生命如此漫长
“Life is very long…”
托马斯·斯特尔那斯·艾略特
TS Eliot.
他不是第一个说出来的
Not the first person to say it,
更不是第一个想到的
certainly not the first person to think it.
但之所以算在他名下
But he’s given credit for it because
是因为他写了下来
he bothered to write it down.
你再想这样说 就得挂上他的名字
Now, if you say it, you have to say his name after it.
生命如此漫长 引自托·斯·艾略特
“Life is very long:” TS Eliot.
就是如此
Absolutely, goddamn right.
瓦奥莱特
Violet.
我妻子
My wife.
她嗑药
She takes pills,
有时候还不少
sometimes a great many.
就是这样
The facts are:
妻子嗑药我酗酒
my wife takes pills and I drink.
我们婚姻中永恒的争吵话题
That’s the bargain we’ve struck, a little paragraph of our marriage contract…
但这也好过
Rather than..
再一次不真心的发誓戒酒
once more vow abstinence with my fingers crossed.
我决定提升一下生活水平
I’ve chosen to turn my life over to a higher power…
加入雇保姆的家庭行列
and join the ranks of the hiring class.
我也不是很喜欢这个决定
It’s not a decision with which I’m entirely comfortable.
我知道怎么洗我的
I mean, I know how to launder my…
脏内衣 这辈子就干这事了
dirty undies. Done it all my life,
但我发现这会耽误我喝酒
but I’m finding that it’s getting in the way of my drinking.
贝弗
Bev?
怎么啦
Yes.

Did…
是不是
you…?
倒霉催的
Oh, god damn it!
-警♥察♥来了吗 -你能进来一下吗
– Are the police here? – Could you come here?
你好
Oh. Hello.
这是乔安娜 我跟你提过的那个女人
Johnna, the young woman I told you about.
她是女人还用你说
You tell me she’s a woman.
女人 女 人
Wo-man. Wo-man.
真是
Whoa-man.
我要雇的那位
That I’m hiring.
你说要雇个女人
You hire women’s now the thing.
我还以为是指别的事
I thought you meant the other.
做饭 打扫 带你去诊所什么的
To cook and clean, carry you to the clinic..
-你好 -你好
– Hello. – Hello.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
是这样吗
Like this.
是的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
你好漂亮
You’re very pretty.
谢谢
Thank you.
你是印第安人吗
Are you an Injun?
是的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
-哪里来的 -夏延的
– What kind? – Cheyenne.
你觉得我漂亮吗
Do you think I’m pretty?
就这样
Like this?
-就 -小心 小心
– Like… – Careful… Careful!
抱歉 我吃了点药
I’m sorry, I took some…
因为肌肉
medicine for my mumm…
因为肌肉
for my mus…
肌肉萎缩
my muscular.
因为肌肉萎缩
..for my muscular.
你还是回床上躺会儿吧 宝贝
Why don’t you go back to bed, sweetheart?
你怎么不去找只母猪一起睡呢
Why don’t you go fuck a fucking sow’s ass?
算了
All right.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
我可以甜死你的
I’ll be sickly sweet.
甜死你的
sickly sweet.
我这么可人
I’m so sweet.
这么
I’m so..
空灵的
In-el-a…
空灵的温柔
in-el-abrially sweet.
我们这里工作时间不定的
We keep unusual hours here.
我妻子检查出了癌症早期
My wife has been diagnosed with a touch of..
需要你开车送她
cancer and she’ll need to be driven to Tulsa for her final..
去塔尔萨做化疗
chemotherapy treatments.
是什么癌
What kind of cancer?
最好玩的一句被我漏掉了
Ah, My God, I nearly neglected the punch line:
是口腔癌
mouth cancer.
你有什么需要问的吗
Do you have any questions?
她都需要吃什么药呢
What pills does she take?
有安定 维柯丁
Valium. Vicodin.
达尔丰 达尔持特
Darvon, Darvocet.
复方羟可酮 扑热息痛
Percodan, Percocet..
为了好玩还吃点阿普唑仑
Xanax for fun.
必要的话吃点奥施康定
Oxycontin in a pinch.
还有盐酸二氢吗♥啡♥酮 怎么把它忘了呢
And of course, Dilaudid. I can’t forget Dilaudid.
我最后的避难所 就是躲进书里
My last refuge, my books..
单纯的享受
simple pleasures,
像是在路边
like finding…
寻找野生洋葱 或者寻找爱
wild onions by the side of a road, or requited love.
这里
Oh here..
给你 托·斯·艾略特的
Here, TS Eliot.
看不看随你 这不是工作
Read it or not. It’s not a job requirement
只是娱乐
just for your enjoyment.
我们在这里 围绕着刺梨
Here we go, round the prickly pear…
围绕着刺梨 围绕着刺梨
Prickly pear, prickly pear…
我们在这里 围绕着刺梨
here we go, round the prickly pear…
八 月:奥 色 治 郡
妈妈
Mom…?

Mom…

Mom…!
你没听到电♥话♥响吗
You didn’t hear the phone?
要是你♥爸♥打来的 告诉他快滚
If it’s your father, tell him to fuck off.
是艾薇姑姑的
It’s aunt Ivy,
俄克拉荷马州的
from Oklahoma.
艾薇
Ivy?
怎么了
what’s wrong?
什么时候
When…?
你跟芭芭怎么说的
What’d you tell Barb?
我跟她说爸不见了
I told her dad was missing.
-她怎么说 -说她就来
– What’s she say? – She’s on her way.
去你♥爸♥的 他怎么能这样对我
God damn your father, for putting me through this.
看到他的办公室吗
You seen that office of his?
雇个印第安女人 害我和陌生人住一起
He hired this Indian for some god damn reason and now I have a stranger living in my house.
叫什么来着
What’s her name?
乔安娜
Johnna.
我一个人怎么应付的了
I can’t handle this all by myself!
我给凯伦打电♥话♥了
I called Karen.
-她怎么说 -说她尽量来
– Yeah, What did she say? – She said she’d try to get here.
她真有用
She’ll be a big fat help,
和你一样
just like you.
我需要芭芭
I need Barb.
芭芭拉又能做什么呢
What’s Barb going to be able to do about it?
你把头发怎么了
What did you do to your hair?
-拉直了 -怎么会有人喜欢直头发
– I had it straightened. – Why would anybody do that?
只是想换换风格
I just wanted a change.
你是个很漂亮的孩子
You’re a pretty girl.
可是为什么不化妆呢
Why don’t you wear makeup?
我需要化妆吗
Do I need makeup?
女人都应该化妆
Every women needs makeup.
不同意的人都是错的 唯一一个
Don’t let anybody tell you different. The only woman…
漂亮到不需要化妆
pretty enough to go without
就能出门的女人是伊丽莎白·泰勒
makeup was Elizabeth Taylor.
可她画的妆更浓
and she wore a ton.
耷拉着肩膀 弄个直头发
Your shoulders are slumped and your hair’s all straighten out..
还不化妆 简直像个同性恋

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!