本片基于真实事件改编
纽约州 长岛
谢谢 谢谢大家
Well, thank you, thank you all,
罗斯林校园明星榜
各位家长和镇上的倡导者们
parents and town advocates alike,
欢迎你们出席今晚的特别活动
for joining us on this very special evening.
今晚我们齐聚一堂
We’re here tonight to kick off
共同迎接有史以来最前程远大的一学年
our most ambitious school year yet.
各位 根据我们统计的数据
We’ve run the numbers, and folks,
我得到的最简单的结论就是
there’s no simpler way for me to put it.
我们的孩子们越来越聪明了
Our children are getting smarter.
两位考进哈佛 两位考进达特茅斯
Harvard, two. Dartmouth, two.
三位考进耶鲁
Yale, three.
七位考进宾大
U Penn, seven.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
各位受托人们
…and my fellow trustees
你们已经用了整整一年
who wait all year long
根据高考成绩和大学录取率
ranking the top public schools in America
来给美国的顶尖公立学校排名
based on SATs and college acceptance rates.
罗斯林高中位列第四
And Roslyn is four.
现在 我想请出让这一切成真的人
And now, I’d like to bring out the man responsible.
-恭喜 -谢谢
– Congratulations. – Thank you.
在任的这十年间
In his ten years here,
他改进了我们的教育体制
he’s revamped our education system.
从学前班到高中无所不包
From pre-K all the way to high school.
请和我一起欢迎他上台
Please join me in welcoming to the stage
我们的学区主管和我的朋友
our district superintendent and my friend,
弗兰克·塔索内
Frank Tassone.
坏教育
卡巴雷餐厅
罗斯林公立学校
罗斯林高中
早上好
Good morning.
你好 早上好
Hey there, good morning.
斗牛犬队加油
Go Bulldogs.
克普先生怎么样了
Have we heard about Mr. Kopple?
-他妻子生了双胞胎 -双胞胎
– Wife had twins. – Twins!
-昨天深夜的时候 -真好 给他们送点花
– Late last night. – Nice. Send over flowers
可能再送点吃的
and maybe an edible arrangement.
能不能把这些东西收拾掉
Can we, can we get these things out of here?
-它们可以鼓舞士气 -是啊
– Oh, they’re nice for morale. – Yeah, it’d be even nicer
如果排第一就更有用了
if they were shaped like ones.
-塔索内博士 -你好
– You know, Dr. Tassone… – Hey.
一位智慧的女性曾说过 不要追求你想要的
A wise woman once said it’s not having what you want.
-而是珍惜你拥有的 -格卢金夫人
– It’s wanting what you got. – Mrs. Gluckin.
我差点没认出你来
I barely recognize you anymore what with the new name,
你换了新的名字 办公室 职称
new office, new job title.
薪水和文书工作还是老样子
The same pay, same paperwork.
七八月份的账目都结清了
July and August are all settled up.
-费用都登记存档了 -太棒了
– Expenses booked and archived. – Perfect.
我还有点别的要和你谈谈
And something else I wanted to talk to you about…
安全门的问题也都处理好了
Safety gates are all taken care of.
我今天会去市政厅和他们讨论具体策略
I’m meeting with City Hall later today to go over strategy.
老天 有人今天干劲十足啊
Jeez, someone’s had their coffee.
-没错 -塔索内博士
– Yeah. – Uh, Dr. Tassone?
-什么事 -你周五去维加斯开会的航♥班♥
– Yeah. – Uh, did you want your flight
是想从肯尼迪国际机场还是纽瓦克机场起飞
to the Vegas conference Friday out of JFK or Newark?
谢了 小珍 哪个便宜选哪个
Thanks, J. Whatever’s cheaper works fine.
玛丽·安 你能帮我
And, uh, Mary Ann, is there any way
买♥♥杯减肥蔬果昔吗
you’d be able to grab my diet smoothie?
-我要迟到了 -没问题
– I was running late. – Oh, sure.
但还有件事
Uh, but there’s one more thing.
卡萝尔·施魏策尔从六点半开始
Carol Schweitzer’s been camped up
就赖在会议室不肯走了
in the conference room since 6:30.
-她说她找您有急事 -我知道了
– Says it’s urgent she speaks with you. – Okay, okay.
-查德 -查德 查德·施魏策尔的
– Chad. – Chad, Chad Schweitzer’s…
好的 我来解决
Okay, I’ll take care of it.
-谢了 -祝你好运
– Thanks. – Good luck.
少来
Stop it.
