…and you don’t wear makeup. You look like a lesbian.

Mom.
要是你能打扮打扮 一定能找个好男人
You could get a decent man if you spruced up a bit,
我没别的意思
that’s all I’m saying.
我没打算找男人
I’m not looking for a man.
我吃了多少了
How many was that?
没数
I wasn’t counting.
嘴唇觉得疼不疼
Is your mouth burning?
疼死了 火♥辣♥辣的疼
Like a son-of-a-bitch. My tongue is on fire.
你还觉得你该抽烟吗
Are you supposed to be smoking?
抽烟有应该这一说吗
Is anybody supposed to smoke?
你怕吗
Are you scared?
当然怕了
Course I’m scared.
有你真好 甜心
And you are a comfort to me, sweetheart.
感谢上帝我还有个住的近的女儿
Thank god one of my girls stayed close to home.
我小时候
In my day…
家人都是住一起的
family stayed together.
-玛蒂·费姑姑来了 -她是想来
– Aunt Mattie Fae’s here. – She means to come in here..
对我指手画脚
and tell me what’s what.
真不知道查理姑父怎么忍♥受她的
I don’t know how Uncle Charlie puts up with it.
吸大♥麻♥呗
He smokes a lot of grass.
我怎么不知道
He does?
吸的可凶呢
He smokes a lot of grass.
我跟瓦说 就该把他那些宝贝书
I told Vi, “Take all those goddamn books he’s so fond of..
都堆到院子里 一把火烧了
…and make a big pile in the front yard and have yourself a bonfire.”
男人的书是很重要的 不能随便烧
You don’t burn a man’s books.
要是非得这样也没办法
You do, if the situation calls for it.
错的是他又不是书
The man’s books didn’t do anything.
要是你敢随便离家出走
You get any ideas about just up and taking off,
查理·艾肯 我告诉你
Charlie Aiken, you better believe..
-我就把你 -我没打算离家出走
– that i’d have your… – I’m not going anywhere.
我说的是假设
I’m saying if you did,
两天之内赶紧给我回来道歉
I’ll give you two days to get your head straight.
然后就此结束
Then it’s all going up in a blaze of glory.
话说回来 你就没什么书
Not that, you have any books lying around.
我觉得这辈子就没见你读过一本
I don’t think I’ve ever seen you read a book in my life.
你不希望如此吗
That bother you?
你还能记得上本你读过的书吗
What’s the last book you read?
贝弗利是个老师
Beverly was a teacher;
老师当然要读书 我是搞家具的就不用
teachers read books, I’m in the upholstery business.
甜心
Ah, sweetheart.
你♥爸♥以前也离家出走过
Your daddy’s done this before.
就那么走了 连个电♥话♥都不打
Just takes off, no call, nothing.
我跟你妈说了
I told your mother,
你就把那混♥蛋♥的东西给他丢出来
“You pack that son-of-a-bitch’s bags and have them waiting for him on the front porch.”
你妈妈呢
Where’s your mother?
楼上
Upstairs.
他会回来的 我敢保证
He’ll come back again, I know he will,
他一向如此
he always does.
贝弗利是个难以捉摸的男人
Beverly is a very complicated man,
就像小查尔斯一样
Yeah, like little Charles.
小查尔斯不是难以捉摸
Little Charles isn’t complicated,
他只是失业导致情绪不佳
he’s just unemployed.
你真没觉得小查尔斯
You don’t think that Little Charles and
和贝弗利都有点
Beverly share some kind of…
难以捉摸吗
…complication.
难以捉摸是聪明人的专利
You have to be smart to be complicated.
你的意思是我们儿子不聪明吗
Are you saying our boy isn’t smart?
我就是这意思
Yes, that’s what I’m saying.
我都出汗了
I’m sweating.
这怎么这么黑啊
Why is it so dark in here?
你出汗了没
Are you sweating?
出汗了
Hell, yes, I’m sweating,
屋里得有九十度吧
it’s ninety degrees in here.
摸摸我的背
Feel my back.
我不是很想
I don’t want to feel your back.
