– tolerably. – Is she clean, or not?
-别烦我了 -我好紧张
– Back off. – I’m nervous.
天啊 艾薇 今天不行
Oh christ, Ivy, not today.
但我总得告诉她呀
I have to tell her, though.
我们明天就要去纽约了
We’re leaving for New York tomorrow.
我是觉得你和查尔斯这样下去不好
I don’t think it’s a good idea. For you and Charles to take this any further.
这话从何说起
Where is this coming from?
这世界上男人多得是
There’s lot of fish in the sea.
你不非要找一个跟你有血缘关系的呀
Surely you can rule out the one single man in the world you’re related to.
我就爱这个跟我有血缘关系的
I love the man I’m related to.
去他的爱情吧 纯属胡扯 还爱情呢
Fuck love, what a crock of shit. Love…
人类都能相信自己爱着石头
People can convince themselves they love a painted rock.
看上去不错 是什么
Looks great. What is it?
鲶鱼
Catfish.
食底泥鱼 我最喜欢的
Bottom feeders, my favorite.
你都快五十岁了 艾薇
You’re nearly fifty years old,
你不能去纽约 你会弄伤自己的
Ivy, you can’t go to New York, you’ll break a hip.
-给 吃鲶鱼 -你真是气人
– Here, Eat your catfish. – Oh, you’re infuriating…
我又不是那个跟自己表兄上♥床♥的人
I’m not the one, who’s fucking my cousin.
我一直住在这个镇上 年复一年地
I have lived in this town, year in and year out,
期待有人能走入我的生活
hoping against hope someone would come into my life…
少在这给我装文艺
Don’t get all Carson McCullers on me.
卡森·麦卡勒斯 美国女作家
别一脸幽怨相了 把鲶鱼吃了
Now, wipe that tragic look off your face and eat some catfish.
-你好呀 妈 -有什么可好的
– Howdy, Mom. – What’s howdy about it?
-看 午饭吃鲶鱼 -乔安娜
– Look, catfish for lunch. – Johnna!
饿吗
You hungry?
艾薇 你应该多笑笑 像我这样
Ivy, you should smile. Like me.
请把我妈的午饭端过来
Mom needs her lunch, please.
我不饿
I’m not hungry.
你今天什么都没吃 昨天也是
You didn’t eat today. You didn’t eat anything yesterday.
我说了我不饿
I’m not hungry.
你必须吃东西 听我的
You’re eating, do what I say.
大家都得听我的
Everyone do what I say.
请问一下 你们俩怎么都穿着睡衣
May I ask why either of you is dressed?
又不是没穿衣服
It’s not like we’re sitting here naked.
对吧 我们还穿着衣服呢
Right, we are dressed.
还是非得穿正装才行
Or, should we be dressed up?
你就回家吃顿鱼 我们还得打扮一下
Right, cos you’re coming over for fish?
-我回屋去吃 -好的 谢谢
– I’ll eat in my room. – That’s fine, thank you.
-吃吧 -不要
– Eat. – No.
吃饭 妈
Eat it, Mom.
-把它吃了 -不要
– Eat it. – No.
快吃 你个混♥蛋♥ 把鲶鱼吃了
Eat it, you fucker. Eat that catfish.
去死
Go to hell.
这套对我没用 快把他妈的鱼给我吃了
That ain’t cutting fucking ice with me. Eat that fucking fish.
-妈 我有事要跟你说 -不许说
– Mom, I have something to talk to you about. – No you don’t.
-芭芭拉 -不许说 闭嘴
– Barbara — – No you don’t. Shut up.
你♥他♥妈♥的给我闭嘴
Shut the fuck up.
-拜托 -你要跟我说什么
– Please — – What’s to talk about?
你少搀和 把那条该死的鱼吃了
Forget it. Eat that fucking fish.
我不饿
I’m not hungry.
把鱼吃了 婊♥子♥
Eat the fish, bitch!
芭芭拉
Barbara!
好吧 去他的 随你便吧
Okay, fine, fuck it, do what you want.
我有事要告诉你
I have to tell you something.
-艾薇是同性恋 -芭芭拉
– Ivy’s a lesbian. – Barbara —
-你才不是呢 -我不是
– No, you’re not. – No, I’m not —
你就是 你的鱼怎么还没吃
Yes, you are. Did you eat your fish?
芭芭拉 你给我闭嘴
Barbara, be quiet now!
妈妈 拜托 这件事很重要
Mom, please. This is important.
把鱼吃了 把鱼吃了 把鱼吃了
Eat your fish. Eat your fish. Eat your fish.