帮我们所有人一个忙
Do us all a favor.
他要是一小时还没出来 记得报♥警♥
If he’s not out of there in an hour, call 911.
我就在这里一直砸门
And I am banging down doors
直到有人
until somebody here
认真听我说话 懂吗
takes me seriously. All right?
那个姓米利措克的 她偏心 知道吗
That Militzok, she plays favorites, okay?
考试的时候她甚至都不让他上厕所
She wouldn’t even let him take a bathroom break
他有膀胱过动症
during the test, and he has a hyperactive bladder.
查德 亲爱的 告诉他你怎么
Chad, honey, tell him how you…
我这里有份医生开的证明 好吧
you know what, I have a note here from his doctor, okay?
施魏策尔夫人 请您冷静一下
Ms. Schweitzer, just, just calm down.
-让我们来… -没人肯听我说话
– Let’s, let’s just… – No one will listen to me.
我不知道我还能怎么办
All right, I don’t know what else I’m supposed to do.
查德 他和他同年级的学生一样聪明
Chad, he is just as gifted as everyone else in his year.
-当然 -而且
– Absolutely. – And…
我很害怕 塔索内博士
I’m scared, Dr. Tassone,
因为如果他进不了实验班
because if he doesn’t get into OMNI…
觉得自己不如…
and he starts to think of himself as less than…
不不不
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
不 我会和米利措克老师谈的
No, I will talk to Ms. Militzok.
我会把这事解决的
I will straighten this whole thing out.
-你会吗 -我保证
– You will? – Yes.
然后我们可以让查德补考一次
And, and we’ll just set a make-up test for Chad.
给他足够的时间上厕所
All right, with ample bathroom time.
谢谢您 塔索内博士
Thank you, Dr. Tassone.
您不知道我有多感激您
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that.
没必要谢我 好吗
There’s no need to thank me, all right?
查德是个聪明的孩子 有大好的人生等着他
Chad’s a smart kid with the world ahead of him,
而我们的工作就是给他铺好跑道
and it’s our job to give him the runway.
谢谢您
Thank you.
说起来很有意思
It’s funny.
查德 我像你这么大的时候
You know, Chad, when I was your age,
我都进不了数学高班
I didn’t even place into fast track math.
-真的吗 -真的 我搞不定乘法口诀
– Really? – No. I couldn’t nail my times tables.
那时候我以为我完了
And at the time, I thought my world was ending.
但我后来赶上大家了 你猜怎么样
But I caught up. You know what?
现在数学课归我管
Now I set the math curriculum.
感谢您 塔索内先生
您是个很棒的学区总监 感谢您上课时给我们带的披萨
杰茜卡
雪天魔杖
延长寿命
征服衰老和死亡
有什么我能帮你的吗
Can I help you with something?
不用 没事
Oh, no, it’s okay.
我来找克雷莫纳夫人
I’m just here for Mrs. Cremona.
-或者叫格卢金夫人 -她现在不在
– Or Gluckin. – Ooh, she’s not here,
但我很乐意解答你的问题
but I’m more than happy to answer any questions if…
-真的吗 -真的
– Really? That would… – Mm-hmm, yeah.
你要是在忙的话我不想打扰你 但是
I don’t wanna bother you if you’re busy, but…
没事 进来吧 欢迎你来打扰我
No, come on in, bother me.
我在做电子表格 进来吧
I’m doing spreadsheets. Come, come in.
请坐
Take a seat.
我们好像没见过
I don’t think we’ve had a chance to meet.
-我叫蕾切尔 -蕾切尔 对了
– It’s Rachel. – Rachel, right.
你是尼尔的妹妹
Neil’s little sister.
对 你记性真好
Yeah. Wow, good memory.
我希望他没在西北大学惹麻烦
I hope he’s keeping out of trouble over at Northwestern.
没 他很喜欢那里 他选了生化专业
Yeah, he loves it. He’s doing bio-chem.
那里的新闻专业也不错
Ah, well, they have great journalism there, too.
是不错
Yes, they do.
好的 他们想让我写一篇有关
Okay, so they just, they want me to write an article
新预算方案里的天桥项目的文章
about the SkyWalk proposal in the new budget.
我只需要引述一句行政处的话就行了
And I just need a pull quote from administration.
没问题 你是要录音 好的
Yeah, oh, okay. A sound bite, nice.
我们一直在征求高中生的意见
We’ve been asking high schoolers
想让他们的生活更轻松一些
how we can make their day easier,
然后我们提出了天桥这个想法

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!