Husband, father of three, amateur gun-collector,
是维吉尼亚州西部活跃的极右♥派♥人士
an outspoken member of the right-wing extremists here in West Virginia.
在联邦调查局看来 认为帕森
To the FBI, it appeared that Parsons
囤积武器准备发动攻击
was stockpiling weapons for some sort of offensive.
所以 他们派了四位带有搜查令的探员
So, they sent four FBI agents with a search warrant here
认为能够发现大量枪枝
thinking that they would uncover some sort of treasure chest of felony firearms.
战争军♥火♥
Munitions for war.
十一月七号♥ 我们在观察你
Seven-November, we got you eyeballed.
支援就快到了
Backup’s en route.
老板 要怎么处理此事
How’re you gonna handle this, Boss?
简单行事
The easy way.
对 这我听过
Yeah. I heard that.
嘿 小朋友
Hey, there, mister.
抓鱼来当晚饭啊
You catch yourself some dinner?
那边是你家吗
Is that your house over there?
你♥爸♥爸在不在家
Do you know if your father is home, son?
他不认识你们
He don’t know you.
对 我们是从华盛顿来的
No, son, we’re from Washington.
就在围篱边 他们遇上帕森最年幼的儿子 他十岁
Here at this fence line, they encountered Parsons’ youngest son, age 10.
他们问他父亲在哪里 但却疏忽了
They asked him where his father was, but they neglected,
没先说明自己联邦探员的身份
failed to first identify themselves as federal agents.
你去请你♥爸♥爸到外面来好吗
Why don’t you run on up and ask your daddy to come outside
因为这边有些人想跟他谈谈
because there’s some people out here that would like to speak to him. Okay?
围住房♥子 不 留在这里 支援就快到了
Cover the house. No, stay here! The backup is coming.
这孩子不知道我们为什么来这里
The kid doesn’t know why we’re here!
来了 他们来了
They’re here! They’re here! They’re coming!
杰伯 他们来了
Jeb, they’re coming!
退回去 他只是个孩子 他们来了 他们来了
Get back, he’s just a kid! They’re here! They’re here!
停火 停火
Cease fire! Cease fire!

Ma!
等一下
Just hold on.
被枪指着的他们也开火还击
Pinned down, they returned fire.
最后 支援警力来了
And finally, the reinforcements arrived.
这场围攻持续了两小时
When it was over, the siege lasted over two hours.
最后 帕森最年长的两个儿子受了伤
At the end, Parsons’ two eldest sons were wounded.
他妻子和最小的儿子都死了
His wife and his youngest boy were killed.
至于帕森
And as for Parsons,
他根本不在家
he wasn’t even home.
看 联邦调查局以为
See, the FBI, they thought
他们的手下会发现什么恐♥怖♥份♥子♥的阴谋
that their people were uncovering some sort of terrorist plot, you see?
但他们的档案和标记里并没有说明
But what their file, their flags, did not reveal to them
席佛帕森继承了一大笔遗产
was that Seaver Parsons had come into a family inheritance
他用那笔钱合法购买♥♥了
with which he had arranged the 100 legal firearms
一百支合法枪♥械♥
to be legally purchased!
档案里也没说
Nor did it tell them that Parsons
帕森当时才刚申请了销♥售♥执照
had recently applied for a sales license.
更没有提及
Nor did it tell them
帕森曾警告他家人
that Parsons warned his family
可能会有人想偷他的收藏
that some people might want to steal his collection!
他告诉儿子 妻子和媳妇
And he instructed his sons and his wife and his daughter-in-law
他不在的时候 别让陌生人闯进来
never to let strangers on this property while he was away.
如果遭受攻击 就还击 抵御家园
And if force be taken then to defend with force! Defend the home!
他并不爱联邦政♥府♥
You know, he had no love for the federal government.
他曾是分离主义份子也有可疑的过去
He did have a separatist and a suspicious past.
但他并非恐♥怖♥份♥子♥ 也不是罪犯
But this was not a terrorist. He was not a criminal.
三个无辜的人在那天丧命 只因为有所谓的红标记
And three innocent people died that day because the flags went up.
而这标记却是错的
And the flags were wrong.
不要一头栽进去 我要你自己想清楚
Don’t just dive in. I want you to think for yourself.
我要你注意安全 放开我的手
I want you to be safe. Let go of my hand!
好啦 好啦 听好
All right. Okay, okay. Look.
我要你好好去玩 好吗
I want you to have a great time, okay?
要听童子军队长的话 好吗
And listen to your Troopmaster, all right?
是布鲁克叫你让我去的吗
Did Brooke tell you to let me go?
对 其实是因为她
Yes, she did, as a matter of fact.
她说你长大了 可以自立生活十天 她说得没错
She said that you’re a big guy and you can handle 10 days away. She’s right.
等我回来
When I get back
她会取代妈妈的位置吗
is she going to take Mom’s place?