-汗都从背上滴下来了 -我信了
– Sweat is just dripping down my back. – I believe you.
-摸一下 -不要
– Feel it. – No.
-快 把手伸进来 -真是的
– Come on, put your hand here. – Goddamn it…
汗都滴下来了
Sweat’s just dripping…
艾薇 这是什么时候装的
Ivy, when did this start?
把玻璃弄的这么暗
This business with taping the shades?
好多年了
Been a couple of years now.
有什么意义呢
Do you know its purpose?
都分不清白天黑夜了
You can’t tell if it’s night or day.
我觉得那正是意义所在
I think that’s the purpose.
那些人都怎么想的啊
What were these people thinking…
住在这里的那些笨蛋们
the jokers who settled this place.
是哪个白♥痴♥占领了这片不毛之地
Who was the asshole, looked at flat hot nothing and planted his flag?
我的意思是
I mean..
我们和印第安人抢的就是这种地方吗
we fucked the Indians for this?
种族灭绝大屠♥杀♥
Well, genocide,
在当时是吸引人的想法
always seems like such a good idea at the time.
你就只有后见之明
Right, you need a little hindsight.
想让我跟你讲讲中西部的故事吗
If you want me to explain the creepy character of the Midwest,
拜托 这哪里算中西部
Please, the Midwest.
这里都是平原了吧
This is the Plains.
思想之域 灵魂之声 布鲁斯那种
A state of mind, A spiritual affliction, like the Blues.
别这样
Don’t.
玛蒂 你是粉丝吗
Mattie, you Captain fan?
你干什么呢
What are you doing?
抱歉 亲爱的 能再给我倒杯啤酒吗
Excuse me, dear…could I trouble you for another beer?
真是的 她又不是女佣
God damn it, she’s not a waitress.
我去倒
I’ll get it.
我知道啊
I know that.
那你就该自己去倒
Then, get your own beer.
你真是的
I don’t believe you.
看着球赛 喝着啤酒
Watchin’ a ball game, drinkin’ beers.
有没有搞清楚状况啊
You have any sense of what’s going on around you?
你希望我跟个雕像似的一动不动吗
Am I supposed to sit here like a statue?
你在喝威士忌
You’re drinking whiskey.
这只是杯鸡尾酒
I’m having a cocktail.
你喝的是纯威士忌
You’re drinking straight whiskey!
我只是
Just…
装逼一下
have a little class.
我去抽根烟
I’m gonna grab a smoke.
这都是你惯的
You’ve encouraged that.
我什么也没干
I haven’t encouraged anything.
是你默许她14岁就有了烟瘾
You admire her for getting hooked at fourteen,
让她觉得她很成熟
makes her seem even more mature.
怎么这么热啊
Goddamn, it’s hot.
你觉得你妈妈会开空调吗
Suppose your mom’s turned on the air conditioner?
开玩笑吗 还记得长尾小鹦鹉的事吗
You kidding? Remember the parakeets?
什么长尾小鹦鹉
The parakeets?
我没跟你讲过长尾小鹦鹉的事吗
I didn’t tell you about the parakeets?
莫名其妙的要养鹦鹉 结果两天就死了
She got a parakeet, for some insane reason and the little fucker croaked after two days.
所以她去了宠物店大闹一场
So, she went to the pet store and raised hell,
他们又给了她一只 第二天又死了
and they gave her another one. That one died after a day.
她去宠物店弄来第三只鹦鹉 再次死亡
Then, she went back and they gave her a third parakeet. That one died too.
所以宠物店店员来这里调查这个
So, the chick from the pet store came out here to see just what in the hell
鹦鹉连环杀手到底想干什么
this, serial parakeet killer was doing to bump off these birds.
然后呢
And?
是被热死的
The heat.
这太热了 它们都是被热死的
It was too hot. They were dying from the heat.
上帝啊
Jesus.
鹦鹉是热带鸟吧
These are tropical birds, all right?
它们可是热带雨林来的哎
I mean, They live in the fucking tropics!

Mom?!
芭芭拉回来了 芭芭
It’s Barbara… it’s Barb.
芭芭拉
Barbara!
我的天哪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!