搞什么呀
What the fuck!
-我有事要说 -现在是改砸东西了吗
– I have something to say. – Are we breaking shit now? huh?
谁不会砸东西啊
‘Cause I can break shit!
看到没 谁都能砸东西
Hey, see, everybody can break some shit.
-我跟查尔斯 -你别他妈的跟我挑事
– Charles and I… – You don’t want to break shit with me,
-你这个该死的 -我和查尔斯
– muthah-fuckah… – Charles and I
乔安娜 有东西洒了 过来打扫一下
Johnna?! We’ve got a ittle spill in here!
芭芭拉 够了
Barbara, stop it!
妈 我和查尔斯
Mom, Charles and I…
-是小查尔斯 -芭芭拉
– Little Charles. – Barbara —
你得说清楚是小查尔斯
You gotta say Little Charles
不然她不知道你在说谁
or she is not gonna know who you’re talking about.
我和小查尔斯
Little Charles and I…
我和小查尔斯
Little Charles and I are —
你和小查尔斯是兄妹
Little Charles and you are brother and sister.
我知道
I know that.
什么 不是
What? No,
我和小查尔斯
Little Charles and I…
我一直都知道
I’ve always known that.
我说过 没人能对我隐瞒任何事
I told you, nobody slips anything by me.
-妈 -别听她胡说
– Mom — – Don’t listen.
我一直都知道贝弗和玛蒂·费有一腿
I knew the whole time Bev and Mattie Fae were carrying on.
要不是查理总抽大♥麻♥ 他也能察觉
Charlie should have known too, if he wasn’t smoking all that grass.
她这是嗑药磕多了
It’s the pills talking.
磕多了就说不了话了
Pills can’t talk.
你父亲一直很自责
Your father tore himself up over it,
自责了三十多年了 但是
thirty some-odd years, but…
贝弗利要没点事思考也就不是贝弗利了
Beverly wouldn’t have been Beverly if he didn’t have plenty to brood about.
妈 你在说什么呀
Mom, what are you talking about?
你们几个知道了也好 反正你们都大了
Better you girls know now though, now you’re older.
没准哪天你们谁要换肾 还有个兄弟找
You never know when someone might need a kidney.
你为什么要告诉我这些
Why in god’s name did you tell me this?
你干嘛这么在意啊
Hey, what do you care?
你们都是魔鬼
You’re monsters.
-拜托 -魔鬼
– Come on now! – Monsters.
谁才是受伤的那个呀
Who’s the injured party here?
-艾薇 听我说 -我再也不要回来了
– Ivy, listen… – You will never see me, again.
玛蒂·费告诉我了 我不知道该怎么办
Mattie Fae told me, I didn’t know what to do.
我是想保护你
I was trying to protect you.
我们会离开的 我们还是会一起离开
We’ll go anyway, we’ll still go away.
这不是我的错 是妈告诉你的
This is not my fault. Mom told you!
不是我 是妈
It wasn’t me, it was Mom!
有什么区别呢
There’s no difference.
艾薇 艾薇别走
Ivy… Ivy don’t go!
艾薇
Ivy!
不能让艾薇跟小查尔斯私奔
We couldn’t let Ivy run off with Little Charles.
这样是不对的
Just wouldn’t be right.
她会回来的
She’ll be back.
艾薇是个很贴心的姑娘
She’s a sweet girl, Ivy,
我爱她爱得要死 可是
and I love her to death. But…
她并不坚强
she isn’t strong.
不像你
Not like you.
也不像我
Or me.
你知道爸和玛蒂·费的事
You knew about Daddy and Mattie Fae?
当然了
Oh sure.
当然了
Sure.
但我从来没告诉他们我知道
But, I never told them I knew.
但是你♥爸♥知道 他知道我知道
But your father knew. He knew I knew.
但是我们从来都没谈过这件事
But, we never talked about it.
我选择站在道德高地
I chose the higher ground.
如果我有机会的话 到了最后
If I’d had the chance, there at the end,
我就会……
I would’ve…
我就会说 你可别是因为小查尔斯出走
I would’ve told him, “I hope this isn’t about Little Charles,
因为你也知道我全都知情”
’cause you know I know all about that.”
如果我当初在那家小旅馆里
If I’d reached him at
找到他了 一定会说
that motel, I would’ve said,
你要是能放下这些陈芝麻烂谷子
“You’d be better off if you quit
你的日子会舒坦的多
sulking about this ancient history.”
什么小旅馆
What motel?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!