How much did you find concretely?
二十二万零三千
Two hundred twenty-three.
具体金额 但这只是最明显的部分
Concretely, but that’s just the obvious stuff.
-谁知道还有多少… -223000
– Who knows what else is buried… – $223,000.
好的 好的
Okay, okay.
我们就咬定这个金额
That’s our number.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
我们就跟董事会说这个金额 223000
That’s the number we go back to the board with, 223.
不 你没听明白
No, you’re not hearing me.
这可能只是冰山一角
That might just be the tip of the iceberg.
-你又不能确定 -弗兰克
– Well, you don’t know that. – Frank.
收据都不见了
The receipts are gone.
估计都进了碎纸机
They’re in the bin of a shredder, probably.
可能是被她弄丢了
She could have misplaced them.
现在有个非常现实的可能性
I mean, there’s a very real scenario here
其它所有支出可能都是正当的 对吧
where all the other expenses are legit, right?
-也许吧 我说不好 -菲尔 菲尔
– Maybe, I don’t know. – Okay, Phil, Phil.
她又不是什么犯罪大♥师♥
She’s not some criminal mastermind.
帕姆是我们的朋友
All right, Pam is our friend,
她犯了个愚蠢的错误
and she has made a stupid mistake.
但是…
But what…
州审计长那边怎么办
but what about the state comptroller?
海韦希随时可以
Hevesi could barge into this office
闯进这间办公室 进行外部审计
at any given moment, conduct an outside audit.
你工作了三十年 他有这么做过吗
Has he ever done that once in your 30 years of experience?
正是如此
Exactly.
你就
Just…
告诉我一个金额 然后
give me a number, and…
我来摆平董事会
I’ll take care of the board.
好了 各位
Okay, okay, everyone.
那个
So, the, uh…
总额是二十五万美元
the sum total is $250,000.
-什么 -老天 开什么玩笑
– What? – Jesus, are you kidding me?
-那女人可真有种 -我们…
– That woman has a set of balls on her. – We can just…
-我要让她好看 -你没机会了
– When I get my chance. – You never will.
拿索警方会处理她的
She’s gonna be Nassau PD’s for the taking.
-还有她那个混♥蛋♥儿子 -不不不
– And that shitbird son of hers. – No, no, no, no, no.
-不不不 鲍勃 -好了 我们得走正当途径
– No, no, no, Bob. – Okay, all right, let’s do this right.
-把手♥机♥放下 鲍勃 -为什么
– Put the phone away, Bob. – And why should he?
因为我们会失去一切的
Because we will lose everything.
什么意思 弗兰克
What do you mean, Frank?
一旦帕姆这事传出去
Once word gets out about Pam,
我们就是请《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》 《新闻日报》
we’re inviting “The Times,” “Newsday,”
以及三州地区的所有报纸
and every other paper in the tri-state area
-来上门报道 -恕我直言
– to our front door. – With all due respect,
去他的报纸 这事真真切切的犯罪
screw the papers. This is a very real crime here.
偷窃纳税人的钱
A theft of taxpayer money.
朱迪 你在学校董事会
Judy, you’ve served on the school board
工作多久了 七年
for how long, seven years?
-八年 我很自豪 -好的 在这八年间
– Eight, proudly, – Okay, and in eight years,
纳税人多少次顺利通过了
how many times has our budget been passed
我们的预算
by taxpayers without incident?
-八次 -没错
– Eight. – Right.
那等五月份我们提出下一年预算的时候
So what happens when our next budget goes up
会是什么情况
for approval in May?
我们努力了一整年的预算
The budget that we’ve worked all year on.
能帮我们通过天桥项目的经济刺♥激♥
The stimulus that gets us the SkyWalk.
能帮我们登上第一的项目 会怎么样
That gets us to first. What happens?
我明白他的意思
I get what he’s saying.
舆♥论♥会怎么说
I mean, how’s it going to look?
一个学校员工能偷窃
A school employee is able to take
数十万美元的公♥款♥
hundreds of thousands of dollars from the coffer
而不被发现
without anyone noticing.
我们为什么还要继续给学校拨款
Why would we pump more money into the school system?
没错 如果这种重大丑闻传出去
Right, if a scandal this seismic breaks,
我们的预算就完了
I mean, our budget is torpedoed, done.
