简 怎么不吃鸡肉
Jean, you didn’t get any chicken.
我不吃肉
I don’t eat meat.
你不吃肉
You don’t eat meat.
好吧 妈
Okay. Mom!
替他放到盘子里免得他烧了房♥子
Just put it on his plate for him or he’s liable to burn the house down.
够了 玛蒂·费
All right, Mattie Fae.
芭芭拉
Barbara.
-把这个摆起来好吗 -好的
– Will you put this over there. – Yeah, sure.
-好感动 -真甜蜜
– That’s so nice. – So, sweet.
男士们怎么都脱得只剩衬衣了
I see you gentlemen have all stripped down to your shirt fronts.
这是葬礼晚宴
I thought we were having a funeral dinner,
不是斗鸡会
not a cockfight.
出个人做祷告
Someone should probably say grace.
芭芭拉
Barbara?
查理叔叔做吧
Uncle Charlie should say it.
他现在算是家长了
He’s the patriarch around here now.
-是吗 -就剩你了
– I am? – By default.
好吧
Okay.
主啊
Dear Lord,
愿您在此悲伤的时刻看顾这个家庭
we ask that you watch over this family in this sad time, O Lord,
愿您保佑这个善良的女人
that you bless this good woman
赐予她 赐予她 恩典
and keep her in your… in your… grace.
我得接个电♥话♥
I gotta to take this.
是工作 很重要
Work. It’s very important.
在俄克拉荷马 没错
In Oklahoma. Yeah…
请您也保佑贝弗利
We ask that you watch over Beverly, too,
当他 当他
as he… as he…
当他升入天堂时
as he makes his journey.
我们感激您让我们相聚在此
We thank thee, O Lord, that we are able to join together,
纪念一个好人
to pay tribute to this fine man. In his house,
同他美丽的女儿们一起
with his beautiful daughters.
我们被深厚的情谊庇佑着
We are truly blessed in our fellowship,
还有团聚 还有 还有
our togetherness, our… our..
情谊
fellowship.
我们感激您赐予食物
We thank thee for the food, O Lord,
让我们能分享食物并补充营养
that we can share this food and replenish our bodies with nutrients.
我们请您帮我们变得更好
We ask that you help us get better,
成为更好的人
be better people.
我们比以往更需要力量和家庭
We recognize now more than ever the power, the joy of family.
我们请您看顾这个家庭 阿门
We ask that you bless and watch over this family. Amen.
阿门 太抱歉了各位 开吃
Amen. So, sorry folks. Let’s eat.
芭芭 你看那餐柜有用吗
Barb, you have any use for that sideboard?
那边那个餐柜
That sideboard there,
有兴趣吗
you have any interest in that?
好漂亮
It’s so pretty.
没有 怎么了
No. I mean, why?
我打算清理旧家具
I’m getting rid of a lot of this stuff
我觉得你可能想要那个餐柜
and I thought you might want that sideboard.
不 妈 我没法把它拉回科罗拉多
No, Mom, I… I wouldn’t have any way to get that home to Colorado.
要不给艾薇吧
Maybe, Ivy’ll take it.
-我有了 -把这些破东西都处理了
– I have something like that, remember. – Clearing all this out of here.
-真的很漂亮 -我要换新的
– It’s really pretty. – I want to have a brand new everything.
我只是 不想这么早就开始讨论后事
I guess I’m just sort of… not prepared to talk about your stuff.
随你便
Suit yourself.
菜肴真好吃
The food is just spectacular.
全是乔安娜自己做的
Johnna cooked this whole meal by herself.
那本来就是她的工作
It’s what she’s paid for.
你们知道我得付她钱吧
You all did know she’s getting paid, right?

Jean,
我很好奇
so I’m curious,
你说你不吃肉 是什么肉都不吃吗
when you say you don’t eat meat, you mean, you don’t eat meat of any kind?
是的
Right.
为了健康 还是…
Is that for health reasons, or…
吃肉会吸收动物的恐惧
When you eat meat, you ingest an animal’s fear.
吸收什么
Ingest what?
-毛 -恐惧
– It’s fur? – Fear.
她说什么
What she said.
怎么会 恐惧怎么吃
How do you do that? You can’t eat fear.
当然可以
Sure you can. I mean..
你害怕时会怎么样
What happens to you when you feel afraid?
你的身体不会有化学反应吗
Doesn’t your body produce all sorts of chemical reactions?