没有人能取代妈妈的位置
Nobody is ever going to take your mom’s place.
布鲁克也不行 没有人 妈妈永远会跟我们在一起
Not Brooke. Nobody. Mom is always going to be with us.
就在这里
Right here.
因为我们记得她 谁也不能把她带走
Because we remember her like nothing could ever take her away.
如果布鲁克和我有任何类似的打算
If Brooke and I ever start thinking about something like that
我们一定会先跟你谈过
we’re going to talk to you about it first.
只有妈妈说可以 她才会跟我们一起住
She’ll only ever live with us if Mom says it’s okay, too.
好吧
Okay.
好好去玩
You have a great time.
谢谢你让我来露营
Thanks for camp, Dad.
你好好去玩哦 好吧
You have a good one. All right.
谢谢爸 再见 待会见
Thanks, Dad. See you! See you later!
他的名字是威廉芬尼摩
His name was William Fenimore
后来改名为奥立佛兰
and I’m told he changed it to Oliver Lang.
可能要花一点时间
It may take me a few moments, sir.
我们查到一位堪萨斯州卡尔森的威廉芬尼摩
Okay, we do have a William Fenimore of Carson,
后来改名为奥立佛兰
Kansas changed to an Oliver Lang.
那是什么时候的事
Do you know when that was?
1981年10月5号♥
October 5, 1981.
非常谢谢你 我就是要找这个
Thank you very much, that’s exactly what I was looking for.
芬尼摩 堪大(1978)10 5 81
State of Kansas, Department of Records.
你好 我是麦可琼斯 华盛顿州的雇用机会平等委员会
Yes, hi. Michael Jones. I’m with the E.E.O.C. in Washington.
我想向你们确认一件姓名变更案例
I’ve got a possible name change I wanted to run by you guys.
我要查奥立佛兰 他来自堪萨斯州的卡尔森
I’m looking for an Oliver Lang. He’s out of Carson, Kansas.
请稍候
Hold on, sir.
我们查不到堪萨斯州卡尔森镇
Sir, I’m afraid we’ve got nothing on any name change
奥立佛兰的姓名变更资料
for an Oliver Lang of Carson, Kansas.
好 这样就行了 谢谢
Okay. Just doing my job. Thank you.
我们纪录显示奥立佛兰死于1981年10月4号♥
Sir, our records indicate Oliver Lang deceased as of October 4, 1981.
10月4号♥ 是的
October 4th? Yes, sir.
4号♥
The 4th.
上面说什么 死亡证书上面怎么说
What does it say? The death certificate, what does it say?
致死原因是枪击 狩猎意外
Cause of death is listed as gunshot. Hunting accident.
你刚才说你是从华盛顿的哪里打来的
You had said you were calling with whom in Washington?
谢谢
Thank you.
跟我沙盘推演一下
Just run through the scenario with me.
理论上来看 为何有人要那么做
Theoretically, why would someone do that?
做什么 把名字改成一个前一天刚过世的人的名字
Do what? Change his name to the name of the person who died the day before?
对 一个同年龄 来自同一个故乡的人
Yeah. Someone the same age, from the same hometown. Why?
是想取代那人的生活吗
Would it be to take over that person’s life?
不 那样行不通
No, that wouldn’t work.
你死后 死亡证明书将取代州和联邦的纪录
See, when you die, the death certificate goes above state and federal.
驾照 社会安全号♥码这些都被注销
Driver’s licenses, Social Security numbers, they’re voided.
你这么做是无法隐藏现在的身份
You couldn’t do it to hide the person you are.
那又何必要做呢
Then why would you do it?
你这么做是要隐藏你过去的身份
You do it to hide the person you were.
假设你想找那个人
Say you wanted to find out
变更姓名前的犯罪纪录
a criminal record for your guy prior to the name change.
除非你是真正的专家
Unless you’re a real professional
我懂了 你会查他现在的名字
I see, you’d check on the name he has now.
在改名之前你找到的记录完全是另一个人的
And the records you’d find back then would be for somebody else entirely.
这就是在某人死后立刻改用其名的一大好处
That’s the significance of making the change right after a person’s death.
没有重叠
No overlap.
给你全新的历史 还能让过往消失
It gives you a whole new history. It helps the old one disappear.
麦可 你想要我做什么吗
Is there something you want to tell me, Michael?
维特 如果我给你一个名字 你能查它有没有标记吗
Whit, if I give you a name, could you run it for flags?
老天 麦可
Jesus, Michael.
就这一次
Just this once.
帮你的忙去查档案 你想要我做这个
Check out files as a personal favor? That’s what you’re asking me to do?
拜托 我不是
Come on, I’m not…
你不会被解聘 直接去坐牢 维特 这很重要
You don’t get fired for that. You go to jail. Whit, this is important!
我的退休金也很重要 维特
My pension is important! Whit!
我只是叫你查个名字
I’m asking you to run a name.
又不是要你开始监控或使用武力

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!