我们得重头开始了
We are right back to square one.
我不知道 到时候就开不出工资了
I don’t know, you can’t pay the teachers.
也许教员会跳槽
Maybe they start migrating out.
这不会影响到大学吧
This can’t affect the colleges, huh?
我们得准备好 顶尖学校的
I think we’d have to expect that admissions
招生官对我们的看法
at top-tier schools would view us
可能会彻底改变
under a radically different lens, yeah.
不 等等 为什么
No, wait, what, what, why would they ever?
如果他们察觉到有麻烦 那他们
If they smell trouble, then they…
说不好 他们可能暂时不考虑罗斯林的学生
I don’t know, they might decide to lay off Roslyn kids for a while.
“录取”可能一夜之间变成”拒绝”
“Yeses” can become “Nos” overnight.
我听说过有先例
I’ve-I’ve heard of that happening before.
真的 总之 我们先…
I have. So anyway, let’s just…
先设想一下 好吗
let’s tease this out, okay?
我们的录取率不佳 排名下滑
We don’t perform, we go down in the rankings.
然后我们的姐妹学校
And then our sister schools
把我们挤出前十 前一百
nose us out of the top ten, top hundred.
赛奥西特和杰里科 那帮混♥蛋♥
Syosset and Jericho, those sons of bitches.
那时候我们就会看到
And that’s when we start seeing
房♥价受到负面影响
property values adversely affected.
他说的对 当然是对的
He’s right. Of course he is.
就房♥地♥产♥来说
As far as real estate,
尤其是在长岛
especially Long Island,
房♥价直接跟
a town is only as good as its…
公立学校的水平挂钩
Public school system.
我们付出了那么多努力 对吧
After everything we’ve worked for, huh?
那么多年的努力才达到现在的程度
Years that it’s taken to, to, to get this far.
这事关系到我们的孩子
These are our kids we’re talking about.
我有另一个办法
I can think of one other option.
弗兰克
Frank.
都会好起来的 帕姆
Everything’s gonna be okay, Pam.
我们很快就让你回家陪家人
We’re, we’re gonna get you home to your family real soon.
好了 把门关上
We’re good, close the door.
董事会非常清楚你为学校
The board is very aware of how hard you worked
为罗斯林 为他们的孩子付出了多少努力
for the schools, for Roslyn, for their kids.
他们知道你一直是得力干将
They know what an asset you’ve been, and, um…
所以他们明白这是怎么回事
that is why they see this for-for what it is.
一时糊涂
A lapse in judgment.
鉴于此 他们决定
And in light of that, they’re opting
不提出指控 也不报♥警♥
not to press charges or involve the police.
谢谢 谢谢你们大家
Thank you, thank you. All of you.
你要全额赔偿学校
So you’ll make full restitution to the school
二十五万美元
at the sum of $250,000.
二十五万 全额赔偿 没问题
250, full… full restitution, of course.
我会想办法的
I’ll, I’ll make it happen.
然后你要完成本周的工作
And then you’ll finish out the work week
并低调辞职
and resign quietly.
等一下
Wait.
-什么 -明白吗
– What? – Okay.
明天一早你要
Tomorrow morning, you’ll surrender
把管理执照交给董事会
your administrators license to the board
签署一份保密协议 承诺…
and you’ll sign an NDA committing…
弗兰克 弗兰克 我不明白这是怎么回事
Frank, Frank, I don’t… I don’t understand what’s happening.
我不明白 你在说什么…
I don’t understand this. Why are you…
你偷了学校的钱 帕姆
You stole from the schools, Pam.
偷了纳税人的钱
From, from the taxpayers.
偷了我们应该服务的孩子的钱
From, from the kids we’re supposed to serve.
这种…
I mean, this…
这种行为不只是不道德了
kind of behavior goes beyond the bounds of immoral.
是残酷
It, it’s, it’s cruel, it’s…
简直令人发指 甚至可以说是精神病
It’s heinous. It’s, it’s sociopathic, even.
什么 精神病
Sociopathic, what?
无♥耻♥的利己主义
The shameless self-interest.
不稳定的性格
The, the, the unstable personality.
张扬的婚姻闹剧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!