不知道 会吗
I don’t know. Does it?
-会的 -是啊
– It does. – Yes.
肾上腺素 还有…
Adrenaline, and, and…
你的身体在恐惧时会有一系列化学反应
Your body goes through a whole chemical process when it experiences fear.
-还有皮质醇 -动物难道不会恐惧吗
– Yeah, and cortisol. – Don’t you think an animal experiences fear?
绝对会
You bet it does.
我在屠宰场工作过
I used to work at a cattle processing plant,
恐惧满天飞
lots of fear flying around that place.
所以当你吃肉时
So, when you eat an meat,
你会吸收动物被屠宰时的恐惧
you’re ingesting all that fear it felt when it was slaughtered to make food.
你是说我一天三餐吃着恐惧
You mean I’ve been eating fear, what,
都有六十年了
three times a day for sixty years?
这人餐餐都要吃肉
This one won’t have a meal that doesn’t meat in it.
我就是这么长大的
I guess it’s the way I was raised,
没肉怎么能算饭呢
but, somehow it just doesn’t seem like a legitimate meal unless it has some meat somewhere.
要是我做了意大利面 他就会说
If I make a pasta dish of some kind, he’ll be like,
开胃菜不错 但是肉在哪儿
“That’s fine for an appetizer, but where’s the meat?”
有个电视广♥告♥
Isn’t that some TV commercial,
里面有个老太太就说”肉在哪儿”
the old lady says, “Where’s the meat?”
是牛肉在哪儿
“Where’s the beef?”
是肉在哪儿 肉在哪儿
“Where’s the meat?” “Where’s the meat?”
肉在哪儿 肉在哪儿
“Where’s the meat?” “Hey, Where’s the meat?”
真可爱
That’s pleasant.
今天的仪式都很好
I thought, the services were lovely.
-可不是 -牧师也很不错
– Yes, weren’t they? – Preacher did a fine job.
-我觉得一般般 -你这么想吗
– I give it a… – Really? you thought so?
好样的 她要开骂了
Great, now we get some dramatic criticism.
诗歌♥和教书谈的太多了
Too much talk about poetry and teaching.
他65岁前都没写过诗呢
He hadn’t written any poetry, to speak of since 65.
他也不喜欢教书 没人说他好话
He never liked teaching worth a damn. Nobody talked about the good stuff.
五十多年就当酒鬼了
Man was a world-class alcoholic, more’n fifty years.
没人知道他跑到塔尔萨
Nobody told the story about that night he got wrangled
校友会吵架这事吧
into giving a talk at that TU alumni dinner.
他喝了一大堆罗恩波谷伊 白朗姆
He drank a whole bottle of Ron Bocoy, White Rum,
很惊讶我还记得当时 他站起来要讲话
I don’t know how I remember that, and he gets up to give this talk,
结果吐了自己一身
and he fouled himself!
当他跑回我们这桌时满身都是
Comes back to our table with this great..
真不明白为什么没人讲过这个故事
Yeah, I can’t imagine why no one told that story.
反正至少是再没人邀请他
Well, he didn’t get invited back to anymore TU alumni dinners.
去参加塔尔萨校友会了
I can tell you that.
我也不是很懂诗
I don’t know much about poetry, but
但我觉得他的诗水平很高
I thought his poems were extraordinary,
而且你读的也很好
and your reading was very fine.
谢谢
Thank you.
你哪位来着
Who are you?
这是我未婚夫史蒂夫 你在教堂见过的
This is my fiance, Steve, you met him at the church.
史蒂夫·海登里希
Steve Heidebrecht.
-海里啥 -海登里希
– Hide-the-what? – Heidebrecht.
-海里的 德国的 -是德爱混血
– Hide-a-burrr… It’s German. – Well, German-Irish, really..
这样不好 凯伦
That’s peculiar, Karen,
举♥行♥父亲的葬礼时还约会
to bring a date to your father’s funeral.
我知道诗很好 但不是用来约会的
I know the poetry was good, but I really wouldn’t have considered it date material.
他不是约会对象 他是我未婚夫
He’s not a date, he’s my fiance.
我们新年时就要在迈阿密结婚了
We’re getting married on new years, in Miami,
您要能来就更好了
And, I would love it, if you can make it.
我觉得结不成 你觉得呢
I don’t really see that happening, do you?
史蒂夫
Steve.
是史蒂夫 吧
That right? Steve?
是的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!