发现史寇毕已死
Then the next day, when they found Scobee dead,
你是否感到放心多了 有安全感了
did you feel some relief? Did safety return?
大厦里的人觉得安全
The people in that building, they felt safe,
受到保护
SECUTE.
就跟你现在的感觉一样
Just like you feel now.
然后突然间
Then, an instant later,
突然间
in an instant,
他们就永远消失了
they were gone forever.
我们需要找个代罪羔羊
We needed to have this man to blame.
我们不要别人
We don’t want others.
只迫切需要一个名字
We want one name and we want it fast
因为那会让我们恢复安全感
because it gives us our security back.
可以说”就是这个人 他居心叵测
We can say, “Here was the one man, unlike the rest of us.
“我们查出了他 他已经不在了
“We’ve named him, and he is no more.
“他犯案的动机也消失了”
“And his reasons, they’re gone, too.”
但真♥相♥是 我们不知道他的动机
But the truth is, we don’t know his reasons,
不知道史寇毕为何要这么做
we don’t know why Scobee did it.
为什么事情会变成这样
Why it came to this!
我们可以装懂的说
We can pretend we do,
原因是一万元的税金 但我们不知道
the $10,000 in taxes, but we don’t know.
永远也不会知道
And we’ll never know.
但我们仍感到安全
And still we feel safe
因为我们知道他的名字了
because we know his name.
以神为鉴 以神为鉴
As God is my witness As God is my witness
我发誓 我发誓
I promise to give .I promise to give
与孤单的人为友 与孤单的人为友
friendship to those in need, friendship to those in need,
帮助有难的人 帮助有难的人
help to those in trouble. help to those in trouble.
我将秉持信念和荣誉 我将秉持信念和荣誉
I will work with faith and honor I will work with faith and honor
坚持童军守则 坚持童军守则
to uphold the Discoverer Code, to uphold the Discoverer Code,
尊重自己 尊重自己
to respect myself, to respect myself,
家人 家人
my family my family
和国家 和国家
and my country. and my country.
各位先生女士 请欢迎474号♥童子军小队
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Junior Discovery Troop 474.
这是奥利佛的工作室
This is Oliver’s study where he,
要躲开我和孩子他就来这里
you know, gets away from the kids and me, I suppose.
这些都是你做过的专案
These are all projects you’ve worked on?
希望是如此 这些都是我搜集的老建筑
I wish. No, I collect sketches,
草稿 蓝图和设计图
blueprints, designs of old buildings.
这是蒙提萨罗的正面图 下面那个是沃尔沃夫大楼
This is a front view of Monticello. Down there is the Woolworth Building.
这是他的嗜好
It’s his hobby.
圣路易拱门 对
The St. Louis Arch. Yes, correct.
那这些草图和大厦
So, then all these drawings, these buildings,
都不只是为了你的工作
they’re not just for your job, then?

No.
也不全是购物中心
So they’re not all shopping malls.
不 我不知道有哪座购物中心具有建筑特色
No, I don’t know of any architecturally significant shopping malls.
亲爱的 你只是还没开始建造罢了
Honey, you just haven’t built them yet.
谁饿啦 我饿死了
Who’s hungry? I’m famished.
来吧 有很好吃的泡芙派饼哦
Come on. I’ve got some really delicious puff pastry.
政♥治♥人物上班时忙得很 得叫他们坐在位子上
They work so hard when they’re there. You’ve gotta keep them in their seats.
我认为这点在政♥治♥上很重要
Politically, there’s something to be said for that, I think.
对 好玩极了
Yeah, it was a lot of fun.
这张是我们正要去教会 大家都以为我们要去墨西哥
Here we are leaving the church. Everyone thought we were going to Mexico.
你们是去哪里呢
Where were you going?
我们是想去那里 但飞机根本没起飞
We were going there, but the plane never left the ground.
引擎出了问题
Some engine trouble.
一直到早上才能飞 所以我们只好在威奇塔机场旅馆
We couldn’t leave till morning, so we wound up spending our wedding night
度过新婚之夜了
at the Wichita Airport Motel.
真浪漫
How romantic.
一晚19元 的确很棒
For $19, it was wonderful.
你们结婚多久了
How long have you two been married?
到八月就12年了
Twelve years in August.
对其他人而言是什么样的榜样
…what kind of example is that for everybody else?
我不认为
I don’t think
我们从政♥治♥人物身上学到责任 那是从家庭里学到的
we learn responsibility from politicians. We really learn it from family.
我们关心的是这些人
It’s the people that we care about.
以及他们所关心的事 因此
It’s what they care about. That’s where…
这是我爸 我十几岁时他就过世了
My dad, he died when I was a teenager.
我很遗憾 农场意外
I’m sorry. Farm accident.
大部分来自我父亲 你的又是来自谁呢
My father, mostly. Who would you say you get yours from?
我的什么 价值观吗
My what? My values?
大概是来自我太太吧
Probably from my wife.
价值观 什么价值观
Values? What values?
麦可和我在讨论我们的价值观从何而来
Well, Michael and I were talking about where you get your values from
我们都认为多半来自家庭
and we were both saying it’s mostly from family.
不然还能来自哪里呢 明星吗 政♥治♥人物吗
Where else are you gonna get them? Celebrities? Politicians?
这世纪绝不可能
Not in this century.
我只觉得目前情况很糟
I just think it’s a sorry state of affairs
你完全找不到可以让你投下一票的模范人物
when you can’t find a role model to cast your vote for.
甚至也不必是模范人物
It’s not even role models, necessarily,
只要那些人能承担行动后果
it’s just people who acknowledge the consequences of their actions.
或者为行动付出代价
Or pay for those actions.
我觉得应该把某些政♥治♥人物关起来
I think we should put some of these politicians in jail.
奥利佛 你不能要求政♥府♥全无过失 这样不行的
Oliver, you can’t ask government to be infallible. You just can’t.
但你可以要求政♥府♥负责任
But you can ask it to be accountable.
我可以要求它诚实
I can ask it to be honest.
丽亚过世时 我只希望
You know, when Leah died all I wanted
有人来告诉我
was someone to tell me,
“我们犯了错” 知道吗
“We made a mistake.” You know?
“我们犯了错 你太太蒙受其害
“We made a mistake, your wife suffered for it,
“如果可能 我们愿意让一切重来一百次”
“and we’d take it back 100 times if we could.”
可是他们没有说
But they don’t say that.
她就会
She would’ve.
他们有些人认识她
Some of them knew her.
他们努力地要对人直率 诚实
They work so hard at being able to look you in the eye.
抱歉
Excuse me.
让他静一静 没事的
Leave him alone. He’s fine.
抱歉
Sorry.
没关系
It’s okay.
看得出来你很想她

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!